At My Brother's Wedding

By delmonreina

Completed✔️! #3 in Romance on 13/3/20! #4 in Crush on 7/3/22 Pratvik❤ Shakshi ! Shakshi. A beautiful, lovely... More

Reader's Note
One - Shakshi
Two - Coffee Shop
Three - Meeting the Professor
Four - Sparkles
Five - Team work
Six - 'Not a date' Date
Seven - She's my what?
Eight - Mr.Possessive
Nine - You have to love me!
Ten - For now, Not forever!
Eleven - A new beginning
Twelve - Future Chairman
Thirteen - Stay away from her!
Fourteen - Nice start!
Fifteen - Love?
Sixteen - Beautiful
Seventeen - Party tonight
Eighteen - Unofficial Proposal
Nineteen - Kiss and Slap
Twenty - The accident
Twenty one - Trust
Twenty three - Bad day ends good
Twenty four - I love you!
Twenty five - I hate you!
Twenty Six - Va-rica
Twenty Seven - Aftermath!
Twenty Eight - Her first kiss!
Twenty Nine - Effect
Thirty - Heated up!
Thirty One - Bad girl?
Thirty Two - Haldi
Thirty Three - Mehandi
Thirty Four - Sangeeth
Thirty Five - The Wedding
Thirty Six - My Pratvik
Epilogue

Twenty two - Her Heart breaker!

16.6K 659 50
By delmonreina

Sorry for such a late update😥😞....

Shakshi's Pov

Ari was sleeping again due to the action of sedative which was given by Dr. Sharath. I sat near her holding her cold hand. Tears trickling now and then. My emotions are overflowing just like the niagra falls! Everytime I broke, I faked a confidence to be courageous and look forward to brace Ari! But it ended all in vain. Crying again!

"Shakshi! Enough! I knew this is hard. But crying doesn't fix anything and just make you sick. " I care a little about Pratvik's words.

I would be a mess if he was not with me. Many storms passed in my life which I overcame all myself. But now its a different story. After he stepped into my life, I began to long for his love and affection just like a puppy. And I'm not complaining about it.

Pratvik somehow wormed into the shutted doors of my life and engraved love in my heart. He made me believe in trust and hope. But I proceed with caution as I can't take another heart break.

"Shakshi!" he raised his voice a little bit which I didn't mind either.

I felt him stood from the cot and walked towards me. He was standing at my side and his hand encircled my shoulder and pulled me towards him. I leaned into his embrace, sobbing. He gently rubbed my arm comforting me.

"Its around 9. I want you to eat then take some rest. You look weak sweetie!"

"I don't want anyth..."

"Don't refuse! You will face the consequences. Just listen my words Shakshi. I hate threatening you everytime when all I wanted to do is to love!!"

I sighed. He reached for my face and wiped the tears. He bent down and placed a kiss on top of my head while caressing my cheek. I like him!

"I can't see you like this, baby! You don't know how much it hurts me looking you like this. I would fix this if  I was able to. But please get over with it."

"Did you ever experienced the pain when you lost someone who was the world to you?" I don't know why I asked him such a question. I should not be mad at him. I know he is just trying his best to calm me down.

His eyes widened. He just shook his head in a 'No'.

"I- I'm sorry, Shakshi...I know its not easy to get over on some loss like that. But..." he paused searching for my expression as if the words are going to kill me. I like him even more!

"I just want you to be fine." he finished.

"I will be when.... You are with me." I didn't regret completing the sentence and leaned even more on him.

I could sense his disbelief hearing those words came from my mouth. I usually don't announce his need in my life just like that.

"Lets have a small dinner. Please!" he pleaded.

I wiped my nose with the back of my hand and stood near him without refusing him this time.

I followed him out the room not before giving a last glance on Ari at the door.

"She will be fine. Nurses will do their work. Don't worry." he ensured me.

We were sitting close in the hospital cafteria as I denied him taking me out. I just want to be somewhere close to Ari. And I have no idea leaving her alone.

The cool breeze made me shiver due to my weak state. Then I noticed I was in his shirt and pants since this morning. Anyone looking at me could easily knew this fact. As the cafeteria's dinning area is in the open place, the night chills are getting worsen. I wrapped my arms around myself frictioning the palm on my side to warm me.

He noticed this and removed his coat and covered me. This made him left only with his white t-shirt hugging his abs and broad shoulder blades. He ran his hand through his hair made him look so good. Wait! Pull yourself together, girl!

He caught me starring at him. He just gave me light smirk decided not to make fun of me. I turned my head away but he could see my cheeks getting darker shade.

"You can go up, Shakshi. I will bring your food. Its cold out here."

