Jacob's Bet

By ariana-everhart

Riley. The sort of nice, sort of sarcastic, sort of smart, not really stand-outish girl and half-enemy of Jac... More

NOTE
Chapter 1 - Introductions
Chapter 2 - Jacob's Bet
Chapter 3 - He Ships Jacley
Chapter 4 - Dogs Dying
Chapter 5 - Lunch Detention
not a chapter
Chapter 6 - Spell Amy
Chapter 7 - He Shops In VS
Chapter 8 - Kiss Me Kiss Me
Chapter 9 - Party With Reem
Chapter 10 - Break A Leg
Bye For Now
WOAH
Chapter 11 - Lost Kids
Chapter 12 - Haha Very Funny
Chapter 13 - Talk The Talk
Chapter 14 - Battle Of The Axes
Chapter 15 - Acceptance Speech
Chapter 16 - Jealousy At Its Finest
Overrrrr
HEARTBREAK RULEBOOK
Power Of Persuasion
Chapter 17 - Thin Line
Chapter 18 - BYHRB
Chapter 19 - Paintball
Chapter 21 - Too Short
Chapter 22 - Wanna Dance?
Chapter 23 - Crying
Chapter 24 - TBOTE Part 1
Please Read
Chapter 25 - TBOTE Part 2
REWRITE NEWS

Chapter 20 - Sleeping Beauty

9.2K 342 173
By ariana-everhart

"Are you coming to the football match tonight?" Jacob asks me as soon as I walk through the school doors.

"Probably not."

"But you have to comeeee," he whines tugging on my shirt.

"If you want me to come that badly...no," I say stopping in front of my locker and grabbing my things.

"Why not?"

"I'm busy."

"Busy doing what?" He asks shutting my locker for me just as the bell rings.

"I've fallen behind on Teen Wolf."

"Teen Wolf? What is that? A show about wolves?"

"It's a show about cooking, yes idiot what'd you think it was?" I mentally face palm.

"But come onnnnn, you can watch that another day," Jacob continues to nag me on the way to class.

"I don't wanna go, leave me alone I told you I'm busy, there's a really hot guy on the other side of the screen waiting to marry me and I don't want to keep him waiting."

"Who?"

"There's a few, like Dylan O'brien, Luke Hemmings, Niall Horan or Harry styles whichever one comes first, Brooklyn Beckham, Colton Haynes, Max Irons, Douglas Boo-"

"Okay, okay I get the point," he chuckles just as I walk into class.

-----------------

"So are you coming to the game as well?" Ashton asks strolling into my room.

Looking up from my book, Gone Girl, I sigh before replying, "I'm not going."

"Well Jacob said you were going."

"Yeah going nowhere, now leave me alone," I wave him off.

"He said that if you didn't come willingly, he was gonna have to do it by force and he's picking you up since I'm going with a friend, so get dressed."

"Fine, whatever get out," I shut the door before going over to my closet and digging through my clothes. Finally, I decide on something cute but comfortable. I was wearing jeggings paired with my black combat boots and a warm pastel pink sweater.

Wait. What was I doing, I wasn't even going. Okay, something was seriously wrong with me.

This had to be because of that brown haired, green-eyed, God-like, annoying ass douche. Yes okay, something was definitely wrong with me, I was now complimenting a spawn of Satan.

Flopping down on my bed, I decide to just let my thoughts rest and take a nap.

"Riley, Riley," a pair of hands rested on my shoulders shake me awake.

Opening my eyes, I let them adjust before letting them rest on a half amused smile.

"Lets go Sleeping Beauty," he says pulling me out of a.....car?

Looking around I realise we're at school and see everyone trying to find a seat on the bleachers.

"How did we get here?"

"Got to your house, saw you sleeping, picked you up, put you in the car, brought you here."

"I slept through all of that?"

"Yeah, now lets go or I'm gonna be late," he says tugging on my arm. I follow him until we get inside and then part ways so I can find Ali and Alex.

"Hey," I say sitting down once I find them.

"Where were chu? The game's aboush to start," Ali says through a mouth full of popcorn.

"I was sleeping, who are they versing?" I ask referring to the game.

"They're versing the 'Musketeers' and I'm pretty sure we're going to win," Alex tells me.

"Why's that?"

"Look," he points to something on the field. Turning, I see the other team doing practice shoots and they literally all sucked. The ball would go no where near the goal and even when it did, the goalie would stop it. There was only one person who could actually get it into the goal...and he was staring at me.

I look away and after a few seconds, turn back to see him talking to Jacob. Squinting, I finally make it out to be Steven.

Steven. The guy who was going to win $1000 if I broke up with Jacob. Which I couldn't. This was all for money. Sometimes, I forget that.

--------------

"YES!" Alex shouts.

We had just won the game and the score was actually pretty surprising. It was 9-8 our way and even though we won, the fact that they were able to lose by one point was impressive considering their players all sucked. Oh and Steven scored all eight goals and basically carried his whole team.

"How did I do?" A voice says from behind me.

"Amazing," I smile turning around.

Jacob grabs my hand, pulling me up and hugs me.

