Loving You / Paul Lahote - [...

By apollosmeatballs

*COMPLETED*Ashley Cullen was just a baby when she and her birth parents were in a horrible car accident. Rosa... More

Prologue - [EDITED]
1 - [EDITED]
2 - [EDITED]
3 - [EDITED]
4 - [EDITED]
5 - [EDITED]
6 - [EDITED]
7 - [EDITED]
8 - [EDITED]
9 - [EDITED]
10 - [EDITED]
11 - [EDITED]
12 - [EDITED]
13 - [EDITED]
14 - [EDITED]
16 - [EDITED]
17 - [EDITED]
18 - [EDITED]
19 - [EDITED]
20 - [EDITED]
21 - [EDITED]
22 - [EDITED]
23 - [EDITED]
24 - [EDITED]
25 - [EDITED]
26 - [EDITED]
27 - [EDITED]
28 - [EDITED]
29 - [EDITED]
30 - [EDITED]
31 - [EDITED]
32 - [EDITED]
33 - [EDITED]
34 - [EDITED]
35 - [EDITED]
Epilogue - [EDITED]

15 - [EDITED]

6.3K 142 7
By apollosmeatballs

Ashley didn't anticipate how mad her father would be once she'd seen him after everything.  

Once she and her mother arrived at the house Ashley was waiting for a warm family dynamic, after the last months the family had been through, instead, she got pinned down by her father the minute she walked inside the house. 

"What were you thinking Ashley?" Emmett interjected to his daughter. 

Ashley took a deep breath. "Aunt Alice decided to come and see if Bella was alright, so I decided to join her," 

Emmett huffed. "Aunt Alice is an adult who can decide things, you're still a kid!" 

It was Ashley's turn to huff and roll her eyes now. "I'm eighteen, Dad! Legally I'm an adult who can make her own decisions!" Ashley fought back and Emmett stood speechless for a while, he knew she was right and he didn't have any counterpoints.

"Honey, I think we all know what this is about, so let's get to the real thing that bugs you, and then we can get over it," Rosalie finally joined in on the conversation, rubbing her husband's shoulder. 

Then she turned to her daughter. "He's just angry that, after we found out you left with Alice and then she left here, you were still here, with him," 

Emmett clenched his teeth with the mention of Paul and Ashley just glared at her father. 

"Dad! How long is it going to take you to accept it? He's my boyfriend! We're together and I'm not planning on ending it. Look, I don't expect you to welcome him with open arms with everything that has happened, but can you at least act civilized and tolerate it? Like Mom does?"

Emmett rolled his eyes and turned around. "I'm going hunting," he finally said after a couple of minutes of silence. Rosalie looked at him then to her daughter with a sad look. 

After he left Rosalie came by her Ashley's side. "Better luck next time, I hope," she said and Ashley nodded.

"What's going on?" Another voice came in. 

It was a voice Ashley hadn't heard in a long time. She was still mad after the little fight with her father and now hearing him just fueled her. She glared at the source of the voice. 

"Uh, nothing much, just trying to clean up the mess you've caused!" She gritted through her teeth.

Edward was heartbroken over Ashley's words. He knew that she was just taking her anger out on him, justifiable of course, but he wanted to make things better. 

"You know, I'm not a mind reader like you, but I know my daughter. Ooh, Edward, you have a lot to do to make up to her," Rosalie said, crossing her arms over her chest and giving Edward a challenging look. 

Edward groaned. "I know Rosalie," he said. Rosalie huffed then turned around to go out, to join her husband. 

That night Edward had brought Bella to the Cullen house. Bella had expressed her interest in becoming a vampire and Edward didn't want that. 

Of course, that decision would have to affect the family as well, so it had to be put up for a vote. Apparently, that was what Bella had in mind as well, given if the family voted yes, Edward would have to do it.

Ashley was almost asleep when she heard the car coming. After peeking down from her window and seeing Bella, she decided it had to be something important or at least interesting that she'd be here at this hour. 

