watchdog ➼ zackray 《Yankee...

By simonexviii

based from the drama CD Yankee Gakkuen AU . Isaac Foster is a student at Satsuten High. A delinquent. He do... More

❝study with me.❞
❝Sensei.❞
❝Persistent Brat.❞
❝Protection!❞
❝Blue Like Your Eyes.❞

❝her watchdog.❞

1.7K 34 17
By simonexviii

Prologue - 1/3

"..Be my watchdog."
She calmy plead with those ocean blue saucers meeting the gaze of the boy 30 cm taller than her.

....huh?!

Part 1 - Her Watchdog.

The school bell's ring echoed— A signal all students on campus should be in class. But this student in particular,

"Tch. That bell is so damn annoying." The boy yawned.

Isaac Foster was that student. And he never cared to show up on time or even at all. He kneeled down and rested his bat over his shoulders. He pulled down his brown hoodie to hide the sun's rays on his bandaged face and jet-black hair.

" . . . Sigh." It was so boring but by this point he had gotten used to it. He was a no good delinquent and spent his school hours to himself. Sometimes though, he wondered why he even showed and didn't just ditch altogether. He was lonely. Nobody spoke to him, or even batted an eye at him. He was the most feared guy on campus— Oddly enough, he liked it that way.

The girl with long golden locks strolled down the outskirts of the school in her uniform. She too was skipping.

Rachel Gardner. A silent yet rebellious girl. She gave off the vibe of an innocent goody-two shoes who'd never do wrong or even do such things as skip class. But she took advantage of that and her intelligence.  Missing class was no big deal when she could easily pass all her exams. She did as she wanted. But today—
She had wanted something. A request.

Who better to ask than the guy she had a feeling would do it best.

"Foster..."

She actually didn't know him or even cared to. This would be the first time ever seeing him. But even with his horrible reputation...The girl was bold.

Did she have a death wish? There was no way a guy like this would consider. Isaac Foster wasn't just a guy you could walk up to and expect him to hold a conversation. He's  threatening and certainly this girl wasn't an exception.

Rachel had researched about him while sneaking into student records. She had an idea of where'd he be —A delinquent would be.

She glanced around the corner,  there it was. The dumpsters. She didnt understand why anyone would want to be by such a bad stench but her shoes tapped getting closer.

"So much..garbage.." There were soda cans scattered everywhere and a few chip bags. "What a mess.." She thought in a bit of disgust. This guy had better been worth it for her to see how untidy he must be. Gross.

Isaac was sitting down still and shot up from the sounds he heared. They were foot steps. Foster readied his bat and stood up to catch the person by his turf.

Skkrtt.. A soda can was lightly kicked in his sight.

The footsteps grew louder as they came gradually closer. He smirked, he couldn't wait to see the look on this persons face when he startles them.

Step. Step. Step. They came to a stop.

He stared down and gave a menacing glare. "Who the fuck.." It was a short girl with blonde hair that went down her back wearing a long pleated blue skirt that suited her quite nicely. She was a cutie.

"The hell do you want?" He cooly began to speak, "Scram! Get Lost!" He attempted to put some fear in the girl. But she didn't flench.

The girl reached out her hand and placed it on his chest. Gazing up at his mismatched eyes. His golden eye glared intensely at her, "Huh!?!" Her actions caught off guard. Not only did she not flench but she dared touch him as well?

What a weirdo...

Her doll-like blue eyes continued to stare. Then shut. Her finger traced his chest going upward..trickling up his neck , his adam's apple then his chin. How did he let this slide?

He rendered himself defenseless to her odd acts. No girl ever dared touch him in such a manner, he had yet to move a muscle. He let it happen until she mouthed, "You are strong like they say?"

He had enough of this shit. "What the hell are ya doin'?! You freak!" He bluntly yelled. He gripped his slender bandaged hands tightly around the bat. Letting such a weak girl do something like that to him. Disgusted by it so much so..

"I wanna puke."

Why wasn't she showing any fear? The fucks up with this bitch?!? Is all he could think. "I.." The girl started her sentence.

"I have a request to ask you."

Even though she had a calm demeanor, she was actually anxious. She didnt think it would be so easy. "What is it?" He took a step back away from her. And grinded his teeth, Her demeanor really pissed him off. It wasn't what he wanted or expected from such a petite girl.

She wasn't done with her silent inspection of the boy 30 cm taller than her. She came closer and before he knew it she had closed him into the wall. Why couldn't he show her how tough he was now as he did was everyone so aimlessly? He hadn't understood yet but this girl... she really put him at unease. "S-Stay back!"

Was he flustered? Embarrassed? Or just weirded out?

She grabbed his arm as she tried to feel for muscle possibly. It was hidden under his black jacket and brown hoodie so she really couldn't tell.

He growled, "I said get away from me!" He roughly pushed her and she fell , bum first on the ground. In shook she sat there.. "His movements are fast. But he seemed to be hesitating.. " she thought to herself.

