Love Is Blind(Book 2)

By Keasiia

Book 2. Please DO NOT read if you have NOT read Book 1 because you will be confused.(UNFORTUNATELY WATTPAD DE... More

Part 3||Chapter 1
Part 3||Chapter 2
Part 3||Chapter 3
Part 3||Chapter 4
Part 3||Chapter 5
Part 3||Chapter 6
Part 3||Chapter 7
Part 3||Chapter 8
Part 3||Chapter 9
Part 3||Chapter 10
Part 3||Chapter 11
Part 3||Chapter 12
Part 3||Chapter 13
Part 3||Chapter 14
Part 3||Chapter 16
Part 4||Chapter 1
Part 4||Chapter 2
Part 4||Chapter 3
Part 4||Chapter 4
Part 4||Chapter 5
Part 4||Chapter 6
Part 4||Chapter 7
Part 4||Chapter 8
Part 4||Chapter 9
Part 4||Chapter 10
Part 4||Chapter 11
Part 4||Chapter 12
Author NOTE!
Part 4||Chapter 13
Part 4||Chapter 14
Author Note!
Part 4||Chapter 15
Part 4||Chapter 16
Part 4||Chapter 17
Part 4||Chapter 18
Part 4||Chapter 19
Part 4||Chapter 20
Book 3 Part 5||Chapter 1

Part 3||Chapter 15

49.2K 2.1K 1.1K
By Keasiia

The next day...
"Hello?" Jada said into the phone.
"Hey, sup Jada what you up to?" Jigz asked. Jada scrunched up her face with a confused expression.
"Nothing much. About to give JoJo a bath" Jada said.
"Oh iight...I'm taking Amaza crazy ass to that damn carnival at 3. You wanna come?" He asked.

"No, I really don't wanna be bothered with your cousin today" Jada said referring to Elijah. She figure he was calling for Elijah.
"You ain't the only one. Me and EJ ain't on the best of terms right now" he said.
"Wow really? What he do?" Jada said already knowing Elijah was the cause.
"More like what did he say" Jigz sighed as he ran his hand down his face.

"That nigga been trippin...I tried to talk to him. But you know he hard headed" Jigz said.
"Right..." Jada shook her head.
"He texted me yesterday saying he was on his way to Texas to see his mom" Jigz said.
"Really? He didn't inform me. He said he'll get JoJo Thursday so I guess that's a lie" Jada said.
"Nah he said he'll be back in a day or two. We ain't talking but I guess he wanted to just let me know where he'll be...I-I don't think she doing too good. I've seen E act out, but this time it's different. He's hurt about something, but that nigga don't like to talk about shit" Jigz said. Jada was silent.

"He doesn't tell me anything...all he told me was about her cancer but he said she was ok. I texted Liza while I was in Miami but she never texted back" Jada said. Jigz let out a heavy breath.
"I just hope he's ok....lord knows-" Jigz stopped what he was gonna sat and shook his head.
"I'm gonna try to call him" Jada said.
"Iight" Jigz said.
"You want me to meet y'all there? Where's Liah?" Jada asked.

"She had some doctors appointment, she was the one who told me to invite you" he slightly chuckled.
"Oh ok, I just gotta give Jojo a bath and see if I can get through to Elijah, so I'll be there in a hour or so." Jada said.
"Iight, text me when you get here" he said.
"Ok, see you later Jigz" Jada said.
"Iight" He said before hanging up.

***

Jada quickly called Elijah. It rung three times before he answered. He sounded like he just woke up.
"Hello?" He said clearing his throat.
"Hello...why didn't you tell me you was going to Texas? I wouldn't had mind coming to see Sharon, I'm sure she probably wants to see JoJo" Jada said in a soft voice. Elijah huffed.
"Now isn't a good time, and plus I'm not too sure if I'm gonna go" he said.
"Go where? Aren't you in Texas?" She asked.
"Yea, but I'm not too sure if I wanna go up to the hospital" he said. His voice sounded different. He sounded like he feared something.

