The Gifted Hybrid

By gifted_nerd

BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a... More

Just A Hunch
A Long Bus Route
Camp Spirit
Protection
Powerless
I'm Sorry
First Gift
Your Special
Fast Learner
No Way In
First Attempt
Second Gift
Flashback
Full Moon
Just Try
Its You
Thank You
Book 66
A Sign
Darkness
Our Secret
The Dream
Believe Me
Bad Manners
Questions
See The Truth
Relation
An Idea
Good Poison
Practice Makes Perfect
A Favor
Instinct vs Reflex
Just Talk
Triggered
Settled In
A Leader
Metal Eyes
Feelings
Visions Told Truth
Nervous Is Good
Powerful
Marked
Real Deal
A Choice
Author's Note
Next Book Reveal
ITS TIME!!!
Checking in...
THANK YOU!

You'll See

1.1K 53 1
By gifted_nerd

When I woke up from my nap, I looked over on the nightstand and I checked the time. It was 8:30pm.

I rolled over to the other side of my bed and faced the window, the curtains were open just a little and sun had descended in the sky which caused a faint glow of purple streaks in a blue sky. It was pretty as I focused my eyes to see it more clearly before climbing out of my bed and making my way toward the bathroom. When I came out, I went for the window. I opened the curtains, turned around to see if Mia's body would appear in the dark but nothing. Not even the slightest hint of her presents.

I let out a breath and turned my attention back to the window. Where could she be? As I looked out the sky grew darker and darker until there was nothing but a navy blue coated sky filled with stars. The moon hadn't risen into view yet. It was like once it had, all the stars had to move out of the way so it could shine brighter than all of them. I closed my eyes and put my hand to the glass of the window. It was cold and my ears picked up the winds that blew threw the trees which caused a rustle and leaves to fall to the ground. I opened them and I looked at the forest. I missed it, maybe I should go out right now and do some practice. It's like everything that I've come to learn or gain works better at night.

So I slipped on some shoes and grabbed a jacket, zipping it all the way up to my neck and made my way back to the window. This time when I looked out, I saw something. The same something that I saw the last time I looked out the window. It was a person and they stood with all black on again. They looked up at the window and I stepped back but not out of view. Their face held a blank expression, no emotion or anything. I had no idea who it was. I don't understand why I don't recognize any of the faces I've been seeing lately, the one outside my window, the girl in the media room. He was just staring up at me through the window.

The next thing I knew I was rushing toward the door and down the hall to the steps, flying down them like my life depended on it. So maybe it did, whoever this was or whoever they were, they weren't going to stop coming here. It's me they want and if I don't do something about it then no one will.

I reach the big brown wood doors and I hesitate to open the door afraid of what I might find. I can't let myself slip this time. I can't let these people get to me. I'm more powerful then anyone.

I open it and step out into the wind that started blowing even harder now that I was outside. Its temperature making my skin feel like theres peices of icicles hitting them and bouncing off into the distance. I step down the steps and look around sure to be alert if anyone tries to sneak attack. I start walking toward the woods but not far from the building. I stop in the middle and I get to the ground, close my eyes and focus on the sounds around. The wind overpowers all but one thing, a whistle. My eyes flash open on high alert and I turn toward the sound. Theres someone making there way toward me. Maybe its James, but it's not. It can't be. They get closer and the light from the building allows just enough brightness to hit the figure  making it's way over.

It's not him. It's not James. I swallow and watch them as they come closer and closer until they stop at about ten feet away from me.

"Whoever you are, you should just leave now" I say aloud. But they don't move or speak, they stand. And another figure emerges from that body and another. Now theres three people standing there.

I let out a breath, "great, you should've stayed in bed Zoe" I say to myself.

They all start walking toward me again, the one in the middle stays put but the other two make there way over. I squint trying my best to make out their forms but then I realize they are disappearing right in front of me. The one standing by himself grabs something from his pocket. It makes a flicking sound and the light catches it, it's a knife. Just like the other guy had.

Then I feel hands come around my arms and the two guys appear at my sides, holding me in place.

"Get your hands off of me!" I yell and try my best to wiggle out of their grips but it's no use. They have a steady hold on me and they aren't letting go anytime soon. I look at them, the one to my left is a guy and the one to my right surprisingly is a girl.

"You know" the one holding the knife starts to speak when he stands in front of me, "I really have to make you pay for what you did to my friends who came here"

"What the hell are you-" I start but he brings a finger to my lips along with the knife that goes to my cheek.

"Ssh sshh, now we don't want anyone getting hurt yet, let's wait for the party" the knife sticks into my cheek just a little. It stings but I try my best not to show any source of pain on my face.

He removes the knife and walks away but his friends still hold onto me.

"Oh you mean the asswholes who failed at trying to get my blood? Pathetic" I shake my head.

The guys with the knife spins on his heels and races back toward me. He grabs my face with his hand and I can see his now, inches from mines. His eyes are red and his face is so dark, his chin stubbed and his hair is black.

"You watch your mouth before I rip out your tongue and glue it to your forehead" he tells me.

I hear the door to the building swing open and look over at it, "ah, here comes the party I was waiting for"

The two holding me, tightens their hold on my arms and I flinch just a little.

Margaret comes out the door first followed behind is John and everyone else follows behind. Jesus christ no, I can't protect them all.

"Zoe!" Someone yells as they rush up to me.

"Ah ah" the guy with the knife say and they stop running and stand back, "don't even think about it, or she dies right here right now"

"Who are you?" John asks.

"I ask the questions here Mr" he points the knife toward him.

"Why don't you just get it over with. Slice me open and take all the blood I have" I tell him but it wasn't the right thing to say.

He turns to me and makes his way back over.

