The Unpopular Popular Girl

By agamyaa

Aria Montgomery is like any other teenager. She likes her life and is content in it. Not very popular and cer... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 11

5K 249 8
By agamyaa

I was extremely excited about the dinner. I knew that my mom would like, no cross that, I knew that my mom would love Sean. He was so adorable. I mean like very loving. I mean very hot. I mean.... forget it!

I dressed in a light blue dress and let my hair fall down in loose curls around my shoulder. I applied light make-up trying not to overdo it and wore my white heels with it. When I was done I looked at myself in the mirror and was quite proud of myself. I mentally patted my back.

I glanced at the clock it said 7.00. Well thirty minutes to kill. I went down to help my mom but as I reached down I found her sitting on the couch reading a magazine.

"Someone is looking pretty." 

Mom winked at me making me blush.

"Thanks mom. Do you think it's too much?"

I started fumbling around with my hair and dress and she walked towards me and hugged me. 

"You look perfect. I am sure he'll love you."

I saw tears in her eyes and just as I was about to ask she continued, "I am so happy that you found someone Aria. I really am."

I hugged her back fiercely. Both of us stayed in that position for some time then she moved.

"Well we wouldn't want that pretty face of yours to become a mess now. Go sit down."

She pushed me slightly towards the couch.

"But mom I wanted to help you."

"Help me?!"

"Yes."

"Oh my God! It seems like the guy has changed my daughter. Okay okay. I am just kidding. I don't need your help darling I am already done."

"Already?"

"Well I am your mother Aria."

She smiled. And I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh yes of course."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He arrived at dot 7.30 pm. I ran to open the door and stood gaping at him.

Man! He looked hot! He was wearing a crisp blue shirt and dark black jeans with his hair set in a dishevelled manner. I almost drooled.

"Um, Aria. You are drooling." 

Well I guess it wasn't an almost thing. Shit! I drooled? Can someone kick me please!

"What? No. No." 

I started looking everywhere to hide my embarrassment. He laughed and gave me a peck on my lips. I looked at him with wide eyes. 

"What? You look beautiful. I couldn't control myself."

Where does he come up with such lines? He knows exactly what to say at all the right times and he knows exactly how to make me blush. Which is like all the time.

"Whatever. Now come inside before my mom comes to see what's taking so long."

I hid my face from him and started walking when he held my hand and started walking like it was no big deal.

"Well well. Look who's here sharp on time! I must say I am impressed. Hey Sean!"

My mom smiled. She saw our hands and winked at me.

"Hello Mrs Montgomery. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

He stepped forward to shake her hand.

"Oh please call me Sarah." My mom said shaking his hand.

"This for you ma'am. My mom sent it for you and before we begin this wonderful evening I would like to officially ask your permission to take your daughter to my home tomorrow."

I stared at him while my mom just grinned and said, "Of course son, of course."

'Son'? When did that happen? Either I keep spacing out for really long spans of time or I don't really understand anything anymore.

Or I guess it happened the exact same second that Sean gave that dazzling smile of his to my mom combined with his amazing set of manners and yes how can I forget - the gift!

"You can stop gawking now Aria. Escort your guest inside."

I shut my mouth and blushed deeply while they both laughed at my stupidity. How can I be so stupid?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the evening passed in the same fashion with Sean charming my mother and me at the same time. He was amazing. Plain amazing. 

When the time came for him to leave I was actually disappointed. It felt so good, the evening. Everything was perfect. But it had to come to an end.

I walked him to the door while my mom made a lame excuse of having to make an important call. Like really!

"I had a lot of fun today. Your mom is not the way you portray her to be." Sean was leaning against the door frame and staring at me.

Uncomfortable by his gaze I walked to the porch swing and sat down, taking my time to answer him.

"And what might be the way that I portray her?"

"You make her sound like a crazy, overly-protective mom but she is actually pretty cool."

He walked up to me and sat down next to me. I wanted to look into his lovely blue eyes but kept my eyes fixed on the ground.

"Hmm. She is pretty cool but sometimes she gets worked up and let's just say it's something I like to avoid."

"I am sure it isn't like that. But yeah she is your mom and I take your word for it."

"She had to raise me alone and it was difficult for her. It is natural that she is a little over-protective at times and I like to give her no chance to worry. I don't like to see her worried." 

I blinked a few times to hold the tears back.

