Flowing Promises (Under Revis...

By Innocence51

Korosensei made a promise to Aguri Yukimura to look after her little sister since she'll be alone. But when h... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29.1
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Chapter 58

1.8K 23 14
By Innocence51

I am an Assassin too

---

Normal POV

The room was quiet before the night. With only the sounds of the breathing air conditioner, our heroine decided to take a hot shower before the actual filming starts.

Starring her and other actors, this is actually her first time to get back on cameras ever since she had been discharged from the hospital.

However, she trained herself these past few days by rehabilitating and recovering. She even practiced a few acting lessons to catch up, and now, a nice dip from a warm bath is what stands between her and her fate.

She starts to undress by the bathroom door and went inside the steamy room with a towel wrapped around her waist.

Taking it off and hanging it somewhere, she turns on the shower, and a warm, gentle but little rain poured towards her feminine body.

She grabs a hold of her hair and plays with it while the shower continues to  stream on her face.

After a while, she suddenly smiled with her eyes closed and muttered out loud her thoughts that said:

"Ahhh... what a refreshing moment."

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

"Hmmm... Room 464.. Room 46—Ah! Here it is." Nagisa happily walked towards the door of room 464 and raises his hand to push the doorbell.

With one click, he patiently waited for a response. But a few seconds had passed yet Nagisa never heard anything from the other side.

He tries his luck again and pushes the doorbell once more, but no avail.

"Hmm... I thought that she'd be inside." Nagisa said to himself and think for another way to get in.

Instead of pressing the doorbell this time, he gently knocked on the door and called out her name as softly as he can.

"Kayano? (knock~ knock~) Kayano? Are you in there?"

Out of impulse, Nagisa had grabbed the doorknob, and to his surprise, it wasn't locked.

"What? Her door's open?"

Nagisa was making doubts as to why Kayano would leave her door open.

"Now I kind of understand why she was needed to have a bodyguard."

He lets out a heavy sigh and timidly walked towards inside, closing and locking the door behind him.

After he had gotten in, he witnessed the very display of an inside of a room of a luxurious hotel. They were dazzling and sparkling to his eyes; furnitures were attractively arranged, the walls and ceilings were very plain but clean, and lastly, a set of an LCD-TV, a CD-DVD player, a comfy cushioned couch and a well-prepared tea set lying on a shiny table were what caught his eye the most.

He starts to roam around the living room and observes everything that they hold expensive.

"So this is what a hotel is like.." Nagisa wondered.

He had never been into one despite his chance to travel a lot. Normally, he'd be spending a night when away from home by a lodging or a small apartment due to its cheap price. But when he saw all of these, it was too unbearable for him to not want to.

But, out of all things, he realizes something.

"Where is she? Maybe she's not in here?"

He said this to himself as he continued looking around the room. He was starting doubt that this might be the wrong room.

But just then, as he passed a certain corner...

KLA-CHUNK!!

"Hm...??"

"Huh...??"

He heard a door closing to his right, and just then as he turned to look to that direction, there's another person standing along the short hallway towards the restroom, completely frozen on her tracks. Her eyes met his' but they were both unaware of the unprecedented, sudden, situation.

Time somehow froze during their split-second meeting and both of them had a little time to realize everything.

Kayano had just got out from her bath, so basically, she's half-naked.

As for Nagisa, well, he didn't realize what was going on. He saw it, but, it was like his soul had just leaped out from the vessel. He was just standing there with the same expression on his face.

However, time started flowing again, but a huge eruption of redness appeared on Kayano's silky face in an instant as she inhaled with a grin and starts to shout.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE LOOKING, YOU PERVERT!!!!!"

With that, their split-second meeting ended with a loud slap.

———————————————————

"Geez, you really scared me."

"I'm very very sorry about that."

After that big incident, Kayano had finished wearing something while Nagisa chastened over it and is currently kneeling down on the floor with his head hung down.

He was too embarrassed to look at her after what he saw and what happened, so he had no choice but to avert his gaze.

Meanwhile, Kayano was sitting at a couch in front of him while wearing a disappointed face. But after what she just said, she rolled her eyes to the side with her eyelids slightly opened and muttered something that she wasn't supposed to say out loud in front of him.

"Well, considering that you're a guy, I guess that's pretty normal for you to want to see me like that.."

But this caused Nagisa to make an uproar.

"WHA—!! D-DON'T TAKE ME FOR A PEEPING TOM!!!" He shouted but not loud enough to cause disturbance to the neighbors.

However, Kayano fully ignored Nagisa's uproar and puts her question she had in mind at first than seeing how he was reacting.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me. Mr. Karasuma sent you here, right?" She asked while keeping a face feigning ignorance.

"Ehh? Ah... yeah." He eventually calmed down in an instant and was now able to look at her normally as he answered her question.

