The Bad Boy Likes Me?

By Aashiqui24

Mara Ellsworth was your average teenage girl. With a total of two best friends and extremely over protective... More

Chapter 1: Rumours say he's killed more times than he changes underwear.
Chapter 2: "Daddy, could you get me a peg for my nose please,"
Chapter 3: I mean come on, I could grate cheese on that jawline of his.
Chapter 4: He was more like a scary, sexy bull.
Chapter 5: My subconscious really needed to shut the fudge up.
Chapter 6 (Part 1): How is one not supposed to shake their butt to this song?!
Chapter 6 (Part 2): Honestly, I looked worse than the joker.
Chapter 7: Then she's as loud as Kim Kardashian was during her sex tape.
Chapter 8: It's safe to say that I was whiter than an albino.
Chapter 9: It's like he always says, family comes first.
Chapter 10: 'wait... so does that mean you're a lesbian?'
Chapter 11: Like Lotso from Toy Story chasing you around your high school.
Chapter 12: It was definitely between my head injury or my period.
Chapter 13: "Damn. That is such a turn on,"
Chapter 14: "Ha! I'm a sexy Rudolph,"
Chapter 15: I was in the bad boy's bed. Me, Mara Ellsworth.
Chapter 16: And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere.
Chapter 17: His eyes, his nose, his lips.
Chapter 18: "He's fine. And he's not your lover boy he's mine,"
Chapter 19: My absolute idiot of a brother.
Chapter 20: In other words; no we have not had sex.
Chapter 21: "Nobody could love you more than I do,"
Chapter 22: "Unlike you I'm not a shallow gold digging whore,"
Chapter 23: That counts as progress, right?
Chapter 24: "Are you sure it's not your tuna sandwich?"
Chapter 25: "You're in love with him,"
Chapter 26: Thank god for the puppy dog face.
Chapter 27: "Like what? Type two diabetes?"
Chapter 28: That earned him a pillow to the face.
Chapter 30: "The bad boy likes me?"
Epilogue

Chapter 29: So your girl was a little nervous. Sue me.

16.7K 477 154
By Aashiqui24

"If you keep chewing on your fingers like that Mara you won't have any left,"

My head jerked up to look at Izzy who was sat across from me. We were currently in the library, occupying a table along with Kay, Ethan and Nixon. The day of our SATs had finally arrived and there was less than half an hour to go.

So your girl was a little nervous. Sue me.

"She's right Mara Moo. You're sexy and have the brains. What have you got to worry about?" Ethan winked at me which led my boyfriend to elbowing him in the stomach.

"I don't understand how none of you are freaking out," I huffed.

"There's no point now that's why. We've done all that we can so let's just hope for the best," Kayla chimed in.

Considering what's been going on at home, Kay was doing pretty well. She used the perfect timing of the SATs as an opportunity to escape from reality and study her butt off as a distraction. I really admired her for that. Me and Izzy were there for her on the odd occasion where she'd break down, listening to her rants. That's all we could do at this point, but it was enough.

"I know but not only is law school at stake here, I have to beat him," I looked pointedly to my right where my handsome as ever boyfriend sat smirking.

"You two are goals,"

"You two are crazy,"

Both of my best friends spoke at the same time, the goals comment belonging to Izzy.

Nixon wrapped his arm around my shoulder, bringing me into his chest and planted a kiss at the top of my head. "You've got this baby. And don't worry about whether you beat my score or not, you'll always be a winner in my eyes,"

At that comment, it was now my turn to elbow him.

A few hours later, we were finally free. I let out a big breath of relief as I left the room and waited up for everyone. The girls were out first and we brought each other in for a group hug. A few seconds later, two more large muscular bodies joined in as we all groaned in protest at being squished.

"You boys are too strong for your own good," I whined as we all stepped back.

Ethan flexed his arms and kissed them. "These guns are beautiful,"

"Not as beautiful as Nixon's," I turned to plant a kiss on my handsome boyfriend's cheek who looked as smug as anything at his best friend.

We started to make our way out of the school, with me and Nixon in the lead. He had his arm around my shoulder as we walked.

"So how did you find it?"

"It was okay, not as bad as I expected it to be. I'm just glad that it's over," I replied to Nixon's question smiling.

"Tell me about it. Now I get to have fun all summer with my beautiful girlfriend," Nixon winked.

I smirked knowingly at what he meant by fun.

After enjoying a celebratory meal together as a group, we went our separate ways. Nixon decided to come home with me so we could spend time with each other in private.

Having the huge house to ourselves landed us to where we were now currently, which was in my bed. Our naked bodies were wrapped in my white sheets as my head lay on Nixon's chest. He was gently running his fingers through my hair as I spoke.

"It's crazy right?"

"What is?" Nixon hummed.

"That we only have one more year left of high school. Before we know it we'll be in college and then out in the big bad world,"

"I know, but I'm looking forward to it. Our lives can officially start,"

I turned my head to look up at Nixon in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He looked down to lock eyes with me sporting a warm smile on his face. "Well for starters by making you my wife,"

My cheeks reddened with warmth as my smile grew. "Really?"

"Really," Nixon took my fingers up to his lips and gave them a soft kiss.