"What's wrong? Is she ok?" Jada asked. Elijah sat on the end of his bed not saying anything.
"Elijah..." Jada softly said.
"I don't know. I don't know, that's the scary part" he said. He knew his mother wasn't doing too good because of what Liza told him. He was suppose to been out her a while ago but kept pushing it back because he didn't want to face the fact that something bad might happen to his mother. It was selfish of him.

"I thought you said she was ok" she said.
"I didn't want you worried. She's my mother, my mother shouldn't have you worried" he said. He was talking so calm.
"Elijah, you could of told me-." Jada was cut off.
"I could of told you? When? You don't even have time to give me some pussy so when did you ever expect me to tell you shit" he said. Jada scrunched up her face and slightly pulled the phone from her ear and looked at it.
"Elijah are you fucking serious. That's your fucking issue! You can never take responsibility for shit! You always pointing fingers at everyone but you should be pointing the finger at yourself. And I had time to give a pussy, I just didn't want to fuck someone who was fucking the next bitch so fuck you!" Jada yelled. He was silent for a few seconds before letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that" he said.
"You shouldn't have said a lot of shit but you did! What did I ever do to be treated this way?" Jada asked.
"Nothing...I'm selfish. I'm sorry" he lowly said before the line clicked off.

"Hello?....Elijah?" Jada sighed as she ended the call. Jada thought if she should call him back, but she decided not to. She quickly walked across the hall to JoJo's room, he was laying on his back with one foot in his mouth. The sight of him always cheered her up.
"Heyyyy you up" Jada smiled as she picked him up kissing his chubby cheeks.

***

"I thought y'all asses wasn't coming...what up JoJo" Jigz said giving JoJo a pound. Jada chuckled.
"It was mad traffic by the high school. Where Amaza" Jada asked as she pushed the stroller in front of her.

"Right there" Jigz said as he waved to her as she rode a kiddy ride. She smiled and started waving once she spotted Jada. Jada smiled. That smiled faded as she thought about Elijah. She knew his mother being sick was a part of the reason why he's been acting the way he's been acting. But it's like he doesn't wanna tell her anything. All she wanted to do was be there for him. Jigz noticed her expression change.
"You good?" He asked. Jada glanced over at him.

"Yea I'm good" she lied as she bent down to unbuckle JoJo.
"You talked to EJ?" He asked. Jada just nodded.
"So Sharon is good?" He asked. Jada stood up with JoJo on her hip and shrugged her shoulders. He face scrunched up like she was about to cry but she stopped herself.
"I honestly don't know" was all she said as she smiled at her baby boy.

***

Elijah stood in the hallway of the hospital slowly pacing back and forth. He wasn't prepared to see his mother and just the thought of her being here made him angry.
"Lijah?" A soft voice called out. He turned around and locked eyes with his baby sister who was no longer a baby.

"Liza" Elijah lowly said as a smile formed on his face. Liza smiled as she quickly walked up to him wrapping her arms around him. She let out a heavy breath as she broke down in tears.
"Lijah" she cried.

"You said you was coming but you never came. Mama waited up but you never came. You lied. You fucking lied. Now she can't even talk. She can't do shit! These people asking me questions and I don't know shit" she semi yelled.
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry" he said squeezing her tighter.

"Sorry don't fix shit. She's dying, she's fucking dying and you waited to the last minute to show up" she yanked way from him before storming into their mothers hospital room. Elijah stood in the middle of the hallway. Tears fell from his eyes. He touched the tears and looked at the wetness from them on his fingers.
"Sir" a nurse said. Elijah heard her, but his mind drifted off. Drifted off to 20 years ago.

