Through the Dark // S.S. [Boo...

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Megara Parker: cousin to Peter Parker, daughter of the Big Three. Poseidon, more specifically. She's sent to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Part One)
Chapter 7 (Part Two)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 (Part One)
Chapter 26 (Part Two)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Sequel

Chapter 13

2K 52 15
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Season 2

"Ohh--Just like that. No, no, you first. Me first?" Stiles mutters.

I clutch the balloons tighter as I fight back a laugh. Mr. Martin looks at me and Stiles. "They've been here all night?"

"They've been here all weekend." Melissa corrects.

Stiles continues on. "You're dirty."

The intercom goes off. "Paging Dr. Stateman. Dr. Stateman, please."

Stiles jolts up and looks at me in a flustered expression. "Was I talking?"

I nod. "Yeah, you were saying some pretty interesting things."

His face instantly reddens and he stands up. "I could use some candy."

I follow him to the vending machine. Stiles glances to me. "What do you want?"

"I love Reese's."

He grins. "Me too!"

Stiles puts in the money and presses 'I'. The Reese's starts coming and then stops. Stiles frowns. "Seriously? Come--"

"Just--Gah! It's not gonna work." He shakes the vending machine.

"Stiles, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Relax. It'll work."

Moments later, the vending machine falls. "Whoa!" Stiles cries.

I turn to him, cocking an eyebrow. "Seriously? I told you that wasn't a good idea."

He frowns and both of us hear a scream. "Lydia? Lydia!"

We rush off to Lydia's room to find her gone. "Lydia?" I ask softly, picking up her hospital gown.

We follow Sheriff Stilinski as he walks down the hall with Melissa. "Naked? As in nude?" The sheriff asks in a confused shock.

Melissa nods. "I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing, but, yes, as far as I know, she left here clothing-optional."

"Alright, you checked the whole hospital, right?"

"Every last corner."

"Nothing suspicious?"

"Nothing. She just took off." Melissa says.

"Alright." The sheriff says. "Let's get an APB out on a 16 year old redhead. Any other descriptors?"

I smirk. "Actually, she's 5'3, she's got green eyes, fair skin, and she has strawberry blonde hair."

Sheriff Stilinski turns to me. "Is that right?"

"Yeah." Stiles says, causing his dad's attention to turn to him.

Sheriff grabs his son's ear and Stiles grabs my wrist. "Uh--come here. What the hell are you still doing here?"

"Um, providing moral support?" Stiles answers in a questioning tone.

"Uh-huh. How bout you provide your ass back home, where you should be. Take Megara home."

Stiles nods. "Okay, I can do that too."

"Yeah."

"Sheriff, please tell me you'll find her." I say quietly.

The sheriff gives me a small smile. "We're gonna find her. Don't worry."

We meet up with Scott to find Lydia. I make sure to grab her hospital gown. I thrust it in Scott's face. He looks down at it and back at me. "This is the one she was wearing? I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again."

I roll my eyes. "Great. Use your werewolf smelly thing and find her."

Someone appears, causing Stiles to jump. "Wow!"

Scott turns to see Allison. "What are you doing here? Someone's gonna see us."

Allison shakes her head. "I don't care--she is my best friend, and we need to find her before they do."

"I can find her before the cops can."

"How about before my father does?"

"He knows?" Stiles asks in shock.

Allison nods. "Yeah. I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUVs."

"Search party." Scott says.

"It's more like a hunting party."

"Get in."

Stiles nods slowly. "Alright, but if she's turning, would they actually kill her?"

Allison shakes her head. "I don't know. They won't tell me anything. Okay, all they say is, "We'll talk after Kate's funeral, when the others get here.""

"What others?" I question.

Allison shrugs. "I don't know. They won't tell me yet."

Stiles sighs. "Okay, your family's got some serious communication issues to work on. Scott, are we going the right way?"

"Take the next right!" Scott yells from out the window.

We end up at the Hale house, causing Stiles to frown. "She came here? You sure?"

"Yeah, this is where the scent leads."

"Alright, but has Lydia ever been here?"

Allison shakes her head. "Not with me. Maybe she came here on instinct, like she was looking for Derek."

