Forever My Person

By LovelyShawniceet

I turn around to leave again. I need to get out of here before I break. Kyle's hand catches my arm again... More

Welcome
1. Misters before sisters
2. Everything Hurts
3. Go Loggers!
4. Reality
5. Confess Your Sins
6.Diamond
7.Engagement party
8. Just A While Longer
9. New Roomie
10.Not Nice
11. Like I Do
The Man Behind the Smirk
12. Understand Her
13. Rose
14. Not My Fault
15. Unanswered Questions
16. Ex Dreams
17. Dont Hide From Me
18. Perfect Date
19. In the Shadows
20. More to Know
21. Dance for You
22. Breath of A Stranger
23. It's Okay to Not Be Okay
24.Mine
25. The Big Day
26. Around Every Corner
27. His Story
28. Unzip Me
29. Perfect Bubble
30. Our Future
31. Your My Bestfriend
32. New Friends
33. Reconcile
35. Worried
36. Running Through My Mind
37. Everything With You
38. One Call
39. Contradicting Myself
40. Will Always Be Mine
41. Mind Racing
42. All My Fault
43.Fight or Flight
44. Confused and Broken
45. The Waiting Game
46. Bits and Pieces
47. Holding On
48. Next Chapter
49. Better
50. A Beautiful View
51. Anything For You
52. Unexpected
53. My Perfection
54. With Your Touch
55. You're My Happiness
56. Under One Condition
57. Untimely Visit
58. Meet the Matthews
59. Just You and Me
60. Lunch with an Apology
Forever My Person Cover
61. Lonely Birthday
62. Special Day
63. All About You
Long time no see

34. The First Game

5.6K 152 6
By LovelyShawniceet

Cohen

Deep breaths you got this. You got this I tell myself as the rest of the team and I head walking out onto the field. The lights are shining bright, the familiar feeling of the open field overwhelm me as the crowd is going crazy.

Even though I've been playing professional football for awhile this feeling never gets old. Stepping onto the turf feels like home. It's where I belong when I'm not with my girl.

It's the first game of the season and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly nervous. I'm the new quarterback and all eyes are on me. Every call to every movement I make is being watched not only by the opposing team but from the millions of fans seated around the stadium. If that's not enough to make my heart race then knowing the most beautiful woman in my life is watching me. She's seen some parts of me practicing but this will be the first time she sees me in my element and the love I truly have for this sport. I got to make her proud!

As I walk to our side of the field I hear my name being called behind me.
"You ready Matthews? You and Coleman have coin toss in two minutes." Coach Dixon tells me coming closer to the rest of us.
"Got it Coach." He nods his head as he walks by heading to another one of my teammates.

I take a quick seat on the bench tightening my laces on my cleats. I feel a large hand grip my shoulder again. "Matthews, you got this. I know you've been out the game for a little bit but you got this. You're amazing on the field. I'm not a man that likes to compliment but damn son you really got a gift for this. Shake off the nerves and show everyone why we picked you."

"Thanks coach. Means a lot. I won't disappoint."I say as I turn to see Coach Mason the offense coach at my side . He gives my shoulder a small squeeze and walks towards Coach Dixon. I definitely needed that pep talk. I'm giving it my all just like I always do. Like coach said I want and need to prove myself once again.Im captain of this team and they're depending on me, just thinking that makes my nerves slightly calm as I finish tying my laces.

The referee blows his whistle signaling for the captains. The five of us meet on the side of the field ready for the toss.

"Alright Seahawks it's heads what's your call?" The ref turns towards us.

"Kick." Wyatt and I both say before turning back to the our side of the field after telling our opponents good luck.

We all took our positions on the field. The sound of the roaring crowd quiets letting the whistle of the referee blare around us. It's go time!

You got this Matthews. Show them what you're made of.

We're at the end of the fourth quarter and I can't wipe the smile off my face.We're up by thirty points and we only have two minutes left, I know the game is completely ours. Not saying the team were against is trash but their quarterback can't seem to make the right calls leading to the rest of the team being uncoordinated and predictable.

I would've liked a better challenge to prove myself but I know I still have time with the teams we play against later.

