Enchanted: Phoenix Arise

By pigrabbit_09

In the world where some things can't be explain were into Ares' life. The curse that he didn't wish to have i... More

Introduction
Prologue
The Encounter
New Moon
Clash
Shield of Sirius
Implosion
Repudiation
Sirius
The Master's Conclave
Bound To You
Hush
Concatenate
Moonflower
Silence
Bond
Perfidious
Retribution
Minion of the Night
Incertitude
Moon and Stars
The End and The Beginning
Redemption
Snazzy
Erratic
That's Not Me
The Hybrid
Refutation
You're My Remedy
Divine Flame
Divine Judgement
Sacred Beasts
Take Over
Clinch
Deceived By Love
Forewarn
Sun and Moon
Rumour Has It
Yin Yang
Blood Poison
Eternal Darkness
Phoenix
Freedom
Flames of Desire
Epilogue

Into The Slumber

222 15 3
By pigrabbit_09

"What took you so long, Helena?" Vladimir asked her when she showed up.

Helena changed differently. Her dark aura became strong but not as strong as the one I felt a while ago. She smiled at Vladimir and tap his shoulder. She looked at Eli with an evil smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you again, Quinn. Do you remember me?" She asked Eli.

Eli was confused and gathered his thoughts. I already showed him his past before and yet, he failed to remember.

Hailey went in front to protect us as the sacred beast. She didn't use her power and waited for the enemy to attack.

"What are you?" Helena asked.

Hailey smirked and didn't answer her question. Vladimir told her that Hailey gained such incredible power which they don't know. Helena wasn't bothered at all after she knew about Hailey.

"I want them dead Helena... except Quinn." Vladimir said.

"Do you want to torture them first before I'll end their lives or kill them right away in one blow?" Helena asked them and Vladimir had this evil smile.

Vladimir is really consumed by darkness and he doesn't show any mercy towards his family. He told Helena to kill us right away so she cast a dark spell on us. She bind us inorder not to escape from the spell but Eli break it.

"Strange!" Helena reacted and wondered. "How come he is pregnant?"

"It's none of your business." Eli said and cast a spell on them.

I was surprised that he used dark magic right in front of us. Vladimir and Helena were surprised and wanted to escape but they can't. It's a gravitation spell that pinned them to the ground. Eli's magic put them on the ground.

Hailey wasn't able to move because of what she witnessed. I cast barrier on us while Eli's magic is still active.

"We need to get out of here." He said.

Hailey nodded and used her magic to vanish us from the area. My body felt like a thin air that blew away. We found ourselves back in the forest of silence. Even Hailey's magic isn't exempted from this forest. She can't transport us right away in Garreth's mansion unlike in Eli's. This forest is stronger than the one I created around Eli's mansion. Maybe that was the reason why Vladimir can used magic at that time and destroyed the mansion. It's just a fragment.

Eli had some contractions and he sat down on the ground. Maybe our babies inflict pain on him while we were fighting.

"How can you use dark magic?" Hailey asked Eli.

"Hailey, can you please keep it as a secret? We don't want any arguments now." I said.

"I will but I need some explanation."

With her request, Eli told her everything how he mastered dark magic and she can't believe it that our little boy in Eli's tummy is a dark magic user.

Hailey was really surprised and was worried as well about it because dark magic will really make the heart tainted.

"My dark magic is different from the dark witches. As long as I use it in good intentions, I won't succumb." Eli said and assured it to Hailey.

"It's not questionable how strong you are but what if something will happen that you might lose someone. Emotions of grief will lead to vengeance and darkness has the opportunity consume you." Hailey said.

She got a point too. We don't know what will happen to us when the eternal darkness happened. We might end up dying and there's a possibility that Eli will be consume by darkness. I haven't thought about it.

Eli smiled and stood up.

"It depends on me if I let darkness devour me. If that happens, then kill me."

"No!!" I disagree to what he said. "I am certain that it won't happen!"

I am confident that Eli won't be devoured by darkness. I won't let him die just because of it. I already lost him once and twice isn't in my vocabulary.

"Hey! I said what if." Hailey exclaimed as I was agitated on what she said a while ago. I calmed down and Eli chuckled. "Anyway, let's get back home." She said.

