The boy who was given up

By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

Harry Potter, a young wizard thrust into a world of death, evil and lies. In order to navigate through the fo... More

Chapter One: The Night Of Terror
Chapter two: The incident
Chapter three: Diagon Alley
Chapter four: Welcome to the gang
Chapter five: Sorting
Chapter six: Class and confrontations
Chapter seven: The boggart and flying
Chapter eight: Weekends, God fathers and the strange man...
Chapter nine: New information, who is this dude?
Chapter ten: A disastrous end to year one...
Chapter eleven: Coming home and starting again
Chapter twelve: God fathers
Chapter thirteen: Parties and sleep overs
Chapter fourteen: The zoo
Chapter fifteen: Back to school
Chapter sixteen: First day detentions!?
Chapter seventeen: The voice
Chapter eighteen: McGonagall and Dueling classes.
Chapter nineteen: The diary...
Chapter twenty: Answers and secrets
Chapter Twenty-one: Stopping the basilisk and rage...
Chapter twenty- two: Inheritance...
Chapter twenty-three: Gringotts...
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training
Chapter twenty-five: Mastering and the holidays
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The inheritance...
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The scolding and the "incident"
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Memories
Chapter Thirty: Questions and TEA...
Chapter Thirty-One: The first date
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hostage
Chapter Thirty-Three: The new era
Chapter Thirty-Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Thirty Five: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty Six: The Triwizard tournament announcement
Chapter Thirty Seven: The silent war
Chapter Thirty-Eight: DADA? I think not
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Sleep Over Part One
Chapter Forty: The Sleepover Part Two
Chapter Forty-One: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: The Tri-Wizard Tournament Troops Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Feeling light-headed?
Chapter Forty-Four: The Shadowland
Chapter Forty-Five: And the Champion is...
Chapter Forty-Six: Too Much
Chapter Forty-Seven: Getting out of it?
Chapter Forty-Eight: Helping Harry
Chapter Forty-Nine: The First Task
Chapter Fifty: The Clue
Chapter Fifty-One: The Garden
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Second Task
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Annoying Beetle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Ballroom dancing
Chapter Fifty-Five: Is that a promise?
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Final Task Part One
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Final Task Part Two
Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Final Task Part Three
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Infirmary
Chapter Sixty: The Beginning Of Forever
Chapter Sixty-One: Here is to Forever
Chapter Sixty-Two: Not Even Death Could Part Us, My Love.

Chapter twenty-six: Year three and secondary responses

8.6K 305 109
By Wasabi0_0Slytherin

The day for going home finally rolled around and everyone was sad to be leaving the house. 

Dudley was especially sad to be leaving Harry and Draco until Christmas holidays which seemed like a lifetime away. But he knew they would still be there when Christmas rolled around so he was content to silently wish away the days before he could see them again.

Petunia was also devastated to be leaving Harry once again and much like other years she shed a few silent tears whilst hugging Harry goodbye.

"Mom, don't cry I will see you ate Christmas and I will owl you loads!" Harry said trying to comfort his mother.

"I know love, I just love having you around." Petunia sighed and with one final kiss on Harry's head she told him sternly, "I want you back in one piece for Christmas and you had better owl me." 

Harry smiled and hugged her once more before turning to Dudley to say goodbye. 

Once the farewells were over Harry and Draco found themselves in a compartment consisting of Evan, Theo, Blaise and Pansy.

"So what did you guys do in the holidays?" Blaise asked casually.

"Harry and his family stayed for the holidays." Draco instantly boasted which caused Harry to burst out laughing. 

"Without me?" Theo asked sounding hurt.

Harry simply shrugged and nodded, "Yeah we stayed for a bit at the start then Mom and Narcissa became good friends like I mean inseparable so we stayed for longer and it turned out to be the whole holidays." Harry said as if he were talking about the weather, not realizing that Pansy's mouth was practically on the floor.

