Fearless: Daryl Dixon Love St...

By AlyssaGomez1515

" This isn't the beginning. It's the end to all things." When the dead risen to eat the living, Kayla Grimes... More

Kayla Grimes
Fearless Epigraph
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: Tell It To The Frogs
Chapter Three: Vatos
Chapter Four: Wildfire
Chapter Five: TS-19
Chapter Six: What Lies Ahead
Chapter Seven: Bloodletting
Chapter Eight: Save The Last One
Chapter Nine: Cherokee Rose
Chapter Ten: Chupacabra
Chapter Eleven: Secrets
Chapter Twelve: Pretty Much Dead Already
Chapter Thirteen: Nebraska
Chapter Fourteen: Triggerfinger
Chapter Fifteen: Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter Sixteen: I'm Not A Stranger
Chapter Seventeen: Better Angel's
Chapter Eighteen: Besides The Dying Fire
Chapter Twenty: Sick
Chapter Twenty One: Killer Within'
Chapter Twenty Two: Say The Word
Chapter Twenty Three: Hounded
Chapter Twenty Four: When The Dead Comes Knocking
Chapter Twenty Five: Made To Suffer
Chapter Twenty Six: Suicide King
Chapter Twenty Seven: Home
Chapter Twenty Eight: I Ain't A Judas
Chapter Twenty Nine: Clear
Chapter Thirty: Arrows On The Doorpost
Chapter Thirty One: This Sorrowful Life
Chapter Thirty Two: Welcome To The Tomb
Chapter Thirty Three: 30 Days Without An Accident
Chapter Thirty Four: Infected
Chapter Thirty Five: Isolation
Chapter Thirty Six: Interment
Chapter Thirty Seven: Too Far Gone
Chapter Thirty Eight: After
Chapter Thirty Nine: We're Alive.
Chapter Forty: Claimed
Chapter Forty One: The Grove
Chapter Forty Two: A
Chapter Forty Three: No Sanctuary
Chapter Forty Four: Strangers
Chapter Forty Five: Four Walls And A Roof
Chapter Forty Six: Grady Memorial
Chapter Forty Seven: Coda
Chapter Forty Eight: What Happened And What's Going On
Chapter Forty Nine: Them
Chapter Fifty: Distance
Chapter Fifty One: Remember
Chapter Fifty Two: Forget
Chapter Fifty Three: Spend
Chapter Fifty Four: Try
Chapter Fifty Five: Conquer
Chapter Fifty Six: First Time Again
Chapter Fifty Seven: JSS
Chapter Fifty Eight: Thank You
Chapter Fifty Nine: Now
Chapter Sixty: Heads Up
Chapter Sixty One: Start to Finish
Chapter Sixty Two: No Way Out
Chapter Sixty Three: The Next World
Chapter Sixty Four: Knots Tied
Chapter Sixty Five: Not Tomorrow yet
Chapter Sixty Six: Twice As Far
Chapter Sixty Seven: East
Chapter Sixty Eight: Last Day On Earth
Chapter Sixty Nine: The Day Will Come When You Won't be
Chapter Seventy: Service
Chapter Seventy One: Hilltop Community
Chapter Seventy Two: Go Getters
Chapter Seventy Three: Hearts Still Beating

Chapter Nineteen: Seed

7.8K 132 61
By AlyssaGomez1515

┏━━━━━━Kayla's Pov━━━━━━┓

It's been over eight months since the farm. Both cruel and painful eight months. Lori has been getting bigger and bigger every month. I swore every time I look at her, she looked smaller the day before. It was hard for her the most. Pregnant and running didn't seem like a day in the park. Even more when your son and husband had deep anger at you. I could tell Dad still loved her, but it's just so far away.

From what I could make out, the world ended in September and we had abandoned the farm in November. With the eight longing months, we were now in August back to the heat and it was clear Lori was going to have a summer baby. For me, I knew if it really was August, I was twenty six now. Almost a year into this world and I was still alive.

