Her Home (Book 2 Of Taking He...

By SamanthajEly

*This is book 2 you will need to read book 1(Taking Her Home) first. It has only been two months since Vincen... More

One More Night
Sleeplessness
Meeting Again
Baby...Maybe
Bossing Around
Two Heirs
It's Called a Transducer Probe
She's Pregnant
Do You Trust Him?
Mio Bellissimo Amore
Big Sister's Problem
War
Shopping and Shot
Getting Advice
Surprise!
No Show
Wedding Day
Change of Plans
Where is She?
Two Days Later
Rescued
One of Each
Baby Shower
Honey Moon-ish
Family
Epilogue

Being There

46K 1.3K 92
By SamanthajEly

Rebecca rolled over the next morning and stared at the clock on the bedside table. It was flashing. Of course, it was Joni would have had to have her or Isaac program it. She sighed and sat up in bed to look for her phone. She made her way to the bathroom to see if she had left it in there. No luck. "Must have left it in the living room," she shrugged heading out of the guest room.

She could hear Joni and Isaac talking. Maybe they made breakfast she thought to herself. She noticed her phone on the coffee table and grabbed it before turning toward the kitchen. She stopped as soon as she saw that Joni and Isaac were not alone. Sitting with them drinking coffee and talking was none other than Vincent.

Joni, having noticed Rebecca before the two men, jumped up from the breakfast bar and walked over to her quickly. "Morning," she said loud enough for everyone to hear before she lowered her voice to continue. "Isaac found him sleeping outside your door when he went for a run this morning." Rebecca frowned at this information. He never left last night? "I think you should talk to him. He really sounds sorry for everything he put you through." Rebecca nodded in agreement. "You can do it here if you feel more comfortable." Shaking her head, she walks over to where Vincent is sitting.

"Come on," she turned to talk to Isaac and Joni while he stood up. "Thanks for letting me stay last night guys," she hugged each of them before turning and heading for the door without saying a word to Vincent who says a quick thank you to her friends before following her out the door.

As soon as Rebecca hears the door to her apartment close, she spins around and looks directly into Vincent's eyes. "Why did they find you sleeping outside my door?" she asked him crossing her arms over her chest.

"I had something to handle something at the club after you left me sitting in the cafeteria and I thought maybe giving you time to breath was a good idea. But I couldn't stop thinking about how upset you were when you left so I came straight here to talk to you. When you didn't answer the door, I decided to stay until you left so I could catch you. I guess I fell asleep," he shrugged when he finished his explanation.

Rebecca felt guilty. "I'm sorry," she looked down and started picking at her nails.

"No, Rebecca. I'm the one that's sorry," he sighed and took a couple of steps toward her. "You were completely right. I am not your boss. I'm used to getting what I want when I command it."

"If we are going to be raising a child. You have to remember that I'm the other parent and you don't get to make all the decisions," Rebecca tried her hardest to look and sound like she was tougher than she really felt. When she didn't think she was succeeding she forced herself to turn and walk to the couch to sit down.

"I know," Vincent ran his hands through his hair before he followed Rebecca's lead and sat down beside her not leaving much room between them. "I don't want to make you do something you don't want to do so; I will ask you this time. Please hear me out on this. Move in with me," Rebecca rolled her eyes when his voice portrayed a command instead of a request yet again. "I'm trying, Rebecca," He held his hands up in surrender. "I just want to protect you and our child. I will work on being less overbearing," he told her and earned a nod of understanding from her.

"I will think about moving in with you. But for now, I'm staying here. I just got this place when I had to move in with you last time. I'm not ready to leave it again just yet." Vincent nodded.

"What about a doctor? Do you have one yet?"

Rebecca nodded her head, "I'm going to a coworker. She's really amazing. I have an appointment in two days," she told him with a smile.

Vincent knew that he should choose his battles and letting her pick her doctor was not as important as her moving in. He would give her time to think but he wasn't taking no for an answer. She would be coming home with him after her appointment in two days wither, she liked it or not.

"I actually have to work soon," she said when things got quiet and slightly awkward.

"I will drive you," Vincent stated. "If that's okay with you," he added quickly. Laughing a little, she nodded her head. She knew that he was just worried about her. She knew that he would hate it if she said no and she needed to give him a chance. No matter what happened, they were in each other's lives forever now because of this child. "I will pick you up when you're done too."

"Okay. I only have a normal shift today. So, I'm off at five tonight. You could take me to dinner after if you want," she started picking at her nails again. Vincent smiled at the fact that she was nervous to ask him this. He chuckled a little as he placed his hand over hers to stop her picking.

