Underdogs

By xRedxMoonx

In a world where Titans roam every corner, not all dangers wait outside the Walls. Galene Magnolia, a crimina... More

[0]
[1]
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-THREE
[special]
[2]
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
[3]
A/N: Important
FIFTY

THIRTY-TWO

3.5K 185 118
By xRedxMoonx

Whether you have the body, dead is dead.❞ ㅡ Levi Ackerman

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter thirty-two:

SPECIAL

Morning came with the usual, fresh breeze rising from the horizon and the distant chirping of birds floating through the slightly-open window. Like the calm after the storm, there was peace within his heart for the first time in a very long time; he felt at ease, comfortable and untroubled. It was a nice change, yet one he wasn't sure he could hold in his hands ㅡ not for long, at least.

His eyes fluttered open before landing on the woman lying naked next to him. Levi took a moment to admire the unusual expression drawn on her features, caught by the feeling of contentment that radiated from her. It was almost unsettling, how different she looked ㅡ younger, more alive; without the heavy weight of the world on her shoulders.

His lips twitched as his grey gaze found something that hadn't been there the day before. It was subtle, but it was there: dark spots drawn on her neck ㅡ the reminder of a night as wild as exhilarating.

"Staring is creepy, Levi." He clicked his tongue and rolled on his back, ignoring the way her eyes followed his every move. With a sigh, Galene ran a hand down her face and surprised him by laying a finger upon his chest. "You look like you've gotten into a fight with a damn bear."

Levi tilted his head to give her an annoyed look, yet his body seemed to relax under her cold touch as she traced the purple marks drawn on his skin ㅡ her signature.

"You're one to talk," he retorted in a gruff voice.

She shrugged, and her hand retreated to cover her mouth as a loud yawn broke free. "I'm not sore enough to avoid joining the rest today," she commented as her lips twitched into a smirk. "It was a fun fight, though; lasted longer than I expected."

His eyes met her amused ones briefly, appreciating the way they glinted in familiar mischief, before they closed. It was weird; he was taken aback by her relaxed, almost accepting behaviour.

"Are you going to stay here all morning?" 

"Until Erwin comes looking for me," she replied. "I can't believe he's already planned another expedition. Give me a fucking break."

It really felt bizarre; having a casual conversation under his bedsheets, as if they were meant to be like that; enjoying one another's company, settled in a comfortable atmosphere. Closing his eyes, Levi leaned into the pillow and relished in that unexpected, yet calm sensation rolling down his veins. After some seconds, he heard the rustling of sheets and felt her warmth whispering to his skin.

"Levi." Her eyes gleamed as an expression as unfamiliar as dazzling took shape on her pale features, causing his breath to catch without his consent. "I never thanked you for what you did in the underground."

Against his own judgement, the man gave a shrug and asked, "Did you expect me to leave you behind?"

"Honestly? No," she admitted while rolling on her back. "But I wasn't talking about that. Everything was so fucked up, you know? Even now, you don't get a second to plan for the shit that keeps coming at you, butㅡ"

Levi clicked his tongue, stopping her from rambling. "Stop that before you hurt yourself. This isn't like you, Galene."

Her lips crooked into a smirk as she sat up and stood. "You're a jerk. By the way, are you even going to be able to join us today?"

Arching an eyebrow, Levi glanced down at his ankle before averting his eyes to her again. "It's nothing I haven't dealt with before."

Galene hummed in understanding. "I suppose that's good," she drawled with a yawn. "Means you'll have another chance at getting eaten alive by naked monsters."

His gaze found her devilish expression, and he huffed in disbelief. "The only naked monster I see around is you."

"Does that mean I get to eat you alive?"

And suddenly, amusement faded into something thicker, stronger. 

Levi stared at her, finally taking in the sight of her sprawled next to him ㅡ tangled in his bed sheets, bare for him to feel and claim ㅡ and forgot about the wariness that had been eating at his stomach. Because she was so cunning, so alluring; and with the remains of her teasing in his tongue, he was a junkie in need of more of the drug she was.

She made him forget; she made him feel ㅡ it was so unfair. He should have denied her approach, kicked her out when he had the chance. Instead, he let her lean into him and welcomed her kiss with a slight smirk.

