in too deep | ✓

Por njhpiper

Evelyn Reyes is the girl with chronic anxiety. Her stomach knots, insomnia, pounding headache, a second voice... Más

01| E v e l y n
02| M a s o n
03| E v e l y n
04| M a s o n
05| E v e l y n
06| M a s o n
07| E v e l y n
08| M a s o n
09| E v e l y n
10| M a s o n
11| E v e l y n
12| M a s o n
13| E v e l y n
14| M a s o n
15| E v e l y n
16| M a s o n
17| E v e l y n
18| E v e l y n
19| M a s o n
20| E v e l y n
21| M a s o n
22| E v e l y n
23| M a s o n
24| E v e l y n
25| M a s o n
26| M a s o n
27| E v e l y n (Part 1)
27| E v e l y n (Part 2)
27| E v e l y n ( Part 3)
28| M a s o n
29| M a s o n
30| E v e l y n
31| E v e l y n
32| E v e l y n
33| E v e l y n
34| E v e l y n
35| E v e l y n
37| M a s o n
38| E v e l y n
39| E v e l y n
40| E v e l y n
41| M a s o n
42| E v e l y n
43| E v e l y n
44| E v e l y n
45| M a s o n
46| M a s o n
47| An unsent email from Evelyn Reyes (100K special)
48| The Differences between Anxiety Attacks and Panic Attacks
49| The Way I Loved You (Publishing) + Floating [COMPLETED]

36| E v e l y n

10.5K 516 115
Por njhpiper

All my flowers grew back as thorns
Windows boarded up after the storm
He built a fire just to keep me warm
All the drama queens taking swings
All the jokers dressin' up as kings
They fade to nothing when I look at him

- Call it what you want, Taylor Swift

36| Evelyn

Evelyn paused. The door beside her burst open and was closed immediately. Evelyn opened her mouth to say something. Mason covered her mouth with his palm.

"Shh," Mason whispered. "Mallory's here." 

Evelyn's eyes went wide. She stared at him. Both of them were holding their breathes. Evelyn's heart rate was going up. This time, not because of anxiety, not because of the anticipation, but because Mason was right in front of her just a breathe away, with his hand over her mouth. Evelyn gulped.

Mason was looking down at her with an unreadable look. His gaze was so intense, Evelyn forgot to breathe.

Then there was another giggle out there. Mason backed a step away silently.

"How did you-" Evelyn whispered.

"I heard her voice," Mason said in a low whisper.

This time another laugh was heard. Evelyn could swear it was Bryan. It meant both of them was in the room. Evelyn and Mason looked at one another. They nodded.

Mason turned and opened the door as little as possible. Evelyn stood by the door facing him. They waited.

"Hey, you know, I love you," It was undoubtedly Bryan.

Evelyn wet her lips with her tongue. Mason was looking down at the floor.

"I love you too," Mallory said.

Evelyn covered her mouth to make sure she didn't make any sound. Mason was gritting his teeth. Evelyn held out her hand and closed it around his.

"Why did you leave then?" Bryan asked.

"I didn't have any choice. After the accident-" Mallory was cut off.

"After the accident, after the accident," Bryan's voice was rising. "You have told the school the same story. They don't know what happened. I know what happened." Bryan said.

"I just wanted a break," Mallory said.

Evelyn looked up at Mason, confused. Something was not in the place. Mason was trying to focus on their talk.

"You wanted a break from what?" Bryan said. His voice even higher.

Mason was about to open the door. Evelyn held him by his wrist and shook her head no. Mason stopped.

"After the accident, that night at the party, I told you I'd be there for you no matter what. Yet, three days after that you were gone." Bryan said. "Why were you gone?"

Evelyn heard Mallory's sob. She held onto Mason's wrist tighter. If he burst out now, they'd never be able to hear this. Mason gritted his teeth again.

"I, I-" Mallory said in between sobs.

"Is this about the drugs Mallory?" Bryan asked, his voice quiet.

Mason looked up at Evelyn. Evelyn held her breathe.

"What- what are you talking about?" Mallory asked back.

Evelyn wiggled her eyebrows.

"Don't you know what I am talking about?" Bryan asked.

Evelyn squeezed Mason's hand.

"No," Mallory said. She didn't sound like she was crying. "What drugs?"

Evelyn was getting more confused. Mason looked expressionless.