"You're tough.. I expected it.." She wasn't disappointed after all. He had to be what she was looking for. A bodyguard.

"..Be My Watchdog,"

Her ocean blue saucers gazed at him. The look in her eyes were almost as if she was begging, she's been yearning to find someone for this. To her, Isaac Foster would come in handy.

Perplexed, he stared back at her. He opened his mouth, giving out a long exaggerated

"HUUHHH?!?"

He almost felt insulted. Being called a dog. How dare she disrespect him like that. It angered him. Just thinking of being some sort of pet that takes orders from this girl.

But the look in her doll-like eyes were so pleading. He had to turn his glimpse away,

"Tch. Forget it. What type of guy do you take me for?!"

"Oh." She nonchalantly responded. "So you're not up for it? You want something in return don't you? Go on and tell me." She sighed. At this point Rachel has never met a guy who didnt want something from her. She was very stunning and all guys wanted usually was to date the cute blonde but she'd usually reject them with a cold look. She expected this guy was no different. She patiently waited for his response.

" . . . " he stared down at her like an idiot.

"Or perhaps I was wrong.. maybe he's different.." she thought to herself. "Ah whatever, I'm wasting time. I'll go find someone tougher for the job." She slickly threw shade at him as she began to walk off. The girl was witty, He'd have to give in if she could make him tick. "I knew you weren't as strong as everyone deems you to be. Sad case ."

Taken offensive by her remark he swifly took ahold of her wrist and backed her into the wall. "I'll have you know , you'll find no one here as tough as me." "Would you like me to show you?" He threatened her with a michevious grin. Rachel had guessed right, she knew how to make him tick. "So then you agree on protecting me?" She pinched a chunk of his hoodie inward forcefully reeling him closer to her face.

"Please..show me." She insisted seriously.

His body shivered. ..shit. No way .. Isaac now realized he had agreed to being her watchdog . "That's not fair, you brat.." He smirked angrily. But it was too late, he couldnt just back down because after all —He couldn't stand liars.  And to him it was true, she wouldn't fine someone as strong as him at this shithole.

"Tch." He turned away from her, and sighed. "So what is this whole watchdog thing about anyway?" He rolled his eyes pretending to invested.

"Well. I would tell you but the stench is really getting to me..."  she pinched her nose. All she could smell were the gross dumpsters near them. "How does he do it?" She wondered in disgust.

As they walked she continued, "I.. wanted a bodyguard so guys would stop coming near me all the time." He was confused by what she meant but was she really that stupid? "So why doncha just punch their perverted asses?"

She sweated nervously a bit, she admitted she was weak and her sling shot could only do so much. "Because..." she began , "that would be bothersome." Her emotionless tone annoyed him.

"So yer just using me then?! I dont think I like the idea of being your dog."  He groaned.

Rachel thought hard about what else would be closest to a "bodyguard" that could scare off the boys wanting her... then it clicked.

She gestured her hand as if she hit the nail on the head.

"Um.." she knew this was a bit awkward to say but , "if it makes you feel better I could possibly refer to you as my..

..overprotective boyfriend..?"

Isaac gaged. He threw up all the things he ate not too long ago. "D..Don't say weird shit like that again."

"I have no interest in dating you." He cooly turned his head away, yet surprisingly  flustered.

"I..it really wasn't that disgusting." She said concerned he actually physcially threw up by her suggesting that. But she didn't care that he was disgusted by the likes of him dating her. She too didnt have any interest in wanting a boyfriend. Though, she liked to tease about it. "That's fine with me I guess. You'll stick with being my watchdog then."

Ugh. This brat is really grinding my fucking gears.

"Hey," she got his attention, "Yeah?" He groaned. She pointed at a bench in the distance, "Met me at that bench at the end of the day, I gotta get going." The girl paced but stop abruptly by his rough raised voice,

"Hey! I didn't catch yer name!"

She replied,

"Rachel. Rachel Gardner."

She returned the question to him as well, "I should call you Isaac Foster right?" He grumbled in annoyance. If she was gonna be around, she'd have to learn to call him by a name he liked,

"Zack. Zack will do."

"Alright. Don't forget." Her golden hair flipped as she turned to walk away back into the school. He decided on whether he should go there this afternoon or just ditch her. But a part of him... didnt wanna set her up . He learned her name anyway.

Their first encounter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 611 34
Your name is Y/N zilla or zilla jr you were a student at U.A in the U.S.A but was transferred to U.A In Japan after being kicked out on your first da...
25.8K 877 56
A young girl named (Y/N) (L/N) had to deal with her serial killer aunt while they live in a shed in the middle of the woods. One day, she was able to...
333K 9.8K 48
You wake up in a strange place with a strange little girl. You come to realize your a plaything for a building filled with maniacs and killers. Too b...
51.5K 1.3K 30
Zack meets Rachel in the orphanage when she's little. Not being like the other kids who turn and scream at him, he develops a friendship with her. Af...