My Hijab,Jake and I.

By Shazk80

Medina Jahan a devout Muslim girl Jake William white her childhood best friend When they both realise that t... More

Chapter One/Whipped
Chapter Two..Pain in the a??
Chapter Three/ Jealous
Chapter Four/Keeping a distance
Chapter Five/sh?t
Chapter Six/Admitting
Chapter Seven/harder and harder
Chapter Eight/Leaving
Chapter Nine/Distant and Polite
Chapter Ten/Sugar and Fudge
Chapter Eleven/Finally..
Chapter Twelve/ First move
Chapter Thirteen/ Blushes
Chapter Fourteen/ Frustration
Chapter Fifteen/ Engagement to a stranger.
Chapter Sixteen/Childhood promise
Chapter Seventeen/Bittersweet confrontation
Chapter Eighteen/Blue eyed hottie
Chapter Nineteen/Goodbye
Chapter Twenty/Mutual respect
Chapter Twenty one/Adjusting
Chapter Twenty Two/Why
Chapter Twenty Four/Always have...always will
Chapter Twenty five/My girls
Chapter Twenty Six/Focus
Chapter Twenty Seven/ Jake and Qumar
Chapter Twenty eight/Confession time
Chapter twenty nine/upping the game.
Chapter thirty/The plan
Chapter Thirty one/declaration
Thirty Two/Jake and Qumar part 2
Thirty Three/Manning up
Thirty Four/family
Thirty Five/Taking matters into my own hands
Thirty Six/ Jake And Qumar...part 3
Thirty Seven/facing reality
Thirty Eight/emotional revelations unveiled
Thirty Nine/love is in the Air.
Chapter Forty/Feelings
Forty One/Part one - unity
Forty two/Unity-part two
Forty three/Unity-part three
Forty Four/Beautiful Union
Epilogue
New story/Natasha and Hakim
Prologue to new story/Faith Prevails,Just believe

Chapter Twenty three/Mr white and Mrs Abbassi

1.7K 137 6
By Shazk80

Medina

It's been a couple of days since I've seen Jake. My God..I'm still in shock. My tummy clenches and my heart is beating rapidly as I replay the encounter over and over again in my mind. Wringing my hands I turn around as one of the children pulls at my dress. Looking down I smile at Freya.

''Hey freya. What's the matter?''.. Bending down at her level I wait for her reply

"Mrs Abbassi. Can you come and have a look at my picture please?.'' She holds out her little hand expectantly.

''Of course I will Freya, lead the way''

She shows me a drawing and to me it's just scribbles and colour but to Freya it means something important so I get her to explain it.

''Well..It's a picture of mommy, daddy ,Fletcher and me..''She points out everything individually with her little finger.

''Wow, Freya that is very good, would you like to take it home and show it to your mommy and daddy?'' I look at her and see her smiling with excitement.

''Yes please.. Thank you .Mommy puts it up on the wall at home''

I inwardly thank Freya for unknowingly taking my mind off things and helping me escape albeit for a while of the symphony of emotions that are swirling within me. But I know that I can't escape, there is no way I can avoid Jake ,especially as he's the new P.E teacher that my darling boy Kadin has been constantly on about. What a small world?

Although I work with preschoolers there's no way that we can't avoid running into each other if the occasion arises. I guess I have to do whatever it takes for me to do exactly that. I hope I never come face to face with him. I don't know what I would say if we do, I can still remember our last encounter so vividly as if it just happened yesterday. In fact seeing him has made everything rush back with such clarity.

Sighing I send a silent prayer up. Ya Allah you are the best of planners and you test those who are worthy, Please heed my prayers and show me the way. Deter me from temptation for I'm just a mere human at your mercy.. Ameen.

Prayer always help and I face the rest of the day with a smile on my face.

*******

I decided to stay slightly late so I can set up the activities for tomorrow. It makes everything easier when I come in. My class only consists of fifteen children and I have an assistant who helps but like Mamma I like to plant things in advance. It's an annoying habit that Sarina makes fun off. She says life is to short and what if we don't get to see tomorrow.

I got to admit she has a point. That little madam has become Miss know it all especially since she has gained a Master degree .She never lets me hear the end of it. Her ego know no bounds and I tell her on more than a few occassions that she needs to deflate it as I'm sure in Islam egotistical people are frowned upon from Allah. Her reply is..that Allah has blessed her with beauty and knowledge and she thanks him everyday. God...that girl.

I'm so looking forward to her coming down this weekend with Natalie and Sophie. Qumar is spending his weekend with Laila and Kadin.So I'll have the house to myself. Which means endless supply of junk food and Netflix. Yay..can't wait In sha Allah. It has been ages since we all had a get together and I have missed them like crazy.

With everything done to my satisfaction I finally pack up to go home. I want to cook Qumar something special for I won't be seeing him for a few days and although he says he loves Laila tremendously her cooking is not something he loves at all. I smile thinking about him.

I gather my bag and cardigan and make my way to the car. I look in my bag for my keys.

Shoot!..where are they in this mess. Kadin the little busy body loves shoving random things into my bag. I find a plastic figurine of a superhero, a little ball and a few packets of sweets for he knows I have a sweet tooth. I can't help smiling for his such a lovable creature.