Sharon laughed as she watched Elijah jumped in the air and do a karate kick.
"Mama look" Elijah yelled out.
"I see you baby" Sharon smiled. Elijah ran to his mother and she picked him up placing him in her lap.
"Mama, why do you have blue eyes" He randomly asked. Sharon giggled.
"It's in my genes"she said with a smile.
"Jeans? Like these jeans?" He giggled as he tugged as his blue jeans. Sharon laughed out loud.
"No silly, genetics, my mommy and daddy, your grandma and papa have blue eyes so I have it" she said. Elijah tapped his lip thinking.
"So why don't I have blue eyes since your my mommy?" He asked. Sharon caressed his cheek. He was so curious and smart.
"Because daddy has brown eyes and brown eyes are stronger than blue eyes" she said. She was trying to explain it so his 5 year old mind would understand .
"So that mean I'm STRONG" he laughed. Sharon laughed and nodded.
"Look..." Sharon placed both their hands side by side.
"What's the difference?" Sharon asked as she looked down at her pale white hand and Elijah's light brown hand.
"Your hand is big and my hand is small mama" he said with a smile. Sharon instant smiled.
"I'm right mommy aren't I?" He said with so much confident. Sharon nodded.
"Yes my love, you're right." She smiled.

Elijah leaned against the wall as he snapped back into reality. He don't know why out of every memory they shared together that one just so happen to pop into his head.
"Sir? Are you alright?" A nurse asked.
"Yes. I'm fine" he said pushing himself off the wall. He took a deep breath before walking into his mothers hospital room.

His feet stopped as he looked at his mother from a distance. It was as if something was telling him not too go any closer. She was unrecognizable. Her full round face looked older, it looked sunken in. Her long blonde hair was very thin and had a lot of greys.

"Mama, Lijah here" Liza said in a soft voice as she glanced at him but quickly went back to texting on her phone. Sharon moves her hand slightly and her eyes slowly opened. Her bright blue eyes wasn't so bright anymore, her eyes looked darker, a more grey color. She made a low groan, that's all she's been doing. She was in pain. Physical and emotional pain. Elijah slowly walked towards his mothers bed. His heart shattered oven and over again with ever step he took.

"Mama, what happened to you" was all he could say before he broke down in tears. He bent down on one knee as he laid his head on her bed crying. He managed to hold her fragile hand as he cried. It hurt Sharon because she couldn't console him or Liza like she wanted to. All she could do was lay there because her body was too weak. Tears fell from Liza's eyes as she watched them. Elijah placed his mother hand on his cheek as he closed his eyes wishing it was just a bad dream.

"I'm sorry, I should of came sooner. I'm so sorry." He whispered as tears fell from his eyes. No other words where uttered from his mouth. Sharon couldn't respond but she heard him and forgave him. She was just thankful he was here now. They sat in silence, the only sound  was the beeping sounds from the machines and sniffling coming from Elijah and Liza.

***

He stayed by his mother bed side for hours. Just being next to her gave him comfort. It hurt him to the core because he knew soon she'll be gone forever.
"Lijah?" Liza called out. He lifted his head and glanced back at her. She pointed towards the door. An Asian man stood at the door.
"Hello, I'm Doctor Chung." The Doctor said approaching Elijah. Elijah stood to his feet nodding.

"I'm Elijah, Sharon's son" he said stuffing his hands into his front pockets.
"It's nice to meet you, she talked highly of you" he smiled but Elijah didn't crack a smile because right now wasn't the time.
"I would like to go over your mothers health with you. And talk about your options-"
"What the fuck you mean? What options?" Elijah said aggressively.

"Sir please have a seat and I'll explain-" Elijah slapped the doctors hand off his arm.
"Yo don't fucking touch me" Elijah barked.
"Elijah!" Liza yelled causing Sharon eyes to open.
"Liza" Elijah said as he glanced back at her warning her to be quiet. She rolled her eyes.
"Now like I said, what the fuck do you mean?" he asked.
"Your mother has stage 4 Brain Cancer. We tried to catch the tumor but it grew and spread to rapidly." He said.

"So what you tryna say Doc?" Elijah asked through clinched teeth.
"Don't you guys have chemo or radiation therapy" Elijah said as he rubbed his chin. The doctor gave him a sympathetic look.
"She had 4 rounds of chemo...it didn't work, and she refused surgery because there was a 50/50 change that she wouldn't survive because of where the tumor was located and how big it is" the doctor said. Elijah didn't say anything.

