Children of the Archangels

Por BronxCrusader

Nineteen-year-old Luke Sanchez was doing well at college until demons showed up at his campus and possessed h... Más

CHAPTER 1: LUKE MISSES HIS GIRLFRIEND
CHAPTER 2: KEVIN BATTLES A DEMON
CHAPTER 3: A SWORD MADE FROM A STAR
CHAPTER 4: A SHORTCUT OFF A CLIFF
CHAPTER 5: WELCOME TO SGA
CHAPTER 6: MEET ALPHA
CHAPTER 7: ALPHA STANDS UP TO A BULLY
CHAPTER 8: JUG
CHAPTER 9: FOUR 4 LETTER WORDS
CHAPTER 10: ELEMENTAL ANGELS
CHAPTER 11: REDEMPTION, ANNIHILATION, OR ETERNAL SUFFERING
CHAPTER 12: THE WATCHERS AND ANGEL BABIES
CHAPTER 13: GIANT YAK ATTACK!
CHAPTER 15: DARK SOUNDS
CHAPTER 16: WHO WANTS YAK BELLY?
CHAPTER 17: CLEAN UP & WHISKY
CHAPTER 18: A WELCOME MAT FOR GOD
CHAPTER 19: OUTCAST
CHAPTER 20: WHO WANTS TO ROB A LIBRARY?
CHAPTER 21: AN ANGEL LOSES HIS TONGUE
CHAPTER 22: TWO FRIENDS
CHAPTER 23: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
CHAPTER 24: GOD'S DANGEROUS CREATURES
CHAPTER 25: LUKE NAMES HIS BOW
CHAPTER 26: THE DIVISION OF HOUSE URIEL
CHAPTER 27: LIGHTNING RAGE
CHAPTER 28: JUSTICE UNDER GOD
CHAPTER 29: SEVEN DAY CHALLENGE
CHAPTER 30: GARDEN RUN
CHAPTER 31: THE MISSION BRIEFING
CHAPTER 32: SAVING OR SINNING?
CHAPTER 33: THE DEPARTURE
CHAPTER 34: A FELINE GHOST
CHAPTER 35: LIGHTNING WHIP
CHAPTER 36: THE ELECTRIC GIFT
CHAPTER 37: DEMONS OF THE ANTARCTIC
CHAPTER 38: ONE V SIX
CHAPTER 39: AN ANGEL IN DISGUISE
CHAPTER 40: NEW MEMBER, NEW PROBLEMS
CHAPTER 41: UNEXPECTED ENTRANCE
CHAPTER 42: PARADISE COVE
CHAPTER 43: THE INNER SANCTUM
CHAPTER 44: THE GUARDIANS OF THE GARDEN
CHAPTER 45: THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE
CHAPTER 46: ALPHA GOES BETA
CHAPTER 47: THE FORGOTTEN ANGEL
CHAPTER 48: THE FOUND ANGEL
CHAPTER 49: AN ARCHANGEL'S TALE
CHAPTER 50: LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD
CHAPTER 51: BORN OF THE SMOKELESS FIRE
CHAPTER 52: THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY
CHAPTER 53: DRAWN FROM THE LIGHT
CHAPTER 54: ARMY OF THE VOID
CHAPTER 55: LOST TO THE VOID
CHAPTER 56: WHAT'S IN A NAME?
CHAPTER 57: THE SPY IS EXPOSED
CHAPTER 58: THE PRIMA-COLLOQUIUM
CHAPTER 59: EXPELLING FORCES
CHAPTER 60: LIGHTNING VS METAL
CHAPTER 61: THE DIVINE BLAZE
CHAPTER 62: BERNAR
CHAPTER 63: WAKING UP A GIANT
CHAPTER 64: UNEXPECTED VISITOR
CHAPTER 65: FULL CIRCLE
EPILOG: CAPTURING THE FLAVOR OF THE PAST
New Story: "How to Raise an Assassin"

CHAPTER 14: HEAD ON HAND COLLISION

82 18 27
Por BronxCrusader

Luke didn't want to just stand and watch as the Zengan tried to impale Sirius with its massive horns. However, Luke knew he wasn't equipped with the knowledge or the skills to stop this creature.