Finally I found them and just when I'm about to head in the direction of my car I stumble my feet give out and I find myself falling.

Bracing myself for I pull out my hands to late I await for the impact to come but suddenly I feel someone put their arms around me from behind and pulled me against their body. The impact is quick and hard and I steady myself. I turn around with their arms still around me and find myself staring into a familiar pair of emerald green eyes.

Oh my Allah!!!

I couldn't speak just stared like an utter idiot. His grip was so firm so familiar. His eyes were scanning my face and they darkened when I returned his gaze. What the hell am I doing? Why am I still in his arms? Common sense eventually kicks in.

I quickly stepped back adjusting my hijab that has threatened to fall off. My hands are trembling so I quickly keep them busy bending down to pick up my bag and cardigan.

Straightening up I quickly glanced up to see that his eyes are full of amusement.

''Th.th...thank you''. I quickly turn to go to my car but he stops me in my tracks with his voice that I haven't heard in eight years and everything floods back . Goosebumps bombards my body and my face is blushing like crazy.

''What!! No hello.. no good afternoon?' I quickly turn around at his mocking tone.

Damn that was a mistake. He sees my blushes and his smirk grow bigger, then he intentionally checks me out from my head to the bottom of my cladded boots and back up again.

Flustered is not the word I feel.Oh no! I feel as If I'm going to combust. My face is throbbing due to all the blood circulating there.

''Hello Ja.. uh..Mr White.''

Oh my god! what!!Did I really say that? Somebody shoot me please for I know that I will die of mortification any minute now.

His eyes widen at the formal addressing and his lips twitch. Dammit he knows that I'm a blubbering fool because of him. My stupid body is betraying me and clearly he sees everything for he so wants to laugh right now. A flashback of him as boy quickly comes to mind.

''Hello to you to.....Mrs Abbassi''. He replies loud and clear..''It's good to see you..after the initial shock obviously.'' He then puts his hand through his very long hair. Damn he looks so friggin good. He hasn't changed at all. Apart from filling out more ..but that hair. Yikes.. he looks so f...

I shake my head. What the hell? I need to go. His making me feel all these things that I have tried forgetting. My breath catches in my throat... my tummy clenches and to top it off the long lost butterflies are back especially since he keeps staring at me and damn that cocky smirk.

''Yes well..I have to go...good to see you again... Goodbye ja..Mr white''. I quickly turn and rush to my car.

Why the hell am I calling him Mr white of all things?

What must he be thinking?

Why am I acting this way?

Why can't the ground swallow me whole?

''The pleasure was all mine .....Mrs Abbassi''. He calls out behind me... again mocking me. But I don't dare turn around as I fear that whatever I'm feeling well be so blatantly written all over my face.

Jake William White is back in my life and every single feeling that I have tried to forget for the past six years have rushed to the forefront with a vengeance.

Damn it!!

I thought I was doing well, getting over him finally... but wham his back and I feel nothing has changed.

I don't know..seeing him after all these years I feel more conscious more aware of him and that's just after one encounter.

No! No!..I need to put a stop to this. I'm a married woman..and I need to act like a married woman. Although Mines and Qumar's marriage is not a conventional marriage is a marriage none the less. I need to remember that we are Mr and Mrs Abaassi.

I have to avoid another encounter with Jake at all cost. His making me feel so conflicted. My traitorous body is a giveaway and he seems to know this to well judging from his mocking tone.

He's always had a knack of making me feel like a silly little schoolgirl who can't control her blushes. God I wish that wasn't the case but here I am. My body is an emotional wreck..again.

I need to get home. I need to wait for Qumar to come home and have him hold me in his arms.I need his kind words and support.

Oh the irony!!

I'm so glad I have him in my life. His the only one that understands me inside and out. Him and Ja..... No! I refuse to go there.

Starting the car I started to make my way home. When I look in the rearview mirror my breath catches for still standing where I left him is none other than Jake . His leaning against his car and his eyes follow me as I leave. The smirk now replaced with a wistful look and my heart constricts at the site.

Why is he looking like that?

What is he thinking right now?

Why the hell do I care?

Ahhhh. I quickly take a deep breath and do what I do best when stressed.

''Please Allah. Guide me . Save me from temptation. Make me strong in my beliefs and don't let me falter. Ameen.''

I need this so much right now. I continue with my one sided conversation until I finally reached home.

Alhumdulillah.

A/N: Salam and hey guys

Enjoy another update...please let me know what you think even the SILENT readers..lol

also don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter.

Love
Shazk80xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 167 20
This is a story of a young girl who was married because of her parents wish. At first she didn't love the guy but unlike her, the man was so in love...
51.7K 4.4K 44
High school senior Jenna Abbas could not be more excited when she hears that her father's best friend and his family are visiting from the UK. Jenna...
256K 26.4K 36
➳ Wattpad Picks ~ ❝Angels don't lie, but you do. If I'm a devil, what are you?❞ When Burq loses his memory in an accident and doesn't remember his ow...
192 15 10
This is about a girl who is too afraid to come out of her shell . She has gone through something that has put her in a difficult situation . She is a...