Enchanted: Phoenix Arise

By pigrabbit_09

In the world where some things can't be explain were into Ares' life. The curse that he didn't wish to have i... More

Introduction
Prologue
The Encounter
New Moon
Clash
Shield of Sirius
Implosion
Repudiation
Sirius
The Master's Conclave
Bound To You
Hush
Concatenate
Moonflower
Silence
Bond
Perfidious
Retribution
Minion of the Night
Incertitude
Moon and Stars
The End and The Beginning
Redemption
Snazzy
Erratic
That's Not Me
The Hybrid
Refutation
You're My Remedy
Divine Flame
Divine Judgement
Sacred Beasts
Take Over
Clinch
Deceived By Love
Forewarn
Into The Slumber
Sun and Moon
Rumour Has It
Yin Yang
Blood Poison
Phoenix
Freedom
Flames of Desire
Epilogue

Eternal Darkness

210 24 3
By pigrabbit_09

Buildings crumbled, streets are filled with monsters, lightning became rampant, fire started within the city and the world became dark. People were affected by the darkness and even those strong hearts turned into monsters.

Eli is different now. He's much stronger than he was a warlock. He ruled over the world and I don't know what happened to the other countries right now. It was devastating to look at especially that the city I grew up turned into ruins.

I let Dawn took care of my brother's body and headed to where everyone was. Garreth was covered with wounds and Zehra took care of it.

"He isn't Sirius now. He was totally consumed by the darkness." Garreth said.

"How come the pillar was activated?" I asked him.

"We don't know. It suddenly activated when we were fighting him." Henry answered.

Nigel walked and headed to where Eli was. I stopped him but he shove my hand. I got mad and even slap him, though I wanted to punch my son for being reckless.

"Just stay here. I'll handle your Mommy." I said.

"No, you can't." He refused.

Because I'm very mad since before this battle started, I pulled him back to where everyone was. Mother cast a magic barrier to protect us from miasma but it tried to penetrate it.

I only got one way to protect everyone. I released Terra from my body and she appeared as human form.

"Protect everyone." I ordered her.

She nodded and cast her impenetrable barrier. Terra has the highest defense in terms of protecting who are dear to me.

"We need to go, Zehra." Nigel said.

"No one is getting out from the barrier." I exclaimed.

My kids shook their head and Zehra said. "Nigel and I aren't affected by miasma, as well as the sacred beasts."

"We need to defeat Mommy as soon as possible or else, no one will live in this world except the darkness." Nigel said.

I sighed and tried to convinced my children from what they're planning to do. I know they'te worried for Eli and this world but I can't risk their lives just because I'm weak.

"I guess we need the kids, Ares." Garreth said.

I glared at him because he was irrational about letting my children risk their lives.

"Before you disagree, I want to point out one thing." Garreth said before I speak a word. "The kids are helping us and their present form is temporary. Time is ticking and they need to accomplish their mission as soon as possible."

"But as a father, I won't let my kids join the battle and die in front of me. You know Eli, he's still the strongest warlock." I debated.

"No, he isn't." Zehra butt-in and smirked at me. "Nigel is the strongest warlock now. In our eighteen year old form, Nigel can defeat Mommy."

Everyone were surprised to know that Nigel is the strongest warlock as of now. I don't have a doubt about it because he defeated my brother. If Nigel is the strongest now, how about Eli? Is he the strongest dark lord now?

Henry touched my shoulder and said.

"Trust in them, Ares. Still, they came from Eli and soon your children will be the strongest warlock after Eli."

I looked at my children, they're a fine young man and lady. They can decide on their own, can fight without asking for help, and I guess, there's a reason why Zehra and Nigel were given the light and dark magic.

As a father, I am worried about what will happen to them. I can't let them die by the hands of Eli and I won't let Eli blame himself for killing his children.

But, I forgot who I am.

I am the shield, and it's my duty to protect everyone. I am always afraid and thought a lot about negative things but who cares. It's really part of my well-being. I need to face and conquer my fear. I lost Eli once and I can't lose everyone in this final battle.

"Alright! But I will come with you." I said to my children.

"I'll stay behind, Daddy." Zehra said. I was surprised that she won't go with us. I looked at Nigel and he was serious about defeating Eli. "I need to hold this barrier up. Grandma and Terra can't hold the barrier if the battle will take long."