We stood in front of a house, ready to storm inside. It was Dad, T-dog, Daryl, Carl, and I outside. Dad made the single to go in, and we stormed in. Dad got the first walker while T-Dog got the next one. I stood there, keeping guard till Daryl came back. Daryl and I then went upstairs and saw an owl. I grabbed my bow and arrow out first, but Daryl got it. Over the eight months, we kept track of who killed more. I started to leave, but he grabbed my arm.

" Hey, let me get your lips first." He said, leaning down and kissing my lips.

I smiled, pulling him towards me." Don't worry, you'll get more soon." I devilish teased before winking and went downstairs to see Lori and Beth come in.

I went into the kitchen to see Carl come out with dog food. I didn't stop him because it was the best we had in three months. We haven't eaten anything really good for three months: just water and occasional fruits and veggies. Anything a bit better always went to Lori, and we didn't complain.

She needed it more since having a baby in her was risky enough. Dad saw Carl with the food and threw it in the fireplace, causing Daryl and I to jump. I looked down at the owl in Daryl's hand, knowing it could be the next food we could all eat. It was big enough, and I smiled, learning some good food could land in us.

" Psst," T-dog said, indicating walkers were coming.

I grabbed my stuff and ran outside quickly, seeing a walker tried to get Lori, but I stabbed it. She smiled, and we ran hand and hand to Dad's car. Carol helped her in the car, and I ran to Daryl's bike. He turned it on, and we were now on the dirt path again for the eighth time. As we were on the road, I hugged Daryl tight. He looked in the rearview mirror and smiled. I smiled back and rested my head on his back.

" Go to sleep. You haven't in a while." Daryl argued.

It was true. I haven't slept generally since the fall of the farm. It was either we were on the road so long at night, or we were fighting walkers. Even at times, we got to have peace at night, I never slept. I would just watch Daryl sleep or just keep watch. Even when others kept watch, I was still awake. Watching the sunrise and set each and every day. I shook my head no, and he let out a deep breath. He's been worried about me for three months when he found out I didn't sleep.

He tried to even stay up with me, but failed sometimes and fell asleep. Dad was worried about me, not sleeping. He even tried to stay up too. I told him to get rest because he started to grown white hair and under-eye bags. We made it to a dirt road when we all stopped. Beth and Carl were on watch while the others talked. I walked to Mom and smiled.

" Thank you for killing that walker for me." Mom said, rubbing her swollen stomach.

I nodded and smiled." I want to protect you and the baby, even Carl, and Dad." I said before looking down at her swollen stomach." What do you think it is ?" I asked.

" A boy. I think it's a boy." Mom said proudly.

I smiled." I think it's a boy too."

" You promise me you will teach her or him when they're old enough to know?" She asked and I smiled excited if it was a boy to teach it like I taught Carl.

I nodded," Swear. Did you come up with baby names ?"

" No, I came up with one for a boy." She said, admitted laughing a bit.

" Let me hear it ."

" Jake." Mom said with her eyes bright." Jake Grimes. It just...always stuck."

" I love it. It's a perfect name."

" Hey, while the others wash their panties. Let's go hunt." Daryl announced, pulling back on his crossbow." That owl didn't exactly hit the spot."

" Can I come?" I asked, turning around to see Dad and Daryl look to me.

" How else are we gonna catch food ?" Daryl teased while I laughed and walked over to them.

The woods were not beautiful anymore to me. After the farm, everything changed in my life. I notice the darkness in the woods and in this world. I was worried about the baby and Lori. We all guessed Lori was eight months, but we knew so little. She could give birth any minute, and I didn't want my little sibling out here.

" Kayla." Daryl laughed, and I turned, seeing he plucked a Violet from the ground. I smiled, watching him walk over to me and place it in my hair." Beautiful flower for my beautiful girl."

" Thanks," I said and smiled, continuing to walk.