She quickly changed out of her pajamas. By the time she entered the room, everyone was there. 

"Oh, so Edward is having a family meeting without me? How thoughtful!" Ashley said glaring at an already miserable-looking Edward as she walked towards her parents. 

"It's not what you think Ashy," Edward said but Ashley shushed him. 

"You lost the privilege to call me that,"

Rosalie chuckled at Edward and he gave him a glare. Then the whole family looked at Bella who looked anxious as she stood before them. 

"You all know what I want, and I know how much I am asking for," she started. "The only thing that I can think of to be fair is just to vote," she continued as Rosalie glared at her. 

"You don't know what you're talking about," Edward mumbled but Bella shushed him off. "Shut up!"Alice smiled at the interaction which gained Bella's attention.

"Alice?" Bella asked her hopefully. 

Alice walked up to Bella to hug her. "I already consider you my sister, yes," she said and Bella thanked her. 

"I vote yes too, I'd be really nice not wanting to kill you every time," Jasper spoke up. Bella scoffed and nodded her head. 

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry to both of you, for how I acted, and I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother, but this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself, not for my daughter, not for anyone and I wish there'd been someone to vote no for me, so, no," Rosalie said. Ashley hugged her mom as she knew the basic story of her when she was human.

"I vote, hell yeah," Emmett said then ran to give Bella a hug and then spin her around. "We can pick up fights with these Volturi some other way," he continued. 

Before anyone got a chance to say anything else Esme spoke up. "I already consider you a part of the family, yes," she said with a smile. Then Carlisle took a step forwards towards Edward, which stood behind Bella. 

"Why are you doing this to me?" Edward finally spoke up, his misery read on his voice. "You know what this means," Edward continued but Carlisle cut him off. 

"You chose not to live without her, which leaves me no choice, I won't lose my son," he said which indicated he said yes as well.

Then Bella turned to Ashley. Even though she wasn't a vampire she was still a part of the family and this would include and affect her as well. 

At the moment Ashley was pissed at Edward. For all of the shitty things, he had done to her. He had made her and Paul get separated. She wanted him to feel the same kind of a pain but he already did when they left. But still, she wanted to torture him. 

After a deep breath, Ashley looked up at first Bella and then Edward. "I vote yes too," she said and glared at her uncle. 

The next couple of days were as peaceful as they came.  Edward stayed out of Ashley's way, just like she wanted, and instead spent time with Bella. 

Then, on the first weekend that the Cullen's were officially back, he took Bella to see her mother and stepdad. Of course, this was the part without all the drama. Victoria, the tracker vampire James's mate was a threat.

Ashley told the family that while they were gone she came a few times and then after they moved back she came back again. This was alarming for the Cullens. They knew that she wanted to hurt them. 

Alice had a vision that Victoria would come back the same weekend that Edward took Bella to see her mom. Of course the only part they told Ashley was Victoria was coming, sometimes, and she needed to be extra careful. 

On the morning of Edward and Bella's arrival, somehow Ashley ended up picking them up from the airport. She knew that Edward did that as a scheme or something to talk to her and she wasn't going to let him win. 

Since their flight landed early so they wouldn't miss school, Ashley had to get up early and drive for a while. Because of that, she went to sleep early.

"Hey Ashley, thanks for picking us up," Bella said as she sat next to Ashley in the car. Edward took the back seat. 

"Yeah, no problem," Ashley mumbled as she started driving. 

During the road, she and Bella made small talk. Edward didn't participate but since he could read Ashley's mind he usually chimed in with her reaction. In response, Ashley thought of things that'd anger Edward to keep him out or at least annoy him.

When they arrived at Forks Bella asked Ashley whether they could stop at her house while she changed and grabbed her school equipment. Given that they still had time Ashley accepted. 

Ashley expected Edward to go with Bella but instead, he stayed in the car. She just huffed in annoyance. 