Levi wasn't allowed to join the Survey Corps that day; no matter his attempts to argue with Erwin, the man remained impassive and strict. His injured ankle would only become a nuisance in the battlefield, and the Scouting Legion couldn't afford losing one of their best soldiers ㅡ if not the strongest. At least, that was what he was told.

"Damn you, Galene."

She was the reason he was carrying an injury in the first place; her anger had taken the better of her, and her hits had hold more power than he had anticipated. His body was covered in bruises ㅡ some from the fight, some from the battle later that night.

As his eyes wandered to where she stood, about to hop on her horse, they narrowed. He had trouble comprehending how her skin was lacking any sign of their encounters; his actions had been rough and demanding, driven by an intense desire to leave marks all along her body. And yet, only her neck seemed to be glowing; as if by choice. Her gaze found his as pride made itself known within his heart, and he clicked his tongue at the sight of her approaching.

"Shame you're stuck here," she started as her eyes locked on his annoyed features from above. "Should've been more careful, eh?"

Of course she would take the opportunity to laugh at him. It was the woman with whom he had shared bed that very same morning; her eyes glinted in mischief, her lips were pursed into a smirk, and her voice held a mocking tone. And he surprised himself by realizing how comfortable he had felt under her accepting touch; how much he had enjoyed witnessing that unfamiliar, softer side of her.

Pushing the unexpected feeling of nostalgia away, Levi crossed his arms over his chest and glanced up at her. "Get out of my sight before I make you join me here."

It was a threat, but Galene twisted it to her own enjoyment ㅡ as always. "Did you enjoy my company that much last night you want me to stay?"

"As much as you did mine."

She hummed in thought, before a wink was shot his way. "No need to act so cool, Levi. Admit it was so fucking good you want another round."

Meeting her glimmering gaze, Levi was tempted to deny her words ㅡ if only to see her reaction. But what was the point, really? She would see through him; she always did. And he was done pushing her away, especially after what had been revealed during their passionate encounter. Never mind her casual attitude; he knew she felt the same.

"Just don't die, Galene."

At the familiar order, the sketch of a smile slowly formed on her lips. And she kept her stare on him for some seconds before spurring her horse to trot away. "Don't miss me too much, Levi."

Then, a full smile stretched and shone under the soft caress of the sun. She directed it at him, and his breath hitched at the sight ㅡ there it was again, that candid side of her surfacing from the depths of her heart. It made him feel lighter somehow... yet worried, for an unknown reason.

As the corps left the city, Levi watched them go with pensive eyes. He shook his head and breathed out, knowing he was overreacting. His friends were strong and stubborn; they would be safe without him. 

With that thought in mind, he turned away and retired to his room.

He waited there, lying on a made bed and missing the warmth of rustled sheets and heavy sighs. Hours ticked by; boredom was his only company as he was left alone with his thoughts and feelings. There was so much he mulled over, so much he realized about himself, and Levi was ready to open up to the world ㅡ to her.

So when the expected knock echoed within the room, he stood and walked over. His fingers twitched in anticipation, longing to meet her skin again. But Galene wasn't there to greet him when he opened the door.

"Erwin, what do you want?" he asked straightforward, irritated by his sudden appearance.

There wasn't much Erwin talked about, even less words that Levi would remember over time. Yet something struck him, like an arrow splitting his heart in two. 

"She is dead."

He was left alone to deal with his raging tempest; alone with her jacket ㅡ the only thing that had survived. His fingers traced the outline of the symbol of the Scouting Legion, those wings that spoke of the freedom they all yearned to reclaim. 

Don't miss me too much.

They never left; not the remembrances of her, not the unspoken confessions that fell between their eyes that last night between heavy sighs and tangled bodies. Her words would keep echoing inside his head for long years, never letting him forget about the only woman that made him feel full ㅡ special.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 155 43
In the fractured world behind the towering walls, where titans roam and humanity fights for survival, a story of broken souls and secretive pasts unf...
359K 11.5K 30
Alexandria Williams' life is complicated, and it gets flipped totally upside down when her parent's are executed for their crimes. After growing old...
1.1K 52 8
After invading Marley, Eren refuses to talk until he gets what he wants: Karma. Will she obtain the valuable information the Scouts are after? Or wil...
430K 12.5K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...