Roses and Flames *Bakugo Kats...

By myerssam2017

*Bakugo Katsuki x OC* *Mature content: Blood, gore, fighting, mature language* *I do not own anything beside... More

Character
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
πŸŽ…Christmas Special *Part One*πŸŽ…
πŸŽ…Christmas Special *Part 2*πŸŽ…
πŸŽ…Christmas Special *Part 3*πŸŽ…
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author's note
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note
Side Chapter: Carnival/Beach Day Pt. 1
Side Chapter: Anniversary Pt. 1
Side Chapter: Carnival/Beach Day Pt. 2
Side Chapter: Nightmares Pt. 1
πŸŽƒHalloween Pt. 1πŸŽƒ
A/N

Chapter 3

4.1K 107 17
By myerssam2017

        I stood next to the 50 meter dash, trying to figure out how to apply my quirk to make me faster. 

"You look lost in thought." I heard Izuku's voice say. I shot my eyes over to him as I watched him walk over to me. I slowly shook my head with a small smile. 

"Just trying to figure out how to use my quirk is all." I say. 

"Alright, seeing as we have an odd number, Midoriya, Bakugo and Kohana are running together." Aizawa's voice said. I let out a breath, I got down in the ready position letting the vines crawl up my arms and attaching to my back. 

"Runners, on your marks. Ready." The mark meter said. I lifted up my back end, the gun shot rang out. I took the first step and shot my vines out quickly, they latched on to the ground and started pulling me as soon as my feet left the ground. I was first but then Bakugo was neck and neck with me. I tried to go a little more faster, but he got ahead of me. 

"Four point one three seconds! Four point one 4 seconds!" The meter yelled. I groaned quietly, as the vines pulled back from my arms. I rubbed my left arm with my right hand slightly. To ease the small ache. I'm still not 100 percent yet, but I'm pretty close to being there. I glanced up as I heard a growl, I seen Bakugo glaring at me as I rubbed my arm. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk back to Mina and the group.

"Don't turn your back on me extra!" Bakugo yelled. 

"It's not like you where saying anything! You where just standing there glaring at me!" I yelled back. I continued my walk to Mina and the group with them watching me as I did, ignoring the seething teen behind me. I switched arms and start massaging my right arm. The ache going away soon after I started. 

"Still not completely healed yet?" Kirishima asked. 

"No, not all the way, but pretty close." I say with a small smile. Mina watched as I stretched out my arms.

       We moved on to the next test, which was grip strength. I had the grip thing in my hand. I let my vine take over it, I felt some people's eyes on me. I held it out in front of me and gripped my hand tight, the vines contracted as tightly as they could with out breaking themselves as they did it. I heard the device beep, I pulled it closer to me and looked at the numbers 159.5 kilograms. I glanced up and looked around for a second before landing on Bakugo who was watching me closely. I turned my attention back to the others. 

"How much did you get Kohana?" Mina asked walking closer to me. 

"159.5 Kilograms." I say to her. 

"Wow." She mumbled as she looked at the numbers. Soon we moved on to the next test which was the standing long jump. I stood there trying to figure this out. I shot out my vine as I jumped and pulled myself as quickly as my vine could.I was always one step behind on Bakugo. Next was the repeated side step. 

"Well, I have literally no clue on how to use my quirk on this." I mumbled as it was mine turn. I did the best I could. Next was the ball throw. I stood off to the side stretching out my right arm the best I could, a dull ache making its way up my shoulder. 

"Let me see your arm." I heard a voice say I looked up and see Uraraka looking at me with a smile holding out her hands for my arm. I slowly placed my arm in her hands. "I'm gonna help you loosen it up a little." She said with a smile. Izuku was up next, we stood there watching as she carefully massaged my arm, the knots in it slowly becoming looser and less tense.

"If Midoriya doesn't shape up soon, he's going to be the one going home." Iida said as we watched silently. I looked over at him. 

"Huh? Of course he is. He's a quirkless looser." Bakugo said from next to Iida. I rolled my eyes. 

"He has a quirk." Iida said standing up for Izuku. "Did you not hear about what he did in the entrance exam?" 

"Huh?" Bakugo questioned confused. 

"Well you two shut up." I say quietly leaning over Uraraka. They both glanced at me. 