"Ashley, I'm sorry," Edward said. Ashley didn't answer. 

"Really, I am, I know I fucked up bad, and I, I was selfish. I acted on my behalf without thinking of the family and you. From the bottom of my heart I am really sorry." he said. 

"Well, at least you know your fault," Ashley shot back. 

"You mean so much to me and the way our relationship is at the moment hurts me, when I'd call the past months and they'd told me the way you were, it crushed me. I felt and still am feeling so guilty over the way I made you and caused you pain, because of my actions," he said.

Ashley didn't answer and Bella got back in the car. "I'm back, we can go," Bella said. She caught the awkward tension in the car but decided to stay silent. 

The drive to school was silent since no one spoke up. Until Ashley parked. Edward looked out of the window suspiciously then turned to the girls. 

"Would you stay in the car if I asked you to?" he said then got out of the car.

The girls looked at each other and then quickly followed Edward. Edward looked at them then turned around, grimacing his face. "Of course not," he mumbled. 

Then the three started walking towards the school where Ashley and Bella finally spotted Jacob.

"Hey," Bella greeted him as he walked towards them. 

"Charlie said you left town," Jacob said as if he was asking a question. 

"Yeah, to visit my Mom. Why?" Bella asked nonchalantly. 

Edward chuckled beside them. "He's just checking to see if you are still human," he shot at Jacob. 

Jacob took a deep breath and turned to Edward. "Look, I'm here to warn you," he said sternly. Edward rolled his eyes while Ashley and Bella gave each other another confused look.  ,

"If your kind comes into our land again," Jacob continued but Bella and Ashley cut him off, asking "Wait, what?" at the same time.

Jacob looked at Edward with his eyes squinted. "You didn't tell them?" he asked in disbelief. 

Edward shook his head. "Just leave it alone Jacob," he growled. 

"Tell us what?" Bella asked Edward. 

He turned to Bella. "Emmett and Paul, last night they had a misunderstanding," 

" What?" Ashley exclaimed. "My dad and Paul? What kind of misunderstanding Edward?" 

Edward shrugged. "It's nothing to worry about, I swear," he said. 

Jacob scoffed. "Listen to you, did you lie to get Bella out of town too?" he said angrily as he took a step towards Edward. 

"Just, leave, now," Edward gritted through his teeth. 

"They have a right to know, Bella's the one the redhead wants," Jacob said calmly but as if he was threatening Edward.

"Victoria?" Bella asked in disbelief. She didn't know anything about it and Ashley bit her lip anxiously. 

Edward closed his eyes as he turned to Bella. " Alice's vision," Bella mumbled. 

E"I was trying to protect you," Edward said.

Bella scoffed. "By lying to me?"

It was time for Ashley to join in on the conversation for more than just exclamations. "Is that why you guys had me pick you up from the airport? So I would go to sleep early and be safely away from everything that's going on? Wow, great, you are just adding up your mistakes Eddy, and here I was almost considering to forgive you after your heartfelt speech, geez!" Ashley exclaimed and started to walk towards her car. 

Edward didn't have time to catch up with her since Bella said that she and he would talk about it. And then everything happened so quickly. 

Bella turned to Jacob and said that they needed to talk as well and in a matter of minutes Ashley was in her car, getting out of the school's parking lot and Bella was on a motorbike with Jacob, also going away and Edward was left alone in the lot.

Ashley knew that her parents went hunting, probably because of the night before, they lost a lot of energy. And to get the grasp of what was really going she started going to Emily's to ask. She knew Paul or at least someone who'd answer be there.

When she arrived there Jacob and Bella were also there. They were standing outside with Quil, Embry, Jared, and Paul. They were laughing at something. 

As she got out of the car and started marching towards Paul, Jared hit Paul's shoulder. "Ooh, this doesn't seem good," he said.

"Hey," Paul said smiling. 

"Don't hey me," Ashley responded sharply. Before Paul could answer Leah Clearwater got out of the house. 