My offensive teammates and I take the field ready to take the win. I yell out the play turning my head left and right seeing all of them give a nod signaling they heard me.The whistle blows making my center snap the ball to me then play begins. I pass the ball off to Wyatt before he turns seeing the perfect opening he dives through with his large build. His grip on the ball is like a vise as he cradled it to his chest. He passes the other team under a few seconds. The loud cheers in the stadium tell me the play worked perfectly and we won our first game of the season.

We all run towards Wyatt yelling and cheering in excitement. A few moments later we collect ourselves and shake our opposing teams hands. "Good game" is thrown around then a strong grip takes my hand. I look up feeling sweat trickle down my forehead.

"Matthews I gotta say you whooped our asses out there.  You're very talented young man. If you ever on the east coast let me know." The older gentleman says, taking in his attire he's one of the coaches from the other team. I'm surprised usually coaches are pissed the hell off and want nothing to do with anyone especially the team they lost against.

"Thanks sir." Is all I can manage to reply.

"Call me Coach Willis. Hope to see you again. And I mean it son, you're talented." He gives one last nod and walks towards the other coaches.

Damn it's the first game and I'm already been looked at by other teams. I'm so happy I came back. I thought after Taylor I was broken, she broke me and took everything away. I wanted nothing for myself anymore. If I couldn't keep my wife now ex wife happy and keep my unborn child safe I didn't deserve to be happy.

Everything is starting to turn around and I have one beautiful woman to thank for that. Thinking of Ev makes me rush to the locker room to clean up so I can celebrate the rest of the night with her.

I walk out the doors of the locker room almost half an hour later. Now showered and dressed up in my faded jeans, black crew neck and favorite boots. Some of the guys follow behind me talking about going to the club to celebrate tonight.

As we round  the corner to meet everyone I see her. She's facing towards me standing at the entrance of the parking lot designated for players and staff. She has the biggest smile on her face that shows off her cute dimples. I can't help it but my eyes drink her in seeing her wearing a white Seahawks jersey with my last name and number on it. Fuck she looks so damn good.

I make my way to her wanting to feel her in my arms. I drop my duffle bag to the ground pulling her closer to me.My lips automatically find her full ones. I'm usually not a PDA kind of guy but when my girl looks this good I can't help but claim what's all mine.

"Good game baby! You did so good. I'm so proud of you!" She gushes as she tilts her head up to look at me.

"I'm so glad you were there. Thank you baby." I push a piece of her hair behind her ears.

"I couldn't imagine being anywhere else." She smiles at me. I break my gaze from her and notice she's by herself. "I thought Avery and Liam were coming?  I don't like you being by yourself Ev."

"They were here but I guess Liam had to go back to the office and Ave's new assistant messed some paperwork up so they both left at half time."

"So you've been by yourself for that long? Baby I don't like that and you know why." I say looking  down into her chocolate brown eyes. I don't trust anyone even if there's security here I still don't trust all the crowds of people. Luckily the press doesn't know about my relationship or anything else personal so she isn't made out to be a target. Yet.

"Aye Co! You and your girl going out tonight?" Wyatt asks coming up beside us. Chelsea is tucked into his side like Ev is in mine.

"I'm not going to the club tonight. I'd rather do songs low key l." I tell him hearing my voice harden. Ever since the incident with Ev I won't go to a club until that fucker is caught.

"We aren't either but we got to celebrate our first game of the season and you being our new quarterback."

"What about dinner?" Chelsea chides in. Ev and her sister have been slowly going back to normal. It's still awkward but they're working through it. They text a few times but this would be the first time hanging out again since the bar.

I look down at Ev to see what she wants to do. Her big brown eyes meet with mine and she gives me a small smile.

"Yeah, that sounds good. We'll just follow you guys." I grab my duffle bag off the ground before we head towards my truck.

I follow Wyatt's truck out the parking lot heading towards downtown. I groan knowing it's going to be packed and all the press we'll be down there trying to spot us out.

"What's wrong? If you're too tired we can go home." Ev says taking my hand off her thigh and lacing our fingers together.

"He's leading us downtown and there's going to be a shit ton of people and press." I tell her as I keep my eyes on the road.

"It can't be that bad. Right? I mean we're only having dinner." Now she's sounding unsure.