"I would love to take you to dinner," he smiled at her when her hands stilled and her eyes sparkled back at him. He leaned in a gave her a quick peck on the lips. He would have loved to have done more but he wanted to test the waters. Pushing her would only make her pull away and he couldn't risk that. This was his chance to be happy with her and he wasn't about to fuck it up. "Get ready. I will wait," he told her. His lips were still close enough to her that she could feel his breath on them. It sent a small shiver through her.

She stood up sending him a smile before quickly heading to her room to get ready for work. She needed space to think. She nearly threw her arms around his neck and declared that she would do anything he wanted. As she reached the top of the stairs, she felt her stomach flip and knew what was coming. She raced to the bathroom slamming the door closed behind her before falling in front of the toilet.

Vincent heard her running. "Rebecca?" He called out. Not getting an answer he headed upstairs. "Rebecca. Are you okay?" He asked as he walked toward the closed bathroom door. He knocked but got no response. Seconds later he heard a noise that didn't sound pleasant. Shaking it off, he opened the door finding her bent over the toilet.

"Get out," Rebecca shouted at him before she proceeded to continue expelling the nothing that was in her stomach.

"Not happening," He said as he bent down beside her and gathered her hair away from her face. "I'm here. Always. For all of it," he rubbed her back while she continued. Vincent tried to soothe her in any way he could think of, praying that it was working.

When she was done, she sat back against the wall beside the toilet with a sigh. Vincent stood up and walked to the sink to fill the glass beside it with water. "Thanks," she told him, taking it from him. Standing up she walked to the sink, Vincent hovering beside her making sure she was steady. She looked at him after rinsing her mouth and smiled. "You didn't have to do that."

"I know," he shrugged. "I wanted to. I meant it when I said I wanted to take care of you." Vincent wrapped his arms around her waist. "Maybe you should stay home if you're sick."

"I'm not sick," she laughed. "It's morning sickness. It's a sign that the baby is doing okay." Vincent sighed.

"Okay. You're sure you're okay?" He asked wanting to make sure that she would be okay to go to work. She nodded her head before pecking him on the lips.

"I'm sure," she removed his hands from around her and moved toward the shower. "Out," she stated over her shoulder before she started to removed her clothes.

Vincent bit down on his lip as he waited for her to remove her shirt. Every night since they were together last, he would fall asleep envisioning what she looked like naked. "I said out," Rebecca said again snapping him out of his daydream. He rubbed the back of his neck before turning on his heel and walking out of the bathroom. Rebecca heard him mutter something under his breath but wasn't sure what he said.

When she was ready to go, she went back downstairs to find Vincent on the phone. "I need you all at my place in an hour. I'm taking Rebecca to work and then we need to talk," he said into the phone. "I mean it, Dom. Tell Ros you have to work. She will live." Rebecca tried not to let him hear her laugh when he said this. Rosalina was not known to be okay with not coming first when she expected to. And she had a tendency to voice when she wasn't happy to everyone she could. Rebecca would pay to see her yell at Vincent. "Good. Let her know that you will make it up to her and be there." He hung up and only then noticed Rebecca standing there with a smile on her face.

"I'm ready," she said trying to hold her laughter in.

"Let's go then," he shook his head and tried not to smile. He wouldn't admit it but he didn't mind that she was laughing at him. He only cared that she was laughing. He loved when she was happy. He followed her out and made sure she locked her door before placing his hand on her lower back and lead her to the elevator.

Vincent grabbed her hand as soon as they got into the car. He couldn't help but smile when she didn't pull away. He decided that just holding her hand was enough for him so he stayed quiet the entire drive. She kissed him on the cheek before she got out of the car and he could have done backflips when she did. "It's progress," he told himself. Maybe she wouldn't fight him too much longer with moving in with him. 

Early update. Hopefully will have another one before the weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.3K 35
Book 1 in the Bound and Broken Series It was the of January, the day after New Years. Sky has just turned 18 and she wasn't exactly the best child t...
Regina In Love By Sarah

General Fiction

189K 9.1K 80
||BOOK 2|| ||Sequel of Regina In Revenge|| ||THIS BOOK CANNOT BE READ AS A STANDALONE|| - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The Russo's are b...
2.6M 77.2K 51
~Mature contents~ "Ava sat there by her self doing nothing but stare into outer space while her best friend was having fun dancing. Someone walked up...