FOR DEATH'S HEART

CaptNAndrews tarafından

Salem Rines keeps dying prematurally. Well, it's not like her life has ever been easy. With her parents murd... Daha Fazla

| Prologue|
| One |
| Two |
| Three |
| Four |
| Five |
| Six |
| Seven |
| Eight |
| Nine |
| Ten |
| Eleven |
| Twelve |
| Thirteen |
| Fourteen |
| Fifteen |
| Seventeen |
| Eighteen |
| Nineteen |
| Twenty |
| Twenty One |
| Twenty Two | Special POV chapter!
| Twenty Three |
| Twenty Four |
| Twenty Five |
| Twenty Six |
*Shameless self-advertising >:)
| Twenty Seven |
| Epilogue |
My Blog!

| Sixteen |

365 28 7
CaptNAndrews tarafından

Hey! I realized the names could be a lil' confusing so here's some pronunciations:

Enirr: Nur (E is silent)

Akjan: Ay-ten (like icelandic pronounce)

Myserien: Miss-ri-en

Saanti: San-tee

Carter: Car-tur

Salem: Say-lem

Erelim: Er-lem

Seraphim: Ser-a-fi (m is silent)

NOTE: If you have any other names you have questions about let me know! 

Remember to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW! 

| Sixteen |

Salem:

"Oh you're exaggerating," she giggled sipping her coffee, "I don't drive that badly."

My fingers were still running through the mess on my head. Trying to flatten the strands that seemed to be scared to death. Akjan drove like an eighteen year old high schooler who was on their way to a booty call.

"Who gave you a license?" I gasped.

She rolled her eyes, "I got my license on the first try. After showing the instructor my perspective of course. But still – he could have technically refused."

I blinked at her not knowing what she meant by that but was sure I did not want to know. Instead, I sipped at the green tea in front of me. I would have preferred mine spiked with vodka or something stronger but Akjan insisted the tea would clear my head.

"So, do you live in the funeral home?" I asked quietly, changing the subject.

She nodded, sipping her coffee, "Beside the morgue. I have the cutest little basement apartment. Eric is a doll like that. Despite being a bastard half the time. That's why I chose to follow him."

"Follow him?" I echoed confused.

She waved my question off, "And you? Why did you pick that dick-head Carter?"

I blushed, my eyes dropping down to watch the steam from my cup rise, "It's a long story."

"We have time."

A soft, sad sigh escaped my lips and I nodded. "I guess it'll be good to talk about. Carter and I grew up together – like from day one. And after my family died I realized he was still there for me. Or he was. I don't know why happened between us. I don't know when we started crumbling."

I paused, a sob escaping my lips and I covered my eyes with my hands. I felt like complete shit. My heart hurt so damn bad for him and I wasn't sure he loved me in years. How long had he been cheating on me with that Seri woman? It hurt. It hurt worse than the day my parents died.

"Honestly, he's not worth getting upset over. He may have been your first one but," she drawled out, pulling my face up so my eyes met hers, "he's not your number one. He's a boy stick in a man's body and you. You need a man."

I giggled slightly at that, quickly wiping my tears, "And what man would want me?"

Her eyes twinkled with mischief, "I can think of one."

At her words I blushed as those words replayed in my mind.

"You are beautiful and delicious. Or perhaps I am weak, but I wished to go farther. I wished to burry myself deep inside you and do sinful things. More than just your request to kiss."

His rich and creamy voice that had me squeezing my legs together. I took a breath and rubbed my face, trying to get the lust out of my system. Christ, I was going through a terrible breakup and all I could think of was Enirr. His lips, his voice, his body.

"So," Akjan purred, pulling me out of my dirty thoughts, "Let's go out tonight. I know the perfect club. We can have fun, let loose, and you can forget about that tool."

I was surprised at her suggestion, "Why would you want to do that for me? Why be nice to me at all? I don't understand."

She shrugged her shoulders then grinned, "Being alone is a shitty feeling. Besides, I think it's going to be fun being your friend. As fun as it is being Enirr's friend."

I shivered at her words, not sure what I'd be getting myself into but I think I liked it. I wanted the change, I wanted to move on not only from Carter but with my life as well. I didn't want to continue to rot away, I wanted to live. Not just for the sake of those I lost, but for myself too.

