Billionaires' War (Completed)

By CoraStar_

Cora Verell inherited Verell Enterprises upon her father's death. But she discovers a secret that leads to he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaper 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Thank You
Trillionaires' War

Chapter 26

8.9K 358 85
By CoraStar_

I woke up with a smile on my face. For the first time ever I wake up to Omer sleeping cozily beside me. I run my finger up and down his chest. His sleep state is so peaceful, it makes him look like a child. I can't believe I never saw that before. My mother would always tell me that when we slept it took years off of our appearance. I smiled at the memory. I used to think she was crazy, but looking at him I know she was right.

I pressed my lips lightly to his. That didn't even wake him up. I decided to just let him sleep. I took his dress shirt from the floor and slipped it on. I quietly closed the door behind me and made my way to the top deck where the kitchen was. I almost jumped in joy when I saw the Keurig coffee maker.

"Thank the coffee God on this day for your mercy." I joked to myself. The sun was shining from all directions. I took my mug of coffee and stood at the edge. The sun was beaming hot. The tall buildings seem closer than last night. The water is calm. It just feels so relaxing. I took a sip of my drink, letting that and the sun warm me up.

I smiled widely at nothing in particular. Everything seems so perfect.

"Günaydın." I heard the voice on my ear. It made me jump so high that it send my mug flying as I fell into the water.

I swam to the surface with a deadly glare. "What the hell?" I yelled at him.

"So it's my fault you fell in?" He laughed at me. He had the audacity to laugh at me.

"You scared me. So, yes it's your fault! Now I'm wet again."

He grins at my complaint. It was clear that he didn't find me imitating at all. I probably looked like a wet sea lion to him right now. "Come." He held is hand down. "I'll help you up." I reluctantly took his hand. He pulled me up like I was some kind of light feather.

I gave him my famous glare and pointed my finger at him in warning. "Don't. You. Dare. Laugh." I pushed past him and made my way back to the bedroom. I shut the door in his face, and ignored the knocks. "Go away." I yelled out.

My clothes from yesterday is still wet so that was out of the list of options. I went into the small closet and saw a few dress shirts. I took the darkest one and put it on. It covered all the neccessary parts. That's what mattered.

I felt the boat move so I made my way up to the top deck again. I saw Omer navigate the boat to the docks, so I didn't disturb him. I laid down on the sofa and closed my eyes taking in the sun. I really hope it dries my hair. The last thing I needed was to get sick from yesterday's and today's splash around.

After what seemed like a while, I felt the boat stop moving. I closed my eyes from the glare of the sun as Omer came into my view. He looked annoyed and bothered.

"What happened?" I asked him curiously.

"Let's go. Keep your head down. And stay close to me."

"Omer-", I was interrupted by the calling of my name followed by flashes of cameras. Paparazzi. How did they even find us?  Omer put his arm around me, covering me as much as he could. I heard the questions being thrown from all directions as we stepped off the boat.

Cora! Can you tell us anything about Charles Blair's attack on you?

Did you have an form of brain injury?

Is it true you took out a retraining order on Charles Blair?

How do you feel about being attacked by your ex-hisband?

Omer? How do you feel about your wife being attacked?

I don't think they had the capability to shut up. We were being bombarded from left to right. One of them reach out to grab my arm, trying to get my attention, but Omer shove him. "Don't touch her." He warned. There's something about Omer that demanded instant authority because they actually listened.

He pushed me quickly into the car. I kept my head down, letting my hair cover my face as they knocked on the the window. No ones picture can be so valuable. Can't they tell how uncomfortable it is for me to be photographed in just a oversized dress shirt? More than likely yes, but they hardly cared.

When Omer got into the car he watsed no time to speed off. I let out a breathe of relief, finally lifting my head. "Why can't they ever leave us alone?" It was a rhetorical question, but he answer anyways.

"Because we are who we are."

Much to Omer's dismay, I went to work. It's already three in the afternoon and I still had a few more documents I needed to review. I tried my best to finish them within the hour. I had to go back home for hair and makeup for that charity event tonight. I really want to cancel. Though I knew I couldn't. If I didn't show up to it people will start talking about how chaotic my life truly is. I needed to appear like everything's okay. Because nothing could ever affect a Verdell. This ruse is truly taking a toll on me. I just want to go home, wait for Omer, and fall asleep in his arms. That's the simple life I want.