I got her point. I don't want my pack that surives from the battle will perish because of this eternal darkness. And also, my Mother is with them too. Mother smiled at me and she even gave me a hug.

"Take care of everyone, Ares. I'll leave Nigel to you." She said.

"Yes, Mother."

"Do you know where Eli is?" Hailey asked Nigel.

"Mommy is at the central section of the city." Nigel answered and he ran out from the magic barrier.

I followed him together with the sacred beasts and Garreth. The miasma is getting harmful and I wondered why I wasn't affected by it.

Nigel is fast and I used my ability just to keep up with him. There are monsters attacking us. Raven and Hailey took care of them from above but there are flying monsters too. Henry make a way for us as he took care of the monsters. Selene used her earth magic to fight against the monsters.

We went ahead and monsters are still coming. Garreth and I took care of it while Nigel is heading straight to where Eli was. We followed him as we got a chance to escape then the sacred beasts followed.

Monsters were strong as we came near to the central section. I used my fire armor mode as I can't give damage to the monsters through my punches. Garreth can easily kill the monsters as he enchant poison on his swords.

As we arrived in the central section, I saw Eli was sitting to a weird throne chair. The area became the nest of darkness where monsters resurrected after we kill them. In short, monsters are having unlimited lives.

Eli was sleeping on the throne chair while the monsters did their work. Monsters are keep on coming even we killed them for how many times.

"This is endless." Garreth complained.

"What shall we do?" Henry asked him.

Nigel walked to throne chair and I cast my fire shield on him to protect hin against the monsters. As he got close, Eli suddenly woke up and looked at Nigel.

"Who dares to disturb my sleep?" Eli asked.

"It is I, mother." Nigel answered.

"Mother?" Eli laughed at him and he rushed towards Nigel, grabbing his neck with his right hand. "I don't have a son and I'm not your mother. I am Chaos, the Dark Lord, that will rule over this world."

The fire shield activated and it repelled Eli from Nigel. He looked surprised and Nigel didn't flinch since Eli grabbed his neck. I instantly cast magic barriers on us just to be cautious.

Eli looked at Nigel very closely then he looked at me.

"You're face looks the same." Eli said and he went closer to me but the magic barrier prevented him from touching me.

I thought my barrier recognized Eli but why now, it won't allow Eli to touch me.

"He's your son and this warlock I possessed." Eli said and realized that it was our children, but he's not Eli anymore. He called himself as Chaos.

He touched the magic barrier and tried to break it but I withstand from it and focused more on my barrier from getting destroyed.

Eli looked around and noticed the sacred beasts. I don't know if he sensed their powers as he looked closely to them.

"The sacred beasts... we meet again!"

Meet again? Did he mean that he already encountered the sacred beasts before?

The sacred beasts went out from the body of Hailey, Raven, Selene and Henry.

"You don't know the word die, Chaos!" Leo said, the sacred beast of fire.

Eli laughed and greeted the sacred beasts.

"Of course! And it's easy to hide from a human body after he opened the book that sealed me thousand years ago." Eli answered.

Thousand years?

It means that the eternal darkness happened a thousand years ago. So, the sacred beasts knew how to destroy the eternal darkness.

"What are you trying to do, Chaos?" Procne, the sacred beast of air asked him.

"That's too obvious, Procne. Rule over this world and take over this warlock's body. It is filled with great magic." Eli answered.

"You can't take over our Master's body." Virgo, the sacred beast of earth said.

Eli laughed out loud and glared at her.

"This body is starting to give up. And I'm going to crush his soul. I don't want any maggots to destroy my reign." Eli said.

"You made me laugh, Chaos. Master Sirius won't fall into the darkness." Ryu, the sacred beast of water said.

"Really? Look at the world now. It's covered with darkness and that means, no one can defeat me." Chaos said.

Out of a sudden, he was surprised and was caught off guard when Nigel stabbed him from the back with his dark sword. I was shocked when he hurt Eli. I don't know if I got worried or get mad to my son for doing such rush decision.

Eli looked at him and Nigel pulled out the sword.

"You maggot!" Eli exclaimed and cast dark magic on Nigel however, my son managed to destroy Eli's magic.

They started to fight and the sacred beasts went back inside. I joined the fight and helped my son. Eli wasn't affected by Nigel's sneak attack and he can freely move like nothing happened.