"I'd like that," I said with a small smile, "Yeah. That sounds nice."

"Good!" she hummed, pushing herself away from the worn out coffee table then standing.

She threw a few bills on the table and I followed suit, frowning as she waved off my money. I followed her back to the suspicious car then said a quick prayer to god before getting in. I wasn't a big believer, but I'd need all the luck I could get to survive her driving.

"Um," I said awkwardly as she started the car, "Could you drop me off at a hotel? Or better yet, a motel? I'm not going back to Carter's any time soon."

"Motel?" she laughed, "No. You're going to be staying with Enirr and me at the funeral home. It's not like you aren't welcome there anyways. Ooh, Enirr is going to be ecstatic."

I flushed, ecstatic wasn't the right word, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why? Worried you'll end up boning him?"

My jaw tumbled open as I sputtered, "What? No! I-I-uh-that wasn't even on my mind!"

"Relax," she said rolling her eyes and narrowly missing taking out another car's mirror, "I am totally ok with that. By all means, only father knows how much he needs a break."

Father?

"Are you and Enirr related?" I asked hesitantly.

Her eye slid to mine for a brief moment, "Let's just say we grew up in the same orphanage."

God. And I thought I had it bad.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"I'm not," she laughed, "we are above having idols. When you think about it – we are the idols."

I nodded slowly, biting my lip. Sounds like Akjan and Enirr both had some family issues of their own. It made be feel selfish thrusting all my problems onto them without even considering their lives. I felt like a terrible person.

"Uh oh," she hummed lowly making me pull my head up.

I watched as she pulled into the funeral home drive way and at the end of the short stretch, with his arms crossed over his chest was Enirr. Looking entirely pissed off and one hundred present attractive.

I bit my lip nervously as Akjan slipped out and tossed him the car keys. He caught them mid-air and with a sinking feeling I realized whose car she had stolen. I watched the two share words lowly before his eyes narrowed even more and his head swung towards me.

"Wait!" I cried climbing out of the car quickly, "Don't blame her! I asked her to come and get me. Uh, Carter and I – w-we broke up. I don't have anywhere to go."

My voice cracked then faded and I willed myself not to cry. Silence fell over us then he sighed deeply, "You don't have to worry. I already said you are welcome here and I meant it. However, I will disagree with your plans to go out this evening for a night of drinking that horrid substance and dancing vulgarly."

My eyes shot up and I blinked slowly at him, "You mean clubbing?"

"Whatever you wish to call it," he grumbled with a frown, "It is a scheme to allure the attention of lustful humans. You're merely asking for trouble."

"Um, what?" I asked slightly annoyed at what he was getting at.

Akjan whistled lowly, "Enirr you're two seconds away from sleeping in the doghouse."

"Why would I do that?" he questioned, "We do not own a dog."

I relaxed slightly knowing he probably didn't even realize what he was getting at. Instead I giggled softly, despite the exterior that oozed sex appeal and power I could see a kid inside Enirr. A kid that was stuck in the eighteen centuries.

"Why don't you come with us?" I asked.

"That sounds like a terrible idea," he huffed, running a hand through his long locks.

Akjan pulled on his arm and whispered something in his ear. Instantly his eyes widened then his face harden and he looked back to me. I shifted from foot to foot nervously until she let him go. He nodded once then turned on his heels and began to walk towards the front doors. I looked at Akjan who smiled coyly.

"He decided to be our designated driver – doesn't that sound lovely?" she chirped then followed after him.

I looked up at the sky where the sun was setting and smiled. There was a light, warm feeling in my chest that I couldn't explain. But...it was nice and I didn't want it to go away. So, I pulled my bag from the back seat and followed the two, odd siblings inside the funeral home excited for whatever adventure came of it. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

377 11 7
Hell is deadly. Heaven is too marvelous. What's in between? War. Xander died, but not quite. God made him immortal to recreate what had happened in t...
43.5K 2.8K 15
Two women caught in a struggle between Death and the Dark One … Gabriel – Death – is winning the ground war against demons in the mortal realm. But a...
7.8K 477 37
*Completed* He wasn't an angel, he wasn't a saint, so why was he standing in front of Ardia, and why did he know her name? Ardia was a normal gir...
15.3K 1K 23
After the fall of my brother all of us had been shocked - and we were concerned we might fall as well if we mess up something so we had been silent a...