As we got home, I saw Raven and his men were also back. They managed to escape from Vladimir's men. Before we get inside the mansion, Eli had a phone call.

"Yes big brother?" He said when he accepted the call.

I tried to listen their conversation but I was blocked. I looked at Eli's reaction and noticed that he squint his eyes for a second.

"Okay. Just be careful." He said and hanged up.

He went directly inside the mansion and called upon his parents. Lady Vivian and Sir Gilber came in and Eli started the conversation.

"Big brother will be staying at his company."

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Sir Gilbert asked.

"Vladimir's men are following him." Eli said.

"We need Czar to get them out of there." Lady Vivian said.

"No!" Eli exclaimed his disagreement. "Let him handle those men."

Lady Vivian wanted to disagree but Eli's decision was already fixed. No one dare to say another word upon Eli's decision. He told everyone about oir encounter with Helena. That witch became strong and her magic is strange but I still keep quiet about the dark aura that I felt while chasing Hailey and Eli.

Eli told them that the witches knew about his pregnancy. He told everyone to be careful and alert as my brother and Helena started to move their plan.

Still, we need the sacred beast of fire. We haven't found him yet and we're out of time. It looks like Eli needs to fight while he's carrying our children in his tummy. I got worried and out of plan about this situation. I can't risk my baby's life just because of this eternal darkness that the prophecy said.

I went out from the mansion and called my friends to go with me. I'm desperate to find that chosen one and if he's not willing to help us then I'm gonna cut his balls out from his pelvis.

While we roamed around the city, the dark witches and Vladimir's men were in the city, scattered, and they were looking for something. With the help of my barrier, our presence were concealed and followed them. I felt that strange dark aura again and it wasn't Helena's. The dark witches tried to locate the dark aura until they stopped in a dark alley.

We were on the rooftop, watching them gathered in the dark alley. I don't know what they're up too but the dark aura became stronger as it comes in this area. I took close watch on them and a person appeared on a black cloak and his face was covered by a hoodie. I didn't get a glimpse of his face but that person was the one who had this strong dark aura.

I can't hear them. My sense of hearing was blocked while they're having conversation. I wanted to see that person'a face but it caught me when he turned his head in our direction. His dark aura tried to penetrate my barrier but it didn't get through. His power is enormous and it blew us away with just a wave of his aura.

"Move out!" I ordered my pack and we take our leave.

It is wise not to engage in a fight because I know that we will lose. We went away but the dark witches followed us. That person on a cloak really knew that we were spying on them and here they are, chasing us.

"We need to fight, Ares!" Largo suggested.

"No... we need to escape as soon as possible." I answered.

"Why? We can handle the dark witches." Dixon said.

"The dark witches, yes... but that person in a cloak, I doubt."

No need to rush for our deathbed because Eli still need us. We only dodged the magic that the dark witches casted. That's the only way not to engage to a fight.

While we were been chased, a gravitation spell caught us and pinned us down on the floor on the rooftop of a building. It's trying to sink us down and it's painful because it forced our body on the floor and started to crack.

"We need to fight!" Largo said.

I don't have a choice but to fight. I nodded and Largo started to use his sealing ability. He sealed the dark witches within our area and the gravitation spell was deactivated.

"Czar! Teleport us!" I exclaimed.

"I can't! Something block my ability." He answered.

Blocked?

Someone knew about his ability of teleportation and we can't engage too much in this fight. I tried to sense who blocked his ability among these witches that were fighting us however, none of them did block Czar's ability. But, the strange dark aura was just nearby.

"We need to escape!" Largo said while fighting with his strength.

The witches became strong and they can match my pack even Eli enhanced their strength and ability. This is the reason why Eli enhanced my pack because he knew that the witches were stronger than before.

"Close your eyes!" Czar shouted and everyone did.

I know he used his ability, the illusion. No one attack me and I can sensed that the witches were fighting among themselves until I can't sense the witches but only my pack and nature.

When I opened my eyes, I am in the forest together with my pack. Czar managed to confuse the witches including the one who blocked his ability to teleport.

"Are we in the forest of silence?" Dixon asked.

"Yes. I teleport everyone here." Czar answered.