Before we can change our minds we pull in front of a nice restaurant. It smells so good from even being in the truck. I walk around to help Ev out the truck like always and head inside. There's no sign of press so far making me feel happier but I know by the time we try to leave they'll be waiting for us.

I feel a tug on my hand just before opening the doors that Wyatt and Chelsea went through.

"Baby, just relax it's just the four of us tonight and we'll have a good time. You and Wyatt deserve to celebrate." She says rubbing her small hands up and down my arms. She always knows what to say to calm me down.

I wrap my arms around her waist and lean down to kiss her.
"You know I love you right?" I tell her pressing my lips to hers once more.

"Yes, and I love you but I'm starving and it smells too good to be out here any longer." She smiles back up at me. Damn she's so beautiful.

With that we head inside and get seated at the table with Wyatt and Chelsea. It doesn't take long till our waiter comes over and takes our drink order. He leaves once we all say what we want leaving us back to our conversation.

"You guys should have a house warming party. Ev you obviously love planning parties since that's your career. Plus I know mom and dad are dying to see your new house." Chelsea gushes across the table from us.

"That does sound really fun. What do you think babe?" Ev looks at me with her big beautiful eyes, giving me a puppy dog look. How the hell am I supposed to say no to that look.

"As long as I'm not planning it or cooking I'm good with it." I smile down at her giving her a small squeeze on her thigh.

"And as long as there's alcohol I'll be there." Wyatt chimes in making me roll my eyes. I mean that doesn't sound terrible.

"Ev if you need any help I can come by or go shopping with you." Chelsea adds. I can see she's trying hard to get back on to Ev's good side and misses her.

"Yeah that sounds good. I'll text you and we can figure everything." Ev replies. I'm happy to see she's trying and letting the past stay in the past.

The waiter brings us our drinks and then takes our orders. We continue talking and the girls starting to plan a little of the house warming party. It takes about thirty minutes later our plates of hot food are set in front of us. I notice the waiter is still standing at the end of our table looking down at us but specifically at Ev.

"I think we're all good here man. We'll let you know if we need anything else." I say trying to stay calm. The table goes quiet and I can feel Ev tense beside me.I know I can't make a scene knowing the press are probably right outside. My jaw tense seeing that he's still fixated on my girl.

"You know it's not polite to stare, especially at another man's girl right?" Wyatt says. I can hear the annoyance in his voice. All we wanted was a relaxing dinner. I knew I should've just gone home.

The waiter that finally snaps out of whatever it is he was thinking and gives a quick sorry then leaves. I drop my fork onto my plate ready to get out of here. The food was great but he just pissed me off.

I wait another ten minutes while the girls finish the last of their meal and conversation. I can't help but feel off as if something is about to happen. I keep scanning around the restaurant for anything or anyone like I always do nowadays.

"Why you so tense Co? That little fucker got under your skin?" Wyatt tries joking.
I shake my head no, not wanting to explain myself. Finally the girls are finished and the same waiter comes back up with the check.

Yet again he stands and stares but instead at me instead of Ev. This kid is really getting on my damn nerves.

"Are you going to just stand there again or can I pay and leave?" I ask harshly. I could careless about his feelings anymore.

"Uh- your meals have all been paid for sir." He tells me.

"Aw that's so sweet who would do such a nice thing?" Ev coos next to me.

"She left right after she paid. But she told me to give you this." He hands me over a note before walking away.

I open it up slowly not knowing what it could be. I have to be careful since fans are known to do crazy shit nowadays. Once I open it and read it I feel my anger reach a whole new level.

"Fuck me. I can't ever catch a fucking break!" I say only for the four of us can hear. Ev grabs the folded note from my hand before I can stuff it into my pocket.

"Are you kidding me ?!" Is all that comes out of Ev's mouth.

"Okay what the hell is going on? We're feeling left out over here." Wyatt demands.

I grit down on my teeth before looking up to see both of their confused faces.

"My ex wife is now the fucking PR  rep for our team!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 6.3K 85
"Joe, what are you doing?" I'm stunned as he stands in front of me. "Show me how oysters are supposed to make you feel, Alix?" he asks, lending out h...
381 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
115K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
1.2K 53 27
I lie there staring into her forest green eyes that were staring back at me. I felt a pang of hurt in my chest when i realize what she just told me. ...