Wings [Levi Daughter]

By Y_Allen

Levi made a lot of mistakes in his life, and he regretted nothing... but for one. Iris Reed wasn't a normal... More

Prologue
PART I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
PART II
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
PART III
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenth-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
PART IV
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
NOTE!
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
PART V
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Thank you
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL [PART ONE]
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL [PART TWO]
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL [PART THREE]
NEW STORY: THE NOT SO DISASTROUS LIFE OF ASADA C!
ANNOUNCEMENT
MARVEL FANFIC
A Fragment of Time
A Fragment of Time [Part II]
A Fragment of Time [Part III]
A Fragment of Time: Goodbye
Iris Reed: Character Design
~ An Attack on Titan OVA: The Torturous Curse of Adolescence
Itterasshai
So Ist Es Immer

Chapter Fifty-Six

2.8K 113 71
By Y_Allen

One Year Later

The sound of metal clashing with metal was heard in the valley. Working under the hot sun, the small squad of Scouts hammered the nails of the planks to the ground, creating the railroad that has been in construction since the harbor was finished. Iris stopped with her hammering and took a breath; she rested the hammer's head on the ground and leaned on it for support.

"Is this really what our job is now?" Connie asked as he carried a plank of wood on his shoulder.

"Last I check, this isn't in part of our job description." Iris groaned.

"No, we don't have to do it." Jean said.

"If that idiot go about saying something weird, such as, this helping training our bodies and the island's development.." Eren said.

"Currently, we can only sit and wait for Hizuru's reply." Jean said.

"Is there any chance of that even happening?" Connie asked. "What was it... something about the Eldian's human rights, or selling resources?"

"The most important this is that we talk to the world through Hizuru." Leon said. "And if we improve relations and become a country for ourselves, then we won't even have to rely on the Rumbling plan."

"With that," Jean continued. "Historia and Iris wouldn't have to suffer through such terrible circumstances. We can only grasp straws right now..."

"Right." Connie said.

Iris frowned at the mention of their current state. After the meeting with Hizuru last year, there was a talk about Iris' duty of having a successor for her Titan, though Historia was also essential, she was on a time limit given that she only has a few years left to help the child grow in understanding the its responsibility, and for it be ready – physically – to take the Titan. There were even noblemen who presented their sons to father the child, but with the help of the Yelena, Ambassador Azumabito, and Masrur, such plan was put to hold until the Island receives word from Hizuru. But, as they waited, time was ticking, and as of the moment, Iris only has about nine years left.

"Hey!"

The sound of horses running and Hange's voice caught their attention, turning, they saw their Commander and Captain riding towards them. Once they reached the train that took them and the supplies to their current location, Hange and Levi dismounted from their horses and approached the squad.

"Commander! Captain!" Jean and the others greeted them.

"Hello, I see you're all working... it's hot today, thanks for the effort." Hange said.

"No... we had no choice as this idiot's escort." Jean said.

"You guys only grew in size, it seems." Levi told them as he noticed the height increase of his soldiers.

Levi approached Iris, he handed her a flask of water and took the hammer from her hands. As she drank every last drop, Levi took note on how she grew as well, she was quite taller than him now, probably by a few inches (he wouldn't admit it, but he was now standing at the height of his daughter's eyes).

She got it from her mother... He thought (not that he was annoyed by it).

But it wasn't his daughter's height that had him frowning, but the respond they got from the Azumabitos.

"It is an urgent requirement?" Eren said.

"Just now, we received a reply from the Azumabitos." Hange said.

"So?"

"Seeing how it is, they probably couldn't aid us." Hange replied. "As expected, Hizuru want a monopoly of Paradis Island's resources. And won't allow the trading of the with other countries. It seems they do wish for our human rights, but they are putting on a weird face, as if they don't want to help anyone... not only that, but the world seems to hope that Paradis will be a center for disaster so that other countries can remain stable."

Iris felt a sudden drop at her stomach, and everything just turned cold. If that was the case, then it would not be a surprise if she would be forced by the government to have children immediately.

