All I Ever Wanted Was You...

By humnaaahmed

[SLOWLY RE-WRITING] This book is previously known as 'PATH TO DESTINY.' Book one of the 'Benson Series.' *♥️... More

CHARACTERS.🌸
1|| His Daughter.
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
THE REMAINING CAST.🌸
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 18.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25.
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37. (A)
CHAPTER 37. (B)
CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
CHAPTER 40. (A)
CHAPTER 40. (B)
A/N.

CHAPTER 21.

16.1K 475 3
By humnaaahmed

ENJOY.🌸

It's time Van. You should talk to your parents now. It's been one fucking month since you talked to them! I cursed myself and walked towards my bed. I picked my phone up and nervously dialed my dad's number. I was about to cancel the call when my dad answered.

"Hello?" Oh, God. I miss you, dad. I rocked myself to and fro and the tears gathered in my eyes but I didn't let them roll down my cheeks.

"D-dad...." I said, letting my tears fall down my cheeks.

"V-Vanessa...is that...you?" I could sense him crying as his voice cracked and caught in his throat. So does mine.

I shook my head up and down. "Y-yes. It's me...d-dad..." My voice cracked.

He heavily sighed. "B-baby. Thank god! You called us. Oh God. Where have you been my child? You have no idea how much your mom and I miss you." He said in a relaxed tone.

I slowed down my pace and sat on the bed. "D-dad, I am in New York. I miss you too dad and I am sorry for what I did." I slowly said, wiping off my tears.

"I am sorry to honey for asking you to marry." His voice was barely audible to my ears.

"N-no dad please...don't say...sorry. I should be the one...saying sorry. I feel...so bad about leaving you....both. I am...really sorry dad." I couldn't stop my tears from falling. They kept on falling down my eyes as if someone has let the water tap opened.

"Hey. It's okay honey. I know how much you love us and I also knew you would call us one day. So will you come back to us?" He asked, making me bite my nails in distress.

I smiled. "I love you both so much, dad. Yeah. I will come to Daisy's wedding. Aly told me that you both knew that we are in contact. She even told me you planned Daisy's wedding earlier because you wanted me to come. You know how much I have waited for her wedding." I said as I dramatically roll my eyes.

"I am so content to hear that you will come. Yeah, I always knew Alyssa knows where you are but we didn't force her to tell us. I am sorry for doing that, I just wanted to see you have you around us. I know what I did was selfish but I couldn't stop myself from doing that." The anguish he felt came pouring out of his voice.
Oh, Dad.

"Dad you don't need to feel bad about it. It's okay even if you did it. I missed your voice dad. I miss you. I can't wait to finally meet you all again." I said smiling widely.

I played with my hair.
"I miss you too, honey. So...you will stay with us?" He asked.

"No dad. I will be there for the wedding only. I'll leave after the wedding is over." I said with no emotion in my voice.

"Oh...so you won't stay with us then?" He sounded unhappy.

I got up from the bed, making my way towards the window. "I am sorry dad but I have a job and I can't just leave it."

"Is this Vanessa speaking?" My dad joked, making my eyes open wide in surprise.

I chuckled. "Yeah dad, it's me, Vanessa. I work as an assistant. I work for Tyler Benson...." He interrupted me.

"Wait? Who are you talking about?" He asked in disarray.

I rubbed my free hand on my arms, comforting myself. "You heard me, dad. Tyler Benson, Aric Benson's son, your friend." I said clearing his confusion.

"Oh My God, Are you serious? How long have you been working for him and does he know you are the girl he was to marry too?" He sounded serious.

I threw my free hand and walked back to my bed. "It's been a month dad and no he doesn't know anything about me. I changed my name, even my look. I can't believe the guy you wanted me to marry would be my boss, would be in the same country. Only his best friend, Noah knows." I said smiling at Noah's name.

I pulled my legs on the bed and crossed them. "Oh...so are you willing to tell him? Does he love you or anything?" My dad asked out of curiosity.