Czar don't have a choice but to use his illusion just to get the witch who blocked his teleportation. It was his opportunity to teleport us when that witch was confused.

"Let's head back." I said.

We walked through the forest and I kept on thinking about the person who wore a black cloack. He had an enormous dark power and he sensed me with my barrier on. I can't smell his scent and I was bothered who that person was.

The moment we arrived home, Eli was sitting on the couch together with Hailey. They were watching movies.

"Where have you been?" Eli asked.

"Just outside... training." I lied.

He nodded and continue watching the movie. I sat beside him and put my arm on his shoulder. I was really bothered about that person who possessed a strong dark aura. I had this question to myself if that person is the warlock that Dawn was talking about.

~~.~~

Days passed and most of the news in TV were about the strange illness of the people in the city. Eli was so desperate to help but I forbid him. His parents agreed that he will stay in this mansion and we'll do the work for him. But, Eli is too stubborn so I stayed in the mansion with him.

My pack went with Eli's parents and friends while I keep him a company. We were in our bedroom and made him sleep beside me. I wanted to help them and tried to reveal that mysterious person that I encountered days ago.

"Someone will die."

I was surprised when Dawn suddenly appeared in the room and spitting from her mouth about dying. I got up and pulled her out fron the room because Eli was sleeping. I dragged her away and went down to the living room.

"What are you saying about someone will die?" I furiously asked.

She looked at me with her eyes that were no emotions at all.

"Someone will die, today. The warlock will kill him." She said.

Him? Does it mean that one of my friends will die today? I can't agree to it and I gripped her arm with my strength.

"Who? Tell me who?!" I exclaimed.

She collapsed and didn't answer me. It made me annoyed and at rage. I wanted to follow where my pack are but I can't leave Eli alone in this mansion. I carried Dawn and lay her down on the couch. She's too light and lose weight. She's pale and not in good shape.

I wanted to know who will die today. I took my phone and called Dixon. They were spying the dark witches in a building. I asked him why they followed the witches and he answered that they followed the mysterious person in a cloak. They also felt the strong dark aura just like I felt before. But why now?

Before they didn't feel it but today, they already did. I got a feeling that the mysterious person draw them out. They'll be attack soon and I got frantic about it. My body wanted to rush to where my pack was but my mind wanted me to stay.

I went back to the bedroom to check on Eli. When I entered, I saw him standing on the balcony and I went to him.

"What are you doing here, Eli?" I asked when I hugged him from behind.

"Someone will die, Ares." He answered.

I was surprised when he told me exactly the same as Dawn. He was crying and I know he knew who will die today.

"Who will die, Eli?"

He looked at me and hugged me tightly. He didn't answer me but he cried and it echoes.

~~.~~

Garreth's POV

We were following the dark witches and they entered an abandoned building. I was curious about the man who wears a cloak. He had this powerful dark aura that was leaking from his body.

"What are we going to do?" Dregan asked me.

"Follow them." I answered.

Dregan asked Largo about following the witches. He's the second in command to the Alpha in terms of decision making. Largo agreed and they also wanted to know who that man was. Ares had already told the pack about this man in a cloak as he felt the aura way way before us.

I got a feeling that this man lure us out but I got my men and Dregan with me together with Ares' pack.

We went down as soon as the dark witches entered the building. We keep cautious and Dregan opened the door where the witches entered. When the door was opened, dark aura became powerful. I don't know what's happening inside so we entered.

We can't see any doors when we entered but Largo found a hidden door on the floor. The witches were on the basement. We went down and followed the aura until we saw a light and voices, cheering.

"Hail to our Dark Lord."

Dark Lord? Who is this dark lord?

They were talking about their plans for invasion. They planned to invade the whole city with their dark magic, making the innocent people sick and taint their hearts.

"When are we going to activate the eternal darkness, Dark Lord?"

It's Helena's voice. I'm sure about it because I can't forget her voice when he activate a frgament of eternal darkness.

"Soon, Helena. It's not yet the time. I'm waiting for the perfect time."

That voice! I already heard it before but I can't remember who. Ares' friends were surprised too and they already knew who that Dark Lord was.

"Do you know that Sirius is pregnant?" She asked.