"Then... we have no choice but to trust in using the Rumbling..." Eren said. "Is there no way to not sacrifice Iris and Historia?"

"Yes..." Levi said. "Hizuru was intended for the Rumbling, and also uncluded increasing our forces as part of the treaty..."

"No way..." Armin said. "Is the world forcing the evils of one-hundred years ago onto us? They don't know our intent, and concluded that we are devils on behalf of us... why is everyone so against the peaceful path?"

"That's probably because they don't know. They're scared as they don't know what kind of people we are." Mikasa said.

"That's right." Hange said. "Nothing will change even if we went along with the plan Azumabito has sent us. The world cannot trust people whose faces have bot even seen. So... let's go and meet them. If there is something we don't know, we can go there to understand... isn't that the Survey Corps' way?"

"To infiltrate Marley and stand in their position..." Levi said. "You were thinking of that, Hange."

"Let's do it." Iris spoke.

Eyes turned to her.

"Iris, it's not as simple as it looks." Levi said.

"Right now, I'll do anything to turn our situation around." She looked at her father, desperately. "Call me selfish, but I just can't do what they're asking me to do... and Historia... we can't make her do that... If we can get to Marley, it would be a good opportunity for us to get more supporters, and from Marley, we can' go further – the Azumabitos won't be our only allies..."

Hange nodded, smiling. She went to Iris' side and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I understand that what you're doing is to ensure your freedom and Historia's, but Iris." Hange's smile then disappeared. "If things will go wrong, it is apparent that you and Historia have your successors. I'm sorry."

Iris forced a smile, which Levi noticed.

"What happened to the crazy and optimistic woman I knew when I was a kid, did becoming Commander turn you to frown-face over there?" Iris joked as she pointed to her father when she said 'frown-face'.

Seeing that it was the girl's coping method, Hange smiled and brought Iris to a side hug, she didn't mind that the girl was all sweaty.

"Well then, let's all return to our real jobs." Hange said, smiling.

~*~

After finishing their work for the day, the Levi Squad rode the train back to the Wall. While Armin operated it, the rest sat in the cart, resting from their hard day's work. Talking about their trip abroad.

"The first thing to see would be the Marley cuisine." Sasha said.

"No." Connie said.

"There's a reason to why we're investigating the circumstances of the world." Eren said. "Well, it'd end in asking for help from either the volunteers or Miss Kiyomi."

"Hmm... well what should I bring?" Connie mused. "It wouldn't be good to have an upset stomach."

"Gastritis medicine, toothbrush, and anything to remind us of home." Sasha said.

"Were you even listening?" Mikasa told them.

"Nikolo said that there are many people with wine." Jean said.

"We're not going there to get drunk, horse-face." Iris said.

"Thankfully the Eldian language is also a common language, so there are a lot of countries we can communicate with. We'd have to be careful with our accept or phrasing though." Armin said. "If the world knew we wished for peace, then just as Hange said... something might change..."

Silence came to everyone in the cart.

"If only we had more time." Eren said. "Zeke only has two years left... I have about five years left... I need to decide soon who will inherit my Titan."

There was, once again, a tensed silence amongst them.

"I will inherit it." Mikasa said.

"You can't." Iris said.

"Have you forgotten that you're an Ackerman?" Jean said. "You saw what the Ackerman blood did to Iris' Founding Titan – it rejected its abilities but for the King's memories and as well as her ability to transform into a Titan, pretty useless if you ask me."

"Thanks." Iris sarcastically said, glaring at Jean.

"I'm just saying, Mikasa doesn't even have Reiss blood, she has Asian blood, so there is a question of if she can even inherit the Titan power... we can't have someone closely affiliated with Hizuru becoming a Titan. There are also many other reasons why you can't become one, Mikasa."

"Jean's right." Eren said.

"Then who else?" Mikasa asked.