"You mean--looking for an Alpha." Scott corrects.

"Wolves need a pack, right?"

"Not all of them."

"But would she have been drawn to an Alpha? Is it an instinct to be part of a pack?"

"Yeah, we're--we're stronger in packs."

"Like strength in numbers." Allison guesses.

"No, like--like, literally stronger, faster, better in every way." Scott corrects.

"That the same for an Alpha?"

Scott nods. "That'll make Derek stronger too."

Stiles crouches down. "Whoa, hey, look at this. You see this? I think it's a tripwire."

"Stiles--" Scott begins.

I turn to the sound of his voice and see him upside down. Stiles does the same. "Yeah, buddy. Oh."

Scott frowns. "Next time you see a tripwire--don't trip it."

Stiles nods. "Yeah, noted."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Someone's coming. Hide. Go!"

Stiles, Allison, and I duck behind a tree and Chris Argent appears. "Scott?"

"Mr. Argent." Scott replies.

"How are you doing?"

"Good. You know, just hangin' out." I love a bad pun. "Is this one of yours? It's, uh, good. Nice design. Very constricting."

Mr. Argent frowns. "What are you doing out here, Scott?"

"Looking for my friend."

"Ah, that's right. Lydia's in your group now, isn't she? Part of the clique? Is that the word you use? Or is there another way to put it? Part of your pack?"

"Actually, clique sounds about right to me." Scott answers.

Mr. Argent nods. "I hope so. Cause I know she's a friend of Allison's, and one special circumstance, such as yourself--one, I can handle. Not two."

"No."

"Scott, do you know what a hemicorporectomy is?"

I can't even spell that, let alone, know what it is.

Scott purses his lips. "I have a feeling I don't want to."

Mr. Argent ignores Scott's statement and continues. "A medical term for amputating somebody at the waist. Cutting them in half. Takes a tremendous amount of strength to cut through tissue and bone like that. Let's hope a demonstration never becomes necessary."

"You okay?" Allison nods, looking at Scott.

Scott shrugs. "It's just another life-threatening conversation with your dad."

"Stiles, help me with this." Allison says.

Scott shakes his head. "Thanks. But I think I got it."

"Yeah." Stiles says.

Scott gets himself out and Allison gives an awkward laugh. Scott turns and smiles at us. "Comin'?"

Shortly before Chemistry the next day, I rush to my locker and run into someone. He helps me help and smiles awkwardly. "I am so sorry. Are--are you okay?"

"I'm fine. My name is Megara."

The boy nods. "I know. I'm Isaac."

"Nice to meet you, Isaac. I'll catch you later, okay?"

He gives me a soft smile. "You have Chemistry, right? I'll walk with you."

Together, the two of us walk to Chemistry and we take our normal seats.

In Chemistry Stiles looks at Scott. "What if the next body part she steals is from someone who's still alive?"

"Who, Lydia?" I ask as Stiles nods.

Mr. Harris frowns. "This is a pop quiz Mr. Stilinski, Miss Parker. If I hear your voices again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career."

"Can you do that?" Stiles and I ask.

"Well, there it is again. Your voices. Triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly and violently. I'll see the two of you at 3:00 for detention. You too, Mr. McCall?*

"No, sir." Scott replies.

After Chemistry, I open my locker, which is next to Alison's. A guy smiles at her. "Nice dress."

"Nice camera." Allison returns.

I hear a couple girls talking. "Not her sister, her aunt. The one who murdered all those people."

The second girl says, "You mean the crazy bitch who killed all those people?"

The first girl nods. "Yeah, the fire, all those animal attacks--It was her aunt."

"Are you kidding? I sit next to her in English."

"Find a new seat." The first girl retorts.

Allison ducks her head and I stalk over to the girls. "Excuse me, it's not nice to gossip about people. See, Allison is a friend of mine, and she's a wonderful person. You barely know her. You have no right to talk smack about her. So, back off and leave her alone, otherwise you will regret it. I'm someone you should be worried about it if I ever hear you talking smack about her again."

The girls glare at me and nod. Allison turns to me. "Thank you, Megara."