"What do you mean became inseparable! My mom tried to befriend Mrs. Malfoy and they didn't even get along, wait isn't your Mom a muggle?!" Pansy exclaimed.

"Some people become friends naturally and don't have to throw themselves and money at someone to be friends," Draco said saltily. Which caused Harry to laugh again.

Pansy huffed and they all continued talking for the rest of the ride. 

Once they were all seated inside the great hall Dumbledore like every year stood to begin his speech. And much like the other years he gritted his teeth and waited for the fool to shut his mouth.

"Welcome back to year 2's and above and a very warm welcome to year 1's!" Dumbledore exclaimed, his eyes twinkling with fake joy. "Now just before we get on with the sorting I will address some rumors that have been going around. Yes, He who must not be named has been moving around and gaining more followers but fear not because you are safe here. He is indeed trying to re gain a fully human state but once again fear not Hogwarts is safe for we have Harry Potter, the boy who has defeated him on many occasions." Dumbledore smiled wickedly as everyone's eyes turned to him. 

Harry's eyes were as cold as ice and boing right back at Dumbledore. But the old man didn't get the clear message as he continued, "So fear not for he will stop him," The great hall erupted in cheers and Dumbledore smiled. "So tonight I dedicate this feast to him, the future protector and without further ado, the sorting!" 

Harry's eyes barely moved throughout the ceremony. On the outside, he looked calm and collected, but to select few who were close enough to him they could see the firey rage burning up inside of him. 

Draco recognized this and once the ceremony was over he reached out to touch Harry's hand as comfort but instantly hissed in pain.  

All eyes in the friend group were now looking at Draco to see what happened, "Are you okay Dray? What happened?" Harry asked concerned. 

"Yeah, I am fine your just really hot." Draco replied shaking his hand before he stopped, turning crimson, realizing what he had said. 

Theo burst out laughing and Pansy and Blaise shook their heads. Harry, however, didn't acknowledge what was said as he knew what he meant. Harry focussed on getting his body temperature back down to normal before saying.  "Sorry pass me your hand." 

Draco hesitantly looked at Harry. Harry noticed his hesitance and said, "Don't worry, just trust me." 

Draco then gave Harry his sore hand which was now red. Harry hovered his hand over the burn slightly before closing his eyes, concentrating hard. 

Harry winced slightly and Draco looked at his hand confused. 

Once Harry opened his eyes Draco asked him, "Harry what did you do? It doesn't hurt anymore." Draco looked curiously at his hand then back up to Harry.

"It was something else I found out through the holidays," Harry realized that no one else knew of his powers so he leaned in and whispered in Draco's ear and he shivered at the hot breath on his neck, "I am the master of death right? So in the holidays, I found out that I have the power over both life and death. Well not life so much but I can take the pain away from people." 

"Wait really! How!" Draco exclaimed as Harry pulled away.

"I temporarily take the pain but my body processes ain quicker so I can't even feel it anymore." Harry said happily, not whispering as the sensitive information was said.

Everyone else looked confused but Draco looked mortified, "No Har never do that again! That hurts you!" Draco said very worriedly.

"It's fine Dray don't worry," Harry said as he gave a reassuring smile which seemed to ease Draco a little.

"Wait I am so confused right now, what the hell happened in the holidays?!" Pansy exclaimed confused.

"Don't worry guys I'll tell you soon, first I have a little plotting to do." Harry said as his gaze fell once again back on Dumbledore, only this time his gaze wasn't filled with rage. It was now filled with a mischievousness, which somehow was worse. 

----------------------------------------------

Harry knew that it wouldn't be long until Dumbledore wanted to talk to him so all he had to do was wait until he could put his plan into action. 

It was only three days later that Dumbledore announced during dinner, "Harry  my boy would you please meet me in my office when you are finished eating." 

Harry simply nodded his head and fist-bumped Draco when he turned away, "Time for vengeance old man." He whispered.

