| Five |

| Five |

Enirr:

Returning to my Abyss. I had found the human, and I had talked to her. I had discovered her name. I paced the bright space near the bed where Cronas lay. I found myself confused and bothered. After returning back to my home, I do not know why I entered this space. I do not know why the image of Cronas and Maria had my heart throbbing. I could blame a mysterious illness but I knew that would not be the truth.

Salem Rines.

That human riled something up inside me. An interest I had seen in Cronas and Lucifer long ago. An interest that had lead to a love. It was foolish and dangerous. Angels were not made to love. We were made to defend those pathetic humans because they could not defend themselves. We were not made to love them.

"I need to get rid of that human," I mutter to Cronas, knowing there was no life time where he would ever answer.

I needed to get rid of her and quickly. Lest my interest may turn into a disgusting fascination. The right thing to do would take her soul – she had died many, many times already. However I refused to take a soul out of the cycle. I needed to discovery why she was dying and I needed her to first be alive for that. Once I discovered why she was dying I could determine if it was of the natural cycle.

Then I would be rid of her.

With the flick of my wrist, I moved from the bright space into the dark of the Abyss. In the past, the dark had comforted me. It was where I belonged for betraying my kind, however I would rather betray my kind than ever betray Lucifer. For that angel, I would gladly die.

Even despite his taste for that angel blood.

I moved through the darkness, until I reached a wall of pitch black. There, I placed my hand on it and summoned my glory to my side. It shifted and shaped until my scythe lay in my other hand. Then I swung it, slicing the wall in half to where, behind it floated a ball of gold.

The angel of construction's glory.

I waved my hand towards it – then pulled back quickly when the chains around it appeared. Satisfied with my trap, I turned around then walked away. As I did the wall behind me began to remold. It was the one task Lucifer entrusted me with. In desperate times like these that soul comforted me. It was a task I had successfully kept guarded for the past fifty years.

Flicking my wrist again, I willed myself back to the surface. Doing so, I stumbled slightly at the dizzy feeling but quickly regained myself. I would not be so weak while moving through time and spaces. That should be child's play for someone of my stature.

I appeared luckily, in my office. However it would seem my luck had ran out as the door flung open and Akjan wandered in. My eyes narrowed at the woman as she hummed a bright tune before reaching my desk and helping herself to the peach hard candies out of the glass bowl. Only when I cleared my throat did the blasted angel face me.

"Oh? Enirr you're back," Akjan's voice bubbled, annoying me further.

I tilted my head towards her before swiping the candy out of her hand, "What are you doing here? I do not pay you to wander around like a fool and stealing my candy."

She rolled her eyes, "Relax. The little girl's body's ready for the funeral tomorrow. I just need to put her in the stupid purple dress. Honestly, I don't understand why people pick the ugliest things to be buried in. Like honestly, a purple dress with yellow hearts? How unfashionable."

My eye twitched, "Akjan I do not wish to speak to you right now. Go away."

"Excuse me?" she snapped, "You're so rude! Maybe I'll quit!"

I sighed deeply, rubbing my forehead, "Please do."

"Then who would do the bodies huh? I cannot see you doing them, you're too dainty."

"Do not call me dainty, and I would not do it. Foolish woman, I would pay someone else to do it. I am above grunt work, people pay me to send the wandering souls into peace. NOT to touch human bodies."

She frowned, pulling herself to sit on my desk.

"No. Absolutely not, get off my desk," I snap.

Rolling her eyes she hopped off, "You need to go out and have fun. Or go back to hell and beg Michael for your place back. You're so uptight."

"Get out Akjan, you are annoying me."

At that she left. However it did not make my anger simmer. How dare she imply I should return to the Almighty? I had long ago left that place – I was an outsider now. I would not go gravelling back just because I dislike the humans.

I would not betray Lucifer in such a manor. Evenif he had insisted I follow my own path. I was loyal to my mentor and to myrole as the guard of the Abyss. I did not need anything else, and I had nodesire for any other foolish roles, especially interests in woman.