"I know, Helena. And that gives me a strong intent to kill him. His baby possess a greater power than us and I don't want that baby to be born." The Dark Lord answered.

It's not a news for us that they knew about my brother's pregnancy. What they fear right now is the baby. They thought that the baby's power is the Phoenix but what they don't know is that my brother is the Phoenix.

"On the 23rd, it is the day that we witches will rule over the world. And those who oppose us?" Dark Lord said.

"Kill them!" His minions shouted as they were happy to kill us.

"But before that, we're not courteous to our guest right now!"

Crap! The Dark Lord knew that we were here!

We were dragged out from where we were hiding to the center by his power. We were surrounded by the witches and they're looking at us badly. Their eyes were burning with the desire to kill us now.

I am a fool!

I thought this Dark Lord won't sense our presence. Assassins are good in hiding.

"Well, well, well... who do we have here? The big brother of Sirius and the first bloodborne vampire together with the Alpha's pack!" Helena said with such happiness when they see us.

I draw out my swords to prepare for a battle. The witches were not doing anything yet. They were waiting for their Dark Lord to command them.

"What are we goind to, Garreth?" Dregan asked me.

"We don't have a choice but to fight when they start to fight." I answered.

I looked at Largo and he nodded. We were waiting for the witches to attack and I looked Helena together with the Dark Lord. My eyes became big in surprise when I saw the face of the Dark Lord.

"You!!" I said.

"Yes, it's me." He answered.

I can't believed that he's still around and had this power. I thought Ares ripped his magic but why is it that he had this strong dark magic now?

"Are you doing this for vengeance?" I asked him.

He laughed and went in front of me with a blink of my eye.

"More than vengeance, Garreth." He said and chuckled.

"You really don't know how to stop."

"Stop? Why I should stop? Eversince, I wasn't recognized as the strongest because of your brother. I really want to kill him with my own hands, bit by bit." He said.

I chuckled and mocked him. "You're still weak!"

He slapped me very hard and his eyes were too evil. He's still affected when I called him weak. He's still the second best and he can't be in level with my brother.

"You still have guts to mock me even though you're in our territory." He said.

"Why? Does killing us will staisfy you?" I asked him and point my sword at him. "No matter what you do, you still lose against my brother."

He laughed and suddenly went back at Helena's side. I know he's stronger than me but I got my friends with me to fight with.

"Your brother will die and I'll get his power... and also, the baby's power." He said.

How could he be so evil? Ares gave him a chance to live and change his life but he chose to be like this. He's too greedy and wanted to rule this world.

I can sensed that the witches will attack us soon. I just hope that we can leave this area alive.

"This is too boring! I need some entertainment." He said.

"Did you hear that witches? Our Dark Lord was bored. How about we'll show him some fun right in this moment?" Helena said and grinned at us.

The witches didn't start a move but there eyes were telling me that they're going to kill us. My team prepared for an incoming attack. This will be bloody soon and I can't let them kill me.

Largo's team were in fighting stance now, waiting for our enemies to attack. No one dare to make a first move until Dregan did. He attacked one of the witches with his sneak attack and bring him down then, the fight started.

The witches were different now. They knew to fight in close combat just like the wolves. They cast magic while fighting in close combat and it was difficult for us.

It wasn't difficult for me to fight in close combat. I can easily dodge and evade every magic that the witches casted. I managed to take down twenty witches in full sweep. Dregan has no problem at all but what worries me are the wolves. They relied more on their physical strength. Some of them got hurt by the magic and endurance made them even stronger.

As we took down almost half of the Dark Lord's army, I had this opportunity to strike him but someone came and blocked my attack.

A huge man just like a boulder came in before I strike the Dark Lord. That caught me off guard. But what caught us off guard was the Dark Lord resurrect the fallen witches. They were zombies with magic power.

"What now, Garreth?" Dregan asked.

"I don't know. If we kill them, the Dark Lord will resurrect them. It's like a never ending battle." I answered.

"I will call Czar to help us here." Largo said.

I nodded and Largo transformed into a wolf. He howled for help and the pack transformed too and howled together.

My men were started to get exhausted. We were outnumbered and we also have a limit.

