I'll Love You Every Step Of T...

By GleeForever213

This is the third book in 'The New Girl' series! Disclaimer: I don't own Glee or the songs used, I only own m... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Fourth of July: 1 of 4
Fourth of July: 2 of 4
Fourth of July: 3 of 4
Fourth of July: 4 of 4
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Author's Note
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Birthdays and Nationals
Chapter 56
Spring Break Part 1
Spring Break part 2
Spring Break Part 3
Last Chapter!
Sequel Info

Chapter 44

369 9 0
By GleeForever213

The crowd stopped cheering and gasped. Ryder and Jake pulled the guy off him and pushed him away from them, the dude laughing. Sam was laying on the ground, gasping for air. Ryder and Jake looked at each other and knelt beside him. 

"Sam, dude, are you alright?" The glee club and family members made their way onto the field, not being able to go past the side lines.

"Can't...breathe...."He gasped out.

"Oh shit, help me get him up!" Jake exclaimed, getting back on his feet. They managed to get Sam up, his arms around their necks, and they were practically carrying him to the side lines. Chris ran to meet them.

"He can't breathe!" Ryder said, which made Chris start freaking out. He made them lay him on the bench and a paramedic, who was only there to help them if they got injured, brought a breathing mask over to them, putting it over Sam's nose and mouth. The ambulance wasn't even there, since no one thought anything would happen. The breathing mask helped him a little bit, but he still struggled to breathe. Brenda and Chord pushed their way to the bench, and they both knelt beside Sam. Sam's eyes were wide and they could see the fear in them as he tried to breathe.

"Y'all, give him some room! Move back!" Brenda yelled, making everyone jump and move back. She stood up on her knees so Sam could see her better. She grabbed one of his hands and then put her hand on his right cheek." You're gonna be okay Sam, I promise you, okay? Just take deep breaths." She said quietly, only so he could hear her. He blinked and took a few deep breaths, then he started coughing.

"Move," He gasped out. She was confused," I'm.. gonna be sick..."He coughed. She moved out of the way and knelt at the end of the bench, where his head was. He moved the breathing mask and coughed some more, then he started throwing up. She rubbed his back. By now, the other team and everyone else left, leaving the only ones on Sam's team, Ryder and Jake, the glee club, and the families. He coughed again then spit what was left in his mouth.

"An ambulance is on the way." Chris told me. I nodded to him. Sam lied back on the bench and groaned. "Can you sit up? We should probably get you out of your Jersey and gear." Sam slowly sat up and pulled off his jersey. Brenda helped him unhook the protective gear and sat it on the bench next to him. All he had on under it was a white thermal shirt. Sam was still breathing hard, but he was breathing better, with the occasional cough. He leaned forward and put his head in his hands.

"Do I have to go to the hospital?" He mumbled.

"Hell yeah you're going!" He groaned again. His shoulders were tense, as if he had a feeling soemthing bad was gonna happen. The ambulance stopped at the gate, since the truck was to big to fit through the opening, and the two paramedics got a stretcher out and started coming towards them. Brenda stood up and got Sam to get up with her. They started walking towards them, to meet them half way, when Sam hit the ground again.

"Oh shit!" Brenda exclaimed and stood over him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, just help me up." He mumbled, holding his arms up. Jake and Chord ran over to him and helped him up, nearly carrying him to the stretcher."I can walk, dang it!" He said, annoyed. He seemed to be a little out of it.

"Dude, no. You looked like you were drunk when you fell." Jake replied.

"I got dizzy again! What'chu expect?" He mumbled. They put him on the stretcher and he covered his face with his arms.

"Brenda, if you don't mind, Cam and I are gonna ride in the ambulance with him." Mary said. Brenda nodded as she watched them put him in the back of the ambulance.

"C'mon." Chord said, nudging her. She sighed and walked with everyone else to the cars. She's gonna ride with Mercedes, Puck and Quinn while Chord takes Sam's truck home. I sat in the passenger seat while Quinn and Puck sat in the back.

"Can we stop by the house? I need to change my clothes." Mercedes nodded. When they got there, Chord already had the door unlocked for her,since she was the only one going inside. She quickly changed into a gray sweat shirt and black sweat pants, and pulled a grey hoodie over her head. She put her boots on, the leg of the pants going over it, and grabbed anything she might need, which means she grabbed her money and phone charger. They left again, this time it was her and Chord in the front. One of the reasons why she always sat in front is because of her long legs. They were the last to get to the hospital, where everyone was waiting in the waiting room, including Cam and Mary.

"How is he?" Brenda asked as she sat down beside Mary, Chord sitting on the other side of her.

"We don't know. He couldn't stop coughing the whole way here, then they wouldn't let us go back with him." Brenda sighed.

"This is what? The third time he's been in the hospital since I've freaking met him." She grumbled. Of course she's upset, but she's mad at the dude that tackled him."He doesn't deserve any of this shit."

"We know."

"Hasn't he been acting weird to you though?" Mary asked.

"Beside's being grumpy all week, yeah. Last Monday he stood up and almost fell again. He said that he 'stood up to fast', but he's done it a lot these past two weeks." She said.

"Didn't he say that he got dizzy when he fell a little while ago?" Jake asked Chord.