"What are you trying to hide from me?" Bryan asked this time.

"I am not hiding anything from you," Mallory said.

"You said you love me," Bryan said this time. "Why can't I believe that now? Why can't I believe anything you are saying? The stories you have been telling everyone about your trips, why can't I trust those Mal?"

"You don't trust me?" Mallory asked with her voice cracked.

"I would. If you told me the truth," Bryan said in a dismissive tone. Moments later, a sound of closing door was heard.

Evelyn let out a breathe she was holding. Her brain was buzzing. Their whole conversation was confusing. Mason said Bryan had been the one who gave the drugs to Mallory. After hearing the conversation between Mallory and Bryan, Evelyn didn't think it was the truth. It sounded like Bryan knew nothing about it.

"But when I asked him, he said yes. I asked him if he did it. He said yes," Mason whispered shaking his head. He pulled his hair and murmured that Bryan had said yes.

"If he didn't do it, why would he say yes?" Mason looked up at Evelyn. Evelyn had no idea.

"Nothing is making sense," Mason paced around the space in the washroom. He stopped in is track.

"I have had enough," Mason said.

"Mason," Evelyn held him.

"No, she needs to talk to me. She has all the answers. She can't ignore me anymore." Mason said. Evelyn tried to stop him but he was fast.

He opened the washroom door and stepped outside. Evelyn followed after him. Mallory looked up at them. She looked horrible. Her mascara was smudged all over her face. She was sobbing.

"Wow!" Mallory said. "I was just left seeing this. Wow." 

Mason's jaw was locked.

"Did you have fun eaves dropping with your little girlfriend," Mallory said in a snickering voice, "brother," She added with so much hate, Evelyn shivered.

"He made you cry," Mason stated.

Mallory gave a full laugh and stopped, "Is that a surprise? Aren't you having fun?"

Mallory said. "Give me that 'I told you' look. I am waiting."

"Mal," Mason said.

"Don't." Mallory shouted. "Don't you dare call me Mal."

Evelyn looked between Mallory and Mason. She didn't know whether she should stay or leave.

"Why, why can't I call you Mal?" Mason stepped forward.

"Because you don't deserve to call me that. Because none of you, none of you deserved to call me that. The only people who deserved that had died," Mallory stood up.

"They had died!" Mallory screamed. Tears was running down her face. She trembled.

Mason was going to get Mallory. But she put up her hands to stop him.

"Don't you dare come for me now! You, you want me talk to you, don't you?" Mallory wiped her tears and asked.

"I have wanted only the best for you," Mason spoke softly.

"Oh yes," Mallory laughed, "that's why you have been hiding in my bathroom to eaves drop on me, that's why you have been following me around since I have set foot in here, that's why," Mallory stopped.

"That's why you left me alone when I needed you the most," Mallory said. More tears left her eyes.

"Mal, I-" Mason was cut off. 

"No, you won't say a word," Mallory took a step towards him, pointing her index at him, "You won't. You wanted me talk. Today I will talk and you won't say a word." Mallory breathed heavily.

Mallory then looked at Evelyn. Evelyn was rooted to the spot till then. She looked at Mason. She realized it was her cue to leave.

Evelyn walked out of the room. She looked behind for the last time and then stood in the hallway. She leaned against the wall by the door. Then she realized she wasn't the only one there. Bryan was standing on the other side. He looked up at Evelyn for a second and looked away. He seemed like he had been here for quite a while now.

Evelyn remembered what had happened in the kitchen. Bryan had come here and steered Alex and Reddie away from her. And here, she heard his and Mallory's conversation. After all of these, she didn't even know what to think of Bryan.

"I left," Bryan said quietly. He looked towards the room.

Evelyn stared at him, "Then I remembered I promised not to leave her alone."

Evelyn didn't reply to that. She didn't know what to say. So she kept her eyes on the floor. She had a feeling Bryan was not who she thought he was. But deciding anything right now would be too risky.

The Stewart sibling inside the room was quiet. Then Mallory spoke again.

"Do you remember growing up with me?" Mallory asked.

"Of course, I do," Mason said in a obvious tone.

"But you don't remember things the way I do," Mallory said.

"I don't understand," Mason said.

"You would. From the start, you were always the perfect kid. Mason Stewart, Mum's favourite, Dad's favorite, Gran's favorite, everyone's favorite." Mallory said.