I walked behind Daryl keeping my head low and following when Daryl came to a stop nearly causing me to collide into him. He stared into the distance and I turned seeing a prison with many of it's inmates crawling around as walkers.

" That's a shame," Daryl muttered.

Dad chuckled and I glanced over to him seeing the wonder in his eyes. he was coming up with ideas and I took a glimpse at the prison trying to think of what he was seeing.

" Let's get the group," Dad ordered, already sprinting back.

Daryl and I looked to each other before following. We all gathered on the outside of the prison fences watching Dad cut into the barbed fenced. Knowing action was about to commence, I moved the violet from my hair and into my pocket for safekeeping.

" Watch the backside," T-dog warned

" Got it," I said, walking towards Lori and killing a walker that was coming towards her.

" Let's go !" Dad yelled, holding the fence out for Maggie first.

Slowly, each one of us got into the prison. I allowed Lori to go before I made it through and watched Glenn and Daryl quickly tire the fence back up. Daryl took my hand lightly, and we ran around the bases watching the walkers try and grab us. They were determined, and loud, but I laughed at their dumb attempt.

" It's perfect." Dad said with a smile and pointed to the distance." If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight."

" So, how do we shut the gate ?" I asked, looking to see how far the walk was from where we were to the gate.

" I'll do it." Glenn volunteered." You guys cover me."

Maggie shook her head quickly." No, it's a suicide run."

" No, you, Maggie, and Beth draw as many as you can over there. Pop 'em through the fence. Daryl go back to the other guard tower. Carol, you've become a pretty good shot. Take your time. We don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel, you and Carl take this tower. Kayla...Do you want to run to the gate with me ?" Dad asked, knowing me by heart.

Daryl looked at me, pleading for me to say no, but what would I be running away from the danger.

" Danger? I like it." I said much to Daryl's disappointment.

He pulled out his gun and empty the clip in my hand." You and your damn fearlessness," Daryl muttered while I laughed and placed it in my gun. He nodded, heading up to the guard tower.

" Stay by me. Use your knife if there is only one. Use your gun if there are many." Dad instructed.

I nodded went to the gate. Lori gave us both a look before opening the gate. We ran inside and hid behind the truck first. Dad started shooting some nearby, and so did I running up the hill. I got my knife out, stabbing one by one keeping the gate way clear for my Dad. One was about to bite me, but an arrow flew through it. I looked up, seeing Daryl's face rolling his eyes at me.

" Watch it, Kayla!" He growled, and I nodded, running over to my Dad.

We kept running until we got the fence. Dad kicked one walker, and we both shut the gate in time. After we closed the gate, Dad and I ran to a guard tower and got to the top shooting walkers down below. Dad was smiling at our new home, and so was I. I looked over at Daryl and winked at him. He winked back, shooting some more. Dad shot the last walker proudly.

" Nice job Princess," Dad said.

I laughed jumping around like a little kid before hugging him tightly knowing we found a safe haven. This place was our new home and I couldn't wait until we were inside it's gate safer from the world. I quickly released from my father's grasp and ran down the guard tower until I was in the field.

Laughing like a child, I ran down the trail until I could jump into Daryl's arms. He wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me off the ground and spinning me a bit equally happy that we had found this place.

" Nice shootin."

" Thanks." I laughed leaning up and kissing him while the others cheered around us for our new home.

When nighttime fell, Daryl cooked the owl, and everyone ate it up quickly wanting something in their system. I sat on the prison bus with Daryl keeping watch and having some alone time given that we needed it.

" Are you going to sleep tonight ?" Daryl asked, done pacing back and forth and sat down next to me.

I shook my head," You and I both know that answer."

" Kayla, we're safe now. You can sleep now."

" I know, but it's just hard when you're on the run for eight months."

He nodded and handed me a bowl with some owl meat." Here eat some please." He said, outstretching his hand with the bowl in his hand.

" Daryl-"

" You're almost done yours." He stated wiggling his plate around for me to take.