Yet Sirius was in the same year as him, a simple dove, and he mustered up the courage to defend his school. Why couldn't Luke do the same?

Sirius made dodging the speeding yak look as easy as dodging a ball thrown by an infant in dodgeball. He swept aside, uncurled his left hand, and switched on his sword of light.

Also making his appearance on the battlefield was Dean Ammon in his salmon colored dress shirt and white SGA tie. He didn't question why Sirius was there. He just rolled with it. "Sirius, keep the bull away from the soldiers while I defrost them."

"Yes sir," Sirius said pinching his nose and talking in a nasally voice. "Hey smelly fur ball, I got some soap for you over here."

The Zengan bellowed as if soap was its archenemy. It charged Sirius, who was leading the yak to the opposite side of the battlefield while the Dean unfroze soldiers with a touch of his hand. He seemed to absorb the ice into his meaty hands like it was in its liquid state.

"Step away from the window son," Mr. Faustin said again. "I don't want to repeat myself a third time."

The soldiers, Luke thought. I can at least help the Dean defrost the soldiers. Luke looked back at the teacher and apologized. "Sorry mister," and then he popped open the window and leaped outside. The furious yelling of Mr. Faustin behind him could've been mistaken for the bellows of the Zengan.

Luke ran to the nearest frozen soldier whose body was frozen in place from the neck down. The soldier ordered him to return to class. "It's too dangerous out here for a dove like you."

"Yet I'm not frozen," Luke said as he concentrated on summoning the flame in the palm of his right hand. He snapped his fingers and dancing to life was a red and orange flame. He held it close to the ice and started melting it. The soldier struggled as the ice was melting, cracking it once it got weaker. Then he broke free and collapsed to the ground with his legs looking like spaghetti.

"I'm numb all over," the soldier complained. "Thanks dove."

Luke corrected him. "My name's Luke, and I'm no simple dove." He looked at the next soldier and made his way towards him. Off in the distance he could see Sirius pulling some Matrix moves, dodging icy cannonballs, and blinding the bull. He struck with his sword of light, but the sword couldn't connect either. Luke couldn't help wondering what the heck was beneath that fur that not even a sword of light could pass through?

The strike Sirius made had bounded back and sent him flying as he cursed with his eyes closed.

A mirror, Luke thought. That could be the only explanation for how it can reflect light—a really strong reflective surface that not even light can pass through. But if bullets failed to shatter the glass, then what could pierce that yak's armor?

Luke ran up into the Dean, who put his icy hands out to stop Luke. It felt like a doctor pressing a cold stethoscope against his chest. "Why aren't you in class?"

"I couldn't just stand there and watch."

The Dean seemed to chew on this for a second until he realized that there was a crazy Yak on the loose. "Don't let your thirst for courage and recognition get you killed." He looked towards the three remaining soldiers frozen in ice. "Deal with them. I'm going to have a chat with the beast," he said rolling up his sleeves to expose hairy arms. He marched over towards the beast with anger in his steps. Luke felt sorry for the beast.

Luke rushed to soldier number one and started defrosting. While he was doing that, he noticed the Dean's right arm amass a layer of ice that grew three times his size and made a battering ram. He called for Sirius to lead the Zengan over to him.

Sirius nodded and Luke saw Sirius's left eye flash. It was like when he noticed his right eye change during the battle with the Aeria. But this time, his left eye produced a different image from a diamond raft in an ocean of blue. It exploded into a micro galaxy with a golden star (✴︎) in the center. The galaxy was silver gray but dotted with many red stars that populated the dimness surrounding the golden celestial body in the center.

The Zengan charged at Sirius, but Sirius closed his left eye and disappeared. Poof. One second he was there, the next he was gone.

Then the area in front of the Dean looked distorted as he reappeared in the space in front of him. His back was towards Luke as he whistled for the Zengan.