Eli is too fast, destructive, and my barrier almost can't hold from his magic. Nigel is fast too and can keep up with Eli. He kept on breaking Eli's magic. But I wondered why Nigel attacks were the same, again and again.

Garreth and the sacred beasts joined the fight. It's better to fight together than fighting Eli one by one. Unfortunately, we had difficulty because Eli is very strong and his dark magic is dangerous. He kept on casting death curse on us and my barrier blocked it or Nigel breaks it.

Hailey used the wind and she created a tornado at the center. Raven did some offense as Ryu is the war dragon and that goes with Henry as well. They helped us fight against Eli. Selene, helped us by supporting and also attacking.

As the tornado became strong, it pulled the monsters towards it. Not just the monsters but also us. Vines wrap our bodies inorder not to be sucked in the tornado. However, Nigel wasn't affected by it. He kept on attacking Eli who was struggling against the tornado.

But the tornado was destroyed when Eli attacked it with his massive dark spell. Then, Nigel rushed straight to Eli and he strike with his dark sword. However, Eli catched his sword with his hand.

"You can't use the same technique on me, maggot." Eli said and stabbed Nigel with his hand but Nigel vanished.

Illusion?

"I thought you're clever, Chaos... but you disappoint me." Nigel said.

Eli began screaming and blood came out from his body. Eli's body was covered with cuts.

"Dark Strike." Raven said and he was amazed. "It's one of the assassins sneak techniques. With just a flash, you don't know that you've been cut a thousand times."

"Geez... Zehra is correct. Nigel is the strongest warlock, not Eli." Henry said.

"No... it's just temporary." Garreth reacted. "Eli is still the strongest warlock but without the elements in him, he's not the strongest."

"Does that mean, if we bring back Eli then he still be the strongest?" Henry asked.

"Yes... my nephew is trying to save Eli but I don't know why he needs to kill his Mommy." Garreth answered.

Maybe Garreth is correct that Eli is still the strongest. At this state, Eli is consumed by the darkness and he released his elements just to save it. If he released the elements for a reason then maybe, he wants us to figure out something to save him and this world.

Nigel is our hope for now. He grew up into ang eighteen year old boy just to maximize his power but it's just temporary.

Eli was mad and he screamed out loud. He took all the dark aura from the monsters and strike us with a dark wind. That blew us away and at the same time, I got wounded. My barrier shattered when that happened.

Nigel looked at me and talked to me through telepathy.

"Daddy, I'm out of time. I need you to combine your elements as one." He said.

"What? I don't know how to do it, son."

"Focus and concentrate, Dad. The elemental shields, connect them as one. You have the ability to do it because you have the element of heart." He said.

The element of heart.

Yes, I forgot about that. The element of heart that Lady Vivian gave it to me. It's supposed to be Eli's possession but his mother gave it to me for an unknown reason.

There's nothing to lose if I do it according to what my child said. I cast magic barriers to everyone and they started to fight against Eli while I meditate and focus on in mg inner self.

I closed my eyes, looking for my heart, and the elements inside of me.

"You forgot about me, Ares."

I opened my eyes and I saw myself. A part of me that knows how to love, care and treasure one's worth.

"I'm sorry. I almost forgot you." I said.

He laughed and touched my left chest.

"No, you didn't forget about me Ares. I was happy that you learn to love. The love you had for Master Sirius and to your children is already a treasure for us." The element of Heart said.

"Can you help me?"

He nodded and said. "I don't need to teach you Ares. Just follow the will of your heart."

A light blinded me and I opened my eyes again. I saw the sacred beasts, Garreth and Nigel was still fighting against Eli. The battle became destructive as it destroyed most of the area. Eli manipulated everything as the battlefield is consumed by the darkness.

It's time to end this.

I called upon my elements and fused them as one. This is the will of my heart and the strength of my heart. I had this golden shining armor, and the four shields surrounded and joined the fight.

I went straight to Eli clashing swords with him.

"You've got a death wish, maggot!" Eli exclaimed and attacked me with his sword.

However, my shield reacted on its own and blocked his attacked. I used the earth element, creating two large boulders and clash together with Eli. The boulders were destroyed and Eli went straight to me.

"Die!"

I fused the four shields and it became huge. It repelled Eli and I rushed towards him then strike. Raven, Garreth, Henry stirke him together at once then Hailey, cast a strong razor winds then Selene captured Eli with his huge vines and petrified.

