Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 18

14.5K 650 18
By PreyDelaCruz

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Were you wondering what in the world happened to my phone? Well, if you could remember, I was supposed to go camping with my family before I got lost, got attacked by a bear, and so on. And my older brother, being very sweet and caring to me, carried my things so I won't get tired. My phone was in my bag so yeah, you get the picture.

Now, we were currently on our way to my house in Hunter’s sleek black car. I didn’t know much about cars even if my life depended on it. I knew how to drive, though. Well, now, he was the one driving while I, according to him, was ‘distracting’ him.

The car swerved a little when I slid my hand inside his shirt and played with his to-die-for abs. Good thing the road wasn’t jammed and he had great control in driving.

He hissed and glared at me shortly. “Silver, stop doing that.”

“But I'm bored…”

“Take a nap?”

“I don’t wanna…” I tried touching him again but pulled my hand back right away when he glared at me again.

“Of all the things you could do to get rid of your boredom, do you really have to choose the one that affects me the most?!”

“Gosh, Hunter, you don’t have to shout!” Did I mention I hated it when people shouted at me?

Before he could have the chance to say anything, I turned my back to him and did my best to shrink myself. I brought my knees up to my chest that it touched my chin and hugged my legs. I buried my face in it and decided to ignore him.

Was it my fault that it felt so wrong not to touch him? It’s not like I can help it…

“Silver…”

I inched closer to the car door and sank deeper in my seat, away from him.

“Babe, I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to shout, alright?”

I still ignored him, until it came to the point that he stopped the car. I think he pulled over to the side because I could still hear cars passing us. But, so what if he did stop the car? I was the one who was hurt. Not the car.

I heard him sigh. And then the next thing I knew, I was being lifted and placed on my favorite seat in the whole world: Hunter’s lap. Still, I didn’t budge, nor gave off any sound. I had to stay determined of ignoring him! Even if his touch was already taking effect on me… ugh! Did I say I could feel his hot breath at the back of my neck? Don’t get affected, Silver! Don’t get affected! FOCUS!

“Silver, please talk to me…” He rubbed my back. My hug on my knees was weakening and I just wanted to wrap my arms around his neck instead, but I stayed stubborn. I heard him sigh again and dropped his hands to his sides, resting his forehead on my shoulder. “I don’t want us like this. I'm really sorry that I shouted at you. I just don’t want us getting into an accident, especially you getting hurt. Please, baby, please forgive me? Talk to me already. Look at me? Or at least just turn around and face me…”

I did my best to stay ignoring him, but soon my resolve broke. I whimpered before I faced him, gripping his shirt. I kinda felt bad for ignoring him. I mean, it was my fault in the first place, I knew that. Like, I shouldn’t have done that. If I wanted to touch him, I should’ve just touched his hand or his shoulder so he could still drive properly. Oh my god, I really was a distraction!

“I'm sorry…” I whispered in between a whimper and a croak.

He mumbled that it’s okay but I still felt somewhat guilty. I apologized several times more until it felt tiring. He just listened and nodded, smiling. He gave me a five-second peck on the lips that I found so sweet. It made me smile and snuggle into his chest.

“How about you sleep? You told me your address earlier so I know how to get to your house. I’ll wake you up once we got there,” he said after a moment of comfortable silence.

I looked up. He kissed the tip of my nose that made me giggle because it tickled. I nodded and was about to move back to the passenger’s seat but he stopped me by tightening his embrace. “What?”

He gave off a sound that could only be described as complaining. “I meant it by you staying here on my lap.” His eyes were closed while he was rubbing the tips of our nose together, with the occasional pecks here and there.

“Uhh… you’re driving?”

“I can manage.”

“Then—“

“Just don’t touch me on… places.”

I raised an eyebrow but couldn’t help the smirk that found its way on my lips. “Whatever you say, expert.”

He playfully glared at me and punished me with a kiss. I sighed happily. If all the punishment I would get would be kisses and stuffs, then I won't hesitate to do something… bad. Wink wink.

I pressed myself against him as he started the engine again. I kissed his adams apple and he grunted. “Don’t start.”

I giggled. “Sorry.”

After our little drama, he resumed driving. He might not know it, but I noticed how he lessened our speed compared to earlier. I mentally laughed because I didn’t want him to know that I knew.

I closed my eyes and let his heartbeat be the music that I heard until I fell asleep, along with him tapping my lap when he didn’t have to use his right hand to change gears.

I felt good to feel like a two-year old again.