I threw my legs down when I heard the L-word. I nervously replied. "Yeah...I will after...coming....back. Well, I do...sort of...like him....dad. But I don't....know....about him. He....was in... love with...some girl" I rolled my eyes recalling their so-called relation.

"But they broke up." A smile formed on my lips.

"I guess...he is still...trying...to get over her," I muttered.

"Great! If you like him, don't let your feelings getaway. He will soon get over her. Don't worry my child. Everything will be okay." I could feel him smiling.

"I hope so... anyway dad. Where is a mom?" I asked totally forgetting about her. I slapped my forehead.

"She is sleeping. Should I wake her up?"

"No. No. It's fine. Don't tell her that I will be there at the wedding. Just carry on with the act. Act as if you never talked to me. I want to surprise her." I grinned.

"Sure honey. Goodnight. Love you and take care."

"Goodnight dad. Love you too." With that, I hung up and heavily sighed. I can't believe I actually talked to my dad. It wasn't that bad the way; I was thinking it would be. Aly was right he didn't say anything related to my marriage. I just can't wait to meet them. I miss them so much. I should tell Noah about this.

I walked out of my room and shut the door behind me. I glanced at Tyler's room and saw his door opened half. I marched towards his room and peeked. I saw him sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. I grew anxious. Before I could step in, he wiped his tears off his face and lay down on the bed, covering himself with the duvet. He turned his back to me and drifted to sleep. I wanted to ask him why he was crying. Was he still missing that bitch? Why was he hiding so much pain in himself? Why can't he just open up to me?

But instead, I slowly shut his door and made my way towards the stairs. I marched towards Noah's room. I knocked it twice but no response came so I moved towards his study room, thinking he might be in there. I knocked on the door and within seconds Noah opened it.

"Come in," Noah said, moving out of the way.

I smiled at him as I made my way into his study room. I comfortably seated myself on the couch and Noah moved back to his chair.

I silently toyed with my fingers. "Couldn't sleep?" Noah asked making me look at him.

"No. I-miss my...family, Noah," I mumbled. My tears started to build at the corner of my eyes but didn't let them roll down my cheeks. I heard the moving of chair and looked at Noah; he walked over to me and sat beside me. He took my hands in his and squeezed them.

"Why don't you talk to them, Van?" Noah said with concern in his voice.

"I just did," I said, facing him. His green eyes staring into my blue ones.

"Then why are you upset?" He asked rubbing my knuckles.

I let go of my hands from his hold. "I am upset because I miss them. I know I just talk to my dad but...." I muttered.

Noah placed his index finger under my chin, making me look at him "You can cry Van, only then you can fish out the pain you are going through."

Noah has already seen me crying. It won't be bad if I will cry in front of him again. He is right if I have to get rid of this pain, I will have to cry. Sometimes letting your eyes get wet is all you can do. Without saying anything, I placed my head on his shoulder and cried my eyes out.

He took my hands in his and caressed my knuckles. We stayed like that for a while. After I felt like my pain was slowly and gradually moving out, I removed my head from his shoulder and wiped my tears. I looked at him and smiled weakly.

"Thank you... Noah for still... staying by.... my side." I said between sobs.

He rubbed my shoulders. "Hey! I would never leave your side, Van. You are my only girl-friend. I can't let you go. We will always be best of friends. No matter what happens I will never leave your side. I don't care whether you lied about yourself. I will always be here for you." I looked directly into his eyes and I saw nothing but concern and sincerity in his green eyes.

I looked down at my hands and nervously played with them. "I...can't express... how much...blessed I...am to have...such an amazing... a friend in my...life," I said while sobbing. I heard the shuffling on the couch and when I looked at Noah, I saw him grabbing a tissue and handed over it to me.

"See you finally accepted that I am amazing." He laughed and I playfully slapped on his shoulder, wiping my tears.

"So when will you tell Tyler?" He asked completely changing the subject.

"Tell what?" I looked at him in confusion.

"That you are his future wife." He shrugged.

"I will once I am back from my sister's wedding," I said looking everywhere but him.

"Great. So am I invited?" He said making me face him again.

"No." I joked.

"Oh." He said as he looked down.