Sean took my hand and started forming soothing circles on my palm.

"I understand Aria. I didn't mean it that way."

I looked up to see his eyes filled with worry. I realized he meant it and was surprised to get such a reaction from him. I squeezed his hand gently.

"Yeah I know."

I smiled at him and he gave me one of his own sparkling smiles.

"I must say you look very pretty today. Did you dress up for me?" And his smirk was back. It shocked me that I was actually missing it.

"Thanks. And I must say you look pretty dashing yourself." I was careful in avoiding the question.

"I figured that much with the way you were drooling the minute you set your eyes on me." He grinned and ran a hand through his hair.

I tried to look away but his eyes held me in place. I could feel my cheeks heating up but his eyes had an intensity in them which had me hypnotized.

He slowly leaned forward and touched his forehead to mine. 

"Aria." He whispered in a barely audible voice and moved his fingers across my face brushing my already heated cheeks. Our breaths started coming out heavily and it took all my will power to stay in place.

I moved my hand - the one that wasn't in his- to hold his hand in place on my cheek. 

He gently moved forward till our lips were almost touching and stopped, looking into my eyes. I could see all sort of emotions in his deep blue eyes but the one that shocked me the most was fear. What was he afraid of? Unable to voice my question I did the only thing that my entire body screamed at me to do. 

I kissed him.

Slow at first and then with such passion that I was shocked at myself. I didn't know the strength of the passion I felt for him and I doubted if he felt otherwise. 

I felt his lips curl into a smile under mine and he crushed his lips on mine with a passion if not equal then greater than mine. All the doubts I had faded away that very instant and soon we both were panting because of the lack of oxygen in our bodies.

I giggled unable to control myself while he stared at me.

"Aria? Is everything alright?"

He looked worried and another bubble of giggles escaped me. 

"I-I." I couldn't get an entire sentence out and continued giggling. He waited for me to compose myself then looked at me questioningly.

"I am fine." I gasped breathless from the laughing and the kiss too.

"What just happened to you then?"

"Nothing. I mean I don't know. I guess I find this situation very funny." 

"And why is that?" He cocked a perfect eyebrow.

"Well. This is exactly the kind of thing every girl dreams about and I always thought I was different. I used to think these kind of things existed only in stories but I guess I was wrong." 

"And?"

"And nothing. I mean I like all this and I was just thinking about the things I used to say when I thought that this.." I gestured my free hand towards our linked one. ".. this won't affect me. Only if I knew how wrong I was back then."

"Hmm.. So in what way does it affect you babe?" He winked at me and I realized how stupidly I had just admitted to my feelings there. Great now all I needed was a big board with a sign that said 'I am smitten by Sean'! What is wrong with me these days!

"No way. I was just kidding." I looked away only to be pulled into his arms. Man was he strong! I could feel his taut chest muscles under my arm and tried not to think about how firm and warm they were.

"You know I like it when you tell me your feelings." He whispered in my ear making my entire body tingle with feeling. He ran one of his finger down my arm making me shiver and continued, "If only you knew the affect you had on me."

I was stunned to hear those words. Me? I had an affect on him? He was affected by me! Whoa! I was whopping with joy when he pulled away from me.

I was suddenly cold without his body around mine. I looked in his eyes and thought I saw something there before he changed his expression. Had I imagined it? I guess so.

"Well. I guess it's time for me to leave now. I shouldn't keep you out for long 'cause we wouldn't want your mom to start thinking things now, right?" He winked at my horrified expression.

Yes. I had completely forgotten about that. My mom! Shit! How long had I been out here?

"Calm down Aria. We have been here only for 10 minutes now. No need to let your brain go on overdrive now." He chuckled clearly amused at my foolishness. 

Our time had come to an end and I internally groaned.

"Now now. I'll see you soon. There is no need to be so sad."

Well maybe not so internally.

"I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow. Night Aria."

He gave me a quick peck on my cheek and walked away. I kept staring after him for a while and then walked inside because of the cold. 

I was so excited for tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 55 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
4.6M 3K 5
Normal? What was normal even Adrian? High school is the time to take it easy before life really hits. Or that's the theory... If he were human. Not o...
3.8K 1.7K 56
[UNEDITED] Angles of Cliches. What happens when you start falling for your best friend's crush? What happens when the crush of your best friend start...
59.4K 1.2K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...