Just By Chance

By AnaisNaiim

Beam has had a crush on Forth since their freshman year when they met during the Moon and Star pageant, but s... More

Author's Note
1. Move In Day
2. Playing Cupid
3. First Encounter
4. The New Moon
5. 3 on 3
6. The Infirmary
8. We Meet Again
9. Falling
10. A Rose For You
11. Taking Chances
12. Could This Be Fate?
13. The First Date
14. Butterflies
15. Ride With Me
16. Secrets
17. Jealous
18. dRuNk
19. dRuNk: Part 2
20. Cupid's Arrow
21. Jealousy Strikes Again
22. A Kiss Goodnight
23. Questions
24. Tension
25. Desire
Author's Note
26. The Truth
27. Begging For Forgiveness
28. The Blow Up
Special Chapter (Oat & Chris)
Author's Note (June 28, 2020)
29. Still Jealous
30. Apologies
31. Seven
32. Heart To Heart
33. Just By Chance
Special Chapter (Mai Ding & Sua)

7. Clumsy

8.6K 349 9
By AnaisNaiim

Two days had passed since the accident and the school faculties were now starting to choose their representatives for the Moon and Star competition. Phana had been pretty moody lately because of whatever he had going on with Wayo. They were always arguing about something and it drove Beam and Kit crazy. Mostly because they knew that Phana actually liked Yo and he was just being a jerk like always; never wanting to admit his true feelings.

"Come on guys, Ai'Kit, Ai'Beam. Come help out for the freshman." Phana pleaded, trying not to whine.

"Why do we have to go? You're the one who was the moon of the university, not us. Only moons are supposed to help." Beam fired back. "And what about my breakfast?" He was tired of Phana always dragging him and Kit into his situations. And like always, he was hungry.

"But they could still use all the volunteer help they can get. Please?"

"All you're going to do is stare at Nong Yo like a lovesick puppy. You know he was chosen to represent the science faculty." Kit said folding his arms with a smirk.

"I will not! I help everyone there." Phana said looking away from his friends, trying to hide his embarrassment.

Kit and Beam exchanged knowing looks.

Phana looked up to see his friends staring at him with smug looks on their faces.

"Whatever! Let's just go okay??" He snatched his wallet and keys and walked out the door. Beam sighed and Kit shook his head, then they both followed him out the door.

****

Today, all the moons and stars were going to be meeting in the center of campus by the main statue. Phana filled Beam and Kit in on what was going to be happening as they walked. Today was photo shoot day so all the moons and stars were going to be taking individual shots, faculty pair shots, and a few group shots. If things were as disorganized as they were last year with the photo shoots, then this was going to take a long time. By the time they arrived, Beam was already thinking about ways he could sneak away and go get food. But to all of their surprise, things were actually running smoothly with professional photographers and equipment.

"Wow, they really stepped it up this year." Kit mused as he looked around. But Phana wasn't listening. He was already scanning the crowd of freshman for his one and only Nong Wayo.

"Look, I see Nong Ming. That means you-know-who has to be pretty cloossee." Beam sang happily as he nudged Phana playfully. Phana quickly cut his eyes to him but looked away just as fast. He didn't want to miss the chance at seeing Wayo. Ming was standing against a light pole with a few other moon representatives looking as cool as ever with his hands deep in his pockets and dark shades on his face. His head turned in their direction and no one saw Kit stiffen. In fact, after Beam's teasing, no one was even looking at Ming except Kit.

Ming tilted his head down to peer over his sunglasses at Kit. Kit went red in the face and looked away. Ming pushed his glasses back up on his face and turned back to whatever he was looking at before.

"There he is!" Kit pointed. "He's about to go take his photos next." As he said it, Yo was making his way out towards the big statue of Princess Penchan Lamai Asawatangsatian. [A/N: This is a completely made up name. There is no Princess Penchan Lamai of Thailand. I just liked the name.)

Beam turned to look the moment he heard Phana let out a soft sigh.

"Goodness, Ai'Pha! You've got it bad." He laughed. Phana shoved him without even turning to

look at him.

Beam looked around, quickly growing bored. It was true that Yo was cute, but he didn't want to stand around and just stare at him. Not to mention, the sun was pretty bright for it to still be pretty early in the morning. It was starting to give him a headache. He could already feel the dull ache starting right between his brows.

When he turned around, two guys walked past him with engineering pins on their ties.

Engineering? That means...

"Nong! Come here!" Forth's voice was unmistakable. Beam whipped his head toward the voice and frowned at the pain he felt from the sudden movement. He wondered how long he would be feeling the effects of his concussion.

"You alright, Beam?" Kit had turned around and saw him frowning.