"Me." Jean said. "To put it simply, my head is much better than Eren's. I won't go crazy and try to kill myself or anything of the sort, and I'll exhibit excellent judgement while carrying out a mission. That's who I am." He saw Eren's gaze at him. "I don't like inheriting it from you, but si there any other genius than me?"

"We can't have someone great like that die then, idiot." Connie spoke. "You should become the leader of a ministry or something. The one to inherit Eren's Titan will be –"

"Me." Leon spoke.

Iris turned to the red head, full of shock.

Leon shrugged when he saw their gaze.

"Who else better than me? I mean, I'm smart, but not as smart as Armin – and I'm a good fighter – I can easily finish a mission –"

"Problem is, you're half-blind." Connie said as he placed a hand on his own right eye to imitate Leon's eyepatch. "So, we can't have a half-blind Titan running around, the next thing we need is for you to crash into a building or worse, get attacked by the enemy at your blind-spot... so, it's got to be me." he then turned to Eren. "That'll be great, right?"

"Connie..." Eren said.

"It's better than Jean, right? Me?" Connie said.

But they all saw the unsureness in his eyes.

"I don't' like it." Sasha said. "You're a fool."

"What?" Connie said.

"Not 'what?' how can we leave something so important to an idiot?" Sasha said.

Iris and Leon's brows shot up in shock. That was the last thing the ever thought of hearing from Sasha's mouth.

"What?" Connie asked, confused.

"You drive me crazy..." Sasha said. "I'll inherit it... among us, I can be trusted, and I have practical experience. I'm the only one left after the process of elimination anyway."

"You all..." Eren said.

"You don't want to do it? You're saying you don't want to?" Sasha said.

"No... it's just weird." Connie said.

"Yes?"

"No... we're you the one who said that we can't leave it to an idiot?"

"Hmm?"

"You're even more stupid than I am... so you're contradicting yourself? Can't you see that?"

"Yes?"

Iris and Leon were snickering in their place, both had their fists hiding their mouths, as they watched Sasha and Connie.

"I have no intention of leaving it to you guys." Eren said.

"Why so?" Jean asked.

"You guys are all precious to me... more than anyone else... that's why, I'd like you all to live long lives."

Silence came to the cart, all processing what they heard from Eren. Iris smiled at Eren's words. She turned to Eren, about to say something, but then she saw his face.

"WHAT?!" Jean said. "Why're you suddenly becoming red?! You bastard, what're you going to do about this atmosphere?!"

"Jean," Armin began. "It's because of the evening glow, everyone's red now."

"Yeah, even you, horse-face." Iris said, smiling.

"Yeah, if it's like that, we can't do anything about it..." Jean muttered as he hid his face under his hat. "Eren will take care of us..."

"I'm not going to do it." Iris spoke.

"Huh?" Leon said.

"I'm not going to have children." Iris said, smiling. "I'm going to be the first and last Reiss-Ackerman Titan... to hell with everyone."

"But, what about the council?!" Leon said.

"Who cares." Iris rested her elbows on the edge of the cart and leaned back, she looked up at the sky and sighed.

"But Iris, that means humanity's history will be gone." Eren said.

"No, it won't. As long as we have idiots like them –" She pointed at Jean, Sasha, Leon, Mikasa, and Connie. " – alive and reproducing, then our history won't be gone." A deep blush came to Leon. "Besides, you forget, I locked up humanity's history in the cave under Reed estate, which Dad has a key to open – and so does Mikasa and Miss Margaret..."

"You've really decided?" Armin said.

Iris nodded.

"The only reason why I even became a Titan was because my mother was trying to save me from dying... she did it because she thought it was the best way to save me... even if it meant giving me thirteen years left to live... just promise me something..."

"Sure, what is it?" Leon asked.

"When I die, make sure to look after Dad." Iris said, smiling, tears forming at her eyes, but she tried to hide it. "He might act all tough and mean and cold, but he's still human... he will be devastated, just like when we lost Mom... and he won't admit it, but you're like our family too."

