Choosing You (Will Turner)

By bella_parrilla

THIRD BOOK IN YOUNG LOVE SERIES After sailing the ocean to save the Governor's daughter and racing to find th... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Author's Note/One More Book

09

6K 166 41
By bella_parrilla

"It sounds like we've got company." Evelyn spoke low enough for only Leo to hear. Her boots clicked against the wooden floorboards. She stopped right in front of Leo, glancing at the open doorway then back to the man gripping the door handle.

"Do we ever get a break?" He asked, voice laced with sarcasm. He opened the cabin door wide enough for Evelyn to pass by him.

"With this crew? Never." She copied his tone, slipping through the doorway. Once she was out in the opening, Evelyn was instantly grabbed from the side and pulled up against the chest of a man. Looking in front of her, she saw one Captain Sao Feng's men reaching into her cabin room to grab Leo. "Leo!" She called out to warn him as she struggled against the her captor's grip. He locked his arms with hers, pinning down her biceps to her sides. She gave her captor a nasty look out of the corner of her eye. Instantly, she realized it was one of the Singapore crew men that had joined their crew. She looked back at Leo being held like how she was but with a gun pointed under his chin.

"What is the meaning of this?" Leo furrowed his eyebrows, arching his head back. He stared at the gun, gritting his teeth.

"Move!" The man holding Evelyn shouted to them.

Even if it was against her better judgement, she began walking in the direction he pointed her in. Moving out from the shadows and into the sunlight, they moved out to the ships deck where men crowded the entire area. Majority of them were from Singapore. In the mix of them all her crew. Each of them were being held captive by a person or two in the middle of the deck.

Confusion swirled in Evelyn's mind.  She looked around at everyone around her, eyes widening. Her eyes hopped from Tia Dalma to Mr. Gibbs and so on. Her feet momentarily came to a halt as she panted, feeling a little overwhelmed by all the bodies around her. Casting her eyes to the side of the deck, she noticed a new ship docked right beside the Pearl.

It was Captain Sao Feng's ship.

"Move!" The pirate shouted to her again, shoving her forward. Evelyn continued walking through the pirate crowd, unsure of where she was going. Casting looks side to side, she met one face and another. Instantly she was pulled back to stop, right beside Leo and Mr.Gibbs. Glancing looks in between them, she could tell no one knew what was going on either.

Throughout all of the Captain Sao Feng's men cheering and yelling, footsteps came directly in front of Evelyn causing her to turn her head and look forward. Evelyn let out a quiet swear as the man walking right up to her came to a gentle stop.

It was Captain Sao Feng himself.

"Miss. Adams...we meet again." His mouth turned up into a smirk.

"Captain Sao Feng." Evelyn glared at the man. "I'd say it's a pleasure but," she glanced down for a moment at her arms being held back at her sides, "given the circumstance, I'd say otherwise." She flicked an eyebrow up then down, raising her chin slightly. Her eyes met the captains, seeing who would break away first.

"Sao Feng..." Barbossa's voice filled her ears. Both Evelyn and the Singapore captain turned their attention to Captain Barbossa standing beside the other captain. "You showing up here, is it truly a remarkable coincidence."

Captain Sao Feng tilted his head to the side then back up, slowly walking around Barbossa. "Jack Sparrow."

Jack poked his head from behind Barbossa, giving a toothy smile but chewing on his nail.

"You paid me great insult once." Captain Sao Feng's words fell into a whisper.

"That doesn't sound like me." Jack said, standing up tall to the captain before him.

Captain Sao punch Jack in the noise causing the pirate to stumble back.

Evelyn let out small grunt, fighting against the man holding her to get to her friend's side.

"Shall we just call it square, then?" Jack asked, holding his nose after cracking it back into place.

Footsteps came from the crowd of pirates standing in front of the captive crew. Evelyn looked over. She saw Will pushing his way through the crowd and out into the opening. "Release her." He order, pointing right at Evelyn.

Evelyn's face soften at the sight of the man she loves and yet her stomach dropped realizing she was standing right before the man she loves.

All eyes turn to Will.

"She's not part of the bargain." Will had his eyes on Captain Sao Feng before glancing at Leo. "Neither is he." He added, focusing back on the captain.

Leo and Evelyn shared a look, both of confusion and some form of relief.

"And what bargain be that?" Barbossa asked Will.