Jacob introduced her to Bella and then Bella expressed her condolences. Then Leah brushed it off and said, "If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave,"

"Fun, isn't she?" Jacob said trying to lighten the mood but Ashley turned to Paul again. 

But, again, before she could say anything Sam and Emily came out. Emily came rushing towards Ashley to hug her and then Bella, "  was wondering when you'd show up your faces,"

Jacob turned to Sam. "Sam, are we good?" he asked him, motioning Bella. 

Sam nodded. "We are good," he replied. 

Ashley turned to Paul. "We are not good, come with me," she hissed, grabbed his hand, and dragged him away from the crowd. 

"Ooh, trouble in paradise!" She heard Jared say.

"Babe, what's going on?" Paul finally said when they were out of hearing range. 

Ashley crossed her arms and glared at him. She stood in silence for a while before she exploded. "Really? I mean, really? My dad?" She exclaimed and then Paul nodded, finally understanding why she was so mad.

"When Jacob showed up and then Edward said that you and my dad had a misunderstanding, what exactly happened? And don't lie to me, I know my parents will probably brush it off like Edward so I'm counting on you," Ashley said. 

Paul took a deep breath. "The redhead, she was here last night," he said and Ashley nodded. 

She had put the pieces together that much. Her aunt's vision, the protection on her and Bella, the family hunting today.

"Both us and, uh, the le-, your family were tracking her down. She was bouncing back and forth between our lands and yours. When she climbed to ours, well, your dad did too, so I attacked him," he said. 

Ashley's eyes opened up with shock. "I'm sorry, did I misheard you, did you say you ATTACKED MY FATHER?" 

Paul took a deep breath as he turned around. Then he turned back to face Ashley. "What was I supposed to do? The treaty clearly states that they cannot enter our lands and he did. It was necessary," Paul half-shouted. 

Ashley closed her eyes. When you thought about it, he was kind of right. Her family knew the treaty and knew that the wolves didn't like them and Paul's instinct must've kicked in. 

"Plus, he was fine, I didn't do really much damage, he was up and running and all," Paul added.

Ashley opened her eyes as she breathed out. "Fine, I guess you do have a point, but now, in my dad's eyes, he'll dislike you even more, oh gosh, he'll never let me out of the house," Ashley said. 

Then she realized the bruise on Paul's body. "Wait, what's this?" She said as she reached her hand out, softly touching it. 

"Nothing really, it's already healing," Paul mumbled but Ashley cast him a glare and he puffed. "It happened last night, while I attacked your dad," he continued. 

"MY DAD DID THIS?" 

She was really screwed. Emmett wouldn't leave her to see Paul again, claiming he'd be dangerous. Also, the thing between Bella and Jacob made Edward annoyed so he would only support Emmett. In addition, Ashley basically ditched school today. 

She was so screwed.

"Ashley, baby, calm down," Paul said, almost like a chuckle, "I'm fine, your dad's fine too, the only thing is that they shouldn't come to our lands again, if they do, there's nothing we can do but to attack them," 

Ashley nodded. Then she hugged Paul. "On the way here, I kept imagining things in my head after I found out about him, I was worried," she mumbled and Paul kissed the top of her head. 

After their conversation, they went back to Emily's house. Jared was outside with Embry and they were laughing about something. 

"Oh, come on!" Jared exclaimed once he'd spotted the couple, "I expected bruises!" he said and Ashley glared at him. Jared chuckled and put up his hands as a gesture of surrender. 

They joined the wolves' conversation. Paul threw an arm around Ashley as they listened to Embry. He was talking about how he got better at the whole transformation thing. 

Jared and Paul were giving off tips since they had more practice. After a while Embry and Jared went inside, claiming they were hungry.

"You know, that was hot," Ashley said and Paul chuckled. 

"Can you be more specific? I'm usually hot," he said and Ashley hit him jokingly. 

