| Eighteen |

| Eighteen |

Enirr:

"No!" Salem shrieked, laughing, "Stop it Akjan! It's too much!"

"You're drunk already?" Akjan giggled in her own drunken state, thrusting another shot towards Salem.

I sighed from where I sat. In a booth on the second floor of the club. Up here, the lights were much dimmer and there were less flashy lasers darting about. Not to mention that dreadful music was less so.

"Enirr," Salem slurred sitting beside me, her legs thrown over mine.

I stiffened, watching her carefully, "Yes little one?"

"Why are you so nice to me?" she asked with a pout, "I-I'm not anything special but you're so nice to me. Carter isn't this nice to me. Actually, I think he hates me now. Yeah he definitely does. Something about angel's wrath or whatever. I-I didn't even know he was religious! But he was cheating on me. I'm confused."

I could barely follow her rambling. So instead, I placed one of my hands on her head. She stilled, her breath catching and her doe eyes widening. Deep inside me, I could feel my heart quickening. This human...I truly had grown attached to her.

"Your hair, in the sunlight it glows gold. Like the very beings in the Almighty itself," I tell her softly, "It is true your beauty attracted me however, it would seem the more time I spend in your grace the longer I wish to remain at your side."

She titled her head slightly, her body leaning towards me as her lips neared mine, "So you mean you like me? Like...like-like me?"

I blinked down at her, "I do not understand what you mean. However, I think it is time to go."

"Go? Home?" she sniffled, tears in her eyes, "I don't have a home anymore."

Anger and sorrow coiled around inside me. I knew just the feeling; however, I would not dare allow her to feel such a way. My fingers curled into a fist, that pain I had gone through...I will not allow her to sink to such feelings.

"If you do not have one," I tell her with a small smile, "Then I will become your new home."

"I would like that," she giggled, closing her eyes and curling up into my chest.

Now, it was time to leave this place.

"Akjan," I ordered turning my attention to the fallen angel.

However, she was no longer on the floor of dancing but at the bar. At the bar talking lowly to another fallen angel. My eyes narrowed at the woman and suddenly I feared for the tiny human in my arms.

At the bar Myserien stood. Her lips painted red, with her long black locks curled. She wore a lace dress – dare I call it such – that sat above her knees. She wore sparkling, black heels eight inches tall. It was clear her appearance was appealing, around her human men flocked just to hear her speak.

However, as her glowing aquamarine eyes landed on me she smirked, "Enirr."

My back straightened and I looked over to Akjan who seemed to be watching us carefully. Myserien walked over, her hips swaying as she did. She batted her lashes at me, pushing her glory towards me.

Despicable.

"Why are you here?" I demanded.

Her eyes widened then narrowed as they rested on Salem. As if instincts had it's pull on me, my arms tightened around Salem's sleeping form. Myserien watched the movement closely, then smiled. It was a tight smile – one that I had always given Raphael.