Jyrus Oneshots - Part II (COM...

By matters17793

Part II of Jyrus Oneshots, with a few Jasher fics added in too. A sequel to my original book. These will tend... More

Welcome again
Pride Of Shadyside (Jyrus)
The Prom (Jyrus)
The Audition (Jasher)
Split Decisions (Jyrus)
Teach Me (Jyrus)
The Psychic (Jyrus)
The Beginning (Jyrus)
The Agent (Jasher)
Not One Sided (Jyrus)
In The Background (Jyrus)
I'm Here (Jyrus)
Fan Meet & Greet (Jasher)
How Well? (Jyrus)
Protect You (Jyrus)
Your Thoughts (Jyrus)
Fall Out (Jyrus)
Next Step (Jyrus)
Casual Revelation (Jyrus)
A/N
The Surprise Choice (Jyrus)
Looking On (Jyrus)
The Script (Jasher)
A/N
The Wrong Number (Jyrus)
Should I? (Jyrus)
I Didn't Know - Part 1 (Jyrus)
I Didn't Know - Part 2 (Jyrus)
Confident (Jyrus)
He Who Really Cares (Jyrus)
Thank you!
You Are Everything (Jyrus)
My Little Dork (Jyrus)
A/N - Update
Hurt My Feelings (Jyrus)
A/N - Update
I Think I Always Knew (Jasher)
A/N - So It's Been A While...
You're Wrong (Jyrus)
What Do We Do? (Jyrus)
A/N
Full Responsibility (Jyrus)
Hard To Ignore - Part 1 (Jyrus)
Hard To Ignore - Part 2 (Jyrus)
A/N - Thank you!
Your Soulmate (Jyrus)
A Friendly Reunion (Jasher)
A/N - Changing (A Bit)
Coming Out - Extended (Jyrus)
Questionable - Part 1 (Jyrus)
Questionable - Part 2 (Jyrus)
A/N - New Book
Special Shoutouts
9k Reads!
Completed

Rely On You (Jyrus)

257 8 5
By matters17793

During a difficult conversation with his friends, Jonah tries to explain what he's going through, but feels like none of them support him. Told from a single POV.

Jonah POV

I knew that this day was going to be difficult. My friends were finally going to find out about my anxiety problems. Cyrus already knows, but the girls don't and I think they should.

I met them at The Spoon, and fortunately we got a booth away from other customers. This made me relax slightly before I started talking.

Me: So, I wanted to discuss something with you.

Buffy: What would that be?

Me: I... Well Cyrus knows this already.

Andi: Why am I not surprised?

Cyrus: What do you mean by that?

Andi: Not trying to be rude, its just that you're best friends, right?

Cyrus: Oh, yes.

I was becoming increasingly frustrated as I waited to tell the girls about everything, but I kept my composure.

Me: Guys, can I please just speak?

Andi: Of course, sorry.

Me: I've been going through such a rough time. I...

This was getting more and more difficult as the seconds went by. I was shaking a little bit when Cyrus gave me a look. It was one of reassurance, one that calmed me down.

Cyrus: Jonah, you don't need to worry, just tell them.

Me: You're right, as usual.

Cyrus: I don't think that's true, but go on.

Me: So girls, you probably want to know why I've been acting differently.

Buffy: Yes we do, we know that something is going on.

Andi: Please just tell us, I promise that we'll always be here for you.

Me: You see, the thing is I've been getting panic attacks.

It felt great to finally get that off of my chest, but I looked at the girls who showed no emotion, it was upsetting.

Andi: Is that it?

Me: What?

Buffy: I thought you were going to say something major was happening.

Me: I...

Andi: It's just anxiety, you'll get over it.

As I looked in disbelief, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Clearly the girls didn't understand how hard it was to go through anxiety. When I was about to reply, Cyrus interjected.

Cyrus: Girls, that's not fair.

Buffy: What isn't fair?

Cyrus: Don't just say he'll get over it. That dismisses how he feels. Show some support.

Andi: Isn't he just being a drama queen?

Me: Drama queen?!

Cyrus: Andi, stop. Anxiety isn't an easy thing to live with. Maybe if you went through it you would know that.

Without having a chance to process everything, Cyrus grabbed my arm and led me out of the Spoon. Standing directly outside, he hugged me.

Me: Why is this happening Cyrus?

Cyrus: I'm not sure Jonah, but please don't be disheartened by the reaction of the girls.

Me: I just feel so alone at times.

Cyrus: You know I'm always here for you.

Me: I don't know what I'd do without you.

Cyrus: You don't have to worry about that. I'm here for you.

Feeling my confidence return, I hugged Cyrus back, and his support was becoming increasingly important to me. As long as he's my friend, I know I can try and live through anxiety.

Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 921 21
Two rivals, multiple one-shots. There are many types of stories in here that I hope you find interesting and unique! Warning: These chapters are lon...
26.3K 608 18
*Story Completed* *Total of Seventeen Chapters* *Warning: Has BoyxBoy material. Do NOT read if you're not comfortable with this type of story.*
21.1K 180 47
enjoy the book! this is my second oneshots book, except I decided to add more ships! idea thought of: ~'08•15•2019'~ began: ~'11•05•2019'~ completed:...
7.6K 122 12
Yes this is pretty badly written so I apologize from this point forward lol ⚠️~WARNING~ Will probably contain minor fluff so that makes you feel unco...