HEARTLESS PRINCE

By NilaKeis

I wont's write much about this story because I want you to enjoy Arnav's and Khushi's journey. So there is no... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Teaser
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Giveaway
The Winner is

Chapter 5

3.4K 158 17
By NilaKeis

Chapter 5

The next days were horrible for Khushi. Whenever she came back home everyone ignored her or they scolded her for small, unimportant things. Once she wanted to prepare Jalebi, which she learned from her Babuji and when her Amma saw this, she got angry and told Khushi some really hurtful words.

>>This girl knows only how to spend things. She don't know how to bring money home. We don't have enough money for food and you waste our precious flour for Jalebi. No one want to eat your sweets Khushi. You are only burden to this family. I don't want to see your face tomorrow. It's better for you to come late, when we sleep, otherwise I am going to get a mad.<<

Khushi was shattered about her words and the unknown hate in her voice. Next morning, she left early in the morning and left the house. She took Jalebi with her because she didn't have any money to buy breakfast so this will be her breakfast, lunch and dinner in one.

Whenever she went to Mandir, her stranger was there. To escape him, Khushi would go somewhere else but the Mandir was the only place she knew, she could sit and no one would bother her. No one, except him. And there was the thing with the neighbors who would talk about her family if she was seen somewhere far away from home. They talked already enough about Payal's broken wedding, Babuji and Amma won't be able to handle more talk about their family. That's why Khushi decided to went to the same Mandir where the stranger waited for her. He behaved still respectful and never tried to touch her. He even kept his distance and make sure there was enough room between them. No one could talk bad about her and her family if he keeps doing what he was doing because for the outsider, he was just a random visitor.

As the days passed Khushi thought he would give up and one day, she would not see him at Mandir anymore. Not that she hoped he would be not be there one day. No, actually she got slowly used to his presence. She didn't want to talk with him as he was stranger but he was there and she really needed one friend because slowly, she needed to hear some kind words from someone. Anyone. Even she was desperate to meet a friendly person, Khushi always tried to say as less as possible about her family to him, because she didn't want him to get a bad picture from her people. No matter how they were, they were still her family. Her Babuji. Her Amma. Her Jiji.

She loved her family, even they didn't return her love right now. Maybe one day, she hoped so, she would win their hearts back.

***

Even she stayed silent, the days with him were soothing. They shared the food and place where they sat together but always kept respectful distance, so she slowly start to trust him. They talked about him and his family and he spoke a lot about how nice they are and that they would like her a lot. He also spoke a lot about his mother and how she dreamed about him bringing his new wife into their house. It was the only moment where she saw some kind of sadness and pain in his eyes, but few seconds later he was this sweet and happy guy who talked a lot.

While he spoke, he used to remove his strands of hair behind his ear and he formed his palms often to fists. Was it out of nervousness or something else? She couldn't answer this question because she was busy with her own problems.

Khushi was desperate whenever it was time to go home. To be honest, she feared to face her family. Not because they were mean to her. She feared that they tell her, not to come back home again. If this happens, what will she do alone? How will she survive being away from her only family which she ever knew?

***

And the situation at home got really quickly serious. With every second they separated her more from the rest of the family. With every day they showed her how useless she was for them as family member and this broke her heart into thousand pieces. She got an idea how to win their hearts back, but she didn't know how or where to start. Shure thing was, to win her family's hears back and earn their respect, Khushi needed to bring money home. For this, she needed to work. Maybe they are not mad anymore at her, if she is not financial burden anymore.

Khushi didn't know whom to ask and how to make her plan work. To save her family's reputation, it was important to find a job somewhere nobody would recognize her. She didn't want that people talk bad about her family for letting one of their daughters work because her Babuji wasn't able to earn enough money. He was a very proud man who wanted to be seen by his neighbors as provider for his family. That's why Khushi did, what she never thought to do. What she didn't see coming, few days ago. She talked with Arnav ji about her need for a job. It was sad, but in this moment, he was the only person with whom she could talk. Her one and only friend.

***

Arnav was frustrated. He spent days with her at Mandir and she was still distanced. He didn't really know how to make his plan real, but he knew, he needed to act very soon. The time was running. He smiled and chatted with her to get her trust. He played his whole charm out and he must say she was one hard nut to crack.

Khushi was shy and played sweet, but he knew how the girls like her could be. He saw her kissing Shiyam and this was unforgivable. He didn't know how far they went and actually it didn't play any role for him anymore. He is going to teach her what it meant to mess with him and his family. One victim is enough and he will not tolerate that his Di is next one in line to kill herself, just because of her sorry ass husband and some bitch. Girls like Khushi needed to know her limits.

The fact that she came everyday to Mandir, showed him how cheap she was. He knew that she came here, to meet him and probably she just looked for someone who gave her a comfortable life. And Arnav was asking himself if her family knew what she did and where she spent her days. Which decent family allows their girls to be all day outside and went back home, late in the evening? She spoke always in high tones about her Babuji, Amma and sister so why didn't she spent more time at home? The only explanation was, they knew what she did and where she was. He could be wrong, but only time will tell.

