The Gifted Hybrid

Von gifted_nerd

BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a... Mehr

Just A Hunch
A Long Bus Route
Camp Spirit
Protection
Powerless
I'm Sorry
First Gift
Your Special
Fast Learner
No Way In
First Attempt
Second Gift
Flashback
Full Moon
Just Try
Its You
Thank You
Book 66
A Sign
Darkness
The Dream
Believe Me
Bad Manners
Questions
See The Truth
You'll See
Relation
An Idea
Good Poison
Practice Makes Perfect
A Favor
Instinct vs Reflex
Just Talk
Triggered
Settled In
A Leader
Metal Eyes
Feelings
Visions Told Truth
Nervous Is Good
Powerful
Marked
Real Deal
A Choice
Author's Note
Next Book Reveal
ITS TIME!!!
Checking in...
THANK YOU!

Our Secret

1.2K 51 16
Von gifted_nerd

I do my best to hurry back into the building. I don't know if Mia is in the room or she's still out but I really need to talk to her about what just happened. And she obviously has some things to confess.

I close the front door and head up the stairs.

"Um Zoe?" I turn around, half way up the stairs and Margaret's standing at the end. I didn't even hear her walk.

"Yeah?" I force a smile.

"Everything okay?" She changed out of her regular close to some sweat and a big tshirt. My eyes widen is shock. Marg wearing sweats, that's a new one.

"Yeah I'm heading to my room" I tell her and she nods. Well that answers one question, Mia didn't run straight to her about me.

She walks down the hall toward her room and I head toward ours. I just now realize I still have the knife and hybrid book in my hand. And Margaret didn't see it.

I rush toward the room and wait a couple seconds before going in. I was sweating and nervous as hell. What would she say? Would she think I'm a freak?

I tap lightly before going in, "Mia?" I call to her but when I step into the room, I can see her bed isn't empty and I can hear her light snoring. I let out a breath. I don't know how she managed to get here so fast and fall asleep so quickly.

I close the door and head for my bed. I place the book on the nightstand, I have to replace it tomorrow in the media room. I remove my shoes and grab the knife out of my pocket, I can't see it clearly and I don't turn on any lights to examine it. I place it into the cloth and stuff it in the back of my draw.

After taking a quick shower and changing into some comfortable clothes, I tie my hair up and get in the bed. I lay there in the dark and think about what I'll say to Mia but the more I think about it, the more I know the conversation won't turn out how I imagine it. So I throw the thoughts away and fall into a deep sleep.

•••••

The next morning, I found Mia's bed empty again. I guess the convo we are supposed to have is going to be avoided till later on. What if she doesn't want to talk to me at all?

I shake my head before climbing out of bed to get dressed. I went with some black jeans with a white tshirt that says moon child in black in the corner. I smiled thinking about mom. I went over to the window and opened the curtains, looking down the yard was empty. Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to come out in the day, the sun wasn't out either but the trees blew in the wind as far as I could see from the window.

After grabbing my black boots, I slipped them on and headed for the door. I really want Mia to hear me out if she'll listen, she also has some explaining to do now that she can change again. She looked just as great as I imagined her to be as a wolf. The bright yellow eyes and the brown coat, it was the perfect combo for her.

I closed the door and when I started heading down the hall, I saw Dylan and Grace walking in the opposite direction. It was the first time seeing them talk, its surprising actually. Even though they are cousins, I'm so used to seeing her with Will. They walk toward me and Grace sends me a smile while Dylan nods in my direction. They continue talking and walk past me as I head for the stairs.

As I descend, I see that no ones in the lobby and its pretty quiet. I reach the end of the stairs and there's no noise at all. I look around and there's no one until a sudden knock is at the door. I walk toward it and just as I'm about to open it, they knock again and I hesitate. Jesus, it's not a dhampyr Zoe just open the door.

But what if it is?

I shake the thought and open the door slowly while peeking through the little crack in the doorway. It's a girl and she looks...young.

"Um Hi?" I say.