"Mal, what are you talking about? There is no such thing," Mason protested.

"Yes, there is. You were the perfect boy. You are the good boy with you perfect marks, with your perfect manners, with your perfect dreams, with everything that was perfect to them. I wasn't," Mallory said.

"Mal, you-"

"I was never perfect for them. I was never perfect to Mom. I didn't have the perfect manners, I didn't have the perfect marks, I didn't do whatever she told me to do. But I loved her anyways," Mallory said.

"She loved you too, Mal. She only wanted the best," Mason said.

"Let me talk!" Mallory screamed. Mason went silent.

"I loved mom, I loved Dad. I loved both of them. And it hurt. It hurt more than anything when they died," Mallory's voice was muffled by sob. 

"I was so broken. I was hurt. I couldn't see what was after that accident. And nobody, nobody was there for me. Nobody! Not you, not Bryan. No one."

"It hurt me more. Because I had to see your face everyday, knowing that you, the perfect son, you made a plan for them, to send them off to vacation, to ease out their stress, and that's what killed them. You killed them!"Mallory yelled pointing at Mason.

"And you said, it was Uncle Landon. Why? To cover up your own faults? Uncle Landon was the one who always loved us, he loved mom and dad. And you doubted him. Because it was your own fault."

"I hate you so much! I hate you!" Mallory said. "And yes, I was about to take drugs, about to. But you have to be the perfect brother to save me from it! Guess what you are successful. You saved me. Happy now?" Mallory asked. She breathed heavily. 

"You, for you, everything happened because of you. You killed them! You killed my mom and dad!" Mallory slapped at Mason's chest with her hands curled into fists. "It was your plan! You sent them to vacation. If it wasn't for you, they would have been alive now. It is all your fault. We still could've been together. They would've been alive!" She cried loudly.

Mason was frozen in his place.

Mallory stormed out from the room. She looked at Evelyn and then Bryan. Bryan stared at her. She walked off the hallway.

"This isn't right," Bryan said. "This isn't right."

Evelyn was rooted to the ground.

"Take care of Mason, please," Bryan said before leaving after Mallory.

Evelyn hurried inside the room. Mason was in the floor, his hand on his face.

"Mason," Evelyn said and sat down in front of him, "You know it's not the truth. You know it." Evelyn's tears was running.

Mason looked up at her. His eyes red. He was breathing heavily.

"Go away." Mason said.

"No, Mason. You know, it isn't the truth. You only wanted them-"

"You don't know anything!" Mason said. "She is, she is right." His lips trembled.

"No," Evelyn held him. "You know she isn't."

Mason shook his head. His eyes were unfocused. His shoulder was heaving. He murmured. "She is right. She is."

Evelyn wrapped her arms around his shoulder and rocked him back and fourth.

"It's gonna be fine, it's gonna be fine." She whispered.

"It's never gonna be fine. She said the truth. I did it. I did it." Mason said.

"No, Mason. Please." Evelyn's tears flowed down. She cradled him back and fourth. His chants died down. He went quiet.

Evelyn wished this was a nightmare. Evelyn wishe she could wake up from this horrible dream and it would be over. But it wasn't. She held onto him tighter silently praying.

• • •

Evelyn opened her eyes with a start. Mason was seated up, his shoulders hunched together.

Evelyn sat up quickly. He was shaking uncontrollably.

Evelyn held his hand. He was sweating.  "I saw that. I saw that again."

"You saw what?" Evelyn asked him softly.

Mason looked like he didn't even listen. He was shaking his head. He was looking around.

Evelyn's eyes stung. She somehow contained her tears. Her heart was breaking into pieces seeing him like that. She covered her mouth and closed her eyes.

She made a promise. She would get him out of this, all of this, no matter what the cost was.

For Evelyn, nothing mattered anymore.

• • •

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3M 62.9K 100
Completed. ☾ This is a SEQUEL!!! 1) 'Camp Where The Hell Are We?' 2) 'Cabin Fever' 3) 'Asterism' ☾ "I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also be...
14.7K 275 54
His blue grey eyes were glued to my brown eyes. "Tell me you don't hate me." He ordered me. "I hate you Mason." "No you don't." "Yes i do." He was t...
11.4K 1.3K 44
"𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸..." 𝗜 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 �...
2.2K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...