All I Ever Wanted Was You...

By humnaaahmed

[SLOWLY RE-WRITING] This book is previously known as 'PATH TO DESTINY.' Book one of the 'Benson Series.' *♥️... More

CHARACTERS.🌸
1|| His Daughter.
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3.
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15.
CHAPTER 16.
THE REMAINING CAST.🌸
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 19.
CHAPTER 20.
CHAPTER 21.
CHAPTER 22.
CHAPTER 23.
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25.
CHAPTER 26.
CHAPTER 27.
CHAPTER 28.
CHAPTER 29.
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31.
CHAPTER 32.
CHAPTER 33.
CHAPTER 34.
CHAPTER 35.
CHAPTER 36.
CHAPTER 37. (A)
CHAPTER 37. (B)
CHAPTER 38.
CHAPTER 39.
CHAPTER 40. (A)
CHAPTER 40. (B)
A/N.

CHAPTER 18.

17.4K 495 3
By humnaaahmed

ENJOY.🌸

"You don't know how much in pain I been through in letting her go. I have been through hell Emily. It's a saying 'NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER' and you just did that. I just wanted to apologize for what I did. I haven't slept peacefully since Amber left me. But you just can't understand how much pain is there in my heart." Tyler said pointing towards his heart. Wait was he about to cry? Tyler Benson and crying? No way!

"You know what? I don't fucking care about you forgiving me or not! I thought apologizing to you would make you think that I am not an asshole but I don't think so you deserve seeing who I really am. I am an asshole right?" I shook my head in disbelief. I was about to say he was getting me wrong but he showed me his hand, making me shut.

"That's what you think. Fine, I WILL KEEP BEING AN ASSHOLE TO YOU MISS EMILY MARTIN!" He bawled at me, making me startled. He left from there leaving me speechless. I stood there dumbly watching him go. I so wanted to run behind him, stop him from going and tell him that whatever he said was not right. Okay, half of it. I always used to think he was an asshole but from past few days, my perception regarding him changed.

I wanted to tell him that he is not the same Tyler, I once met. He is hiding that nice Tyler behind his anger. I started liking him. I still do. Not the one who just shouted at me and left me speechless. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why do I always have to bring that bitch into our conversation? Why can't I see it in his eyes how much pain he is hiding behind his anger. He was about to open up to me. You are an idiot, Vanessa.

Finally, he was about to open his heart to me but no I have to mess it up. I hurriedly grabbed my phone and notebook and left the conference room. I knocked on his door and after he said to come in, I entered his office. I saw him took a glance at my direction but directed his gaze back to the laptop. Shutting the door behind me, I made my way towards him. I stood in front, impatiently tapping my feet.

"Stop doing that." I smiled. At least he said something, rather than just sitting behind his desk and ignoring me.
Karma is a bitch. Logan was right. Whatever Tyler wanted to do before when I was ignoring him. Now I want to do the same.

"Um...Tyler...I am...sorry for what I said...before."

"I am your boss, not your fucking friend. Don't you ever call me by the first name!" He said still looking at his laptop, with anger clear in his voice.

"But..." He interrupted me.

"No ifs and buts Miss Martin. Get ready till seven. We have a celebration party today." He said while getting up. He grabbed his coat which was on the chair. He tucked his phone into his pocket and passed by me.

I took long strides towards him but failed miserably when I fell down. Ahh...these fucking heels. He turned around and frowned.

"Don't wear such heels if you can't walk in them, Miss Martin." He said giving me his hand. I smiled at him but he looked another way. My smile soon faded and I got up, deliberately throwing myself at him. See I told you, when someone ignores you, you start doing stupid things to gain their attention. He took a few steps back, creating distance between us.

"Be careful, Miss Martin ." He said while checking his wristwatch.

"Would you please stop calling me Miss Martin ? You are being so annoying." I said in frustration.

"Get ready till seven." He said and made his way towards the door, while I stood there watching him leave. I took off my heels and grabbed my phone and notebook, exiting his office. I rushed towards my office ignoring all the weird gazes people were passing me. I entered my office, keeping the notebook on the desk. I grabbed my purse and left my office. I was still barefoot, running like a crazy girl, with my heels in my left hand, towards the elevator.

When I reached the ground floor, I saw Tyler waiting for me in his car. The guard, whom I didn't pass a smile, opened the door for me. I climbed in the car. He shut the door and sat in the passenger seat. The driver turned on the engine and we drove off. I looked at Tyler and saw him typing something on his phone. Still ignoring me? Huh.