"I see. (giggle~) You'll be my bodyguard for the night, then."  Kayano made a soft giggle and smiled at the thought.

Then in such speed, she turns around in the opposite direction, completely entranced by the idea.

"I'm so happy!" was what was going on inside her mind.

On the other hand, Nagisa also had a question in mind.

"Um, Kayano, isn't tonight supposed to be the time for your studio to start filming?" He politely asked.

"Oh, about that, the director had moved the schedule for our shooting from 08:00pm to 09:00pm. And the time for today is still 07:39pm so we have pretty much time to spend." Kayano explained to him.

"Ah, I see."

"Do you have any problems about it?" Kayano suddenly asks this.

"Ah, n-no... I don't—"

Before Nagisa could finish what he was about to say something back, Kayano walked towards him, squats down and closes a few gaps in front of his face. She looked through his deep blue eyes and began to smile.

"Then that's fine."

Nagisa was caught off-guard and starts to blush while Kayano stood back up, pretending that nothing just happened.

"Okay! Now, what should I do for the rest of the time..." She walks towards the LCD-TV, and figured out what she should do for the time being.

"Oh, I know!" She picks up the remote and looks back at Nagisa that was now standing while wearing a dumbfounded expression.

"Want to watch a movie with me, Nagisa?"

Nagisa was having trouble recollecting his thoughts, but he wasn't that dense to not realize what she was up to.

So, he started smile and said:

"Sure!"

———————————————————

Time Skip >>>

It was finally the time. The studio had just started unpacking their equipments for the filming, preparing the starring characters, and a short amount of time to rehearse their roles and lines while the technicals were still busy.

Meanwhile, Nagisa was far around a corner, consistently being vigilant to his entire surroundings. He has but one purpose: protect Kayano.

"Even though that this is a public area..."

Entering Flashback...

"The police had reported strange activities around the area. We don't know who they are or what they're after, but there's no doubt that they pose a threat to hundreds of innocent lives." Said Mr. Karasuma.

Exiting Flashback...

"...I can't afford to lose my guard. I have to protect her no matter what."

While Nagisa wandered through his thoughts, his eyes were clearly fixated on Kayano that was rehearsing her part with another female actor.

If it was a male, well, only time will tell what happens.

Meanwhile, somewhere nearby...

Across 500 meters away from the hotel, there's this tall building with a huge satellite dish on top of it; an ideal spot for snipers.

Just then, two individuals were laying in wait—the other was armed with a M82 Barrett looking through its night-vision long-ranged scope while the other had a pair of night-vision binoculars, watching at the same angle.

Their priority objective: back-up unit Python and secure the safety of his client.

Agent Yawakaze and Agent Kitakami, two veteran assassins were sent to help Nagisa handle his first mission being a bodyguard.

But since they take him as someone who is seriously strong, they'll only act as back-up so that they won't be criticized as kill-stealers if it were in a game.

"I wonder when those guys are gonna show up." Agent Yawakaze, the one holding the American sniper rifle started talking while he remained his position.

"Oh, speak of the devil..." Agent Kitakami, the one with the binoculars had just spotted two trucks around a shady place unloading armed soldiers. He prompted that they could be the terrorists that the cops had reported.

Yawakaze had also moved his rifle to look at the same angle, but he was a bit worried.

"Are you sure they're gonna be alright? It's only Shiota and the security down there."

But, Kitakami only made a flat smile while he continued monitoring the unknown group's movements.

"I think you have it the other way around. You should be asking, are those guys gonna be alright."

"You seem to trust Shiota very well." Yawakaze was surprised to what his colleague had said.

"That's because... at the time we had a one-on-one match with nothing but our hands and legs, when he defeated me, I saw his potential. He's a true prodigy." Kitakami was reminiscing about his' and Nagisa'a duel when they were back at the US.

He believed that Nagisa was far more gifted than the rest of them, and that's how he gained his trust for his underclassman.

He's strong. He's talented. He's skilled and deadly in terms of assassination. In shorter term, a prodigy among assassins.

"Oh, seems like they're spreading out." Kitakami said with the binoculars still on.

"I've spotted snipers... 1, 2... 4 of them." Yawakaze reported.

"Well, ain't this a show. Just how much is this woman worth for all of these men?" Kitakami asked.

"Only Karasuma knows that."

Finally taking off his binoculars, Kitakami reached for his earpiece and started speaking.

"This is Unit 407. We have spotted several hostiles surrounding the hotel. Requesting immediate support."

Yawakaze also took off from looking through the scope and turned to look at Kitakami.

"I thought you said that Shiota can handle them?" He doubted.

"He can, but he can't protect everyone in that building, so we don't have a choice. We'll continue our recon until the back-up force arrives."

———————————————————

Switch to Nagisa's POV

This is strange. I'm feeling a lot of animosity. Are they finally showing up?