Nigel's magic circle appeared on the petrified Eli and a dark hole appeared above. Dark ray of light appeared from the dark hole and it rampantly attacked Eli. The dark ray of light showered on Eli. The petrification was broken and saw Eli on the ground.

Unfortunately, we didn't kill him. He stood up and laughed at us.

"Is that all you've got?" He asked and his glare became evil.

I was stunned when his aura changed. Eli started to trnasformed into something else. A large demon wing sprout from his back, his hands became demon claws, tail appeared with the tip of an arrow, his legs became thin and feet were like of a demon, and grew sharp fangs from his mouth.

The environment reacted when he transformed. More lightning appeared and it was uncontrolled anymore. Miasma became thicker than before, and what's worse, monsters evolved as well. Earthquakes were frequent now and the wind is sick.

"How dare you maggots! No one can bring me down, not today!" Eli said and his voice changed as well. It's more evil than his usual voice.

Eli is surrounded by miasma and his eyes were full read.

"What are we going to do?" Hailey asked.

"Fight!" Henry answered and rushed to Eli.

Eli absorbed some magic from the surrounding and burst it on Henry who almost got near him. Luckily, my barrier on him endured the attack.

"He's much stronger now!" Henry said.

Nigel attacked Eli in surprised and managed to cut Eli's back. But, he was chased by Eli and dark energy balls were showered towards Nigel who kept on dodging his attack. Raven appeared in front of Eli and slashed him then cast his water dragon spell.
Eli endured the attack and kicked Raven then again, he chased Nigel.

"You're the hindrance of my plan!" Eli shouted as he kept on attacking Nigel with his dark magic.

"Petrify!" Selene cast her earth magic spell to Eli but it doesn't have any effect.

Hailey used wind magic and tried to outbalance Eli but it doesn't have any affect as well. The sacred beasts powers has no effect and Ei gained immunity from it.

Eli kept on chasing Nigel and I just can't watched that my son was chased after by his Mommy, who wanted to kill him. I ran and catched up with Nigel. I need to protect my son. I cast my shields to him and I faced Eli with my sword.

"Get out of my way!" Eli shouted.

He threw me away by the swing of his hand. I fell down to the ground but regained my stance and followed them. Nigel was kept on doding and I noticed that he didn't attack Eli. Instead, I did the attack and tried Eli to fight with me but he's too persistent on chasing Nigel.

"Don't run away from me!" Eli shouted and I saw that he transformed his hand into a chain and threw it.

I let myself get caught with the chains and Eli threw me away. I had enough and I'm pissed. I'm tired of holding back and I need to get serious or else, Nigel will get hurt. I activated my berserk mode and chased Eli. I catched up with him and grabbed his wings then slammed him to the ground.

"I am pissed!" I exclaimed.

Chain was thrown at and I caught it with my hand then pulled Eli towards me. I punched him on his tummy and I got hit too by his kick.

"You annoying pest! Get out of my way!" Eli shouted and he fight with me one on one.

I don't care if I hurt Eli's body. I will let Lady Vivian healed him once this fight is over. We were fighting in close combat. Eli was in outrage while I was on berserk mode. I can't feel any of his punches and I focus on bringing him down.

The shields helped me from blocking Eli's punches and kicks. Sometimes, the shield burst out some magic and hit Eli when his punched get in c ontact with my shields.

"Now!"

I heard Henry's voice. The sacred beasts took the chance to focus on their energy and hit Eli with it. They tried to contain Eli from fighting and he was trapped by the four sacred beasts power.

Nigel went closer and his magic circle appeared underneath Eli. Dark energy was sucked out from Eli's body.

"What are you doing?" I asked my son.

"I'm going to separate Chaos from Mommy's body." He answered.

Eli was screaming and tried to break free but the sacred beasts won't let him. I cast magic barriers on the four sacred beasts and to Nigel as well.

"I won't allow this!" Eli shouted and broke free from the sacred beasts power as he unleashed a powerful dark magic.

I catched my son when Eli blew us away.

"Are you alright?" I asked Nigel.

"I need to take Chaos out from Mommy. I have no time left." He answered.

He stood up and rushed towards Eli. I noticed that I can't sensed any dark magic from the monster who stood up and waited for Nigel to strike him.

"Nigel, no!" I shouted as I realized that it was just an astral drop.

