4EVER

By ValeNelson69

Prince's inspiration to write songs and compose music has fizzled, leaving him concerned where the rest of hi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - This Man
Chapter 2 - More Than Tickled
Chapter 3 - The Lie
Chapter 4 - Too Special
Chapter 5 - The Meet
Chapter 6 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 7 - Jealous vs Territorial
Chapter 8 - The Devil in Horn-rimmed Glasses
Chapter 9 - Rome
Chapter 10 - Orvieto
Chapter 11 - Marissa Arrives
Chapter 12 - A Million Days
Chapter 13 - Overachiever
Chapter 14 - The Sweet Sting
Chapter 15 - Flatlined
Chapter 16 - Publisher Knows
Chapter 17 - Bernadine
Chapter 18 - Confessed
Chapter 19 - Memories
Chapter 20 - Breakfast With The Girls
Chapter 21 - A Piece Of Paper
Chapter 22 - The Sick
Chapter 23 - ๐Ÿ‘€Fuck Forever๐Ÿ‘€
Chapter 24 - "Prin..."
Chapter 25 - The Aftermath
Chapter 26 - In Agreement
Chapter 27 - An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 28 - Never Sew A Patch of Regret
Chapter 29 - Rock Her World
Chapter 30 - Your Heart Is Too Too Big
Chapter 31 - Reconciliation
Chapter 32 - Word Association
Chapter 34 - Just a Few More Minutes
Chapter 35 - 1+1+1 is 3
Chapter 36 - You're My Moon
Chapter 37 - Bloom

Chapter 33 - Juliette Dubois

557 23 57
By ValeNelson69

Noelle's silence said everything, she no longer had the energy for flight. In that moment, it didn't matter how Prince found out she was pregnant, or who told him. It could have been Gabriel, Marissa or God himself and she would have paid no mind.

When his lips met hers, she didn't shrink from him. Instead, she never allowed herself to get so lost in one before. As her heart skipped beats, his hands couldn't pull her close enough.

Released from at least one secret was liberating, and joyful. Indeed she realized he was her refuge, her beacon in the dark. Even with Prince's occasional rough edges, he managed to assemble her frayed pieces and mend her torn seams as perfectly as Bernadette's handmade quilt made of her husband's work shirts.

No doubt these two had plenty to work out, but Prince outing the fact that he knew about their baby was the best decision as an easiness settled in between them.

He didn't speak of their future.

Not once did she breathe a word of her past.

These two savored the present, overflowing with their own expressions of love in kisses, squeezes and breaths until his bottom lip dragged heavily along her cheek arriving at her ear.

"Baby...I love you so fiercely that I'd know you in the dark."

There was a newfound reverence between the two, feeling their hearts against one another's chest, loving the sensation of being in one another's arms after her depriving them of one another's affection.

The pages of her new book were filled with the ink of his name. Prince wouldn't know she was writing until the time was just right.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Back in Paris...

"Aren't choo getting married?" Asked Marissa who plopped down on Noelle's bed watching her unpack their bags.

"Well...I don't know. We didn't talk about that." Admitted Noelle with a smile.

"Didn't talk about it? What the hell did you do then? Oh hell unless you're giving details nevermind."

"Always open to the details Marissa. Like you ever talk about Donovan. Oh wait you do. HA!" Throwing her cosmetic bag at Marissa to unpack on Noelle's vanity.

"You love him." It wasn't a question as much as a statement grounded in fact.

"Of course."

"You damn right you do! All of this silliness about 'I don't know' better be put to rest beca-..."

"Stop it now...just stop. I'm not about to ask him to marry me Marissa. I want everything to be as it is supposed to be perfect in its own right and progression...or not."

"Or not what? What does that even mean?"

"Many couples are in committed relationships and raise a family with no paper involved."

"That sounds like a woman who has one foot in and the other out. You're just scared. Admit it."

"In contrast to my last proposal and engagement?? Really? Plus he needs to meet mom and dad and..."

"And what? He will ask you. I know it. Dammit you WILL accept."

"Of course I'd say yes, but I just want us together in whatever way it is meant to be."

"I know you Noelle DuBois and the next thing that'll be coming from that mouth of yours that I won't stand for is 'I don't want a big affair.' The way we pined for him in high school, college...the fact we all have posters still hanging on our walls of this man that has been enjoying your walls well..."

"Well what? You wanna plan a wedding that doesn't even have an engagement yet? This is ludicrous."

"No...this is Prince although I do enjoy Ludacris' rap in Best You Ever Had."

"What?"

Breaking it down, Marissa bent her knees with arms flailing rapp'in, hips thrusting at the appropriate parts and making Noelle bend over in hysterics.