***

To keep tabs on her, Arnav followed her, wherever she went. He was there in the morning, when she left her home and he was there in the evening, when she walked through the door. In the time between mornings and evenings, she spend every day with him. Still, it was a shocker for Arnav when he followed her one morning and discovered, where Khushi went. Shiyams office wasn't far away from Mandir and as soon as Arnav saw how she walked inside his building he felt his blood boiling. Just when he wanted to follow her and question both about their relationship, she walked back through the entrance and left. She didn't spend more than a minute inside the building but still, a lot could happen. This was the moment when Arnav realized he needed to do something and very fast. What frustrated him was that he didn't have more time and he needed to do something to keep her away from Shiyam, forever. Once he met his Di and she know that he was back in India, there won't be a single second for him to take care of Khushi. She would want to spend a lot of time with him, so who would make sure Khushi and Shiyam won't run away together? No, Arnav needed to take care about the problem and make sure his sister's life won't be destroyed by the selfish girl and his brother-in-law.

***

And now this girl stood in front of him and spoke about a job and how she could find one. Is she asking him to help her? So this was her next step to get him, or what? How comes that she asked a stranger to help her? Maybe her family was behind this? Maybe they told her to say what she has to do or say? Maybe they are all together in this? Maybe they hoped he will give her money without helping her to get a job? Maybe both, Shiyam and him will be victims of this shameless people. He was sick thinking about what her parents probably make their daughter do, to get what they want.

Sending their daughters behind some men for money. How cheap!

At least this would explain why no one cared about a girl who walked back home in the dark. This would explain why she left in the morning. Shit, this would explain everything.

***

It was time to play all cards out. Arnav didn't have time to wait too long. His Di's birthday was coming soon and till then he wanted Khushi far away from Shiyam and the fact that she went to Shiyam's office again showed that she still have contact with him, so Arnav needed to act fast. He looked at her and took her hand in his. It was the first time, since the day he saved her from the truck, that he touched her. It was a soft, nice touch. Her hand was small and felt good in his hand. Maybe he would thik closer about his feelings, if only she wasn't Khushi and he wasn't Arnav.

She looked down on her and his united hands and turned her shocked gaze immediately back to him. In this moment, he knew what he wanted to do.

>>Khushi?<<

He thought precisely about his words because her reaction depended on how good he could sell her his idea.

>>I know everything between us happened fast and I know we don't know each other very well, but do you remember what I told you about destiny?<<

She looked away shy. He needed to give her this. Act, this she could very well.

>>Ji.<<

That was a silent yes. So silent, he couldn'T even hear her response, only assume she said, yes.

>>I think we met out of some reason. What if we were destined to meet? What if our encounter was planned by your Devi Meiya?<<

He used her Devi Meiya on purpose because in the meanwhile he knew Khushi good enough to know her love and submission for her religion. Arnav wasn't religious. After his mother died, he didn't understand the creator and how unfair the life could be. He didn't understand why his mother, a pure soul, has to suffer while his father, a devil, has the best life with the new woman next to him.

>>Arnav ji, what are you talking about? I need a job not som...<<

He didn't let her finish her sentence because he didn't want her to tell him her fantasy stories. In the end, she would be happy because she won't need to do much to get him.

>>No, wait, let me finish.<<

He held her hand firmer in his and tried to act as good as he could.

>>I feel for you like I never felt for anyone before. You are my first thought in the morning and my last in the evening. I come here every day just to see you.<<

He saw deep in her eyes and put everything on one card.

>>Khushi, will you marry me?<<

There was surprise in her eyes but also hope. He saw it, he felt it and he knew he was close.

>>Arnav ji, I need a job. I need it to help my family. If I marry you, I don't think I can help them.<<

There was it, her trap and played the willing victim. Only, in the end, she will be the one, who is going to fell for his trap.

>>Oh don't worry about it. We will manage everything together. I am here for you.<<

Again, there was hope but as a good actress she was, she managed to let him believe she was uncomfortable taking his offer. Smart girl.

>>Arnav ji, this is not right. What's with your family? What will they say?<<

>>Oh, don't worry about this, Khushi. They are going to love you. Just like I do.<<

She looked again surprised but when her face became crimson red, he knew he reached his aim.

>>This is impossible Arnav ji. Please, help me to find a job.<<

>>Khushi I am totally serious.<<

Should she believe him? Could she? Khushi was desperate enough to reconsider his offer. She never thought in her deepest dreams that he would ask her to marry him. How will her family react? What will they say? And how will she explain where she met Arnav ji? They are definitely going to ask her this question.

>>I won't give up Khushi. I want to talk to your parents. I want to propose.<<

Khushi was ashamed after he told her that he wanted to meet with her parents. She didn't want him to know what is going on at home. She needed to convince him to forget about marriage and help her with the job.

>>Listen Arnav ji...<<

And then she got the idea how to bring him away from his wish. She just needed to tell him about the dowry and that her parents are not able to pay it and he will step away from his intention. She didn't want to open about her family or tell him something bad about them, but she needed to do something, to convince him that she is not the right one for him.

>>My parents...I mean...we can't pay the dowry...we are not able at the moment.<<

>>I don't want any dowry. Marry me, Khushi.<<

>>Say yes.<<

Copyright©NilaKeis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4.7K 20
NEW FF !! RISHTE KI DOR .PrologueSome time Destiny plays the Biggest Role in Our Life . Sometime Everythingdoes not happen Like We want .Every Unmarr...
220K 13.9K 88
This is my first ever SUPERNATURAL story. I just am giving it a try as my readers wanted it. Please ignore it if it is not up to your expectations.
308K 12K 22
Love... Yes, he is in Love. He is in love with her from the day she has fallen in his arms. Yes, it is love at first sight indeed. The mighty ASR, w...
505K 26.4K 60
Highest rank: #26 in fanfiction, #1 in Arshi Won "CHARM AWARD" on IPKKND CHARM AWARDS-2K18 **UNEDITED- FIRST DRAFT** "Khushi, at least we can be frie...