The Gifted Hybrid

Por gifted_nerd

BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a... Mais

Just A Hunch
A Long Bus Route
Camp Spirit
Protection
Powerless
I'm Sorry
First Gift
Your Special
Fast Learner
No Way In
First Attempt
Second Gift
Flashback
Full Moon
Just Try
Its You
Thank You
Book 66
A Sign
Darkness
Our Secret
The Dream
Believe Me
Bad Manners
Questions
See The Truth
You'll See
An Idea
Good Poison
Practice Makes Perfect
A Favor
Instinct vs Reflex
Just Talk
Triggered
Settled In
A Leader
Metal Eyes
Feelings
Visions Told Truth
Nervous Is Good
Powerful
Marked
Real Deal
A Choice
Author's Note
Next Book Reveal
ITS TIME!!!
Checking in...
THANK YOU!

Relation

1.1K 47 0
Por gifted_nerd

"Zoe honey.."

Someone called my name, it echoed in the dark. That's all I was in, the darkness surrounded me as I layed there with my eyes closed.

"Zoe sweetheart, its Mom" she smiled

I couldn't see her but I could feel her smile as it lit up the room. But not bright enough, I was conscious but also unconscious. I could see darkness and I could here my Mom but not see her. Then I felt a hand on my face but I couldn't open my eyes yet.

"Its okay Zoe, wake up"

My eyes fluttered open slowly. I squeezed them shut, my hands came up to my face and rubbed against it. I moved them to my sides and swallowed before looking up at the ceiling. But this wasn't my ceiling and this wasn't my room. I automatically realised the more my eyes adjusted to the brightness around me. The curtains were open letting un the warm light of the sun, I could feel it hitting my skin as I observed it from the bed.

I sat up slowly, I placed my hands on the soft cover I was laying on. It was an all red velvety plush cover that completely the entire room along with the red pillows. This had to be Margaret's room. It was red, everything was red and it looked amazing against the cherry wood of the floors and the golden light of the walls.

I used my arms to move to the edge of the bed. Then I felt the slightest of pain make it's way to my head, it felt worse than a headache. It was like a migraine and I needed to take the pain away before I screamed. You over did it Zoe.

"No..." I brung my hands up to my face and covered it. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried my best to focus on the healing power in my hands. They started to heat up and I could feel the energy as it made it's way to my face. I let out a moan as the pain subsided. Opening my eyes, I stared at my hands. They were red again and they grew hotter then before when I tried to help John. My eyes adjusted to the sight of them, there was something coming from them.

My eyebrows came together in confusion. There were some type of sparkles, like gold peices of glitter that floated from my hands. They turned black and so did my hands but it stopped before it reached my arms. They began to fade back to my original skin color.

"What is going on?" I ask myself aloud. My palms have never shown black all the other times I've healed, why now? Something good me it was because my friends, those people are I trust so much and who I'd do anything to save, those people knew. They knew about the power I held now, I just didn't want them to be afraid of me. I'm not even sure if I should be afraid myself, afraid of what I have become or what I could become if I don't calm down.

I shook my head. Nothing makes sense to me  I just wish I could ask someone all the questions and thoughts running through my head and they would tell me the answers. They would tell me the truth, as to what I am and what this powers is. Explain to me what happened yesterday and why did it feel good to be doing bad? But I wasn't doing bad was I? Those guys deserved what I did to them. Then I suddenly wondered what else I could do with such power and how strong could it get.

Don't overdue it Zoe.

I just felt like my mind was going to explode if I didn't start listening to it. Every thought that came to it made me feel like I was doing something right or wrong. But last night, it just felt right.

I stood up off the bed and looked around the room again. She had such a huge room, two very huge dressers, a black and red polished chair, she had an all black laptop over on her desk as I moved closer to it. Next to it layed papers and envelopes with pens but nothing useful I could read or find out about her. What she does on her spare time or what she thinks of everyone, maybe someday I can get into her office and see what I find there. She also had the book called Wolfsbane neatly stacked on top of some other books. I looked over at her bathroom and walked over to it, opening the door I was not surprised at all at the color. Everything was red. Margaret liked red so much but I feel like I've never seen her wear anything red.

I have to leave the room, I need to find my friends and ask them what happened. Or maybe I shouldn't, what if they don't want anything to do with me after what they saw me do?

I walked toward the door and I hadn't noticed until now how it was cracked just a little. Someone must've checked on me while I was asleep, I wondered who it was. Maybe it was Mom, I thought before slipping out the door and heading down the hallway silently without making any noise. No one had any clue I was awake and if they were talking about me or doing something I had no intention of finding out about, then I shouldn't make any noise. I closed my eyes and tried to listen as I walked but all I heard was the silentness of shushing and people moving.

I crossed my arms and walked down the hall toward the  cafeteria, hoping that everyone would be in there. The closer I got, the more I could hear the sounds of voices and commotion get louder. I stopped at the two brown wooded doors and my heart sank to my feet. I closed my eyes and let out a breath throwing my head back. The sounds became louder and louder in my ears as if I was right in the room and I was in the conversation they were having. John and Margaret were talking and from time to time I could hear everyone else. I opened my eyes but the sounds didn't fade the slightest, until I heard my name. I wasn't angry but that's what I felt, like I just wanted to bust through the doors and stop them from talking about me.