Captain Sao Feng turned his head over his shoulder to his crew. "You heard Captain Turner." Some form of laughter came from within the group. "Release them."

The men holding Evelyn and Leo let go of them, taking a step back, only adding to their confusion.

"Aye, the perfidious rotter led a mutiny against us." Mr. Gibbs called out.

"I need the Pearl to free my father." Will spoke to Mr Gibbs. "That's the only reason I came on this voyage."

"Wait what?" Evelyn's voice traveled to Will. Quickly, she moved closer to him. Her eyes never left his face as she stopped right at his side. "Why didn't you tell me you were planning this?" She asked him, furrowing her eyebrows.

"It's my burden to bear, Evelyn, not yours." Will glanced down at her before moving his attention up.

Evelyn's stomach dropped even more as her eyes fell. "Of course it is..." She whispered, taking a step away from him, turning herself in the process to face the captains.

"He needs the Pearl. Captain Turner needs the Pearl." Jack pointed to Will.

"And you felt guilty and would never leave dear Evelyn alone." Jack pointed to Leo.

"And you and your Brethren Court." Jack said at last to Barbossa, mocking him.

"Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?" Jack called out to everyone.

Evelyn raised her hand halfway. "Uh I did, that's the only reason I came on this voyage." She replied to Jack.

Jack pointed at Evelyn, a grin on his face. "You will always have a spot in my heart, darling." He pressed his palm to his mouth and threw his arm across the sky, blowing a kiss to her.

Marty, Pintel, Ragetti, Mr. Cotton, and Jack the monkey all raised their hands.

Jack pointed to the. "I'm standing with them."

The pirate began walking over to the small group of pirates when Captain Sao Feng grabbed Jack by his hair, pulling him back. "I'm sorry, Jack, but there is an old friend who wants to see you first." He said to him.

Evelyn turned her head to glare at Will, feeling so betrayed that he couldn't trust her enough to tell her these things. She didn't even so much as moved as he turned his head to look at her. Even by looking in his eyes she could tell there was so much he wanted to say to her. But Evelyn shook her head and looked away from him.

"I'm not certain I can survive any more visits from old friends." Jack said to Captain Sao Feng.

The captain wrapped his arm around Jack, roughly pulling him across the deck causing people standing in their way to step back. "Here is your chance to find out."

Eyes were cast to where Jack and Captain Sao Feng looked.

Out on the oceans surface rested another ship out in the distance. This ship was none other than the East India Trading Company.

"It's Beckett." Evelyn breathed out, ignoring the look she was getting from Will.

~

Soldiers were placed along the edges of the Black Pearl, standing in perfect posture to keep anyone from leaving the ship.

Evelyn crossed her arms over her chest, glaring up at some of the men before looking back down at Leo. They stood in the middle of the deck unsure of what to do or if there was anything the could do.

A breeze passed behind Evelyn causing her to look behind at Will standing right behind her and Leo. The two turned their shoulders and then their bodies to face Will.

"Come with me." Will breathed to them. He began walking over to where Captain Sao and Mr. Mercer stood. Leo and Evelyn exchanged a quick glance before following after him.

Evelyn moved her eyes past Will at Captain Sao Feng and the man he was talking too Chills ran down Evelyn's spin as she realized it was Mr. Mercer. There was an evil presence about him that made her blood run cold. She could never figure out why but every time she saw him it felt like a  cold darkness was wrapping around her.

"My men are crew enough." Captain Sao Feng said to Mr. Mercer.

"Company ship, company crew." Mr. Mercer said keeping his hard eyes on the pirate until Will came up beside them.

"You agreed. The Black Pearl was to be mine." Will spoke directly to the Singapore captain.

"And so it was." Captain Sao Feng said coolly. His eyes cast beside Will to his men where he gave them a short nod. They pulled Will back and punched his gut, pulling him away from the captain.

"Will!" Evelyn exclaimed before she was grabbed as well, being pulled back by two men.

"Don't touch her!" Will snapped at the two men, fighting against his own restraints to get to her.

Leo went to make a move to Evelyn but was grabbed back as well.

The pirates placed the three of them in a line, pulling out cuffs that were attached to heavy chains. Neither person fought or moved while their hands were locked together.

"Beckett agreed the Black Pearl was to be mine." Captain Sao Feng hissed to Mr. Mercer.