"You ain't even gotta text me
Knowing me and you got that mental telepathy
Me be up at the spot, I'll be sending over the chauffeur
Rich nigga, bread stay popping like a toaster
Nobody come close to me and you together
Step under my umbrella
We'll make it through any weather
Except when I make it storm
Sex in the greatest form
And hibernate under my body
Yep, I keep it warmer than a chinchilla
She know I beat it up like the Thrilla in Manila
Flying my private jet to villas in Anguilla
Then throw you on a grill
Cause seven days a week you're my five course meal
(For real)

"Oooh Sissa I do love being home, I missed ya, and I do love me some Luda."

"Betta like me more." Prince stood in the doorway applauding Marissa's performance and having both ladies giggle at his perfect timing.

"What are you two hens cackling about?"

Wrapping her arms around Prince's neck Noelle greeted him with a loving kiss. "I didn't hear you come in."

"I'm like a cat, quiet and can easily hide. Say...am I still allowed a drawer or two here?" Teasingly he inquired.

"Yes! I'm unpacking you."

"Good! Now I'm outta here again for an errand. I'll be back around 4 p.m."

"What? But we just got back." Disappointment was full in Noelle's voice.

I won't be long, a couple of hours."

"Well...I'll make dinner with what we picked up at the market."

An uncontrollable, mischievous but oh so happy grin curved his lips.

"What?" An embarrassed Noelle inquired wondering what he was so smiley about.

"Good girl." He murmured in her ear, causing a most fervent blush to flush her skin. His hands slipped under her shirt just enough to sample the tender skin around the beginnings of her plumping waist. "Focus on delivering more of that suga."

As he passed the bedroom doorway, Prince kissed two fingers in a last goodbye.

"No goodbye for me? Not even see you later?" Marissa teased and Prince gave it right back.

"LIKE I GOTTA CHOICE IN THE MATTER!" He laughed and yapped from his walk to the front door. "See ya later Marissa!"

"See I knew he couldn't leave without saying goodbye."

The washable delicates of Noelle's unpacked suitcase were slipped into protective lingerie bags and popped into the washer. "If you know somethin' spill it."

"I would never..." Marissa insisted.

Noelle's quietness conveyed what Noelle was thinking about, her mumness about Jack. For Marissa, that still stung a bit. Knowing full well it hurt Marissa she needed to lighten the air.

"If...and I do mean if Prince proposes..."

"Yeah...what now. Start tell'in what you know. Sing like the beautiful canary you are."

"Would you be my matron of honor?" Noelle solemnly asked as if blessing their friendship right along with the question.

"I was hoping you'd ask me." Proudly Marissa puffed out her well endowed chest.

"How could I not. You are my best, my person."

Since Noelle was unpacking them both, Marissa smiled as she noticed a couple pair of boxers in Prince's suitcase. "You two are so adorable. I just never would have imagined looking at him the way I do now. The persona versus the real him is...cute. I mean while we were in high school did you ever think he'd wear a pair of boxers with the tasmanian devil on them?"

"Stop now. If he knew you were looking at his underwear he'd..."

"But the devil has kisses all over him. Oooooh that's just too cute now." Gushing and holding them up to herself. "These size 6x or what? HA!" She joked while Noelle snatched them out of Marissa's hands and they both chuckled as Marissa wasn't about to let go singing...

"Wearing underoos is fun. And you can choose from more than one. Underoos are fun to wear. YEAH! Something super new in underwear!"

Marissa's uncontrollable laughter only got louder and louder. "Can you see him wearing the Hulk or something?"

"You are so done!" Snatching Prince's boxers from Marissa's hands and mixing them amongst her whites in the hamper.

"Damn! Those were dirty? Be careful now...don't you mix that fine lingerie of yours with those colorful boxers. Libel to bleed all those bright colors on all that intricate lace."

"YES MOM!"

Following Noelle into the kitchen Marissa was as excited as can be for too many things to count. "Ms. Dubois what exactly will you do when you don't fit into your costly handmade, obscenely see-through lingerie that you love? I'll have to find some pretty stuff for you...HA and him. You can't fruit of the loom it. He's grown accustomed to your pretty things."

Smiling arrogantly she calmed her best friend's fears. "I got it all covered. It's called nestlingco.com." Punching the website up on her phone and sharing the screen with Marissa, the girls ooed and aahed together.

Marissa grabbed her friend lovingly and hugged her with ferociousness that reminded her of their mall rat days. "YOU ALREADY CHECKED!!! My girl has been planning!"

Once they calmed...Marissa couldn't help but whisper. "I don't care whatcha say...you're gonna be the best wife and mother. So well deserved my friend...so very well deserved. I love you and I couldn't be happier for ya."

"Thank you Marissa...now we need to tell Polly and Shelby what has been..."