I pushed the doors open with both of my hands and everyone turned as I walked into the cafe. I crossed my arms and the doors slammed shut behind me. Everyone was quiet now, no one said a thing as they looked at me.

All I heard, was the sound of fast beating hearts.

"Zoe" Mia looked at me with a worried expression.

I looked at her but I didn't say anything and I didn't move either. No one did.

"Zoe honey-" Margaret had started but I didn't let her finish.

"Dont" I finally spoke and I had to swallow after. My throat felt so dry, like I have been sleeping for a couple days. What if I had, I felt so energized.

"Don't call me that" I pointed a finger at her. She and John moved slowly toward me and everyone else trudged slowly behind. They were still afraid of me.

"What is wrong with you guys?" I said.

"Zoe" That was John

"I told you Margaret, I told you I had these powers and I didn't know what they were or what I was doing with them. I told you I had Midnight Blood" I started but I was nowhere near done.

"Zoe listen" Margaret said.

"No, you listen. Why are you guys acting like I'm dangerous or something? Did you see what those guys did to you and to me, they deserved every single thing that I did. I wanted to protect you guys and they killed my Mom, they get what they deserve"

I felt my eyes turn black and I looked at my friends. I didn't know what I was doing and I couldn't control it, it just happened when I was mad. I looked down at my hands, the darkness seeped through every vein in my skin. It started from the palm of my hand, made it's way to my fingers as I closed my hands in fist.

"Zoe, you have to calm down" Mia stepped closer to me and I looked at her. She looked like she wanted to cry. Her aura turned a light sky blue mixed with lavender purple, pulsating around her entire form. She held out her hands in front of her.

"Mia I swear-" I closed my eyes for a minute and tried slowing my breathing, "I will not hurt you, why are you being like this?"

"Zoe I know" she blinked and her arms fell back to her sides, "I'm sorry, I just-"

"Zoe?"

Someone called my name behind me but I hadn't turned around yet. I recognized the voice but couldn't think of where I heard it from. Where I remembered it, just the sound of it brought back a memory but it wasn't just days ago. It felt like months.

They touched my shoulder and I turned. It was Susan. I saw a movement to her side and looked over at Stacey, she moved closer to her Mom. All the dark energy I felt under my skin went away just like that. My eyes went back to its regular color. The heat in my palms cooled to a soothing body temperature.

"Susan? What are you doing here?" I asked her. I stepped back but she came closer and gave me a hug.

"I am so sorry Zoe, I'm so sorry about everything" she removed her arms from around my body but they fell to my wrists and wrapped around them.

"What are you talking about?" My eyebrows came together. I had a feeling she was about to tell me something I was not prepared to hear.

"Zoe, you should sit and listen to what Susan has to say" Marg tells me. I look at her and nod my head.

We all head toward the tables to sit and talk. I sat in front of Susan, her daughter sat to her side without saying a word. Everyone else kept a distance, sitting just close enough to listen but not too close.

"Zoe..." Susan started, the tears in her eyes fell but she was quick enough to wipe them, "me and your mom, we-"

"My mom?" I swallowed the words. Just thinking of her and saying the word Mom made my heart shatter.

"We had um, relations. We knew each other, she was such an amazing person and she was strong and built for this life" her voice held emotion as she spoke. I saw Stacey move just an inch closer to her, Susan reached out for my hand but I pulled it back a little.

"How? How did you know my Mom? I don't remember you" I shook my head and she sniffed. I don't even recall the slightest memory of her and I would remember if I did.

"I'm so sorry Zoe, I should've been told you. Your Mom and I were very close, she was like a sister to me. The last time I talked to her was before she-" her eyes became glossy and she swallowed.

I looked away, everyone did as they knew the reason for her unfinished sentence.

"I knew your Dad also. They were both like family to me. I was devastated when I found out about your Mom, I was sad and I felt so angry with myself"

"I don't understand, how come I don't remember you?" I asked her.

"When you guys reach a certain point in your  bodies first changing, it messes with your memories and changes the way you think. The way you act and what you do next. I was there on and off when you were really small but then I stopped seeing your Mom when-"

She stopped talking again and I was getting fed up with it. She knew what happened to Mom. She knew both of my parents and she didn't say anything until now.

"What did you do?" My fists automatically balled up.

"Zoe you don't understand, when you started growing so fast I tapped into the future" she looked over at Stacey for a second and she forced a smile.

"We both linked our future see together and I had found out that you would be hybrid. And you know how this world works, Vampires and Weres don't mix"

"So you abandoned her? After you found out about me, you left her to fend for herself like my family?"

She didn't blink but moved in the seat, "Zoe I'm sorry. Your Dad was there and they took good care of you, look at you now. I wasn't just the only one who abandoned her, there were coven members and others too but she couldn't leave them, she was their leader and they let her stay"

I nodded my head, "when was the last time you saw her?"