After the wolves howl, the witches started to attack us. Largo's team fought in wolf form. It's my first time to see them in combat in wolf form. They're much stronger than in human form and they can easily used some magic that my brother gave.

As the Sword of Sirius, it's easy for me to bring down the witches who went in my way. Elemental attacks has no effect on me. But, the fallen witches kept in rising as the Dark Lord resurrect them. I shifted my aim of attack. I want to attack on head straight to the Dark Lord but first, I must break the boulder that blocked my attack.

I went straight to the humungous guy and attacked him. He can endure my attack even the magic of my swords. The huge guy smashes the ground by his fist and I got a hard time especially dodging his punch. There's a wind force every time he did a punch and it's making me unbalance. My swords can't cut through his skin that was rough and hard as a rock.

"Is that what you've got, Garreth?" The Dark Lord mocked me.

He provoked me and got into a berserk mode. The guy I'm fighting more received the slashes of my swords but it barely cut him. I was so annoyed that I can't bring this man down with my strength until Dregan joined me and cut him with his sword.

"You know why you can't cut him through?" Dregan asked me and I shook my head. "It's because you're afraid and the fear reflect in your swords."

I realized that why I'm so eager to put him down because I am afraid of the outcome of this battle. I thought that we will all die in this basement because of this endless battle. The witches kept on resurrected by the Dark Lord's power.

I calmed down myself and the rage in me vanished including my fear. If I die here then I die with honor. The pack fights like they're not afraid to die even though they were covered with wounds.

"Can you cut him now?" Dregan asked me.

"Yes and I'll make sure that he'll kiss the ground."

After I calm down, I rushed to the huge guy and slash him with my fire and ice swords. It successfully cut his body made of rock. Now, I can bring him down.

The guy countered my attacks and I tried not to take a hit. His punches were destructable and I might end up with a hole in my body. Dregan helped me out and it took a while until we defeated him. I rushed to the Dark Lord and strike him on his chest where his heart was.

"It's over." I said.

Dregan took care of Helena while I pierced the Dark Lord's body with my ice sword. I grinned when I finally end his life but the dark witches kept on rising up from their death.

Something is wrong. I struck ny two swords in the Dark Lord's body but the witches kept on resurrected. Out of nowhere, the Dark Lord's body became a black fog.

"Shit!" I reacted and I inhaled the fog.

I coughed out and Dregan came to help me.

"What happened?" Dregan asked me.

"I am poisoned." I answered.

The Dark Lord laughed out loud and appeared in front of us. He blew us away with his dark magic. I was down and gasping for air as the poison is starting to spread in my body. Dregan took out a small vial and it was an antidote for any poison. He let me drink the antidote but it doesn't have any effect.

"Do you think that poison is ordinary?" The Dark Lord said. "My poison magic is extraordinary. Not a regular antidote can cure you."

And I started sweating and my body got weak. My vision became blurred and I felt vertigo.

"I have no choice." Dregan said.

Dregan cut his wrist and blood came out. I thought vampires won't bleed but why is it he's bleeding. He put his wrist on my mouth and said.

"Drink it!" He exclaimed.

It's gross and the taste is very unpleasant like I can't drink it because it taste like rust. Dregan insisted to drink his blood and I don't have a choice. I don't know what he is doing but I know he got a reason for this.

I gulped his blood and I started to get better. I saw two witches came at us to attack and my swords started to move on its own to protect me.

I regained strength after I took a gulped of Dregan's blood.

"Thank you." I said.

"Thank me later when we are victorious." He said.

Dregan rush to the Dark Lord to attack. However, Helena joined and attack him too. I slowly got up and saw Dregan was having a hard time against the Dark Lord and Helena.

When my feet was on the ground, I joined Dregan and attacked the Dark Lord while he kept Helena busy. The Dark Lord got moves now as he had a sword too with dark enchantment.

We clashed and the Dark Lord seriously fight with me. He got stronger and every of his attack, I moved back and sometimes, stunned for a while. My body isn't in good condition because the poison is still in my body.

When the Dark Lord found an opening, I got cut by his sword and was down on the ground.

"Not even the Sword of Sirius can defeat me. I am now powerful and more powerful than Sirius!" He screamed and was about to strike me with his sword not until Dregan kicked him.

"Are you okay?" Dregan asked.