Nigel striked the astral drop and the real Eli came in and stabbed Nigel from the back.

"Gotcha, maggot!" Eli said and was happy that he caught Nigel off guard.

"No, Chaos. It's me who tricked you!" Nigel said and he became water.

My eyes can't follow and Eli took a pause and fell down to the ground. Nigel appeared and he started to separate Chaos from Eli's body.

I ran to them and asked Nigel how he did it.

"It's not me, it's Raven's power, the Mirage." Nigel said.

The sacred beasts joined him and cast their powers to contain Eli inorder for Nigel to take out Chaos. I guarded them while they're doing their thing and a strong earthquake happened. We stumbled except Nigel who continued taking out Chaos from Eli.

Lightning became rampant now and out of nowhere, fire appeared on the ground.

"I need to hurry." Nigel said.

"Why? How much time left for you?" I asked.

"I don't know, Dad." He answered and I hope that my son will be successful.

The earthquake didn't stop as Nigel kept on going. Maybe it's because Nigel is almost done taking out Chaos from Eli. I watched how my son did his thing until the very last dark aura of Chaos was taken out from Eli's body.

"Die, maggot!"

The shadow's hand transformed into a sword and wanted to kill Nigel. I pushed my son away and was stabbed by the shadow sword.

"Dad!!"

I heard my son's voice... he called out for me. I looked at the sword to where I got stabbed. It's on my left chest and my armor broke. It didn't hurt but my heart race because I was frightened for my son.

"I'm alright!" I said and cast back my armor.

Chaos is out of control and the sacred beasts held him. Nigel stood up and he continued his spell to seal Chaos. I went to where Eli's body was and he's not breathing. Eli's body slowly changed back into a human form.

"You can't defeat me, human!"

While Nigel and the sacred beasts held Chaos from escaping, I resucitate Eli as fast as I can. I can't hear his heart and he's pale. Earthquake starts trembling and I was unbalance. Chaos took the opportunity to break free when the earthquake happened. He unleashed dark energy that led for his escape however, Garreth strikes him with his sword.

I went back to Eli and resucitate while Garreth sealed Chaos through his swords. Nigel helped me and the sacred beasts as while.

"Guys! We need to escape. The seal is just temporary and Chaos will break free again." Garreth said.

"Okay, we need to take Mommy's body back to the barrier." Nigel said.

I carried Eli and we rushed back to where everyone was. Garreth left his swords, keeping Chaos in one place temporarily.

As we arrived back inside the barrier, Lady Vivian checked on Eli and I asked her to revive him but she's not sure if she can bring back Eli. Zehra helped her grandmother and they tried anything as I held Eli's hand. It's cold, no pulse, and I can't feel anything from him. He's exactly dead in front of my eyes.

"I can't hold Chaos for too long. We need to bring back Quinn as soon as possible." Garreth said.

"Don't put the pressure on the them, son." Sir Gilbert said.

Earthquake happened again and the lightning is trying to penetrate the barrier. The sacred beasts had their discussion about their plan. I noticed Nigel was looking to the sky. I looked up and the dark clouds became thicker and thicker. It'd like our world was destroyed from an invasion where we can't see any light from the sun. The monsters surrounded the barrier, waiting for it to be broken.

It took a couple of minutes and still Eli wasn't revived. I cried and started to lost hope. Out of the blue, Garreth collapsed. We felt a strange wave coming from him and that means Chaos broke free.

The sacred beasts guarded the whole area of the barrier while Nigel was just standing and looked at the monsters. They're not attacking the barrier but still the monsters waited.

I felt Chaos' presence that's coming near us. The ominous wind, earthquakes, and lightning storms became stronger than before.

"He's here." Nigel said.

My pack positioned themselves and decided to fight with us no matter what will happen to them. I kissed Eli's hand and stood up, went to Nigel's side.

"Are we going to die?" I asked him.

"No, Daddy... but someone will die today." He answered.

I knew he saw it from his ability, future vision. I don't want to assume that it's me who's going to die but that's typically the truth. I did nothing, got scared, can't even protect anyone and that concludes that I'll die.

I saw a shadown fast approaching and the dark aura became strong. Chaos is going to kill us if he got a chance.

"All of you are pathetic!" Chaos said and he laughed. "Consider this to be your grave, maggots!"

This is it!