I finished the last document in record time. I finally went into the closet and changed into a nice blouse and dress pants and matching shoes. Good thing Andrea always keeps my office closet stocked with emergency clothes. I don't want to exit the office looking like I just had sex. Even if I did come in that way.

I let the guards escort me out. Good thing they took me out the back to avoid any of the flashy cameras that won't stop stalking me. If those flashes were any brighter I might get a nice tan from them.

I felt relief when the mansion came into view. The doors opened from the mansion. I was instantly greeted by Chloe. "Hey. Saw TMZ. That whole sex look you had going on was gross, but I'm happy you guys had fun." She commented.

"Forget you saw that."

"Pretty hard when it's plastered all over social media. Oh, by the way, there's some people that came calling themselves the Glam squad. They're waiting in your room."

"I have a charity event tonight. I'm going with Omer. You should come with us." I invited her.

She shook her head. "I can't. I have a test tomorrow. Your husband is being a hardass about school. He's also making me learn Turkish. It's so hard. Like I feel like I'm saying it right, but my teacher said I'm not pronouncing it correctly."

"Really? Come. Talk to me while they get me ready."

"I really want to. Like really really want to, but I have etiquette class in ten mintues. Can you tell me which fork I can kill myself with?"

"Can't help you with that." I joked back. "But try to take in everything okay? Good luck."

"Fine. I'll see you later."

"See you." I made my way to my room. My team already had everything layout. Makeup, dress, shoes, hair products. I did my usual routine and showered first. I made it the quickest one yet. I then took a seat on the vanity chair, and let them work their magic.

After a few hours I finally finished. Good thing too. I was starting to fall asleep on the chair. I dismissed everyone. When they were gone I finally took a long look in the mirror. My hair cascades down my back in hollywood curls. My dress was cross cut on my chest and fell down the floor with an open slit on the side. The black satin material made it look rich. What makes everything  perfect is my diamond earings. They gave me the sophistication I needed with such a tight dress.

I took a look at my phone. It's five thirty. Omer said he was going to come get me at six, but didn't he need to get ready myself? I sat on the edge of the bed, contemplating whether to call him or not. That's when my phone rang.

"Yes, Andrea?" I answered.

"There's something you need to see. I had someone look into it to vertify if it was true. It is. Before I show you, I need you to take a couple of deep breaths okay?"

"Andrea, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"Just promise me you won't do anything impulsive."

"I promise. Now tell me what is wrong."

"I'm sending it you now."

"Okay." I disconnected the call. I opened the email she sent me, and clicked on the link.

My heart dropped. The bold words on the top made time freeze for a moment. I felt my breath escape my lungs. It can't be true.

BREAKING NEWS:
VERONICA POLAT FOUR MONTHS PREGNANT

It can't be true. There's no way because if it was that would mean Omer is the father. My eyes widen in realization. No. I heard my phone ring, I knew it was Andrea calling me back, but I ignored it. I have to see him. I need to talk to him. I exited my room and went down the stairs. I ignored Chloe calling out my name. I let the breeze consume me when I opened the doors. The driver go out the car.

"Mrs. Aslan." He greeted.

"Give me the keys." I extend my hand for them.

"But Mrs. Aslan-"

"Give me the keys now!" I yelled.

He gave them to me without any more protests. I slipped into the driver seat and took off to Omer's office. I tried my best not to speed, but my emotions were getting the better of me. Luckily there were no cops around to stop me.

I parked in front of the building. Holding my gown up, I entered it with determination. John took notice of me and intercepted my way to the elevators. "You can't go up there."

"Let me through, John. I need to talk to him."

"Please, Mrs. Alsan. It's not a good idea. Trust me."

"Don't you dare tell me what to do. Move. Now!" I ordered.

"Please-" I pushed passed him and went into the open elevators. I let the doors close on him. He couldn't stop me now.

As I passed each floor I felt my heart beat louder. I took a couple of deep breaths to calm down, but I felt like a was sinking. Like everything was about to fall before my own eyes. And there was nothing I could do about it.

The ding announced my arrival. I made my way to his door, but stopped short when I heard the voices. The door is slightly ajar so I could see and hear everything clearly. I don't know why, but I just stood there paralyzed as I watched them.

He kissed her lightly. She barley pushed him away from her. Her head lowered, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Please, Omer. Just let me-"

"No more excuses, Veronica. I know this child is mine. We will be a family."

"Omer, you're married. You have a family."

"I'll get a divorce. We will raise our child together. That's the way it should be. Tell me you don't want this. Tell me."