"I meant the way you knew what you were talking about, giving tips and everything, it was hot," she said. 

Paul smiled. "Well," he said while he put his arms around Ashley's waist and gently pushed her towards the wall of Emily's house, "I'm the Beta, I've gotta know a few things," he said cockily. 

Ashley smirked. "Oh, are you now?" she said as Paul leaned in to kiss her.

As their lips met Ashley forgot the whole ordeal that happened the night before, her anger at Edward, her parent's rage for later on, and just focused on Paul, his lips on hers.

Their kissing, unfortunately, got interrupted by Ashley's growling stomach. Ashley tried to chuckle as blood rushed to her cheeks. "Um, I had an early breakfast," she mumbled. 

Since she had to pick up Edward and Bella, she had to get on the way when the sun was coming up. She picked up a sandwich on the way when she stopped for gas. It had been a few hours since that.

"It's okay, Emily's already got something cooked, I think it's those muffins you love so much," he said with a chuckle. Ashley nodded as they went inside. 

Embry, Quil, and Jared were stuffing themselves with the muffins. Emily was in the kitchen, probably cooking something else and Sam was nowhere to be seen. 

Upon seeing the couple the three of the boys immediately stopped eating and started to make out with themselves. "Uhmm, I'm the Beta, yeah, I'm so hot," Jared said as the boys fake moaned. 

Ashley stood on her tiptoes as more blood rushed to her cheeks. She forgot that they were totally capable of hearing that. 

Paul charged at Jared and they fell down, Jared laughing. "I'm the Beta, you can't defeat me!" Jared said as the boys laughed more. 

"Guys! Cmon, that's enough," Emily said with an amused expression as she put out more muffins to the table. 

She grabbed one and gave it to Ashley. "Thanks," Ashley mumbled as she tried to eat the muffin to distract herself from the embarrassment. 

When Ashley finally went home, her family, but especially her parents were super angry. Well, she was too, and the moment she dreaded the whole day had come. 

"Ashley!" Rosalie shouted when she entered the living room. "How could you ditch school? Without telling us? We were worried sick! You can't do that without informing us!" 

Ashley took a deep breath. "Well, you guys do a lot of things without telling me!" She exclaimed then turned to her dad. "I know about last night, I'm sure Edward had already informed you about this morning. I went there to check up on him and to learn what happened because unlike you guys he tells me things!" 

"Ashley," Emmett started but Ashley cut him off. 

"You crossed to their lands Dad! What was he supposed to do? Plus, I saw the bruises on his body! Really? I think we know that there was another motive behind that little 'misunderstanding' besides Victoria," 

"Honey, we were just trying to stop Victoria, just like them, what happened between him and Emmett was totally unplanned for," Carlisle said. 

"And you ditching school was wrong sweetie," Esme added. Ashley rolled her eyes. 

"So what? I'm at fault now?" She expressed in disbelief. 

"We're not saying that you are at fault, just that ditching school without informing any of us was wrong and it had us worried, especially with Victoria out there," Alice said.

Ashley shrugged. " Edward was there, he saw me going, he knew where I was going," Ashley defended herself. Edward's mind-reading had finally come in handy. 

"Kiddo, just let it go with this one," Jasper said. Ashley took a deep breath, stomped her foot to the ground, and then stormed out to her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 12.9K 69
🚫 [ Warning: Slow Updates ] 🚫 Angelina Swan was forced to live with her uncle Charlie and Renee after her parents died. The relationship grew unwo...
507K 9.5K 44
"Forever?" Jasper asked holding tightly on my hand. "I'm forever and always yours" A smirk appeared on his pale white face from my responses. Suddenl...
372K 11K 107
Bella Swan and her adopted sister Y/n Swan, move to forks, so their mother can be happy with her husband. How will this change their lifes and what w...
50.5K 1K 14
Alethea was once a part of the Cullen Family. However, she mysteriously disappears. Centuries later, Renesmee is born. Noticing the similarities bet...