She looks up at me and I can see her eyes now. They are...white. I've never seen anything like them before. Her eyes were a solid white but I can still the the tiniest bit of black in them.

She smiles and steps closer to the door.

"Hey, um I'm here to get my mom" she answers and my eyebrows come together in confusion. Her mom?

I open the door and she walks through it slowly. She looks around the building then at me again.

"Wow, it's just like I remembered" she says.

"Um, who's your mom?" I scratch my head.

"Susan, she's here right? She came for the exams" she tells me.

I nod and close the door.

I cross my arms and wait to see where she heads but then she turns to me again. She tilts her head and she examines my body.

"What's wrong?" I unfold my arms.

"Nothing, your-" she walks closer to me and stands about a foot away to examine me closer.

"Your aura. Its- different then what I've ever seen" she explains. Her light brown hair is about halfway down her back and she has freckles on her tan face.

"Your mom said the same thing, can you see what's wrong in our bodies too like she can?" I ask her

"Nope, I'm a future seer. I can see just about anyone's future, or at least I try too. Still getting used to the hand things" she holds out her hands and shrugs.

We both turn to the left and I see Susan and Margaret talking as they make their way toward us. I turn back to her daughter.

"What's your name?" I ask her.

"Stacey, what's yours?" Her face brightens and she smiles from ear to ear. I can tell she likes meeting new people.

I hold out my hand, "its Zoe" she takes it and shakes it but then she looks straight into my face and her smile starts to fade. I let go of her hand and she turns away, her face turning red.

"Can you see my future?" I ask her in a low voice. She turns back to me and swallows, I suddenly wonder even more what she can see.

"I don't know" she steps to me, "here, hold out your hand and let me try"

I hold out my hand and she uses both of hers to grab hold of it. She closes her eyes and her eyebrows come together in concentration. She squeezes a little and then she opens her eyes, scanning the floor with them like shes looking for something.

"There's nothing" she looks up at me, her face pale, "I can't see anything, theres just darkness"

She lets go of my hand and I turn away but I can still feel her eyes on me.

"Zoe, I see you've met my daughter Stacey" Susan smiles and I return one to her.

"Yeah I did, I didn't mean to be annoying but I asked her to-"

"See your future? She gets it all the time. It's a great gift she got from her father" Susan explains but then she turns away like she's thinking about the memory and it's one of the worse ones in her entire life.

I look away and Margaret comes over to stand by me. Stacey breaks eye contact from me and whispers something into her Moms ear. Susan nods than smiles.

"Well, we are going to go now. Come on Stacey" she grabs her daughters hand and drags her toward the door. Margaret waves bye to them and they shut the door behind them.

"Do you think she saw something when she touched my hand?" I asked Marg.

She looked at me, "Zoe everyone has a future, of course she saw something. Maybe she just didn't know how to tell you, it could've been too much to explain"

"Or I couldn't have one at all, she said all she saw was darkness"

"I also over heard her saying she was still trying to learn" she forces a smile and one of her eyebrows go up.

I still didn't believe it. Just like Susan had told me she couldn't see anything in my body, the darkness was there and it was blocking anyone from seeing anything. Like it was defending me.

"So, Zoe have you found anything useful in the media room to read or research? Anything at all?" We start walking, I didn't know where we were going and I'm sure we didn't have practice even though it was Friday.

"Yes, I actually found a really good hybrid book that talks about alot of things but I didn't get to research anything yet"

"That's good, your learning about history. I saw you with the book last night on the stairs"

"Oh" my head falls, "yeah that. Have you seen Mia anywhere? She left before I woke this morning" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "No, but don't let me stop you from finding her" she tells me before she heads toward the back yard.

"Zoe, she's out here with- Hey! Stop fighting!" Margaret rushes out the doors and I follow behind. Once again, the guys are play fighting but they stop this time.

"Guys I told you about that, John! Your seriously letting them fight!" She yells at him and he cringes. My mouth forms into a thin line to keep from laughing as I make my way toward Mia. She's talking with Xander, James and Alex.