"Huh? Oh, yea. I'm just starting to get a headache. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night."

At this, Phana turned around too.

"Oh shoot. Your concussion. You should go back to the dorm if you don't feel well."

"Are you kidding me? I woke up early and skipped breakfast to come here with you!"

"I forgot that you still might be dealing with some effects of the concussion."

"Gee, what a pal..." Beam said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Ai'Beam. Go inside the tent and sit down in the shade, will you? The nurse said harsh lighting and too much screen time can be irritating to you for a while."

After dropping Beam off the next morning, Forth had filled Phana and Kit in on everything the nurse had said. For the most part, Kit and Phana were pretty good at looking out for him. But leave it to Phana to forget everything as soon as Yo was involved.

"I'm alright." Beam said.

"I don't know...I think you should go sit down too. You said you didn't get enough rest but you went to bed at 9pm last night." Kit chimed in.

Beam looked at his friends. Whatever. If sitting would get him out the hot sun, then fine.

"Text me if you leave to go get food."

Kit shook his head. "Even a concussion won't stop this guy from thinking about food."

Beam walked away, his eyes immediately searching for Forth. Where did he go that fast?

Beam stood at the edge of the large tent filled with freshman Stars and Moons and peered out. He spotted Ming again. Ming was from the school of engineering, shouldn't Forth be around too, helping his freshman?

He was so busy scanning all the faces out there, he wasn't paying attention to how far he was leaning over the rope that tied the tent into the ground. Still completely unaware, he went to take a step, only to fail to lift his foot high enough and soon he was falling.

But he felt a strong hand grab his shirt and an arm wrap around his waist and roughly pull him back up. He stumbled back and turned around, only to come face to face with the one and only Forth.

Beam's heartbeat immediately went to into overdrive.

"Beam!" Forth called out, worry laced throughout his voice.

"Forth?" Beam breathed. His face was filled with shock. Where did he come from? How did he catch him so fast?

Both boys stood staring at each other's faces in silence; Forth's arms still wrapped around Beam's waist.

Everything went silent around them and Beam swore he could feel his heart beating in his ears. Forth was also completely oblivious to anyone that was around them, and people were definitely staring.

"Ayeeeeee!" A girl a short distance away squealed, causing Forth and Beam to jump and look at her. She clutched her hands together and brought them to her chest as she smiled and squealed at them.

"So cuutteee!" She cooed to her friend sitting beside her.

Forth realized she was talking about them and right after, he realized that his arms were still wrapped around Beam's waist. They both jumped away from each other at the same time, looking embarrassed.

"Um...what are you doing here?" Beam cleared his throat and asked.

"Well, I'm a Moon. I have to help my juniors."

"No I meant, here. I thought I saw you..." Beam trailed off. He couldn't let Forth know that he was looking for him. What would he say? Would he think he was weird?

Forth looked at him questioningly, waiting for him to finish.

"You just appeared here really quickly, that's all."

"Oh, I see. I came in the tent to get out the sun for a few minutes and I saw you so I wanted to check and see how you are doing since..." This time Forth trailed off. Beam would have never gotten a concussion if it wasn't for Forth slamming his elbow into his face. He started to feel guilty again. "I just wanted to see if you were doing okay. But then you started to fall." Forth finished.

"Yea, uh...thanks."

"Don't mention it."

Both boys stood there awkwardly. What now?

"Have you eaten yet?" Forth asked.

"I'm starving!" Beam blurted.

"Great, me too. Let's sneak away from here and go get something to eat."

Beam balked at him. "But I thought you have to help your juniors."

"My junior is Ming Kwan. He'll be fine." Forth shook his head. "I mean, honestly. He shows up late and with a hangover! And still gets out there and does everything perfectly."

He looked up at Beam who looked confused as to what Forth was talking about.

"Never mind." He brushed it off. "Let's just go eat."

Beam smiled. Finally, it was time for food!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 2.5K 32
COMPLETED He runs and he chases, he can't get away. The Omega slept with his nemesis Alpha and then ran away, only to find out soon after that he was...
130K 6.9K 29
Disclaimer : The main characters belong to their respected author. Summary : Arthit is lost. Kongphob tried to make everything making sense again. Th...
89K 4.2K 15
𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 Bakugou recieves notes in his desk everyday 🗒 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 11/14/20 🗒 𝘧𝘪𝘯 n/a ⌨ 𝘉𝘕𝘏𝘈; Kohei Horikoshi ⌨ 𝘖𝘊; IdyllicTomura-
620K 33.3K 41
" Will you lose your virginity for me? " ~ she asked. Kim Taehyung, a decent professor received a message from an unknown number. Will he able to r...