"Who are you telling to shut up! You flower bitch!" Bakugo yelled at me. I simply rolled my eyes at him, turning my head forwards again. I watched as he went to throw the ball, his arm was reeled back. He let go of the ball for it to only land a few feet away from him. 

"Forty-six meters!" The robot said. I had a shocked look on my face, her was going to use his quirk. I turned my head to see my uncle activating his quirk, erasure. My shoulders dropped slightly. My arm fell from Uraraka's grasp as we watched in shock. Everyone stared at my uncle in shock. Izuku said that my uncle was eraser head, they all huddled up to talk about him, me being pulled along by Mina. I stood there with my arms crossed as they talked. 

"He works on the down-low. He doesn't like all the media attention." I say to them as I stood there. 

"You act like you know him." Iida pointed out. I rolled my eyes slightly. 

"That's because he's my uncle." I say to them. 

"WHAT!?" Everyone shouted, even Bakugo was surprised. 

"He was my mom's brother." I say running my hand through my hair. 

"Wait how come your quirk isn't like his then?" Kirishima asked. 

"My mom had a quirk like his, my dad had a quirk similar to mine, mine just evolved from what his was." I say with a shrug of my shoulders. "I just got my dad's quirk. It's as simple as that." I unfolded my arms and placed my hands in my pockets of my pants. We unhuddled and went back to the way we were standing. Except now I stood next to Bakugo. I watched as Aizawa deactivated his quirk letting Izuku's quirk come back. I let out a sigh. I looked over at my uncle as he put some eye drops in his eyes. I looked back at Izuku as he got ready to throw the ball. I gasped as he let go of the ball and it flew through the air at a great speed. I looked at his hand and seen his pointer finger was purple, like it was broken. I narrowed my eye brows in thought, I turned my head and seen in the distance, All Might standing there was watching. I turned my head back to Izuku. I heard a growl from next to me, I turned my head and seen Bakugo pissed off, I heard some explosions, then he ran off. Bakugo was yelling at Izuku and next thing I know I wrapped vines around Bakugo and kept him at bay, pretty easily. I stood there holding the vines, some wrapped around his chest others around his head. 

"Why are your vines so strong?" Bakugo asked turning his head back to face me. 

"Because, it can be used for capturing, but also because I'm stronger than I look." I say tilting my head slightly. 

"Stand down. Both of you." Aizawa's voice said. I turned my head slightly. 

"Not until he calms down." I say. I heard my uncle grumble slightly. 

"It'd be wise to avoid making me use my quirk so much." Aizawa said. 

"You're not even doing anything. Flower Bitch is doing all the work." Bakugo said.

"Let go, Kohana." Aizawa said, I let go of Bakugo. "Also you're up next." He said with a wave of his hand as he walked away. I rolled my eyes slightly, as Izuku and I switched places, my uncle tossed the ball at me, I caught it in my hand and tossed it around a little, my vines wrapped around my right arm and up to the ball. 

"Come on, Kohana we don't have all day." Aizawa mumbled tiredly. 

"Yeah, yeah. Relax." I mumbled quietly. As I turned and walked farther to the back of the circle. 

"What is she doing? If she goes to far back, she won't throw the ball very far." I heard Iida's voice say. I reeled my arm back as I did I felt my vine wrapping around the ball, I squeezed my hand, and threw my arm forward as hard and as fast as I could, my vine followed after the ball and let go, as they did they create a soft whipping sound against the air. 

"That's right. The vines, she can use them as an extension of her arms and legs. The stronger she is the stronger the vine are. I bet the vine are like 10 times more stronger than she is." I heard Izuku's voice mutter quietly. I watched the ball go through the air, I turned to my uncle who held up the device. It read 704.5 meters. I let the vine pull back from my arms and rest against my shoulders, I placed my hands in my pockets and walked back towards the group. 

"Also, Midoriya." Izuku looked over at me. "The vines are only 5 times stronger than me. I haven't full mastered them yet." I say to him. He nodded slowly at me with a thoughtful look on his face. We finished up the rest of the physical tests, a lot of them I couldn't use my quirk for so, I just pushed myself and I think I did pretty well.

          We all stood in front of Aizawa. My hands placed in my pockets as I stood next to Kirishima. 