It didn’t take us that long when I felt him shaking me. I fell asleep but it was so short and light that I woke up right away. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, taking the sleep off it. I felt so comfortable sleeping on his lap that I just wanted to stay there all day, but couldn’t.

He opened the car door for me and I got off his lap so we could both get out of the car. What I saw made my jaw drop.

Last time I checked, I didn’t have a garden in front of my house!

I squealed and ran towards my car. What? I missed it! I spread my arms so wide and laid on the hood in my stomach. I turned my head to Hunter’s direction when I heard him choking back his laughter.

“What are you laughing at?!”

“Nothing! Nothing!” He held up his hands in mock surrender. He was still chuckling though. “I can see how much you missed your… pink-red-violet Lamborghini.”

I gasped. “So that’s what my baby is! A Lamborghini!”

He cocked an eyebrow as if saying, ‘You don’t know about your own car?’ And then he voiced out, “Hey! You said I am your baby!”

“Oh, Hunter, I changed my mind~~”

He scoffed. “Fine! Let’s see if your ‘baby’ could even hold your hand.” I gawked at him as he walked towards my front door, hopping the few flights of stairs before reaching it. He stopped and turned around, a scowl etched on his face. “What's with all these things in front of your house anyway?!”

I can't hold it in. I laughed so much that I doubled over my car. Ignoring his curses under his breath pertaining to the ‘things’ in my lawn, I laughed until my cheeks and stomach hurt.

In front of my house, there were a lot of flowers lined up that it practically built a fence around. Yep, some were even in pots. Some were already in vases. The bouquets were placed on my porch along with the HUGE stuffed toys. There weren’t any withered flowers but I saw traces of it at the side of my house. My mail box was so full that some of the letters fell out of it, edges of the ones inside sticking out. Boxes of chocolates were piled up on my porch railings. The roof of my car wasn’t visible anymore because of the presents above it.

Well, either someone died in my house and people were paying their respects (for the ooh-la-la amount of flowers I could see), or Santa Claus was hiding in there. Or maybe, someone just hypnotized people and made them buy all these for her… or him. Me? Oh no. No, no, fuck no. People here loved me as I am. Because I am Silver Bullet. And they knew it.

I skipped my way to my boyfriend, grinning so wide that I think it showed all my front teeth, which surely made me look like a goof. He was glaring at every gift he laid his eyes on, which meant literally everything.

“Well, what can I say? I'm so loved here! OOH! There are cards!” I grabbed the nearest card from where I was standing, which was laced around a teddy bear’s neck by a red ribbon. I cleared my throat and read it out loud, my smile still on. “To Silver Bullet, our God.” I chuckled at that. C'mon, I was not a God! I saw Hunter from the corner of my eyes listening even if he was trying his hardest to hide it. Yeah, right. “We found out that you're missing and we were like, oh my god! What happened to him?! What if he died?! What will the world become then?!” I stopped and peeked over Hunter. Now his brows were almost connecting. His lips were pressed into a thin line. I exaggerated reading the next lines. “We miss you so much, Silver! Please come back soon! We don’t know what we would do without you! Everyone was already worried sick and we were doing our best to help in finding you! Be safe! Don’t let anything happen to your beautiful face! Especially your hot body! Not even a scratch, okay?! We love you—HEY!”

I wasn’t able to finish reading the note because Hunter harshly grabbed it from my hands, just to tear it into pieces and step on it. I haven’t even read half of what the note was saying! Oh well, it was obviously from a girl. I wondered if all the cards here contained the same messages.

“Who gave you these craps, Silver?!” he asked, crossing his arms over his toned chest. Let’s not forget how his biceps flexed when he did that. Although, he was frowning too much that it was starting to ruin his handsome face.

I reached up and straightened the waves on his forehead. I didn’t want him to develop frown lines. “They’re too many to mention. And, let’s just say, they’re my admirers. I told you, I am very loved in this town. Why?” I fake gasped. “Is my Hunter jealous?!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 1 12
Beyond the ocean is a world that no one ever thought was real. Only seen in fairytales and dreams. What if one day, someone accidentally found a way...
19.3K 709 28
Alex is a normal, nature-loving boy in his hometown of Wolf's Creek. It's said that there's werewolves that live in the forest, but no one's ever see...
228K 8.6K 37
Deep into the woods is where Nikolai finds his comfort. Despite having rumors about being haunted, it was his only place he knew he could be happy...
2.8K 227 62
Born with the Knowledge of Creation, a Gazer's Soul and a Humans body. To Fall into Creation and life and to struggle through existence on Earth as t...