on my block imagines

By burntwildflowerz

imagines based off the characters of on my block !! requests are closed :/ More

|important|
|narcos • ruby|
|nights like this • cesar|
|in my feelings • oscar|
|yours • ruby|
|boo'd up • oscar|
|latinana • cast|
|come through • oscar|
|new book|
|let my baby stay • latrelle|
|make up • oscar|
|yernin • ruby|
|CPR • latrelle|
|lil bebe • cesar|
|new book|
|new flesh • oscar|
|i wanna be • cesar|
|EARFQUAKE • oscar|
|make you feel • ruby|
|selfish • ruby|
|goodbyes • oscar|
|new book|
|new book|
|moon & stars • oscar|
|no guidance • oscar|
new book!

|love • ruby|

7.7K 132 48
By burntwildflowerz

Make sure to vote and comment!

requested by @Rollerworlddruby, i'm soooo late. hope you enjoy!!

"Babe, what outfit should I wear?"

Ruby looked up from the bed he was sitting on. He stared at his girlfriend expectantly, obviously not wanting to decide.

"Does it matter? You'll look beautiful in anything, it's just my parents."

She sighed as she sat next to her pouting boyfriend. Leaning her head on his shoulder, he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"It matters to me because their your parents. And I love you so it's important to me that I make a good impression. Wouldn't you do the same?"

Ruby nodded as he pressed a light kiss on her forehead. She got up from the bed and went towards her outfit while picking out a pair of shoes to wear.

"But it's your mom that I'm worried about." She muttered to herself, making sure Ruby didn't hear her.

"Alright I'm changing, get out." (Y/n) said while pushing Ruby out of her room, ignoring his pleads to stay in and "not look".

•••

"You good?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." (Y/n) stuttered while wiping her sweaty hands on her pants. She was beyond nervous and thought that meeting Ruby's parents might have been a terrible idea.

"Calm down mi amor." Ruby said while hugging her. "Don't be scared. They are going to love you. Trust me."

(Y/n) kept her eyes on Ruby's hand as he knocked on the door. He usually brought a key to the house, but he of course forgot it. So now she stood there and shifted awkwardly waiting for someone to answer.

"Ai mijo! Why do you always make me get up to open the door for you, hm?" His Abuela said after opening the door, while taking her rolled up newspaper and hitting it on his head. He flinched with guilt as he stepped inside, holding (Y/n)'s hand as he pulled her in.

"Hey mom! We are here." Ruby yelled while walking inside the kitchen.

Right away, (Y/n) saw his mom placing white rice on plates while running back to the stove to check on the black beans. It took her a few minutes before she finally turned to face the two teens.

"Ruben." She grinned brightly, her smile soon faltered once she landed eyes on (Y/n). Although she tried to still have one on her face, she already knew it was fake.

"Hi Mrs. Martinez. I'm (Y/n)." She said while holding her hand out. Mrs. Martinez willingly took it and softly shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/n). I'm glad you came."

"Thank you for inviting me into your home." (Y/n) smiled gratefully. Ruby's mom nodded her head before returning back to the food.

•••

"Are you both in any of the same classes?" Ruby's dad asked nicely before biting into an empanada.

"Yes we are. Ruby is in my chemistry and English class. And lunch if you count that."

"Oh that's great. Better than not having any classes together, am I right?" Mr. Martinez smiled. The whole table lightly laughed besides Ruby's mom. She had a small scowl on her face that (Y/n) only noticed.

A few minutes had passed at the dinner table. With Ruby and Abuela remembering younger memories of him, Mr. Martinez cracking dad jokes, the twins who were in their own little world, and of course Mrs. Martinez who seemed that she wanted nothing to do with (Y/n).

(Y/n) felt as if she did something wrong or offended her in any way, but she could never place her finger on what it was.

She knew that when she first met everyone it was a bit awkward, but that was to be expected. She was practically a stranger to the household. Luckily Mr. Martinez and Ruby's Abuela welcomed her with open arms.

"Do you know who Olivia is?" Mrs. Martinez asked, particularly at (Y/n). The girl slowly nodded her head with a polite smile, she knew Olivia was a soft topic within the family.

"Ai mija those were the times. When she was here and still alive. You know Ruby loved her, I could always see it in his eyes whenever he looked at her. I really thought they would end up together... but not everything good happens, now does it?"

Everyone at the table grew silent. You could hear Ruby almost choke on his food, while his Abuela abruptly dropped her fork on the plate. Mr. Martinez looked at his wife in shock and disappointment.

(Y/n) sat there silently, not knowing what to do. She felt so embarrassed because she knew what Ruby's mom wanted out of that. She could feel a knot in her throat quickly forming. Tears threatened to spill but she kept them in, Mrs. Martinez didn't deserve them.

(Y/n) quickly excused herself to go to the bathroom. As she closed and locked the door behind her, she could hear Ruby in a heated argument with his mom.

"What is wrong with you mom?" He asked in disbelief.

"Nothing. I had to put that girl in her place. She doesn't belong here and she never will. So don't think that she can take the place of Olivia!" Mrs. Martinez said angrily.

"Why are you comparing her to Olivia? What do you want me to do? Marry her corpse?" He mocked annoyed. "I have finally gotten over her and I've found someone that I think I might spend the rest of my life with. So if you don't approve, I honestly don't care. I love her and there is nothing you can do about it."

The house was pretty much silent besides the quiet snickering of Abuela and (Y/n)'s muffled sniffles. Ruby quickly got up from the dining table, earning a loud screech noise from the chair.

(Y/n) heard a knock which slightly startled her but she opened the door. Right away, Ruby wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Your okay, (Y/n). Everything is going to be fine mi amor." He whispered.

•••

"Bye guys!" Ruby said as he and his girlfriend stepped out of his house. He had his arm wrapped around her waist. Everyone had said their goodbyes, except for Mrs. Martinez who was locked up in her room after her outburst.

As the couple both descended down the sidewalk, Mrs. Martinez quickly ran out of the house to where (Y/n) was standing.

"(Y/n), I am so so so sorry for what I said earlier. I tried to compare you to Olivia and I should have never done that. You must hate me now, but that's okay. I just wanted to apologize and tell you I think you are perfect for Ruby. And I don't want my words to get in the way of your relationship." She smiled in hopes that the girl in front of her would forgive her.

She really regretted what she had done, and she wouldn't be surprised if (Y/n) never wanted to speak to her again.

"It's okay Mrs. Martinez, I forgive you. I understand that you were just trying to stick up for a loved one, which I get. It wasn't the nicest meeting you but maybe we can have a different day to hang out?"

Mrs. Martinez's face lit up immediately. She nodded with a big grin on her face. "That would be so fun. It could be a girls day! I haven't had one of those in years."

After that, Ruby and (Y/n) continued to walk through the neighborhood. With his arm tightly wrapped around her waist, and her body leaning into him slightly.

"I told you she'd love you, but not as much as I love you." Ruby whispered.

i am soooo sorry that this was cringey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715K 13.1K 82
Que peligroso amor, es tu amor para mi... "She's not moving. Lina over here is my hyna, she's mine." That sentence made my chest feel heavy. I couldn...
15.1K 589 12
"Sé que sigue tan hermosa, sé que sigue tan graciosa. Pero es solo su envoltura, lo que lleva dentro es basura. Me dicen que es una diosa, una reina...
6.2K 163 14
❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥Sad Eyes & Amari❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥 Enjoy ☺️
1.8M 33.7K 112
"Im a fool for you."