" You need to stop taking care of me," I said, taking a piece from the bowl and eating it.

" You need to start taking care of yourself."

" Go to sleep." I whispered, seeing the defeat in his face. I didn't want to argue about my wellbeing again." I'll keep watch."

Everyone was asleep, and the fire was out for a very long time. My eyes scanned the outside of the prison seeing nothing, but the walkers. They growled loudly trying to find some food, but we were far too secure for them to do so. Daryl stirred next to me and I glanced down seeing he was sleeping peacefully.

" What would I do without you?" I whispered, moving some hair from his face.

By morning, I was in the woods. I was getting food for the group knowing the owl was bones now. I managed to get another owl this time and walked back to the prison, seeing everyone was up.

" Morning." I said, seeing everyone turned around and smiled." I got food. Eat up."

I handed the bag to Maggie and climbed up the bus seeing Daryl still sleeping. I started playing with his hair and combing it out. His hair was starting to get long and in his face.

" We need to find scissors." He said, opening his eyes.

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek nodding. " Yeah, we do," I said, getting up and climbing down the bus with him.

" Hey...Did you sleep?" He asked.

" No, I didn't, but I'm fine," I said and grabbed his hand, walking to camp.

Dad was quick to tell us about his plans to raid the area of the prison. He was taking Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, T-dog, and I inside for the small run. We stood gathered around the fence prepared to go inside the courtyard.

" Ready ?" Hershel asked, holding the gate close.

Dad had nodded, and the old man opened the gate for us all to enter. Growls filled my ears and I walked forward with the others gripping my machete.

" Get tight! Get tight !" Glenn yelled.

I stabbed a walker in front of me before pushing their body backward. It was back to back with killing walkers. I killed one, and it seemed like five more popped up. Blood and sweat fell around me, but I didn't have time to wipe it off.

" Don't break ranks !" Dad screamed, but I saw a shield and went after it.

" Kayla !" Maggie yelled when I heard a walker behind me.

I quickly turned, slicing its head off before Maggie got the second one that was ready to attack.

" Maggie! Kayla !" Dad yelled, causing us to quickly get back into formation." Almost there. Shit."

We all quickly slapped our backs against the wall seeing over a dozen walkers behind some gate, but that wasn't the worst of it. Four walkers came out in riot gear moaning loudly. Daryl shot at it, but the mask blocked it and bounced right back at us. Dad and I moved forward and tried to get the first two walkers. The walker intercepted my target and tackled me to the ground. I let out a groan, which got Dad and Daryl's attention.

" Kayla !" Dad yelled and pushed the walkers off me.

" Go for the gate !" I yelled, getting up and running over.

Dad sliced one of the walker's heads off while I stabbed one and grabbed the gate. He kicked one down before we both closed it with clips. We turned around to see Maggie kill the walker with the mask. She turned to us covered in blood and wild eyes of adrenaline.

" You see that ?" She asked and quickly started to do what she did.

After the walkers were killed, We were covered in blood head to toe. I looked at Daryl, and he was covered in less blood than I was.

" You okay?"

" Yeah." I breathed nodding my head to him." You?"

He nodded back squeezing my shoulder and looking around the place. It would need lots of cleaning, but I knew with the days and work, we could make this place clean like it once was for inmates.

" Stop," Dad ordered, causing us all to stop and turn to him.

" What? It looks secure." Glenn weakly said, not really wanting to put up a fight.

" Not from the looks of the courtyard over there," Daryl said, pointing over to the right of the building where we saw some more walkers.

I looked over to one of the walkers Daryl killed and pointed to it." And that's a civilian," I said, seeing her clothes had no prison uniform or riot gear.

" We have to push in," Dad instructed and started walking to the prison's doors.

I exchanged a glance with Daryl nodding my head and following after my father. We walked into the prison seeing it was big and dirty. It looked like when this place was being taken down, it was horrible. Dad and I went up the stairs to see a security guard dead holding the keys. I frowned and gave Dad a careful look. He poked the guard, and it didn't move.