"You-hoo, over here smelly farts."

Besides Luke thinking Sirius spent too much time around Alpha for coming up with these childish chides, he was just as confused as the rampaging yak who was wondering where his meal had gone. The Zengan turned around and charged up a cannonball of ice. It fired three shots at Sirius.

Sirius's left eye returned to normal gray, but his right eye was whisked away to a sea of blue with a diamond life raft holding three pearls atop.

The cannonballs disappeared from the air.

The pearls disappeared from his eyes.

The cannonballs reappeared above the Zengan and plummeted straight for it, smashing against its hard hide and snapping the cannonballs in half.

Sirius covered his eye instantly and knelt down on one knee. Luke knew he was tiring out. Whatever teleportation move he was doing was draining him. With such a move, he was surprised that Sirius didn't get put into House Gabriel since Jordan can do something similar, only probably not on such a large scale.

"This thing won't break," Sirius complained.

"Then let me try," the Dean said. "Move out of the way at the last second but get him charging."

Sirius stood back up, a bit wobbly, but shook off his weariness. "Hey hardhead, did I knock out your last remaining brain cells with that counter?"

The yak smashed the ground, causing a crack in the pavement. Then he started charging.

Sirius's left eye changed again. "He's all yours Dean Ammon."

Dean Ammon sprinted forward as Sirius disappeared into the wind. He charged right at the Zengan and thrust out his arm, covered in the thickness of an ice age Antarctic ice sheet. The bull realized too late and couldn't slow down.

The impact shattered the ice, sending shards in all directions. Luke thought he was a goner. He had no cover to hide behind. Then he heard rock split and a wall rising from the Earth below. The sound of glass shattering filled the air like chimes against the wind.

Luke thought he'd wake up to find himself splintered across his body with icy shards. But when he opened his eyes he saw a wall of stone had risen up from the Earth and was retreating back down.

Luke thought the wall was summoned by one of the Tempest students. He looked up and saw that it wasn't a person in black. It was Sirius.

"I'm a man of many tricks," Sirius said. "Told you they don't know what to do with me."

He tried to sound confident, but in reality, Luke heard the deep breaths he took. Sirius was beat.

"His skin is indestructible," Sirius huffed. "We have to find a way through it."

"It's reflective," Luke said. "The surface that is. That's why your sword blinded you when you struck it."

"That's one lucky mirror," Sirius said. "If Absorber can't get through it, then what can?"

"Maybe he has a weak spot," Luke said. "Have you've tried attacking beneath the thing?"

Sirius started studying the Zengan and smacked himself for not thinking of it. "It may work. See how its hairs just stop by the hooves."

"But the only thing is, how can we get close enough to go beneath it without it stomping us into the underworld?" Then Luke realized that Sirius was good at teleporting things, and he could manipulate the Earth on top of that.

Sirius seemed to know what Luke was thinking. "I got about one move left in me before I'm too tired to even breathe."

"Then teleport me," Luke said. "I'll try and stop him."

Sirius's touched the ground with the palm of his hand and a wall of rock surrounded Luke. His right eye started to shift to an empty raft. "Don't try, just succeed."

The last thing Luke saw was himself floating on the raft inside Sirius's eye before feeling his body peel apart like a banana.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3K 261 24
For the fae, magic is everything: status, power, wealth, honor. For Vera Reite, a fae born with no magic, it is a shameful reminder that she will nev...
46.6K 3.3K 26
{COMPLETED!} A story of twists and turns, and an epic struggle. He was there. And then he was gone; vanished. Ellen's attacker was killed in broad...
Pity and a Shame Por lyttlejoe

Misterio / Suspenso

596 129 23
A small bedroom community/tourist town rocked by its first homicide, the brutal murder of an unpopular recluse. An unemployed ex military policeman...
2.5K 81 4
Still reeling from the death of her mother, Mina Graham's life is upended once more when she is invited to attend the illustrious Serus Academy, an i...