"Omer, please stop."

"You can't stop me from being a father to my own child."

"No. No. No. Just listen to me."

"No more, Veronica. It's done. This is happening whether you like it or not." He leaned down and kissed her again.

I looked away. I felt like my heart stop beating. I blinked away the tears and did my best to push all of my feeling aside. When I felt confident enough I narrowed my eyes and pushed the door open. I startled both of them. She pushed him away instantly. Her eyes were wide.

"Cora-" Omer acknowledged my presence, but he seemed stuck for words.

"So it's true." I said. "You're pregnant." I looked at Veronica.

"Cora-" Omer tried to say something, but she interupted him.

"Can we please just sit down." Veronica suggested. "I need to clear this up."

"What do you have to clear up?" I asked sarcastically? "It looks pretty clear to me."

"It's not Omer's baby." She blurted out.

Omer and I stared at her confused. "What do you mean by that?" He asked her.

"That's what I've been trying to explain to you. I got Inseminated a few months ago. I didn't want Daisy or my family to find out so I kept it quiet. Then I saw the news. I really don't know how they found out. I promise. I would never do that to you both. I came here as soon as I found out to tell you, but you didn't let me talk. I'm sorry." She finished. She then turned to me with guilty eyes. "I'm really sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen." With one final look at Omer, she left.

I stood there watching my husband process her words. "It's not mine." He said.

My anger rose. I felt like a twig in me snapped. "I want a divorce." His eyes snapped to mine.

"No."

"I don't care. I'm done."

"The child is not mine, Cora. You heard her."

I ket out a dry laugh. "You told her you'd divorce me thinking you were the father of that baby. You were willing to throw us away for a hope of a family with her. You didn't care about me or Chloe when you said you'd have a family." He stood quiet. He was lost for words. He took.one step towards me, but I took two back. "You know what? I love you, Omer." That took him off guard. "I love you. When I heard those words coming out of your mouth I felt like I couldn't breathe. Like I meant nothing to you. You were willing to throw me aside for her. No matter what I do. I won't ever be her for you." I gave him time to respond, but he just stood there with emotionless eyes. "I lied to myself. I thought for a moment that maybe you could somehow fall in love with me. Now I'm thinking back and I realize just how stupid I was. The trip to Turkey? You could've booked another flight for them, but you didn't. You could've booked a hotel for them, but you didn't. You have pictures of her in your closet. Memories that you constantly keep around you. I tried so hard to ignore it because I knew you needed time. I was okay with that. I didn't once say anything. I gave you that time. No questions asked."

"Cora-"

"I told you yesterday, if you had an ounce of doubt about us to tell me. You said you cared for us. For our family. You lied." I wiped the falled tears angrily. "I'll called Bane to start the divorce process. Regarding Chloe, she'll decide who she stays with. I'll have Andrea pick up my things from your house tommorow. I wish you a good life, Omer. I truly do."

I was leaving when I left his hand grip my arm. "You will not leave me."

"Watch me." I pulled my arm free and walked out of his office.

I left the building without so much as a glance back. I drove losing myself to my thoughts. I didn't notice where I went to until my car door opened. I wiped away my tears and forced a smile on my face. The man escorted me onto the red carpet. All the cameras began to flash. People around me awed at my beauty. I counted to ten and repeated over and over again. I felt the weight of my wedding rings cling to me. I blew a kiss to the cameras even though inside I felt trapped and hurt. Regardless of how I felt, I put on the best show of my life.

****Author's note****

I rewrote this chapter 3x times. Can you believe it? I didn't want it to feel rushed or mislead the characters from their own personalities. It was hard. The above picture is of Omer and Veronica.

If you have any comments on it let me know. I just want to make sure that the story is flowing along perfectly. I never want my story to feel rushed, or too detailed, or not enough. If it's not flowing or transitioning nicely let me know.

Fair warning. This isn't the climax of the the story. The worst comes in the next two chapters. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.6K 35
Being married to billionaire Dominic Lewis gives Savannah Lewis everything one could dream of. Money, diamonds, luxury, and a glamorous lifestyle-the...
99.5K 3.5K 76
Liana has always longed to unravel the secrets of her past. With her parents absent from her life, she finds solace in the shadows, until a chance en...
63.8K 5.4K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
456K 8.7K 13
#3 in the Undiscovered writers awards for chicklit genre #107 in Chicklit 20 December 2016 #9 in Undiscovered SAMPLE ONLY. To read the story in full...