I took his hands in mine. "Hey! I was just joking. You can come with me." I said as a smile formed on my lips.

"I already booked a ticket for you." He said surprising me.

I lose the grip on his hand, keeping them to myself. "What? When? Why for me alone? You are not coming?"

He shook his head up and down. "Yes, This Friday. Your sister's wedding is after two weeks right?" I nodded.

"Great. So you can enjoy those two weeks with her." He said, smiling at me.

"Thank you, Noah. But what about Tyler?"

"Don't worry. I will talk to him." He assured me.

"So will you come?" I asked with hope in my voice. Please say yes. Please...

"I will see." Hmm.

"What do you mean you will see?" I unhappily asked.

"It's because of work, Van but I'll still try my best." He said rubbing his hands together.

I didn't say anything and looked another way.

"Hey! I promise, will try my best." He said grabbing my attention. I looked at him, still hoping if he would say yes.

"If not you can...kill me?" He closed his one eye, making me chuckle.

What's a better deal than that?

"Deal?" I asked, stretching my hand for a promissory handshake.

He chuckled. "Deal." He said shaking my hand.

I rubbed my hands on my thighs. "Okay, it's already late. I have to go now. See you tomorrow, Noah."

I got up from the couch, making my way towards the door. I stopped in midway when Noah called me.

"Yeah,"

"When will you tell Tyler?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"I already told..." He interrupted me.

"Not that." He said walking towards me.

"Then what are you talking about, Noah?" I asked in utter confusion, still not getting what he is trying to say.

"I am talking about your feelings for him." He said in one go, making me a shock. How does he know that?

All of a sudden, I felt nervous. "W-what? I-don't h-have a-any. Why would you ask that?" I stuttered.

"Oh come on, Van! I know you have feelings for him and he does too." He said throwing his hands in the air, then back to his sides while I stood there dumbly staring at him. Wait? Did he just say Tyler too have feelings for me? Oh My God. Tyler does feel the same about me.

"What? He does?" My cheeks felt hot and I twitched my lips, trying my best not to smile. Noah is not dumb, Van! He knows how happy that made you. I shyly looked down.

"Yeah," I raised my head and listened to his every word.

"I saw it in his eyes. The way he looks at you when you are not looking. The way he talks about you. The way he smiles when you are smiling. The way he gets jealous when I am so close to you. I know him more than he knows himself. I know he likes you." He said with a genuine smile plastered on his face. I must be looking like a tomato. My cheeks hurt from constant blushing and I know Noah has already seen it.

The only thing I don't like about him is that he always finds out what other person is hiding. I sighed, agreeing with him. Even if I lied or didn't accept my feelings for Tyler, he would still find out. Maybe he knows me too more than I know myself.

"I know you always find out if I am lying or not. Yes! I do have feelings for him. I wasn't sure about him. I didn't want to make a fool out of myself, going and confessing what I feel for him. Even If I tried telling him, what if he would have laughed at me? I still feel like he is not over, Amber. Before coming to you, I saw him crying. Maybe... because of that bitch. But deep down my heart, I know he too feels the same about me. Like I do. Now that you have told me, I will tell him once I am back." I smiled at him.

He took my hands in his. "No. I know him more than he knows himself. He has gotten over that bitch. So don't worry about that. Anyway, I am happy for both of you. You both would make a perfect couple."

"Thank you, Noah. Goodnight." I said smiling ear to ear.

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams about, Ty." I chuckled and left his study room. I took the stairs and glanced at Tyler's room. The door was shut. He is still asleep. I marched towards my room, shutting the door behind me and climbed on my bed and drifted off to sleep.

A/N: She finally talked to her dad. God, I love Voah! Vote! Comment! Share! Thank you for reading. Lots of love.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 12.6K 36
TODAY: NO, I can't stay here. I should go out from here at any cost. But how? I am sure they will keenly watching me, and i should think of any othe...
225K 8.1K 28
Lillian Livingston (23), is an independent, well mannered, beautiful and an innocent girl who has life planned out perfectly. She wants nothing more...
111K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
272K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...