"Look out!" I shouted when I saw the Dark Lord and Helena at his back.

I held Dregan's shoulder to throw him away from me but he foresee what will happen next. He swept me away and blocked the Dark Lord's sword.

"You have the guts to face me, vampire." The Dark Lord said and I saw him smirked. "Taste the wrath of darkness."

My got big when the Dark Lord's sword went through Dregan's sword. He moved back away from the Dark Lord and I saw that nothing happened to Dregan.

"Such a show off." Dregan said.

The Dark Lord laughed out loud. His laughed echoes in the basement.

"Your team is losing and you've got nerves to tell me that I'm a show off? Why don't look around and see what happened to your team."

The wolves were down and exhausted because of the unending fight. The dark witches kept on rising up because of the Dark Lord's resurrection. Largo was down and so as Dixon and the pack.

This can't be happening! This basement will be our grave.

"Oh, I failed to tell you. You've got five minutes to live." The Dark Lord said.

"What are you talking about?" Dregan asked.

"With the slash of my sword, it cursed your life. Do tou think that my sword didn't cut you?"

The Dark Lord cut Dregan's shirt into pieces and I saw on his chest the emblem of the curse. It has a time and he got four minutes and sixteen seconds.

Dregan laughed as he told the Dark Lord that he's immortal.

"Not so full of yourself vampire. You already died once and became a vampire but it doesn't bless you with immortality. As I the Dark Lord, I can make any creature perish." He said.

This is very frustrating and Dregan is out of time. The only way to break the curse is to kill the one who put on it. I stood up and draw out my swords and I went into a berserk mode. Because of my anger, I rushed towards the Dark Lord and slashed off the dark witches who blocked my way. They casted dark magic on it and I break it with my elemental swords.

I had a heads on fight with Helena and I simply swept her off with my swords and headed to the Dark Lord. He draw out his sword and fought with me. Then, Dregan joined me, fighting the Dark Lord even the time is ticking for his death.

"You two are pathetic! You can't defeat me as I am the master of darkness!" The Dark Lord said and he went into berserk too.

He bcame strong and knows how to fight in close combat. We were drove back by his attacks and almost got hit by his sword. Lucky I am that my berserk mode enhanced my speed to dodge and evade..

However, Dregan started to get weak and he's breathing became heavy. Helena joined the fight and also the witches. We were outnumbered now. Two against a bunch of psychopath witches were attacking us. I took some hit but I can't feel it anymore. I was aiming right now to kill the Dark Lord though it's too impossible. Only my brother can kill him but knowing Quinn, he won't kill anyone.

"Two minutes left." The Dark Lord said as I clashed his sword with mine.

"Shut up!" I shouted and attacked him with my swords continuously.

The Dark Lord laughed and he's playing games on me. He knew that I was tired now and any minute, my berserk mode will wear off.

Dregan wanted to join the fight but I pushed him away and fight the witches, Helena, and the Dark Lord. As a Sword of Sirius, I am failure to protect someone that was dear to me. Dregan was my guardian, my mentor, and a father to me when my biological father was frozen by time. I am desperate now... desperate to kill the Dark Lord for me to save Dregan.

I rushed and attacked them while my swords protect me from any magic. The sword of earth and air were my defense and the sword of ice and fire were my offense. But, Helena is one of pain in the ass. She's strong too and made me busy while the Dark Lord was watching us fight, having fun, and grinned at me.

Helena didn't know how to fight in close combat but her magic kept me away from her. Most of her magic were cursed and a single hit from it, my life will be curse.

I am tired and exhausted. I was standing in front of the army of the dark witches with Helena and Dark Lord at the back. I got bruises, my breathing became heavy and my berserk mode wear off.

It's over!

This basement will be my graveyard together with the people I led. I pull them to their demise because of my curiousity. My curiousity to know who the man in a cloak was and here I am on my chance to live.

"Let's put an end to this fight." The Dark Lord said and a dark hole appeared above us.

I saw this kind of magic before. It's a fragment of the eternal darkness. The witches turned into an army of monsters. They're ugly and hideous but unlike before, these monsters were in control to themselves. They didn't attack me yet while the dark hole is trying to release something within.