"Lord those two are gonna trip." Noelle screamed.

Marissa was happy to have her best friend home.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Finally alone, Noelle called for an appointment with her obstetrician as she finished folding the first batch of their laundry.

Dinner was her next accomplishment with beef bourguignon simmering.

Enveloped in quiet, she slid into a welcoming warm bath complimented by a Lush bath bomb.

"Mmmm..." Noelle rested her head against a folded hand towel, dozing off, even lightly snoring, until her cell rang. With a swoop, a splish and a splash she was grabbing her phone and seeing that it was a FaceTime call...from her mother.

"Hell...hello? Mom."

"Sweetheart are you in the bathtub?"

"Yes...yes..."

Composing herself as best as she could and keeping the phone focused on her face Noelle started to ask questions.

"How are you mom? How's dad?"

"We're great...great. I know you've been busy with the book tour and work but not even a return call on Christmas or New Year's Noelle? Really?" Her mother didn't waste any time. She was serious but always played things off with a joke to make her point. "Your father and I woke up this morning and were kidding at breakfast...we have a daughter right? She's not a figment of our imagination??"

"Mooooom...stop. You know it's..."

"Darling no worries. I have to ride you, it's my right as your mother. Now...How was the tour? What are you up to this evening? Get me up to speed."

"Well I just got back into town today."

Her mother was bewildered. "I thought you were back...now how did I get that wrong? I swear I was following the tour agenda you sent me so that I'd know where you were."

"No you're right it wasn't on the tour."

"A little vacay after your travels?" Her mom sipped a Bloody Mary as she nibbled on some eggs, it was late morning in Toronto and early evening in Paris.

"Something like that."

"Honey you're being awfully evasive. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah mom I'm fine. Just a little tired is all."

"Your dad and I could come. Shoot let me be selfish with you. I can come for a visit if you'd like. Maybe you just need some extra care. I'd be happy to...we could catch up. I'd love to see Marissa and Chantal too. You know I swear the time between New Year's and spring is always the longest...kinda puts me in the doldrums. Please say yes..."

Distracted in conversation, Noelle didn't hear the door unlock but the removal of Prince's boots hitting the slate floor she did as her mom continued to chatter on.

"Listen mom...can I call you tomorrow evening? It's just that..."

Her mother looked a little hurt that there wasn't an immediate yes, she felt rejected until...

"BABY where you at?" Prince's smooth baritone was clear, calm. Trying to truly describe it was like writing a novel, complicated, and sexy wouldn't do because sexy is more about his eyes, his swagger, his...

"Noelle Simone..." Her mother's voice was warm and excited and her head was rubbernecking it as if she could crawl through that phone and see the man for herself. "Is this why I haven't heard from you? Is there something you'd like to tell me? It's too late in the day for that to be a repairman...nor would one be calling you baby."

You see Juliette Louise Dubois had every right to be jubilant over her daughter having a man around as the horror of Jack was still vivid in her, well everyone's, memory.

Thinking that she was just scrolling on her phone, Prince's hand gently held her head bestowing two quick pecks to her temple exiting the bathroom and continuing to holler back.

"I have no idea what is in that oven of yours but it sure smells delicious. How much time until dinner? Oh I picked up some non alcoholic items for us...sparkling water, seltzer, ginger ale, oh and the fella said to try some flavored kombucha. I've had a ginger-tinged kombucha that I quite liked. No cloying sweetness, some natural non-soda like carbonation, and it definitely lingers on the palate."

"Why nonalcoholic?" Juliette inquired, her expression drained a bit. "Oh dear is he an alcoholic honey? Not that there's anything wrong...I mean none of us are perfect but I..."

"Mom!" Shocked at where her mind immediately went, like he's got to have a problem.

As soon as Prince heard the term 'mom' he was back in the bathroom doorway mouthing bigly. "YOUR MOTHER?"

"Yes." Noelle mouthed back.

"Well aren't you two the swiftest. I can see you both. Yes it's her mother. Who might you be? No reason to slink back into obscurity. I'm a modern woman." She laughed as Prince's shadow still shied away dipping backward into the dark hallway.

"Mom...can I call you back? Let me get out of the tub and get dressed. I'll call you back."

"Sweetheart yes but you tell him it's ok."

"What is ok mom?"

"If he's had difficulty with the hooch. You know your Aunt Constance had trouble with the old firewater."

"Are you serious?" Shocked at her mother's confession about her aunt.

"Heavens yes. Don't you remember when we went shopping with her a couple of Christmases ago? She had that bottle of Final Net hairspray in her purse oh and that Binaca breath spray and was always spraying it after trying on clothes? Too many times to count I might add."

"Mom she was fixing her hair and freshening her breath.."

