Passing Motions

By xFakingaSmilex

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... More

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

5.8K 300 41
By xFakingaSmilex

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Charlotte strides around the changeroom in a princess style wedding dress. She swirls around, the dress subtly lifting from the ground. Charlotte smoothes her hands over the fabric and grins as she inspects herself in the mirror.

"What do you think about this dress?"

"It looks good." I tug on a smile.

She twists from side to side and groans. Charlotte gathers the front of the dress and lifts it as she wanders into the changeroom. The lady races across the room and flings the curtain shut behind them.

London slides from the chair and onto the ground. She sprawls out and cuddles her blue unicorn to her chest.

"I'm bored." She pouts.

"What happened to the picture you were drawing?"

"It's finished." She points to the chair.

I collect the paper and beam with happiness. There's a few coloured lines resembling a rainbow and some circles which are supposed to be a unicorn flying through the sky.

"What about some colour?"

"I want to go home." Lo presses her face into the stuffed toy.

The curtain flings open and Charlotte strides out with a mermaid dress. It's tight which makes it look like she's waddling instead of walking. She hops onto the stool and swirls around.

"Thoughts?" Char peers over her shoulder.

"This looks great."

"You've said all the dresses look good or great." She sighs.

"That's because they do."

"Hm." She sighs.

"How many more dresses do you have?"

Charlotte spins around and pouts.

"I've only tried on four."

"Right, sorry! It's just that London is getting restless and I need to take her home."

"I told you we shouldn't have brought her," she grumbles.

"I'm sorry, but our parents were busy today."

Now that our mother's have launched their party services, they're getting busy, which is amazing, but it means I can't drop everything for Charlotte's demands.

Charlotte attempts to storms away, but it's just a fast paced waddle which is hard not to laugh about. The lady slides behind the curtain and I slump against the chair.

"Does that mean we can go home?" Lo smiles.

I grab her ankles and drag her towards me. She jumps up and climbs onto my lap.

"Soon, we need to be patient, though."

Lo flops against my chest and groans.

My stomach clenches as another wave of nausea rolls through me. I'd love to be at home curled up with a bucket, but Charlotte is a good friend and she helped me with my wedding, I can't not help her.

Charlotte appears with her clothes on and that makes London cheer.

"At least contain your excitement until she's not here," I whisper.

London presses her face into my neck and chuckles.

"Are you finished or do you not like the other dresses?"

"We can come back when we don't have London."

"Alright." I nod.

I grab my handbag and whisk London up. She clamps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. Charlotte storms ahead while I struggle to keep up.

"Why's Aunty Charlotte unhappy?"

"She's stressed about the wedding to Uncle Kyle."

"Oh." She frowns. "Why is she stressed?"

"Sometimes planning huge weddings with other people can be stressful."

"Why is planning weddings stressful?"

"Weddings are huge events, and so there's a lot of things to think about! Where you're going to get married, reception, photos, wedding dress, rings, food, table dressings, those kind of things."

"Where you stressed about your wedding to Dad?"

"Yes, but your Grandmothers were very helpful."

Charlotte is leaning against the car when we arrive. I unlock the vehicle and she climbs into the front seat while I stab London into her car seat.

It's awkward when I slide behind the wheel. Charlotte stares out the window while London glances out of the window.

"We're sorry about today. How about next weekend?"

"Yeah, alright."

"Can Kyle pick you up from my parent's house?"

"Sure." She nods.

I strap the seatbelt on and hold my groan in. I hope this wedding comes quick!

* * * * *

Angela and Mum are gathered around the table with vibrant smiles.

"How'd shopping go?" Mum grins.

"Alright." I force a smile.

"Do you, by any chance, have any wedding things left over for Charlotte? Magazines, pamphlets, that kind of thing?"

"If I do, they're upstairs somewhere."

Charlotte's phone pings and sigh sighs.

"I have to bolt, but if you find them, bring them over next weekend."

"Sure thing." I nod.

Charlotte tugs me into a tight hug before bounding out the house.

"Dinner won't be ready for another thirty."

"Alright." I nod.

"How's the party planning coming along?"

"Um, good." Angela nods.

"Please tell me you haven't tried planning the gender reveal party."

Mum's mouth drops. "Of course not!"

"Why doesn't that sound convincing?"

"Shoo!" Mum points to the door. "We've got important business things to do."

"Hm, alright then." I roll my eyes.

I wander into the entry and grin at the sight of Dad and London snuggled on the couch. The light from the television flickers across their face. Lo whispers something which makes him smile.

Dad usually watches sport but tonight, a cartoon about magic fairies occupies his beloved television screen.

I creep up the stairs and into my old bedroom which hasn't changed since the last time I was here, unless you count the gathering dust?

There's a few wedding magazines stacked on the side table which I poke with the end of my finger. The magazines slide across the wood and bump into the lamp.

I stare at the beautiful wedding ring, then my stomach with awe. Arms wrap around my waist and I relax into his warm chest.

Tears trickle down my cheek at the thought of how much time has passed.

Blake twirls me around and brushes the tears from my cheek.

"I hope these tears are from your jumbled hormones, and not something that's happened."

"Hormones," I groan.

I wrap my arms around his neck and press our lips together. His hand slides under my shirt and he grins.

"How was your day?"

"Horrible," I groan. "And I think our mothers are up to no good."

"Aw baby, they're never up to any good." He laughs.

"You're right about that."

"Next time, we throw a surprise party." Blake winks.

"That's a brilliant idea." I gasp.

"Since we've got some time to kill, do you want to sit in here?"

"Yeah." I nod.

Blake tugs me onto the bed and his hand slides under my shirt. His fingers press into my back as he massages it. I sigh with content as I squish myself closer to him.

"Now why was your day horrible?"

"Mm, I'd rather hear about your day."

"I laid in bed thinking about how much I missed you."

His words bring a smile to my lips and ease the pain of today away.

It was a struggle, but it's here! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87 11 11
After everything that's happened, the death, the love, the family... We've grown up... A lot. It's time to go explore this place we call home.
547 54 26
Loosing a mother who was her whole world Blake is forced to move across the world to a father who she hasn't seen for five years. She is scared of ho...
678K 23.5K 32
As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more. However, a hidden discovery might just...