"He's not going to give up the only ship as can outrun the Dutchman, is he?" Mr. Mercer spat back at the pirate.

Mr. Mercer walked away from the Captain as Barbossa walked out from the beside the crew. "Shame they're not bound to honor the code of the Brethren, isn't it?" He said to Captain Sao Feng. "Because honor is a hard thing to come by nowadays."

Irritation welled up on the captain's face. "There is no honor to remaining with the losing side. Leaving it for the winning side, that's just good business."

"The losing side, you say?" Barbossa questioned, widening his eyes slightly.

"They have the Dutchman. Now the Pearl! And what do the Brethren have?" Captain Sao didn't tear his eyes from Barbossa.

"We have Calypso."

At the sound of the name, Captain Sao Feng slowly moved his eyes to Evelyn who uncomfortably took a step closer to Will when she realized she was being stared at. "Calypso?" He laughed as Barbossa slowly glanced back at Evelyn. "An old legend." He added humorously.

Barbossa shook his head. "No. The goddess herself, bound in human form. Imagine all the power of the seas brought to bear against our enemy. I intend to release her. But for that I need the Brethren Court." He reached out to touch one of Captain Sao Feng's many necklaces. "All the courts." He added.

"What are you proposing, captain?" The Singapore captain stared off at the people before him, holding his red scarf up to his nose to breath in.

"What be accepting, cap'n?" Barbossa asked going up behind him.

"The girl." He breathed out, eyes focused on Evelyn.

"What?" Evelyn choked out, staring at the captain with wide eyes.

"Evelyn is not part of any bargain." Will spat out towards the man.

"Out of the question." Barbossa said, nodding his head rapidly.

"It was not a question." Captain Sao Feng replied calmly.

Evelyn stared at the captain. Thoughts swirled in her head, wondering what the captain wanted her for. None of it made sense to her. But the longer she stared at the captain's dark eyes, the more she thought. "Maybe this is the way I can help the crew but if I do this I'm not going alone." She thought to herself. Evelyn glanced at Will. She knew she would have to wait until another time to talk him. More than anything, she wanted to reach out and hold his face, telling him things will be okay but given the situation they were in, it didn't seem like the right time.

Moving her gaze back to Captain Sao Feng, she let out a shaky breath. "Done."

"What? Not done." Will looked right at her, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You got us into this, if it frees us then done." Evelyn said, looking right up at him then to Captain Sao Feng.

Will moved out in front of Evelyn, looking right at her with all levels of seriousness. "Evelyn, they are pirates." He said as if she didn't know what she was dealing with.

"I have had more that enough experience with pirates! You'd be quite surprise." She added, levels of sarcasm rising. She glanced down at her feet then back up at him, her face a lot softer. "I'll be okay. Maybe you can try to trust me with this." She bit her bottom lip at her petty remark but moved her attention to the captain.

Flashes of pain flickered in Will's eyes as he took a step back from her.

"Then we have an accord?" Barbossa questioned.

"One thing, he comes with me." She motions her head to Leo causing him to jump, taken back by her acknowledging him. "I go, he goes. End of discussion."

Leo looked down at her, not sure what to say or if he was able to say anything.  So, out of pure awkwardness, he said "uh yeah, what she said. She goes, I go." He gave the captains a firm nod.

The corner of Evelyn's mouth and eyebrow turned up. "Do we have an accord?"

Captain Sao Feng said nothing as a smile curled up on to his face.

I love Leo so much and since his face claim is Ben Barnes, I seriously hear Ben saying Leo's lines perfectly when I write them. It makes me so happy!

I hope everyone is doing good! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 301 21
You are a governor's daughter in the Caribbean who has always longed for a life of adventure, freedom and the sea. But instead, you live in a golde...
234K 8K 37
She was the Sun. He was the Moon. Together they balanced out each other. Catherine Bailey is the cousin of Elizabeth Swann and best friends to Wil...
33.1K 915 10
Annette Lavesseur, daughter of legendary French pirate, Olivier Levasseur, accidentally joins Captain Jack Sparrow and William Turner on their quest...
71.9K 2.3K 39
THE FOURTH AND FINAL BOOK IN THE YOUNG LOVE SERIES Nine years have passed since Bootstrap Bill Turner had come to visit Will, Evelyn, and the Turner...