"Hey guys" I say, my face instantly goes hot. I don't know why I'm nervous but it just came out of nowhere.

"Hey" Xander smiles my way. James waves and Alex rushes up to me. My eyes widen and I hold out my arms to push him away but he scoops me up in his arms.

"Alex!!" I yell and hit him in the chest and he laughs.

"I'm sweeping you off your feet" he tells me and starts walking, still holding me in his arms.

"Aww, isnt that sweet?" I smile, "but too bad I'm taken"

He sits me down on the table and steps back, crossing his arms, "really? By who?" He lifts an eyebrows.

"Wouldn't you like to know" I smile.

"Yeah, I would actually. Tell me"

"Can you just please tell Mia to come over here, I really need to talk to her" I put on a serious face.

He shrugs, unfolding his arms he says "Fine"

"Thanks for the lift" I shout after him.

"No problem" he yells before jogging over toward them. Xander pushes him and he laughs before telling Mia what I said. She looks at me and hesitates before making her way over to the table.

"Hey" she says.

"Hi" I tell her.

She folds her arms on the table and forces a smile before looking over at Marg.

"Did you tell her about your new um...gifts?" She lowers her voice.

"So you know they are gifts? And no, I didn't. That's why I called you over" I explain to her.

"You want me to keep it a secret?" She raises an eyebrow.

I nod, "yes because I don't want her to know until I feel it's right to tell her"

She looks me in the eyes and gives a light nod.

"So can you tell me what that was exactly? Because I don't know what to say. It was crazy"

I open my mouth to speak but she continues.

"Zoe you looked scary and I mean scary. Like you belonged out there in the woods at night. Like it was your natural habitat. Your eyes were all black and your skin was black and I thought something terrible happened for a minute but then you said my name and I-" she breaths for a minute and runs a hand through her hair.

"I just froze and didn't know what to do. I'm sorry I freaked and after I changed I was so tired, I just ran home and fell asleep" she finally finished talking.

"So you changed? I thought you were having a hard time?" I asked her.

"So you heard. Let me guess, Emily told you? That girl can't keep a secret for nothing"

"What happened?" I asked her and she looked back at the guys. They were now sitting on the grass talking.

"I don't know how but Xander helped me. He told me how it was hard for him also. Now I can change and last night I was alone and I finally did it" her face brightens at the thought.

"Can you change whenever you want?"

She nods, "yes, if I'm used to it. I have to do it more often. What about you? When does- um whatever that was last night happen?"

"I don't know, the first time was in the woods during the full moon. I-"

"Wait did you make the ground shake? Your the reason for the howls, I knew it. It felt weird but I knew it came from something familiar, I felt its energy"

"Yeah and I was just trying to practice out in the woods last night and that's when it came to me again. Not sure how strong it is or how much I have under control" I finish.

She nods and smile. I think I've gotten my friend back and it makes me happy to know.

"Okay" she looks at me again, "I'll keep your secret as long as you keep mine"

I raise my eyebrows, not sure of what she means, "what secret?"

"I kinda have a crush on Xander"

A/N: Guys everyday I didn't write was a dread and I felt so bad. Here's another chapter for you guys.

I LOVE YOU AND PLEASE make me happy by clicking the star at the bottom of the page.
Xox ♡♡

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

5K 500 25
In this fourth and last book of the MAGIC OF LOVE series we meet the youngest son of Jace Haronnate Nicolae and his grandson - son of Stefan - JJ. Bu...
145K 4K 32
▌ ·˚ ༘ ミ 𝒐𝑖𝑣. ┊ ❪ 𝓜𝙴𝚁𝙲𝚈! ❫   ↳ 慈悲 ❛ 𝖿𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝖻𝗅𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗆𝖾 𝖽𝗋�...
601K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...
715K 20.1K 63
Have you ever felt the love and protection of three vampires? Zoey hasn't, she didn't even think it could've been anything other than fiction. Nikola...