"We will." Leon said, taking Iris' hand. "I'll even have the Captain move in at the farm, I know that he enjoyed our stay there."

"We'll do our best." Sasha said. "What kind of food does the Captain eat? Does he like meat? Does he need a rocking chair?"

"He's not that old." Connie said. "I'm pretty sure the Captain is far from using a rocking chair."

"Dad likes tea." Iris spoke. "When I was a kid, he beat a man on an arm-wresting challenge for a box of tea leaves from the surface... he even planned on opening a tea shop." She chuckled when she remembered watching her father making tea and drinking it in an odd manner of holding his cup. "And also, he rarely sleeps, so if he does, try not to disturb him. And I'm sure you saw how he is in cleaning, I know it's annoying that he has you clean over and over if it doesn't pass his standards, but that's just how he is, when we lived at the Underground, everything was dirty. The reason for that is because he wanted to live in a place where it's clean – we all did. And his shitty attitude... I can't even think of any reason for that."

Iris suddenly felt Jean's hand on her shoulder.

"We'll take care of the Captain, don't worry about it." Jean said.

"Yeah." Connie said. "You don't have to cry, you know."

"I was... crying?" Iris said, she traced her fingers to her cheek and felt tears rolling down her face. "I'm sorry, I guess I just got carried away."

"It's alright." Sasha said. "Don't worry, we won't leave the Captain behind. We'll try to make good tea for him."

"Yeah, we'll always be by his side until he kicks our butts just so he could have some personal space." Leon joked.

"You know, ever since you and the Captain Papa made up, you changed from a coldhearted bitch to a human being." Jean said.

"Shut up!" Iris said, and stepped on his foot.

"Hey, it's a compliment!" Jean winced and tried to nurse his throbbing foot.

"But Jean's right." Connie said. "You were a sadistic bitch when we were at the Cadets, but now you actually care about a person's feelings."

"Shut up!"

"But the Captain didn't." Jean muttered. "He's still the same guy we met at the very beginning."

Iris shook her head.

"He's changed – a lot actually." She said. "Thank you..." Iris said, wiping her tears, and smiling.

~*~

One Year Later

Standing before the memorial stone of Maria under the moon lit night, Levi stared at the carved name of his deceased lover for a long moment before he finally placed down his weapons and squatted down to be close to the stone. He placed his hand on the stone's surface, brushing over the carved name, getting rid of the sand that got in the spaces.

"I promise, I'll protect our daughter."

He bent down further and placed his forehead on his hand that was on the stone. He closed his eyes and listened to the waves reaching the shore and the wind blowing. The calmness of the environment gave him the calm that Maria would give him before.

"I love you." He said in a whisper.

When he got up, Levi took his weapons from the sand and went to Iris, who stood with their horses not far from where Maria's memorial was. He went to his daughter took his horse from her hold.

"Let's go." Iris said.

"Wait." Levi grabbed Iris and brought her to an embrace. He buried his face on her shoulder and held tight to her uniform. "Remember what Masrur taught you, it will help you in this type of battle... and always remember what your mother and I would always tell you... fight to live."

Iris nodded, her embrace on her father tightened.

"I will." Iris said.

Levi pulled Iris down to his height (and a bit more) and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." Levi said.

"I love you." Iris said, smiling.

Once she was released, Iris and Levi got on their horses.

"I doubt that they'll be waiting for us." Levi said. "Let's go, Squad Leader Reed."

"Yes, Captain."

Commanding their horses towards the harbor, the father and daughter rode away from the peaceful memorial of Maria to the blimp that would bring them to war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 55.9K 25
(Y/N) (L/N) is the head doctor for the scouts, and she is also Erwin's only daughter. Though she wanted to be a scout, her father has never let her g...
200K 8K 55
"I feel like I've known you. I need to know who you once were to me." As an only daughter, Celine Austerlitz was given everything she could ever want...
6K 269 46
the daughter of a dying bloodline and humanity's strongest soldier find themselves entangled in a web of emotions they never expected to feel. but as...
33.8K 945 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...