She runs off and heads to a random classroom and I head to Mr. Harris's room for detention. I sit in silence for an hour; the hardest hour of my life. Finally, an hour passes, and Stiles stands up. "Sit." Mr. Harris orders.

"What, but it's been an hour." Stiles protests.

"My detention's an hour and a half."

"You can't do that." I argue.

Mr. Harris smirks. "Oh--but I can. You see, Stiles, since your father was so judicious in his dealings with me, I've decided to make you my personal project for the rest of the semester. You are going to benefit from all the best that strict discipline has to offer. Miss Parker, you could do with some discipline too, I gather. Now--sit down, before I decide to keep you here all night."

The half-hour passes and we finally are released. We head to the graveyard and hide behind a statue. "Yo." Stiles whispers.

I point to the old man. "Who is that?"

Scott shrugs. "He's definitely an Argent."

Stiles turns to Scott. "Hey, you know, maybe they're just here for the funeral. I mean--what if they're the non-hunting side of the family? There could be non-hunting Argents. It's possible, right?"

From the way the older man is glowering at everything, he's definitely got a suspicion about him. Scott confirms my suspicion. "I know what they are. They're reinforcements."

"Ah." The sheriff suddenly says, pulling up the two boys by their shirts. "The two of you. Unbelievable. I'm hoping you dragged Megara into this. Pick up my tie."

Stiles nods. "Got it. Sorry. I know, I'm supposed to ask."

We pile into the back of a cop car and an officer says over the radio, "4-1-5 Adam."

Sheriff Stilinski says, "I didn't copy that. Did you say 4-1-5 Adam?"

"Disturbance in a car." Stiles says quietly.

"They were taking a heart attack victim--D.O.A. But on the way to the hospital, something hit 'em."

"What--hit the ambulance?"

"Copy that. I'm standing in front of it right now. Something got in the back. There's blood everywhere. And I mean everywhere."

I see Sheriff Stilinski nod. "Alright, Unit 4, what's your 20?"

"Route 5 and post. I swear, I've never seen anything like this."

"Alright, take it easy. I'm on my way. Now, as for you three--"

I rub my eyes as Stiles asks, "What the hell is Lydia doing?"

Scott shakes his head. "I don't know."

We sneak out of the squad car and hide behind a small hill, watching the police and paramedics deal with the D.O.A. victim.

Stiles stretches to look at the dead person. "What kept you from doing that, was it Allison?"

"I hope so."

"Do you need to get closer?"

"No, I got it."

As Scott stands up, I grab his arm. "Scott, you need to find her. I need to know she's okay."

Scott nods and gives me a soft smile. "I will."

He runs off and I wrap my long, thin fleece sweater around myself. While I'm not cold, I do get a little chilly, especially when the temperature drops at night. A familiar strawberry blonde head appears.

I run up to her, pulling off my sweater. I wrap it around her, covering everything necessary as I call her name. "Lydia? Lydia? Lydia!"

She blinks repeatedly and focuses on me. I take a moment to look at her. Her hair is a rat's nest, covered with dirt and feathers. Her skin is dusty, but none of it matters. She's alive. I throw my arms around her and Lydia does the same. "You're alive." I whisper.

"It's so good to feel safe again." Lydia sobs. "How long have I been out here?"

"Two days, Lyds. We've all been worried sick."

Her breath stops for a second as she looks at me in shock. "Two days?"

"Don't worry. You're okay now."

She nods as she tightens her grip on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 1.1K 50
Tessa Moore is a demigod; cousin to Scott McCall. She's the daughter of Athena. The curly blonde, gray-eyed girl long ago caught the eye of the dorky...
2.5K 93 21
"Looks like I Stoll your heart, huh, Rosie?" "I hope Aphrodite makes you fall in love with a blood-sucking mosquito." "Ouch." - - - Rose Louloudi, da...
100K 1.8K 25
A Percy jackson fanfiction on a new Poseidon sibling (she is 15)
5.5K 234 53
Follow the adventures of Scott, YN, Stiles, and Thomas along with the others to keep Beacon Hills safe from Supernatural disasters. COMPLETE