"The average survival time is 12-18 months, but your mother health is declining rapidly everyday. I would say she has if a month to live" he said.
"What" Elijah said in disbelief. He felt like he was about to pass out. That's the worst thing you can tell someone, that there mother is dying and only have a certain amount of time to live.

"I'm so very sorry...I have a therapist, that specializes in helping people deal with situations like this. I think it would be good if you both talked to her" he said as he held out his hand with a card in it. Elijah snatches the card. He ripped it up and tossed it on the floor.
"Get the fuck out my face" Elijah said before going back to his mothers bedside before he did something he'll regret.

***

For the next few days Elijah stayed by his mother side day and night. The only time he was away from her is when he dropped and picked up Liza from school. He was hardly eating because he didn't have the appetite. He pulled out his phone and sent Jada a text like he did every morning and night.

Tell JoJo I love him and give him a kiss goodnight for me.

Ok. Are you ok? Is your mom ok?

Yes and yes. I'll talk to you later❤️

Ok❤️

It was becoming repetitive and Jada was growing irritated with him because she knew something wasn't right.
Jada held the phone to her ear as it rung. Just when she was about to hang up Elijah answered. Both of them was silent.
"You good? JoJo ok?" Elijah asked.
"Yea, we ok. Are you ok? Where are you?" Jada asked.

"I'm good Jada. I'm in Texas." He said.
"Where? What's going on? Is Sharon ok? Please don't lie to me" Jada said. Elijah stood outside his mother hospital room leaning against the wall. He tried to hold it in but couldn't. He covered his eyes as he let out a whimper before he broke down. His cries sent chills up her spine.

"Elijah." Jada said.
"What's wrong? Elijah?" She said.
"My mom...she's dying Jada" he cried. That instantly brought tears to her eyes.
"The tumor got bigger and her cancer spread. The doctor told me she has if a month" he managed to say. Jada closed her eyes as she took everything in.

"Why didn't you tell me. I would of been right there by your side" Jada cried.
"I know. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for keeping this from you" He said.
"I'm coming down there." Jada said.
"Please...I need you more than ever" he admitted.
"Ok, imma call you back. I'm gonna see if they got any flights for the morning ok?" She said. Elijah nodded.
"Ok...Jada?" He said as he sniffled.
"Yes?" Jada lowly said.
"...I-I love you" He said.
"I love you too Elijah" Jada said before she ended the call.

***
1 week later...
Jada stayed by Elijah's side. She held him when he cried and made him feel secured. Her just being there for him made him regret not telling her what was going on from the start.

After a week, Sharon went home to heaven, losing her battle to cancer. They watched her take her last breath. Elijah lost it. Jada had never seen him act so irate. It broke her heart because she knew how it felt to loss your mother. It was so bad that 6 security where needed to restrain him. He had to be admitted to the hospital because he was
hyperventilating and because he fractured his hand when he punched the wall. After two hours they discharged him. He stayed locked up in his childhood room at his mothers house for a few days. He didn't speak or eat.

The only person he wanted at the moment was JoJo. That was the only person who kept him from going out in the streetS and committing a homicide just for the hell of it. Elijah was happy that she was finally at peace and in no more pain but sad that she was no longer here to hug him or tell him how much she loved him. A piece of his heart left once she took her last breath.

***
Fuck cancer.
RIP Sharon
***

Don't forget to VOTE!!!
Chapter 16 will be posted tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 11.3K 48
Book 1- Not your typical thug Book 2- Not your typical love (Alternate ending) Book 3- Not your typical Family Book 4- Not your typical happily ever...
141K 3.8K 39
( first book) 2020💕
111K 3.8K 20
Book 1- Not your typical thug Book 2- Not your typical love (Alternate ending) Book 3- Not your typical Family Book 4- Not your typical happily ever...
755 30 27
Just Read It!