"Yeah. He sounded out of it, like he wasn't his normal self." Everyone nodded in agreement.

30 minutes later

A little while later, a doctor came out, asking,

"Samuel Evans." Everyone looked at her while Brenda, Mary, Chord and Dwight stood up.

"How is he?" Dwight asked.

"Well... Have a seat, there's a lot to tell." She said, which made everyone start worrying more. She sat with them."Well, he was hit pretty hard when he was tackled, evidently,  which is why he had a hard time breathing. He seems a little out of it, right?" They nodded."Being tackled isn't the reason for that. I was asking him a couple of questions, but I could barely make out anything he said. One of the questions I asked him was 'When was the last time he got some sleep' and he said something like 'A week ago'. For the other questions, I couldn't make out what he said. He has a high fever. All I have to say is, he shouldn't have played tonight." Everyone was quiet.

"He hasn't said a word about feeling bad or anything, to any of us." Chord said.

"Nope."

"Last Tuesday he told me that he couldn't sleep that night, but he said it was because he was nervous." Brenda said.

"Nervous about what?"

"Singing at the pep rally, getting his test scores, and the football games." She answered.

"Huh, well, you guys can go see him. And if all of you are going back, please be quiet." She led them to his room, where he was laying on his back, staring at the wall. She didn't stay, but she closed the door when everyone was in the room. They made spots on the floor, and in chairs. Brenda sat in a chair next to him. There was an IV in his right arm, and his cheeks were red.

"Sam?" Brenda asked.

"Hm?"He looked at her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Eh. Like poop."

"How many hours of sleep have you gotten this week?" Mary asked.

"You mean in the last two weeks?"He asked seriously." Um," He counted on his fingers." Like, 6 hours all together."

"Why didn't you tell anyone bro?" Chord asked.

"I didn't want no one to worry. You know how B gets when she's worried about me!" He tried to whisper the last part but it didn't work, and it made everyone laugh.

"You should have told someone, Sam."He shrugged."Have they done any tests?" Dwight asked.

"They took blood, shined a bright light in my eyes, which is rude, then they kept asking me dumb questions and shit. They made me pee in a cup." He shivered. Brenda grabbed his hand. He looked at her again and said," You're seriously pretty." Brenda laughed and started running her hands through his hair. He closed his eyes and told her,

"You should totally be a head massager.(I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong but oh well)" Brenda giggled again. A little while later, he was finally asleep. Almost everyone had left, the (present) glee club members, went to their homes, Rachel and Finn went to stay with Rachel's dads, Quinn and Puck went to stay with Judy, Tina, Mike, and Jenna went back to their apartment, Santana and Brittany were staying at Brenda's house, along with Mercedes, Blaine, and Kurt. Blaine went to spend time with Kurt. The Evans' left, and now the only ones with Sam was Chord, Mary and Dwight. There was a knock on the door and the doctor came in.

"Okay, I have the test results from when we drew blood earlier." She started." He was also having a mini-panic attack. He seems a little out of it to you, right?" They nodded." Well, it's from tiredness. I was asking him many questions and he kept saying dizzy, and then I asked him when the last time he got any sleep and he said a week. The test results came back positive for Mono." Brenda raised an eye brow." I know all of you are thinking that the only way you can get mono is by kissing someone. That's not the case. The disease lives and grows in the nose and throat, and some people who have mono don't have any symptoms, and you can get it from drinking out of the same bottle or cup, and using the same eating utensils. And I doubt he's kissed anyone except for you." She glanced at Brenda when she said that."Mono usually lasts for about a month or two, so it looks like he won't be going back to school until the new year."

"What are the symptoms?" Dwight asked.

"Fever, sore throat, headache, fatigue, muscle weakness, swollen tonsils and night sweats."She answered." I'm going to prescribe some medications to help the symptoms and I want him to stay over night so we can watch his breathing, and he can go home tomorrow morning. Just be aware, if he tells you to get out of the way, get out of the way, or he'll throw up on you. And he'll probably sleep and lay around a lot, and his muscles will probably hurt."She left again. Mary stood up and picked up her purse.

"C'mon baby, we need to get home." She told Chord, who stood up. He kissed Brenda on the top of her head before he stood at the door to wait on Mary, who kissed Dwight, then kissed Sam's forehead. She looked at Brenda sympathetically, knowing that she wouldn't get any sleep, from worrying. It was quiet after that, besides Sam snoring like the muffler fell off of a motorcycle.

Hope y'all liked it! After this I'm gonna give Sam a break, I have been making him sick and getting him hurt alot in these books, huh? Whoops! Sorry for the mistakes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 185 37
{sequel to our song} Santana and Rachel are back for their senior year but with a brand new personality. Will Finn be able to save Rachel from spira...
39.9K 636 19
This is a story about two new girls at McKinley, Rachel and Marley, two new guys at McKinley, Jake and Ryder and a guy who's always been at McKinley...
22.1K 623 30
This is the second book in the New Girl series. Disclaimer: I don't own Glee or any songs or characters, I only on the plot and my OC's.
9.7K 146 17
Rachel is the golden girl from McKinley. Finn is the star Quarterback. What will happen when their way cross?