" I guess it's dead." I whispered.

He grabbed the keys quickly, and we walked down to the cells. Some cells were a little clean, while others had walkers in them. I went up the stairs to look at the other cells. A walker popped out the cell and tried to get me, but the bars stopped it. I grabbed my knife and stabbed it, seeing Dad did the same to the other one.

" Walkers can't climb," I said to myself looking over to Dad." I think."

" I'll get the others." He said and I nodded watch T-dog and Glenn take the dead walkers out.

I opened one of the cells watching a mouse scurry off . The cell was filled with newspapers, but for the most part, it was cleanier than the other cells. A shadow followed behind me and I turned seeing Daryl set his crossbow on the floor already settling in.

" Are you going to sleep tonight." He asked, and I thought about it for a bit.

" Only if you stay with me," I said before walking up to him and kissing him on the lips.

" What you think ?" Dad asked from down below, and I walked out of the room with Daryl seeing Lori and the others walk into the cell blocks.

" Home sweet home," Glenn said, going into a cell with Maggie laughing.

" For the time being."

" It's secure ?" Lori asked, looking around with her hand on her baby bump.

" The cell block is," I said, seeing Dad's faint smile to her.

I hated that they don't talk much to each other anymore since their relationship was torn apart on the farm. I knew Lori's affair with Shane will always stick inside his heart. The baby growing inside Lori didn't help much, but it was still a baby, and despite it maybe being Shane's, I was up to the challenge of having a second sibling.

" What about the rest of the prison?" Hershel asked.

" In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria and Infirmary," Dad answered, earning some nods around the group about the idea of eating.

" Do we sleep in the cells ?" Beth asked uncomfortably, seeing T-dog drag a walker out of the one in front of her.

" Yeah." I cringed glad my cell wasn't that dirty." We have keys and beds. Daryl has a set too."

I turned back around, seeing no conversation happening, and placed the little violet on the counter. I laughed at the idea of the first decor. I sat on the bed, forgetting how soft they were and smiled, feeling my eyes become heavier when I blinked. Daryl walked in and smiled, seeing me caress the bed.

" Go to bed, you need it," Daryl said, and I nodded, beginning to take off my boots.

" Yeah, tomorrow will be hard in the tombs."

" Stay here tomorrow," Daryl said, making me look up to him confused." You're tired and always working."

" I have to help my Dad. He has a wife that cheated on him and might not have his baby, and on top, he is going to have a baby. The only reason he hasn't given up is for us." I said, knowing it was the truth. If it wasn't for his three children, he would have given up by now, but it was us alive that kept him going." I owe him."

Daryl laughed, walking over to the bed." I think you owe him because he failed to use a condom."

" Daryl !" I laughed, lying down on the bed. He took off his boots and laid next to me, staring into my eyes." Do you think things can get better now ?"

" That's the idea." He said, and I smiled, staring at those ocean eyes.

" I love you, Dixon."

" I love you, too." He said with a smile, but slowly it came down." Why do you love me ?"

" You're the first person I met when things went to hell, and I want you to be the first person with me when things get better." I answered.

He hugged me tighter and kissed my forehead." Go to sleep, Beautiful." He said. I then my eyes and fell deep in sleep.

┏━━━━━━ Morning ━━━━━━┓

" Not bad," Daryl said, looking at a table filled with weapons. Dad managed to find a closet full of gear and even took some off the walkers we had killed.

" Flashbangs, Cs Triple-chasers. Not sure how they'd work on the walkers, but we'll take 'em." Dad said while I picked a helmet up, having the walkers slime come out of it.

I quickly dropped it and wiped off my hands." I ain't wearing this shit." I cursed, seeing the smirk on Daryl's face.

" We could boil 'em," T-dog suggested watched more slime come out the gloves. I cringed again while Daryl shook his head.