From the teacher's table James and Lilly gave each other a knowing look, they saw how calm Harry looked and they knew how much he hated the man. It was clear he was planning something. 

Harry politely excused himself from his friends as he walked out of the great hall. Heading towards the statue Harry couldn't help but smile.

"Hello my boy, good to see you so smiley." Dumbledore greeted.

"I guess I am just having a good day Professor." Harry replied.

"That's good my boy, lemon drop?"

"No thanks." Harry replied casually.

"Right well let us continue, what I called you here for was that I know it is a shock to you with this whole Voldemort thing but my boy you cannot look angry or anything other than confident when he is spoken of. You need to inspire confidence otherwise people will be uncertain that you will stop him." Dumbledore spoke seriously.

"But Sir, isn't it a little harsh to put all of that responsibility on a third year?" Harry inquired.

"Yes but Harry, my boy, you are not an ordinary third year." Dumbledore reasoned. 

Harry thought it was about time to start his plan. 

"Sir are you sure it is wise, even though I am no ordinary third year to put the future of the wizarding world on me?" Harry asked twisting the strings. 

In the background, Harry was building. He was building a wall of flowers, extremely flammable flowers, around Dumbledores desk. Careful to make sure Fawkes was nowhere in the shot. 

"Harry, I don't believe that Voldemort will try anything anytime soon so you will be safe for a while still, just for the sake of others please show some confidence in the light." Dumbledore reasoned.

By the time Dumbledore had finished his pep talk, the wall was built and all Harry had to do was light it, and he had the perfect punch line.

"And if I don't Sir?" Harry asked.

"Don't what my boy?" Dumbledore's twinkle faded as the words left Harry's mouth.

"Don't have confidence in the light?" Harry smirked as Dumbledore's features fell and his true colors showed. If even for a moment, the darkness shone through.

At that point, Harry set light to the wall of flowers and Dumbledore instantly flicked himself around. As stupid and self-centered this man was he was regrettably still a powerful wizard. He extinguished the flames before they could do any serious harm, much to Harry's dismay.

"Harry was that you?!" Dumbledore inquired.

Harry put on his best innocent face before saying, "No Sir, how could I have I am sitting right here. To me though, it looks like a prank." Harry smirked knowing fully well that he couldn't blame it on him. 

"Hmmm," Dumbledore grumbled before collecting himself and smiling. "Yes, adolescents really like these pranks huh." Dumbledore laughed before continuing, "Well Harry onto our next order of business." 

Harry was confused about what more could he possibly want to talk about.

"Your inheritance, I realize that it will be in a few short months time. I would like you on the first Hogsmeade to go to Gringotts and see what it is. It will be imperative to know for the fall of the Dark Lord." Dumbledore said trying to sound serious.

"I already know Sir, and I don't think it is imperative," Harry said flatly.

"My boy, what is it?" Dumbledore inquired his eyes twinkling at n alarming rate.

"None of your business Sir  now if you will excuse me I would like to get ready for bed." Harry tried to get up before Dumbledore stopped him.

"Harry I am sick of this!" Dumbledore shouted startling Harry.

"You need to cooperate with me or else we will all die." Dumbledore tried to reason.

"I don't think so Sir, if the wizarding world relies on a third-year to save them all then I am surprised that they are all not dead already," Harry said coldly.

"Harry, listen very closely. You will be the face of this war. You will tell me your inheritance. And you will do everything I tell you or you WILL pay the price. You or someone close to you." Dumbledore said angrily. His presence was no longer twinkling but radiating power and death.

Harry's eyes turned black as he stood, menacingly over Dumbledore."Sir, I would not think it wise to threaten me. Or my loved ones. Do not make a miscalculated decision. Because if anything happens to the people I love. You will find out what inheritance I have and rest assured you won't have a breath left in your body to tell anyone." 

Dumbledore smirked evilly, "Looks like I hit a nerve."

Harry snarled and turned towards the door, leaving with a bang. Almost ripping it off its hinges. Leaving a surprised Dumbledore in his wake. 