"All right, time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual's score." He said to us. He pulled up the list, I took a small step forward to look at it better. I ranked fourth, just a under Bakugo. I felt a small pat on my back, I turned my head and looked at Kirishima, who had a smile on his face. I smiled back at him. 

"And I was lying, no one's going home. That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests." Aizawa smiled at us. I blinked at him, with a small shake on my head. I  had a feeling he wasn't going to expel any of us.

"That was pretty nerve-wracking huh?" A guy by the name of Sero Hanta said from the other side of Kirishima, I turned my head and looked at him. 

"Kohana." I heard Izuku's voice say, I turned my head and looked at him as he waved me over to him and his friends. I walked over to him. "I have a few questions about your quirk if you don't mind." 

"Oh, no. Not at all." I say with a smile. "Ask away." 

"I couldn't help but notice, that the spot on your back, is what the vine connect to when you are using them on your body." I slowly nodded my head, we were dismissed so we started walking as he was talking to me. "Can your vines act as if it where armour?" I thought for a moment. 

"Yes, although, it isn't as strong as armour is, but it can act as a protective layer." I say to him with a small nod of my head. 

"And how does it affect you when you use it to much?" 

"Uh, dehydration is a big thing that normally happens, because the vines take water from my body when I use them, then if I get to much pressure it can cause my muscles to tear and/or break my bones."  He nodded his head and started mumbling to himself. I turned my head and seen Bakugo walking a little ways away seeming like he was listening to what we were saying. Aizawa sent Midoriya to get his finger fixed. 

          After class I was walking out of the gates. I turned the corner and jumped seeing Bakugo standing there. We stood there looking at each other for a second. 

"What you looking at Flower Bitch?" He grumbled lowering his head. I rolled my eyes at him. 

"You know I have a name." I grumbled back going to walk past him. 

"What did you say to me?!" He yelled grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me closer to him.  

"I said, I have a name. Maybe you should try using it sometime." I narrowed my green eyes at him, his crimson eyes boring into me as he stared down at me.

"I don't need to learn names of extras who aren't on my level." He said, my back pressing against the wall now. 

"I'm the one that tied with you in the entrance exam. So don't try and tell me I'm not on your level." I say to him. His face fell for a second in shock. "I am Kohana Kobayashi. The girl that tied with you for first place." I added. I watched as a fire lit behind his eyes in realization. A growl ripped through the air as his hands started to get hot, explosions sounded from his palm that wasn't on my shirt. 

"I want to fight you!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes. 

"Is everyone competition to you?" I ask trying to get out of his grasp. He got angrier at me, his grip tightened. I did a quick movement, I hit his elbow with the heel of my hand up, grabbing his collar and kicking his feet out from under him, next thing he knew he was on the ground on his ass. I stood in front of him with my arms crossed. "Before you pick a fight. How about you find out who you are fighting first." I say before turning and walking off down the hall. I heard a scream, I turned my head and seen him coming at me full force. I moved to the side, I grabbed his arm that was out in front of him, I pushed my shoulder into his stomach and used his momentum to fling his body over mine and made him land on his back. He gasped for air. 

"I'm serious this time. Stop." I stared down at him. "I was trained to not use my quirk in fights too. So I don't need to use my quirk to protect myself." I sighed as he growled looking up at me. "Look. I don't doubt that you are strong. I'm sure you'll make a great hero, even a number one hero. But I am not going to fight you to see who's stronger." His face went into a shocked look as I talked to him. I let go of his arm, and continued my walk home. I glanced back and seen him standing there watching me with a uncertain look on his face. I sighed and continued my walk placing my ear buds in my ears as I did so.                                                        

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 182 32
"You have the heart of a hero, kid. You just haven't realized it yet." When a teenager with a dual quirk named Ayaka Kurosawa is recommended for the...
7.2K 204 30
I offered my sister to help with teaching her new private student. I don't know her that well but I recognize her. We met a long time ago by accident...
1.5M 54.4K 60
"Any last words Hero?" "Do you like to breathe?" [Y/n] transfers to UA in her second year and quickly solidifies her position as one to watch, especi...
206 1 19
Riley Akira is on her way to becoming a hero. But a year before she goes to UA High, she's in a bad car crash. Causing her to lose both parents while...