" Ain't enough firewood in the whole forest. No. Besides, we made it this far without 'em, right ?" He said, swinging a pipe like a baseball bat." Here."

I looked up to see Daryl holding a bulletproof vest that was much cleaner than the helmet and gloves." What ?"

" Where this."

"Why do I have to wear this?" I asked, seeing he placed it over my head. I groaned and placed my body into it while he tightened the strap around my figure.

" Because I love you and care about you?" He said, tightening the last strap and pecking my lips." How does it feel?"

" Peachy." I sarcastically said, making him laugh a bit.

" Great." Dad said, putting the clip back into his gun." Let's go." He said.

We started walking in the tombs seeing it was dark and cold in the tombs. Blood and bugs were everywhere. Soon we came to a locked door, and Daryl unlocked it. We turned a corner, and water was leaking from the ceiling. A dead body was on the floor being eaten by flies. We kept moving forward, till someone gasped. Maggie bumped into Glenn, thinking it was a walker. I laughed a little seeing Maggie blushed and made me a whoops face. We kept moving and moving more into the prison.

" Shit, get back !" Dad instructed.

The walkers were coming fast near us. Maggie and I ran a corner, but a walker grabbed her, causing us both to scream. I stabbed the walker and grabbed her arm.

" Kayla !" Someone yelled, but Glenn grabbed us ran a different way from Daryl and the rest.

" In here !" Glenn yelled, opening a closet door and letting us in before slamming the door shut. Glenn heard the walkers passing by, but stared at us." Are you both ok?"

" Yeah." I breathed.

He slowly opened the door before nodding to us and walking out." Slowly. Come on."

" Daryl...Dad." I called, holding my machete up just in case.

" Daddy ?" Maggie called out when a blood hurling scream broke out. We all broke off into a sprint before seeing Hershel bent over while a walker bit his leg.

" Daddy, no !" Maggie sobbed, but I quickly stabbed the walker. Dad and the others found us and saw the same mess we did, but what I saw was walkers behind us.

" Walkers !" I yelled, getting up and stabbing some." Daryl !"

The man quickly came next to me, shooting down the walkers, but I soon realized there was no time and grabbed his arm, running the other way. We ran and ran, moving left and right till we got to a door.

" Open the door !" Dad yelled, and quickly I grabbed the keys from Daryl's pants and opened the door. Everyone piled in till Daryl, and I stood in front of the door blocking the walkers out.

" Kayla, hold him down !" Dad yelled.

I looked over to Daryl, worried." You'll be fine ?"

" I'll take your place," T-dog yelled while running over. I nodded and ran around, holding Hershel down. Each whimper came from the old man, making me want to cry.

" There's only one way to keep you alive," Dad said raised the machete up before bringing it down on Hershel's leg. I gasped loudly, feeling the blood get on my cheek with every thrust Dad made. I bit my lip feeling Hershel jolt under me till he passed out from shock.

" Go help them," T-dog said, and quickly Daryl was by my side with rags. I looked back to Hershel's stump, seeing it gush blood. Dad groaned loudly from the mess he did but covered the stump.

" He needs more rags." He said, so I nodded, standing up and looking around, but Daryl quickly grabbed his crossbow and aimed it at me.

" Daryl-"

" Duck," Daryl answered, and I quickly did being grabbed by my Dad. We didn't hear anything and looked a bit up seeing five prisoners.

" Holy shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 229 10
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...
47.3K 2K 25
"Push me away all you want but I'm just gonna pull you right back to me." Ellie Grimes hadn't planned for the end of the world, she doubted anyone di...
33.7K 577 77
Seasons 1-5 so far! ~~ Parker Grimes was with her family when the world ended. Her only goal was to keep those around her safe and no matter how bad...
1.8K 39 37
'you could have died' 'it's not a big deal' *** 'ive been on my own before and its not a big deal.' *** 'you guys are dating?' 'it's not a big deal' ...