Harry was burning with rage. Dumbledore had crossed a line and Harry was furious. He threatened his loved ones. He would get what was coming for him. Sooner rather than later. 'He will die at my hand.' Harry thought furiously. 

Harry burst into the common room eyes black a night and a burning rage inside of him. All eyes turned to him and everyone was paralyzed by fright. Harry sniffed angrily and stormed to his room. Draco instantly snapped out of the faze and followed after him. 

Draco was slower however and didn't get inside his room before the door shut. 

"Har talk to me, let me in?" Draco asked at the door.

"No, I don't want to hurt you Dray." Harry sai back. His voice was noticeably lower than normal.

"Please, I know you won't." Draco pleaded. 

There was a silence that followed before the door quietly clicked open.

"Har?" Draco asked as he walked in.

Harry was sitting on the floor by his bed, he looked up at Draco. His black eyes were now green again and glassed over, tears threatening to spill. 

"Dray-" Harry started before he broke down into sobs. 

Draco instantly shut the door and went running down to Harry side.

"Harry what happened, I am here shhh." Draco soothed hugging Harry close to him. 

"He- He-" Harry stuttered. 

"Breath with me, Harry, in... and out..." Harry and Draco practiced that a few times before Harry said, "He threatened you, and mom and Dud. Everyone I love he said they would pay the price." Harry started crying again.

"Oh Harry," Draco said as he held him closer than he ever had before.

"I don't know what to dod I'm so sorry I shouldn't be putting this on you." Harry tried to pull away.

"No Harry I am your friend and I love you, I want to help." Harry stopped moving and looked at Draco right in the eyes.

"Why aren't you mad, I have just put you in the line of the shot and you're sitting here comforting me?" Harry asked sadly.

"Harry, did you know anger is a secondary response, sadness is the first response, anyone who is angry was hurt first. I'm not angry with you, I am worried about you." 

Harry and Draco looked at each other, Harry trying to find any evidence of lying in Draco's eyes but found none.

"Thank you," Harry whispered. 

"Anytime," Draco whispered leaning in slightly. Looking between Harry's eyes and his lips. 

Harry doing the same. 

When they were only a few centimeters away there was a knock at the door.

"Guys are you in there? Can we come in?" Pansy asked.

"Damn, well we should probably tell them, it kinda concerns them now," Draco said sadly.

"Yeah I suppose," Harry replied sadly also sad that the moment was ruined. 

Harry stood and wiped his eyes. Draco stood also and walked to open the door. 

"Come in guys," Draco said. 

---------------------------------------

After a brief explanation and, a letter to Petunia explaining that they need to be careful and what happened. 

Harry found himself tossing and turning in his bed. Replaying the moment in his head over and over again. 

Draco's voice echoed around his head, "I love you." 

That night Harry fell asleep with a smile filled with pure happiness on his face.

A/N Hey guys sorry I haven't really been very active but here is an especially long chapter for you to say sorry. I will try to post more and I will be trying to write every spare moment I have. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it so much that they are commenting for more! I just wanted to say that when I started this I didn't expect ten people to read but now it has 17.7k reads!!!!! Thank you all so much for sticking with me this long I really appreciate it! Don't forget to comment because I love when people are enjoying the fic it encourages me to write more so yeah! Have a good day/ night!

Wordcount = 2556

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 67 29
A muggleborn Slytherin? Unheard of. What will happen when that girl becomes friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione? What will happen when she falls in...
3.5K 66 23
With the Dark Lord back from the dead, secret friends are faced with a choice. Draco Malfoy takes it upon himself to protect those he loves from the...
119K 3.9K 31
The war had lasted years too long and Harry was left alone, the only one to survive on the battle field. He couldn't take it. But Death had different...
343 238 51
❝And I'll be in denail for at least a little while, what about the plans we made? ❞ Haley Potter twin sister of Harry Potter, finally got the chance...