The moment of conclusion. It's either us who will die or Chaos will perish. Even though my son, Nigel, is the strongest as of now, his power isn't maximum. Still we need Eli to destroy Chaos.

The monsters began to move and attacked the barrier. Hailey is on our spot, waiting for the barrier to be broken. The other sacred beasts were on the other spot as well.

Lightning made a crack above the barrier. Sooner, we will engaged in a fight. I noticed that Chaos didn't use his magic to break the barrier. He patiently waiting for it to shatter by his minions.

"Are you ready?" I asked Hailey.

"Long time ready, brother." She answered.

I equipped my shining gold armor and draw out my four shields around me and a halberd. I looked back and they're still trying to revive Eli so I decided to give my four shields and barrier to them.

"Are you okay without your shields?" Hailey asked me.

"Yes. What's important for me is to bring Eli back to us." I answered.

Hailey sighed and said. "I guess this will be our last moment living in this world."

"Or it will be the start of living in a new world." Nigel continued.

I smirked because that vision is still blurred for me. We can't start a new life in a new world if this eternal darkness will become our grave. All we need is courage and hope to look forward for the world we envisioned.

The barrier started to have a major damage from the monsters and the natural effects of the eternal darkness. Hailey transformed into her beast armor mode and fly above.

"Daddy, I need you to do something for me." Nigel said.

"What is it?"

He looked at me and said. "Don't cry if something happens."

That leaves me in a puzzle. I don't know what he meant with that but still I swear to him that I won't. He smiled at me and he's getting prepared. For the last minute, I took a glimpse at my back and I saw Eli's face. I may die in this battle and I'm grateful that I have Eli in my life.

The barrier shattered and the monsters marched. Chaos was steady and let his minions attacked. We must protect the core where Eli, Zehra, Garreth, mother and Eli's parents were.

We engaged into a battle and kill monsters as many as we can. Although we were facing an endless battle because the monsters kept on reviving, I'm still glad that I had my family with me.

Nigel was powerful enough and he can wiped out monsters that were in front of us however, we knew that we will lose. The eternal darkness kept on reviving the monster and all I can hear is Chaos' evil laughter.

When the monsters were wiped out in front of us, Nigel rushed through to Chaos and I followed. I cast magic barrier on him and cleared his path. I kill monsters for my son to go through.

Chaos enjoyed what he was witnessing right now. The sacred beasts tried their best to hold back the monsters. My pack fought like there's no tomorrow.

"Die humans! You have no place in my new world!" Chaos said as he laughed out loud.

I ignored him and focused on assisting my son. He cast a lot of magic just to kill the monsters and I haven't seen him get exhausted. Though we had difficulties on reaching where Chaos was, I was forced to use my elemental magic.

As we ran, heading to where Chaos was, lightning strikes the ground and it almost caught me. We continue running, dodged the lightning storms, and tried our best not to tripped because of the earthquake.

Nigel became fast and he slashed the monsters with one full strike that led to a clear path to Chaos. I activate my ability and ran after Nigel who rushed to Chaos and attacked.

My eyes can't follow Nigel's moves. He disappeared and appeared again then strike, and disappeared and vice versa.

Chaos didn't have a chance to counter because Nigel was too fast until a blast of darkness happened that almost made Chaos vanished.

"Damn you, maggot! I hate you! You die!" Chaos said as he chased Nigel now.

I can't follow them as their speed is not in my level. My eyes can't follow while I kill some monsters. It looks like my son is on berserk mode. He's getting stronger than before and he managed to cut through Chaos.

I don't know what Nigel was doing and I noticed that he kept on using the same move.

"Brother!"

Hailey went down and helped me out as I was surrounded by the monsters.

"I can't catch up with Nigel." She said.

"And so do I."

We continue killing monsters while Nigel was busy fighting with Chaos.

"Have you figured out what's your ultimate power?" I asked her.

She was surprised that I opened that kind of topic while we were killing monsters. I remember that my twins told them that the sacred beasts had an ultimate power.

Hailey didn't answer and we got busy. I wanted to catch up with Nigel until I saw my son fell down to the ground. I was surprised that Chaos hit him. I ran to him and asked.

"Are you okay?"

"Get out of my way!" Nigel exclaimed and pushed me away then a loud bang happened.

I almost got caught by Chaos' magic. I noticed that Nigel's right arm was wounded and it's leaking with miasma.

"Let Zehra cure you." I suggested.