"When she came to me, I knew something was wrong but I tried my best to help her. She was so worried and she told me that you would grow to be the strongest of any of us, that you would have this power. That power you consume. It's more powerful than any of us combined Zoe" she held her hands out as if she held the power herself.

"Mom never told me anything about her coven, why?" I wanted to scream right now in front of everyone. I wanted to run home and dig the grave my Mom was in, pull her out and make her tell me why. Just why all of this has to happen to me and how could she leave me like this.

"She didn't want you to worry or get involved in anything that had to do with them. She was afraid they might kill you since your hybrid" Susan wiped her face and Stacey handed her a napkin. Why wasn't she saying anything I wondered.

I looked over and Margaret, "you knew about this?"

She shook her head, "no Zoe, I didn't and I'm sorry about everything. Not believing you and about your Mom"

"But your strong and that's what matters most. Your Mom would be so proud of you Zo. She's watching over you and she will guide you, trust me" Susan reached for my hand and this time I didn't pull back. She was right, I did feel like Mom was watching over me and Dad and I feel like she's the one telling me what to do.

"Zoe I heard you would be here, that's why I came. Margaret had nothing to do with it, I didn't believe your Mom before and now that I felt you and I felt that something so powerful was inside all over your body, now I know that your special" Susan said.

Stacey cleared her throat, "when I tried to see your future, there was nothing but darkness that's why I freaked. I had never seen anything like that before"

"Is that bad?" I bit my lip, nervous.

"No, it's just that the power you hold is protecting you. Its keeping anyone else out, its protecting you from anyone seeing inside your mind or seeing your future. You will become much stronger Zoe. I couldn't feel anything wrong in you because there is nothing wrong. The power allows no harm to you" she explains.

I think about everything Susan is saying and wonder if she's really telling the truth, for her own sake I really hope she is. I look over at Will.

"She's telling the truth Zoe, don't worry" he tells me and I smile.

"Okay" I said.

"What you did yesterday was just the beginning" Susan stood from her seat.

"It was awesome" everyone looked at Mia and she smiled toward me.

"Where are you going?" I asked Susan, her daughter rose from her seat and they both made their way toward the door.

I got up and walked over to them.

"We have to go, I've said all I could"

I nod and my head falls, someone puts a hand on my shoulder.

"You are brave and strong. The rest is up to you now Zo. You have to make the decisions now" Susan smiles before she pulls me in for a hug. Just the warm feel of her and the scent makes me think of Mom and a memory flashes in my head when I close my eyes.

I gasp. Mom, Dad and Susan are all laughing while they stand back and watch Stacey and I run around together. I can feel the sharpness of the grass hit the back of my legs as I run over each patch with my shoes and I can feel the warmness of the sun and the happiness running through my veins from just being...normal. Then another comes to mind, Mom is holding me in her lap as she stares down at me smiling. Her smile is so wide that a tear escapes her eye and falls to my face. But all I do is smile and laugh at her, my Mom's face as she sits in a red chair against the big wooden, sea green house. Feels like this just happened yesterday. And just like that, I'm brought back to the future.

Susan let's go of me and I look at her. She winks, "just something to keep you on your feet"

"How did you-"

"Its just a memory. They come to me and I can pass them to other people but only if they have a true link to the other person, that pain and sorrow awakened your spark"

I feel like crying but I don't. Stacey gives me a hug before they both head through the cafe doors into the hallway. Pain and sorrow awakened a spark. Why does that sound so familiar?

"You okay?" I turn toward the voice behind me.

Margaret forced a smile on her face and I stepped closer to her and looked straight into her bright blue eyes.

I close the space between us wrapping my arms around her, "I'm sorry Marg, I just- I was confused and scared"

"Its okay, I trust you and thank you Zoe. Thank you for always being there for us and making sure everything is okay" she pulls away and looks at me.

"So, what are we going to do now?" I ask, I step out of her embrace and look over her shoulder at my friends. My new family, and I smile.

"Well, nothing right now. If anything else happens we will leave but for now. We have to be ready for anything, practice bright and early tomorrow" she says before moving toward the cafe doors.

I look back over at my friends. I wish Susan could've stayed longer, I would really like to ask her more questions. Maybe I could trust her enough to tell her about the knife and the poem.

"Hey Zo, come over here!"

I smiled, maybe I should save that for another time I thought as I headed over to the table.

A/N: hey readers! :( unfortunately the reason why I am so super later to writing this is because my grandma had a stroke and shes in the hospital, I don't think shes going to hold on for much longer so I'm not sure when I'll update again, I also had food poisoning but that's gone now. This chapter was rushed so please excuse any errors or anything that doesnt make sense at all. I love you guys so much and thank you, from the bottom of my heart it means so much to me for almost 900 reads. ♡♡

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

2.1K 298 31
Get ready for a thrilling ride with Ivy Myers as she moves to a small town to live with her mother. Little does she know that her life is about to ta...
601K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...
4.1K 48 12
No one ever said life as a human/vampire hybrid would be easy. As Renesmee comes of age, there are many challenges she must face, and questions she n...
31.7K 1.5K 24
"Keith and I watched in awe and joy as the inexplicable happened. Nikki was alive! My mate was back! Then suddenly, those brown eyes I loved so much...