Stones... a large stones appeared from the dark hole and it's going to fall on us. He's going to kill us with this kind of magic. What I noticed was we weren't affected by this fragment of eternal darkness.

Supposedly, I'm going to turn into a monster because of my weak heart. I had no courage and will to fight as I already give up in the moment that I had no match at all.

I sighed and smiled and had flashbacks of my life. From I was a child who was happy until the moment I faced difficulties and been alone.

I didn't regret anything for fighting on my brother's side. I was happy that he relied much on me and as his big brother, it's my duty to protect him too even I am too weak.

But... I'll fight till I die. I call upon my swords to give me power. I am going to break this magic with my swords even if it cost my life.

"Are you sure you're going to do forbidden spell?" Ignatius asked, the fire sword.

"I have no choice to give my brother an easy finish of his goal." I answered.

"You know that once you activate it, there's no turning back and it will cost your life too." Sky reminded me, the air sword.

"And Master Sirius will be emotionally unstable if he knew that his brother died because of this." Wallace added.

I smirked because my swords concerned a lot of their wielder. "I know but time is ticking and I can save both my brother and Dregan."

"Okay. We'll end this." Grant said, the earth sword.

I nodded and the swords encircled around me. This is my last chance to save everyone and I won't regret it. As I about to cast the forbidden spell that only the Sword of Sirius can, Dregan jumped and headed towards the dark hole.

"Dregan, no!" I shouted as I saw him headed towards the dark hole.

I didn't activate the forbidden spell when Dregan jumped straight to the dark hole. He activated his last resort, the Eternal Slumber. It is one of his magic that will grant him an extreme power to break the spell or kill an enemy in exchange of his life. It's a dark magic spell and Dregan was surrounded by magical bats as he slashed the large stones and went inside the dark hole.

Lightning and fire were all I can see from where I stand and I looked down. I can't watched it anymore as Dregan risked his life to save everyone.

The Dark Lord laughed and said. "This is amusement! He knew that he don't have time to live and he used his last resort. At least I know his name before he die."

I got angry and decided to activate my forbidden spell but I heard Quinn's voice in my head.

"Don't big brother. You can't win against him in your condition. Prepare yourself for an escape and I'll teleport everyone back here." He said.

"No you can't!" The Dark Lord shouted.

He knew that my brother got connected with me. He cast magic on me but it was blocked a shield and everyone has a barrier on it. This is Ares' shields and barriers. How did they do it?

"How about Dregan?" I asked him.

He didn't answer and magic circles appeared on the floor to each of us. The Dark Lord became mad and wanted to break the barrier.

"Please save Dregan!" I screamed.

A light shines bright from the magic circle and I had a glimpse of the Dark Lord who was mad and trying to break the barrier while cursing my brother's name, then I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I am back in the mansion and I saw everyone on the floor. I saw my little brother who was sad about the outcome of my foolishness.

"Dregan... where is Dregan?" I asked in distress.

A light appeared and Dregan's body was lying on the floor. I can't believed what I saw. His flesh was ripped with cuts, and was burned. My tears fell as I saw Dregan's body. It was like he's bombed. I just stood and looked at what my foolish act had come through.

I rushed to my little brother and gripped his shirt.

"Bring him back! Resurrect him, Quinn!" I screamed but Quinn didn't react. He just cried.

I pushed him away and went to Dregan's body. I carried his body with my arms and screamed his name out loud.

It's difficult to admit that it was too painful to see a loved one died because of my mistake. If I weren't so curious about the Dark Lord, then Dregan is still alive but... I am the one who killed him.

"I'm going to kill you, Peter!"

pigrabbit_09 —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 208 44
Celestial London Chronicles #1 Long ago, the sun Xyliath, one of the ancient gods, fell in the first Blood War for peace. Her burning tears formed a...
194K 10.3K 29
BOOK 1. SECRETS OF THE BAY. Saint Drake was happy, he was poor, begged for food and clothes, but he was happy, even though the wolves who were part o...
136K 4.1K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...
293 7 11
━━━━━━ 𝒔𝒆𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏𝒆𝒅 〔 greek mythology 〕 ━━━━━━ .𖥔 ݁ ˖ SYNOPSIS The life of thiever...