"Honey...please. She always hung behind saying she was fixing her hair. Nope listen now she was chugging from that pump bottle. It was vodka."

"How do you know?"

"Your Uncle Alister told me. Her fancy perfume atomizer bottles, hairspray...he even found it in her body wash bottle in the shower. I suppose there's nothing like starting off the day with a little hair of the dog. Anyway, it's nothing to be ashamed of these days. I had just hoped after Jack..."

Noelle wasn't sure where this was going about Jack but she didn't care to know either. "Mom...I'll call you back." With that, Noelle ended the call and Prince had towel in hand ready for her to step out.

Exhaling heavily from her lips, Noelle was concerned about broaching the topic of her parents.

"I don't want you to worry about a thing, I'm so ready meet your parents."

"Really?"

"Tell the truth now..." He smiled with a bit of side eye.

"About what?"

"How fast do I need to be? Tyson Gay? Yohan Blake?"

"Who are they?" Scrunched brow conveyed Noelle's confusion.

Into his arms he took her patting her skin dry and placing whisper kisses on her shoulder. "They my dear are the top two fastest runners. When your daddy finds out you're pregnant you give me the high sign so I can have a running start."

"Stop. You're acting like I'm 16 years old. I'm a grown woman, on my own, have my own business. It'll be fine."

"No father likes knowing their daughter is pregnant and unmarried. I don't care how old or accomplished you are. I'll bet you...hmmm...one of those eclairs from the bakery that I'm right."

"You're so on because I'm craving one of those right now."

"Your wish is my command."

"NO NO!" She hurried to finish getting dressed chasing him to the front door. By the time she arrived he was already down a flight of stairs on his way out. Adding another item, she hollered down the stairwell.

"And some petit fours!"

"ONE OF EVERYTHING!" His voice echoed up the stairwell.

"THAT'S NOT NECESSARY SILLY!"

"BUT ONLY BECAUSE I CAN!" Arrogance laced with cuteness, there was nothing better.

It had been too long. Juliette was calling her daughter back and Noelle was prepared to lay the facts on the table, well almost everything.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

It may have been a strategic move to accept her mother's call without video.

"Hi mom."

"Don't you hi mom me Noelle. I can't see your pretty face, you're now avoiding me."

"No, not at all. I'm multitasking while we talk and it would be too hard to keep my phone focused only on my face."

"Mmmm...you sure." Juliette challenged.

"I'm folding laundry as we speak."

"So how did the two of you meet?"

Noelle fought the smile that instantly curled. "At a book signing."

A loud clap could be heard in the background. "I knew it...writing that book was going to draw some good to you, it was also a purging."

"Not all my relationships were bad."

"Well...Bruce was lovely dear but there was no spark as much as he was a catch and your father tried his best mind you." Her mother was famous for spewing half a dozen thoughts in a run on sentence.

"Yeah because relationships are a community effort and activity. Dad had nothing to do with it outside of an introduction."

"So tell me...what does he do for a living?"

"He's an...an entertainer."

"Ugh...really Noelle?" The tone alone conveyed her disappointment. "Unless you're gonna tell me he's a tenor what does that mean? Magician? Lounge act? God kill me now if he's a circus act." Juliette knew the man her daughter selected was none of these but she had an affiliation for the dramatic.

Playfulness was what Noelle was known for too, she planned to string her mother along a bit longer.

"He's very well known in his arena, a singer and a fun dancer."

"A dancer? Noelle I can't even think of anyone that's a singer...a FUN dancer...huh...only one man comes to mind and it's that Tiger Beat magazine fella..."

A little surprised, and relieved, her mom came up with it so easily.

"Shaun Cassidy right?" Juliette was impressed with her memory.

"No mom he was an actor too, and I liked Shaun when I was what eight? He's one of the Hardy Boys."

Could she have been more out of touch?

"Ooooh yeah. I'd find you watching him and eating cereal Sunday mornings. Yeaaah... Hmmm."

The apartment door squeaked open and Noelle's voice changed, almost up an octave, signaling to her mother how much joy this man brought to her.

"Did I scare him off? Yet he decided to come back, that's a good sign." Her mother teased.

"Mom...we'd like to come for a visit if that's alright."

"More than alright. We'd love it. We can have drinks...oops no drinks just dinner at the club and dessert at the house. Will you be staying here?"

Adamantly, Prince shook his head no.

"No mom, no fuss. We can make arrangements at the Inn."

"Thank you Mrs. Dubois but I can take care of everything."

"PRINCE?!! The poster?" Out of nowhere Juliette figured out the shadowy man.

"I love you mom. Bye now." Dropping her phone on the counter, Prince and Noelle made out like teens and made love as adults.

Happy Thursday night! I hope you all are having a great evening!! 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 20K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 40.2K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
706K 26K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...