"Eww, no, you're all sweaty and gross!" I pull away and he just laughs.

"C'mon just one hug," he says and as if the word one isn't clear, he holds up one finger as well.

"Hugs and I do not go well together," I state matter-of-factly.

"But you and I do," he pulls me back in.

I give him a quick hug before letting him go to the change rooms. After he leaves, I make my way towards Hunter to congratulate him.

As I walk closer, I see him talking to....Regina? I watch as she gives him a kiss on the cheek, they were so cute. Not wanting to be a creep, I turn around to walk away before coming face-to-face with Steven.

"Hey Riley."

"Oh, hey Steven. Good job on the game, you were really good," I have to remember that he doesn't know that I know what I know.

"Thanks but seriously, Riley cut the crap," he says, his tone of voice doing a complete 180 degree turn.

"What?"

"Riley. I know you know about the bet. I saw your shadow through the window."

Okay, I was definitely not spy material.

"Where's this going?"

"I wanna know why you aren't dumping him. He made a stupid bet with you and now he's gonna win $1000 for it."

"Well I wanna know why you made the bet with him in the first place!"

"It was a joke, but he took it too seriously," he says running his hands up and down his face.

"I want to dump him but I can't, we made a bet."

"Obviously that's not the entire reason, I can see it in your face."

Was it okay if I told him that I wanted to break Jacob's heart? Would he help me? I guess I've got nothing else to lose.

"Look, half of the reason I haven't dumped Jacob yet is because we made a bet. A bet's a bet. The other half is because I'm gonna make him fall for me and I have 9 more days - including today - to do it."

"Why?"

"Because I liked him and he played me like a fool."

"Of course," he rolls his eyes. "I can help you."

"What's in it for you?"

"Shutup and let me explain my genius plan."

I stay quiet and he takes that as his cue to continue.

"Okay, so you have nine days. Nine days to break his heart. I say you hang out with me for a while and see how he reacts, he's obviously going to be jealous but still it'll be funny. After that, I'll help you through the rest. And there is a way to break up with him."

"How?"

"Make another bet. If you win it, call the current bet off and you can dump him. If he wins, well then you'll just have to deal with the consequences."

"What's in it for you?" I eye him suspiciously.

"I don't know, maybe the fact that I don't have to pay him $1000."

"Okay, you've got a point but why are you going along with the nine days thing? All you need to be around for is the bet."

"I love messing with Jacob."

"But he's your friend."

"Exactly."

As soon as he says that, Jacob appears from behind me. "Hey, I was looking for you everywhere," he wraps his arms around me.

"Oh yeah me too," out of the corner of my eye I see Steven smirk.

"So what were you guys talking about?"

Before I can say anything, Steven quickly speaks up. "Oh we were just making some plans to hang out tomorrow."

"Really?" Jacob turns to me for confirmation and I see Steven giving me a look to go along with it.

"Uh yeah we were going to go..." I trail off not knowing what to say.

"Have coffee! Yeah, have coffee. Just something simple," Steven says coming to the rescue.

"You said you didn't like coffee?" Jacob questions.

"Why does it matter? Look I'm tired. Can we go?"

"Sure."

We quickly say goodbye to Steven and just as we're about to walk off, Steven shouts to me, "I'll text you later, bye Riley!"

And it all happens in a matter of seconds. Jacob turns around, storming up to his friend and throws a solid punch to him. I gasp as Steven staggers back clutching his nose and quickly run over to him to see if he's alright.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there," Jacob 'apologises'.

Steven stands up straight, taking a few steps towards Jacob and throws a punch to his face. Here we go again.

Jacob tackles Steven to the ground and they roll around for a while, fighting each off. "Guys, stop!" I shout realising they were drawing a lot of attention.

They ignore me and continue attempting to murder one another. "STOP!" They ignore me again.

Closing my eyes, I bring my foot back and swing forward kicking one of them off the other. I had a pretty strong kick. Groaning, Jacob lies on the floor holding his side.

"What the hell, Riley!"

"I'm sorry! I had no other option! I don't want to be a witness of murder, they ask so many questions!"

"Riley, could you help me up?" Steven asks followed by a wink so I know that this is part of the plan to get Jacob jealous.

"Yeah sure." I go over to his side and help him stand.

"Where now?" I ask him.

"Take me to my car."

We start to head off until Jacob calls my name. Turning my head, I see him still lying on the floor.

"What about me?" He asks throwing his hands into the air.

"Don't worry. If I'm in a good mood tomorrow and you're still alive maybe I'll come and get you."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Disappointed in this chapter but oh well. Please vote for this chapter and if you see any typos, don't hesitate me to tell me because this is unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 15.5K 82
Featured in YARomance's 'Love-Hate' reading list as of 01/24/2022 Featured in TeenFiction's 'Funny Bones' reading list as of 09/23/2021 Featured in W...
803K 26.1K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
2.3M 99.6K 47
Kira and Jason weren't looking for love, but they decided to give it a try. (18+)
200K 7.3K 42
[COMPLETED] New school. New rules. New bullies. What better things do handsome, rich, egoistic boys have to do other than drive people insane? When...