"Alright people! We'll start the recording in 30 seconds! Get ready!"

My thoughts were interrupted by the director's mark. The actors had already positioned themselves as well as the technical group that handles the cameras, the microphones above their heads, and the lighting.

I've never seen a live filming like this before. It's actually making me get goosebumps. But, it all went away when I saw Kayano among them.

I know she can pull this off. I just have to believe in her.

Kayano, you can do this!

"Aaaand... Action!"

"Mikki! Why?! Why are you leaving the house?!"

"Hmph! I don't want to live in that house full of garbage anymore. Just leave me alone already, onee-chan!"

While the actors had started acting, I suddenly felt something chilly running down on my spine.

This feeling.

I might be wrong, but it's also possible.

There's no doubt about it.

I've dealt with a lot of situations like these, so I've familiarized every opportunity that bad guys will take.

And what's worse is at a time like this...

This is just me acting paranoiac and all, but, there's no doubt that somebody has a gun pointed towards us!

Where...

I cautiously looked from left to right, and after turning around to look at the back, I noticed something glittering from a distance.

Up there!

---

"I have the target in my sights."

"Copy that.. You are clear to engage."

"Roger. I'm taking the shot."

---

"Serizawa-san, put more energy on your expressions. And Yukimura-san, you messed up a line. It's supposed to be 'Yesterday, I saw Mikki walking with a boy!' Did you forget about that part?"

"A-ah! I-I'm really sorry! Sorry for being less expressive!"

"Me too, I apologize for messing up. I'll try to—"

"GET DOWN!!"

With all my impulse shouting the same thing, I rushed towards Kayano with all my might and shouted.

Of course, everyone were shocked and were caught off-guard, but once I reached a few meters, I jumped towards her while shouting her name.

"Kayano!"

BANG!

"AAAAAHHH!!!"

As soon as the gunshot roared, it fortunately missed us and hit a glass cabinet instead.

Though, everyone started shouting while the glass cabinet started to crumble onto the floor. They immediately duck while covering their heads in fear and were shrieking... well, except for the males.

"Damnit! They're making their move!"

"N-Nagisa?" I gazed over Kayano underneath me but I didn't pay any attention about our position.

"I've got no time to explain. We have to get you and the other people to a safer place!"

While I tried to persuade her that everything's under control, a radio communication spoke from my left earpiece.

"Unit 80! Unit 80! Are you there?!"

I quickly turned the mic on and responded while I moved away from Kayano and crouched on the floor.

"This Unit 80! What's the sit-rep?"

I watched around my surroundings and just realized that the outside was a little smokey. The security officers had just arrived and were evacuating everyone to somewhere safe.

But I'm not instructing Kayano to go with them. I'll stay by her side no matter what happens.

"Unit 407 had just requested immediate assistance and are sending additional agents to your location..."

Kitakami-senpai?

"Meanwhile, I need you to hold out as long as you can until they arrive!"

"Copy that, sir!"

After the comm ended, I took out a pistol from my suit and checked it's ammunition before reloading. I also had already equipped it with the silencer.

Then, I looked towards Kayano.

"Kayano, listen to me. No matter what happens, stay behind me!"

I tried to looks serious as I said this. But after a few seconds, to my surprise, Kayano suddenly 'X'ed her eyebrows and raises her hand like she's reaching for something.

"I'm an assassin too, Nagisa. I won't be the same helpless girl from before that has to rely on you."

That... That kinda sounded cool. Her expression as she said that, the tone of her voice, that courageous look on her face, she's really serious about it.

The idea sounded dangerous, but at that moment, I saw the dedication on her eyes. She doesn't want to be behind the front forever. She wanted to help. And the fact that she had also undergone training from Korosensei, I cannot doubt her skills when it comes to assassination.

We might make a great team too.

Then, if that's the case...

"Alright."

I made a remarkable smile as I reached for her hand, helping her stand up. Now that we both were back on our feet, I held my pistol with both hands while Kayano was right beside me, holding out another pistol I just gave her and a blade on her other hand.

We both looked cool, if I say so myself.

"Let's go, Kayano!"

"Yeah!"

---

End of Chapter 58

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 518 21
The third instalment of the Luffy x Hancock series Trilogy but can be read as a Standalone Set in the Movie Stampede, Hancock is invited to the Pira...
84.1K 1.6K 16
"What if I told you, you could be adored by girls? Admired by other boys?" the brown haired girl asked. "All you have to do is say yes, or no to my q...
12.9K 219 9
after his family threw him out, Lincoln ran from home and was never heard from again. 14 years later, Lynn Sr. dies shortly after an accident, Rita t...
74.3K 1.3K 16
Old RWBY series I'll go and revise eventually. I dont own anything from Rwby. But I will add a few of my own characters. In memory of Monty Oum. Ke...