I placed my shoes on the seat but instantly threw them down when Tyler glared at me. None of us said anything during the whole journey. Soon we arrived at his penthouse; both the guards opened the door for both of us. We moved out of the car and walked in his penthouse. Tyler went straight to his room, while I went to Noah's room. I knocked at his door. Not getting any response back, I went downstairs.

I entered my room, locking the door behind me. I kept my heels under the bed and walked straight to my bathroom. After having one long bath, I moved out of the bathroom. I glanced at the clock. I still have one and a half an hour. I changed into my lose shirts and shorts and climbed onto my bed. I set my alarm for six-thirty and drifted off to sleep.

++++

"Shut up! I am getting up." I groan in sleep, slowly opening my eyes and shutting my alarm off. I yawned and stretched my hands. I lazily got up from the bed and marched towards the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. After exiting my bathroom, I went to my closet, changed into a floor-length black chiffon dress with a slit reaching up to the knees. I went towards the mirror and applied smoky makeup, with dark red lipstick. I curled my hair and let them fall onto my shoulder.

I went back to my closet, grabbing the black heals and wore them. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I looked so change after all I applied makeup after so long. You look sexy, Van. My subconscious complimented. I glanced at my reflection for the final look and smiled at myself. I grabbed my phone, keeping it in my clutch and left my room.

In front of my room was a living room then the kitchen and to the right Tyler's room and study room. There were two more rooms along with mine. I directed my gaze to the stairs when I heard the footsteps. I was surprised to see Noah. He looked so handsome in his blue blazer with a white shirt underneath. His hair was neatly pushed back. He looked like a model. Well...he does look like one. But right now, he was looking way too handsome. Wasn't he sick? I took steps towards him while he took steps towards me.

"Noah! Why are you roaming around?"
I asked with concern.

"I am coming with you guys." He said looking at me from head to toe. He smirked before saying.

"You look beautiful." He winked at me.

I chuckled. "Thanks. You too look handsome." He moved his right leg back, his left hand out and bowed down.

"It's my pleasure and I always do." I laughed and slapped on his shoulder.

Before I could ask Noah how was he feeling now? Tyler called him. I didn't see him as Noah was blocking the view. When Noah turned around, I saw him looking handsome as always. He also wore black blazer underneath it was a black plain shirt. We are twinning actually. His hair was still the same as it was in the afternoon. It looked like he didn't change it.

"Hey bro," Noah said hugging him while I looked at them in confusion.

"Don't look at us like that Em. We always hug, when we don't see each other for way too long." Noah said clearing my confusion. I just smiled at him and directed my gaze at Tyler who was staring at me. He immediately looked away.
But I caught you, Ty. Did I just say, Ty? Yeah, I did. Well, that sounds cool!

"Look! You guys are twinning." Noah said pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I just noticed." I chuckled.

"You guys can talk later. We are getting late." Tyler said with a serious expression on his face. Was he still mad? Oh God, No!

Tyler was about to leave when Noah grabbed his hand making him stop.

"What is it now Noah?" Tyler annoyingly asked.

"You didn't say anything about how Emily looks," Noah said narrowing his eyes at him.

He looked at me, from head to toe. "Yeah, She looks...fine." He plainly said.

"What? I look fine? That's not how you compliment a lady, Mr. Benson!" It was me who said it. Noah chuckled while Tyler raised his eyebrow.

"Forget it. Noah, come let's go." I encircled my hands around Noah's arms, leaving surprised Tyler behind.

Noah opened the car door for me, making me sit. He pulled the part of my dress which was laying on the ground, over to me. I smiled at him and he smiled back, shutting the door. I was waiting for Noah to join me in the back seat, but he winked at me before climbing into the other car. I looked out of the window in confusion and soon my blue eyes met with the grey eyes. I nervously looked forward. So, it's me and Tyler, then. Noah did it again. He again put me in an awkward situation. I heard the opening of the door but didn't bother looking at Tyler. Soon he was seated and then we drove off.

I heard the knock on the door. After I said come in, I saw Emily entering in my office, but soon directed my gaze back to the laptop. She shut the door behind her and made her way towards me. She stood in front, impatiently tapping her feet.
Stop pissing me off, Emily.

"Stop doing that," I said, gritting my teeth and looked over her shoulder. Not daring to look in her ocean blue eyes.

"Um...Tyler...I am...sorry for what I said...before."

"I am your boss, not your fucking friend. Don't you ever call me by the first name." I said in anger, still not looking at her.