"I can't to marry you one day," I mused. "I've always wanted that dream wedding,"

"Oh yeah?" Nixon was staring at me with a mixture of awe and amusement as he watched me babble on with my list.

"I've picked out everything," I nodded. "I want the decor to be all white. My dress will be by Vera Wang, my bridesmaids will wear blush pink and I definitely want a flower wall behind us when we say our vows,"

He kissed my hand again as he replied. "You can have whatever you want baby. I'll make sure of it,"

"How about kids?" I peered up at Nixon with a hint of nerves behind my tone. We had spoken it about it once before, but it was barely a conversation.

"Of course. I can't imagine anyone else as the mother of my children," My heart warmed as we both smiled.

"I think I just want two though,"

"Two?" Nixon asked.

"What, is that too much?"

"That's not enough," Nixon shook his head. "I want at least four,"

My eyes widened like saucers. "Four? Nixon are you crazy? No way. I do not want to put myself through four labors you have to be kidding me,"

"But-"

"No buts," I laughed at his expression as I interrupted. "How about we compromise and go for three?"

Nixon's eyes glistened. "Deal,"

We reluctantly got up from where we were, as my brother was due home anytime soon. Migrating to the main living room downstairs, I got us some snacks as we started a movie on the flat screen.

It wasn't long until we were disturbed by Aiden who appeared by the doorway.

"Hey Ford, can we talk?" His face was nonchalant as he looked over at Nixon pointedly.

"Sure," Nixon untangled himself from my embrace but not before planting a tender kiss at the side of my head.

I was sat left confused wondering what my brother wanted to talk to him about. The fact that it was in private and without me peaked my curiosity even more. I decided to ignore my thoughts as I continued with the movie, though I couldn't help myself from anxiously checking the time.

Five minutes turned into ten, and I felt myself going crazy.

After an internal debate of whether to eavesdrop or not I shot up from my position on the couch, my urges too big to ignore. Leaving the room being as quiet as I could, I followed the hushed deep voices which were coming from the kitchen.

"Is there no other way?" Nixon's voice was the first I heard. His tone was hard and I heard him sigh deeply.

"If there is then I'll find it," Aiden replied in the same tone. They both sounded frustrated and on edge about something.

Officially weirded out, I made my way back as fast as I could. Just in time too, as not a minute after I was rejoined by Nixon was sporting a smile but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Hey," I spoke tentatively as he snuggled back into position next to me. "Is everything okay?"

His smile never wavered. "Yeah baby, why wouldn't it be?"

"I know you Nixon, you can't lie to me. Tell me what's up,"

He gazed into my eyes with a loving expression on his face as he sighed deeply before speaking. "Me and your brother have been working on a way out,"

"A way out?" I asked confused.

"From the gang,"

My eyes widened in surprise. "Oh,"

My heart felt heavy. We never spoke about anything gang related out loud. Nixon knew how much it affected me so we always kept it in the background. It's true that they say, ignorance really is bliss. But this was something huge.

"We both just want to be free and put this shit behind us. Your brother's off to college soon and we're done being their bitches," Nixon spoke in a clipped tone.

"Is there even a way out?"

He nodded looking solemn. "We have to buy our freedom if we want it,"

"How much are we talking?" I asked hesitantly, afraid of the answer.

Nixon sighed. "It's in the six figures,"

"Are you for real? Nixon-"

"I know baby, I know. Just trust me okay? I don't want you to worry about anything. We're working on it I promise," He kissed the top of my head as he pulled me closer to his chest.

****

It was reaching midnight and I was wrapped up in bed.

Nixon had left a few hours ago after having dinner with us, at my dad's request. He told me that he had a few things to do with Ethan and would text me when he got home. I was still waiting for my phone to buzz with his name, getting anxious with every passing minute.

It wasn't like him to get home so late so naturally I was worried. My thoughts were drifting to worst case scenarios so I had to force myself out of it. I decided on calling him to ease my mind. Grabbing my phone, I was met with the ringing tone along with Nixon's name and picture. Talk about timing.

Sighing in relief I answered without hesitation.

"Hey Nixon, thank god. I was starting to get worried,"

"Hey darling,"

My whole body froze in shock. No, it couldn't be.

A stray tear escaped and made its way down my cheek as I forced myself to speak.

"Rick,"

Okay guys, the next chapter is the last one :(

But in other totally random news, I watched Anna Todd's After movie and it was really good... definitely got me all up on my feelings. Hardin does things to me 😍 (my boyfriend totally got jealous)

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed 💕

Thank you so much for the love and support, it means the world to me and keeps me motivated x

Aashiqui24

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 2.6K 21
Emily Grayson is a senior in high school. She is not your typical shy nerdy teenager. She is a smart mouth outgoing teen who is just about having a...
1M 24.9K 101
*COMPLETED* She is a beautiful, high school girl who lives in Lansing, Michigan, with great grades and amazing athleticism. The one and only, Kaytlyn...
14.5M 279K 39
"He's a bad boy. He's bad news" Abigail Antonias was warned as soon as she entered her fourth high school that a particular boy named Nathaniel Reece...
1.9M 37.4K 34
Peyton and Parker have known each other from the very moment that her brother, Asher, brought him over after school in second grade. All of this time...