"Don't touch her!" Jake yells, him and Xander step up but John doesn't let them pass him.

"See now that's where your wrong, we don't want your blood. We want you, he wants you"  he points the blade my way and the light reflexes off of it onto the grass.

"Who's he?" Margaret asks.

The guy with the knife turns toward them all and makes his way over to them. Everyone stands their ground. All the guys stand together while all the girls stand to the other side.

"You" he points to them all, "will find out soon enough"

He steps back and smiles. I don't realize what he's doing until he holds his arms out in the air and closes his eyes. Then a line of fire reaches across the grass and grows higher, the flames giving off such a magnificent glow

"No!" I shout. It separates us from my friends, they step back away from it so no one gets hurt.

"Zoe!" Someone shouts again. My head falls to my chest and I feel my weight being shifted.

"Let's go" the one with the knife shouts. He closes it and puts it back into his pocket and the ones holding me start to drag me behind him toward the woods.

As we get closer all I can hear is my name being called multiple times from my friends and they can't do anything about it. I can't even do anything.

"Let go of me!"

I use my feet on the ground to slow them down. I try pulling my arms from there grips but it feels like shackles that I can't get out of. So I just stop, and I breathe.

"Good girl" the main guy says to me.

I look up into the sky at the moon as it shines down on me through the trees tops. This isn't it Zoe, you can do something. So do it.

I let out of breath of air and close my eyes. I focus on the sounds around me until there isn't any at all. Just pure silence, I squeeze my hands shut and I begin to feel them heat up. I open them and look as the darkness makes it's way up my arms from my palms and over my entire form. This is it Zoe, this is the Midnight Blood.

"I said let go!" I grab them both with my hands and throw them away from me. They fly into the air until they come falling back down and land on the ground.

"Come on now, we don't want to make a mess do we?" The guy pulls the knife from his pocket and steps back.

I look at him but I don't move yet. He stands there and I close my eyes. The times slows down and I hold out my arms to the sides. Something happens that I've never felt before. The power, the gift I hold surrounds me like a blanket. The dark aura around me becomes a smoke tornado as it chases its self around and around creating winds at high speeds. My hair goes all over the place, the tornado screams to be freed. But it won't, not until I'm done with it.

The darkness shoots up into the air out of my skin and creates something so big, so magnificent and so blinding.

"What the hell is happening?" One of them shouts. I realize they all stand a couple feet away from me.

I look at them and walk toward them, I grab the girl by her neck and slam her body onto the ground. She cries out in pain and it bothers me. It makes my powers even more angrier. The ground begins to shake now but my body can't feel it, I'm the one doing it. I grab her head with my left hand and her shoulder with my right and I tear her head from the rest of her body. The red liquid splatters onto the ground.

Someone's coming.

I turn around as the other one runs toward me but the dark winds grab his entire form before he reaches me and pulls him into the air. He screams as it twirls him around in the air before throwing him up high, his body comes falling back down toward the top of the trees. It crumbles against the wood as it falls faster and faster toward the ground but gets stuck in mid air. His arms and legs are no longer connected to his body.

I feel a sharp pain in my back and I cry out, my legs giving up allowing me to fall to the ground. The winds pick up even more and the screams of darkness become louder in my ears. The trees start to snap and the leaves are all over the places. The ground begins to shake even more. This is too much, you have to calm down Zoe.

"Zoe" I hear my Mom's voice.

"Mom?"

"Zoe sweetheart, its okay" I can hear her voice in my head.

I close my eyes tight and reach my hand behind me to pull the knife out of my back.

"They did this to you" I can feel a tear slip down my cheek, "and they'll pay"

I stand to my feet and turn around toward him. He just stands there looking at me with his arms out in front of him. I don't do anything, my mind does. My powers reach out  for him as he struggles to stay on the ground.

"No!" He yells and I watch as the darkness turns into a face. It's so dark yet so powerful and it screams as it holds onto the body. The winds turn on its side and forms a whirlwind of chaos. It's so dark inside as I stare at it. It throws him into the mouth of it all and he disappears right in front of my eyes. Theres nothing left now.

I close my eyes and hold my arms out to my sides again  this time the darkness screams before it rushes itself back to me. It crawls into my flesh and I can feel it make it's way into my veins and back to hide away in the deepest darkness corners of my body just waiting to be freed. The winds are gone now, all that's left is the feel of cold air in the sky. The moon is in it's original place. The trees and leaves are back to being still and the ground remains silent of rumbling.

There's nothing but the sounds of my breathing.

I look behind me at the deep cut in my back but theres nothing there. No scratch or cut, just my skin. It must've healed.

"Zoe?"

I looked up at all of my friends standing there watching me as I stood there in the middle of the trees. I moved toward them but someone stepped back. They stepped back like I was dangerous and they didn't want to be near me.

So I stood there by myself until my legs couldn't take it anymore. I started to feel like I've lost my head and my stomach turned. I fall to the ground and lay on my side and just breathing until someone makes there way over. The footsteps seem to fade instead of grow.

And the, "Zoe..." fades away as everything turns black.

A/N: please vote by clicking the star at the bottom of the page :)) lily guys! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 1.6K 93
I opened my mouth, feeling saliva fill around my tongue and I sunk my fangs in. His pulse hammered against my teeth and tongue and I bit down. Doctor...
145K 4K 32
▌ ·˚ ༘ ミ 𝒐𝑖𝑣. ┊ ❪ 𝓜𝙴𝚁𝙲𝚈! ❫   ↳ 慈悲 ❛ 𝖿𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝖻𝗅𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖽𝗋�...
58.6K 3.9K 38
Not knowing who she was...what she was, caused; lets say, problems for Kaliska. Kaliska life changed dramatically when she discovered she was more t...