"Don't worry, I'm not affected by it." He said and went back to Chaos.

I don't know how minutes we were fighting against the monsters. My pack became tired and some of them collapsed. The sacred beasts still on fire.

Nigel's speed is still the fastest and I noticed that he did something weird while fighting with Chaos. As I fight the monsters, my eyes were on my son's fight until Nigel stopped and let Chaos rushed to him with an intent to kill.

As Chaos get closer to him, Nigel smirked and the miasma in the environment turned into something that I can't explained. The miasma gathered to where Chaos was until it covered the Dark Lord.

However, the monsters were still attacking us. They thought that we're the only humans left in this world.

Nigel controlled the ball of miasma that trapped Chaos inside. I looked at Zehra and she's trying to revive her Mommy. Nigel made a fist on his hand like he was crushing something and explosions happened on the ball of miasma but still, Chaos survived the attacked.

"I hate you humans! You sealed me in a book and live for how many thousand of years. And now, I won't allow you to seal me again." Chaos said madly.

"Who said that I will seal you ?" I asked him.

"What? You just let me roam around the city?" He answered.

Nigel was standing and did nothing until a black magic sickles appeared, hitting Chaos within. The Dark Lord screamed and I don't know if he screamed because of pain or he was just happy.

The miasma in the surrounding manipulated by Nigel and he covered Chaos with it leaving a thousand of explosions. Chaos is still a shadow and half of him was destroyed by my son.

"I won't let darkness will consume anyone again, so YOU VANISH!" Nigel shouted and a black script hit Chaos.

I managed to read the script and it says, 'STIGMA OF CURSE'.

"You're funny!" Chaos exclaimed and he laughed. "You can't curse the Dark Lord. It's still my property so..."

Suddenly, Chaos shouted out loud.

"Curse you, human!"

"This is your end, Chaos!"

Nigel cast a black hole tried to suck Chaos in it. He intended to use this magic just to isolate the dark explosions.

"Die inside the black hole, Chaos and never return!"

"Don't get lax, human. I can't be defeated because I am the Dark Lord." Chaos said.

"Sorry to inform you but my black hole won't miss a chance. It will suck you in no matter how you resist. You will die inside that black hole, Chaos, so rest in peace."

My black hole was persistent and Chaos tried to escape. I was happy when I saw Chaos struggled but...

The black hole disappeared right in the moment when Chaos was almost sucked in by it. Nigel kneeled down and he's starting to vanish.

"No!" I shouted and ran to him. "What's happening? Why are fading?"

I swore that I will not cry but I can't keep it. I can't fathom to see how Nigel started to disappear. I looked at Zehra and she also had the same state with Nigel.

"I told you not to cry, Daddy." He reminded me so I immediately wiped my tears. "Our time is up, Daddy. I leave the rest to you and please, save this world."

I wanted to hold Nigle with my hands but it went through him. Their physical body was starting to vanish. I ran to Zehra and same, I can't touched her. They slowly fading and their magic aura started to fade as well.

"I'm sorry. I failed to bring Mommy back." Zehra apologized.

"It's okay, sweetie. The most important is you. Please try to extend your time here." I said.

Zehra shook her head and smiled at me.

"I guess, we did what we can." Zehra tried to touch my face but it just went through. "Please, kill Chaos. You and the sacred beasts is our last hope."

I nodded and swear to my children that I will finish on what they started.

Half of their bodies vanished. I wanted to hug them but how? This is freaking me out! The only strongest as of now are my children but their transformation into a young adult was just temporary.

"Daddy... I love you." Zehra said.

Nigel didn't say the words that I'd like to hear, instead he said.

"I will say those words when we meet again."

They were almost fading and I can see my children's smile and ray of lights appeared. I cried and hit the ground with my right hand until I heard a cry of a baby.

I was surprised to see that my children reverted back into a baby.

pigrabbit_09 —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 12.1K 66
Nico is a broken kid in all aspects. His parents have left him when he was still young, now he is abused by his new 'family' that consists of his aun...
1.9K 208 44
Celestial London Chronicles #1 Long ago, the sun Xyliath, one of the ancient gods, fell in the first Blood War for peace. Her burning tears formed a...
1.4M 40.8K 47
Life for years have been easy for Nicholai. He doesn't have to worry about much. He has cars, girls, and all the attention he could ever want. Becaus...
26.4K 897 43
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...