"But..." I interrupted her.

"No ifs and buts Miss Martin. Get ready till seven. We have a celebration party today." I said while getting up. I grabbed my coat which was on the chair. Tucking my phone into my pocket, I passed by her not even glancing at her for once.

I turned around and frowned, when I saw Emily on the floor, rubbing her ankles.

"Don't wear such heels if you can't walk in them, Miss Martin," I said giving her my hand. She smiled at me but I looked another way. She intentionally threw herself on me. What is wrong with her? I took a few steps back, creating distance between us.

"Be careful, Miss Martin," I said while checking my wristwatch. I know how much calling her miss along with her name was pissing her.

"Would you please stop calling me Miss Martin? You are being so annoying." She said in frustration. See I told you. I smirked internally.

"Get ready till seven," I said and made my way towards the door, leaving her behind. How does it feel like being ignored now? Huh! You are messing with the wrong guy, Emily. I reached my car and the driver opened the door for me. I sat in my car, pulling the phone out of my pocket. I messaged Noah.

Me: I hope you are feeling okay now. We have a celebration party at Logan's. Emily and I will be leaving at seven. Do you want to join us?

Within seconds, Noah replied to me.

Noah: Yeah bro! I am feeling much better now. I will join you both. When will you be home?

Me: Great. I am in the car, waiting for Emily. We will be there in 20 minutes.

I heard the opening of the door but didn't bother looking at Emily.

Noah: Okay. See you then. Do not disturb me when you are home, I am taking a nap.

Me: See you too.

I glared at Emily when I saw her placing her heels on the seat. She instantly throws them down. I checked my other messages and social accounts. Soon we arrived at the penthouse; both the guards opened the door for both of us. We moved out of the car and walked in the penthouse. I went straight to my room, while Emily went upstairs. I didn't bother telling her about Noah taking a nap.

When I entered my room, I took off my coat and threw it on the bed. I walked straight to my bathroom and sat in my bathtub for I don't know how long. After leaving my bathroom, I glanced at the clock. It was six-fifteen. I still have time. I sat on the bed with my towel wrapped around me.

I opened my Instagram and searched for Emily. I didn't find anything. I grew suspicious. How come she doesn't have an Instagram? I checked her Facebook; still, she was nowhere to be found. I grew more suspicious. How come she doesn't have any social accounts? Why do I care if she has it or not? Ugh.

I threw my phone on the bed in frustration and walked towards my closet. I changed into my black blazer with a black plain shirt underneath it. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and set my hair. After I was done setting my hair, I grabbed my shoes and wore them. I walked back to my bed, grabbed my phone, tucking it in my pocket. When I left my room, I saw Noah and Emily talking. I called for Noah. Noah turned around and hugged me.

"Hey bro," Noah said hugging him while I saw Emily looking at us in confusion. Soon Noah broke the hug and turned to face Emily.

"Don't look at us like that Em. We always hug, when we don't see each other for a way too long." Noah said clearing her confusion. Whoa! She looks so beautiful. God, that dress fits her so well. Her cleavage is almost showing making me a bit angry. Why does she have to show her cleavage? There would be sick people staring at her. I so wanted to cover her up, to protect her from horny men. I pushed the thought behind. She just smiled at Noah and caught me staring at her. I immediately looked away.

"Look you guys are twinning." Noah said, making me look at him.

"Yeah, I just noticed." Emily chuckled.

"You guys can talk later. We are getting late." I said with a serious expression on my face, looking everywhere but Emily.

I was about to turn and leave when Noah grabbed my hand and made me stop.

"What is it now Noah?" I annoyingly asked.

"You didn't say anything about how Emily is looking," Noah said narrowing his eyes at me.

I looked at Emily, from head to toe. "Yeah, She looks...fine." I lied. She looks hot!

"What? I look fine? That's not how you compliment a lady, Mr. Benson!"

Emily said, with a hurt expression on her face. I know my words offended her. But I can't tell her the truth. Noah chuckled and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Forget it. Noah, let's go." She encircled her hands around Noah's arms, taking me by surprise. How bad I wanted to be the one holding her hands.

When I left my house, I saw Emily looking out of the window in confusion. She looked at the front when her eyes met mine. I walked to the other side of the car, Jack opened the door me. I climbed in the car and we drove off.

A/N: My babies are twinning!
Vote! Comment! Share! Thank you for reading.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 32.1K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...
395K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
2.5M 86K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
265K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...