"Its okay. I'm fine!"

We ate our food in silence. He checked me now and then if I needed something in case. Why is he caring me this much which made it difficult for me not to love him?

After that, he paid the bill. He also bought a biscuit packet, and a water bottle. We took the elevator. There was no one other than us in it.

He took his kerchief and wiped something from the corner of my mouth. He didn't miss the opportunity to brush my lips with his fingertips. I ducked his hand.

"What?" he frowned like he was an innocent one.

"I can do that myself." I rolled my eyes.

When we entered the room. Ari was still lying peacefully in her bed. The light was dimmed and the only sound I heard was beeping from her monitor.

"Shakshi. Mmm... You can sleep at my place. Its not far from the hospital. You can freshen up there and I will bring you here tomorrow morning before she wake." he tried.

"No. I will stay here."

"Shakshi... Please."

"Please don't force me in this." he sighed at my stubbourness.

"Okay then. I will stay here with you."

"No. Just go home. I can handle this. Its just one visitor's cot in here."

"No issues. We can sleep together..... If you don't mind." he hesitated.

"Actually I mind. Go home. You are tired too. Please."

He sighed.

"Call me if you need anything. I will be back in the morning." he said after knowing that I will not agree to his request.

I really don't mind sleeping with him, cuddling him or hugging him. But not here. I don't want someone in this hospital seeing us. It will be a disrespect for him.

He went out closing the door behind him. And I already started to miss him. After confirming everything was fine with Ari. I crept into the blanket and snuggling into the pillow he got for me. I saw the biscuit and water bottle which he had placed on the table. It is been a long time since someone take care of me.

Sleep enveloped my eyes. But something was nagging me. His absence.

I took my phone. I typed him. 'Thank you', but it seemed so formal so I deleted it, I again typed 'I miss you', but its so sudden, I deleted it, then 'I am waiting for you', I deleted it again.
With a huff, I just sent him, 'Reached home?'. I can't come up with a good one. I waited for his reply but to my surprise he call me.

"Hey baby! You okay there?" there was so much concern in his voice.

"Mmm... I just... I... " I miss him but I don't have a muscle to confess it to him.

"Miss me?"

What? Oh no! I scoffed.

"I miss you too!" he continued without waiting for my response.

"Have you reached home?" I push the topic.

"Just now. Then I got your text."

I just hummed.

"Is everything okay there?"

"Hmm."

"So, Is that all?"

"Hmm."

"You are tired baby. Go sleep! I will be there in the morning."

"Hmm."

I don't want him to cut the call. I want to hear his words. Its comforting me and made me feel as if he was there.

"Anything else?"

"Hmm."

"Shakshi?"

"Hmm?"

"What is it baby?"

"Hmm."

I know I'm irritating him. But he didn't sound irritated. More like searching for my reasons.

"Sleep."

"Hmm."

"I'm going to end the call. Good night dear."

"Aahh... Wait!"

"What else dear?"

"Mmm... Mmm..." I can't make up an excuse so fast.

There was a silence at his end. Did he cut the call?

"Hello? Pratvik?" I hurried.

"Yeah baby! I'm listening!"

"Uhmmm... Thanks."

"For?"

"Everything. Thank you so much."

"You don't have to."

"Hmm."

"So... This is what you wanted to say?"

"Hmm."

"Okay then. Sleep. Bye."

"N-No! Thats not all I wanted to say."

"What else dear?"

Nothing else. I just miss you. I need you. Really, Nothing else!

"Ummm..." Think fast.

"Yeah?"

"I mean..."

Words failed.

"Huh?"

I'm really testing his patience.

"Did you locked the door?"

He chuckled and I'm embrassed. I just can't help. I started to become dependent to him.

"Yes I did. What next? I undressed into my night pants and settled under my covers lying peacefully trying to get some sleep." he mocked.

"Am I disturbing you?"

"No. Not at all, dear." sarcasm dripping his words.

"Sorry." I muttured. I shouldn't have texted in first place. But I missed him. It looks like he doesn't. I sighed.

"Go to sleep, Shakshi!"

Then I found the line went dead. I was very much disappointed. I tossed the phone on the table. I rolled my side facing the wall. I don't feel sleepy anymore. I don't know why I was mad at him. It was me who asked him to leave. But I miss him. I just need his comfort.

He is just like everyone. I said that to myself and sighed. I stirred again and again. I regretted texting him. I should just let myself sleep drooping my eyelids before. I sat and grabbed the water bottle. Sipped it attempting to calm myself. How could he deny me just for a sleep? Okay! Thats sound childish.

I lied down again. But its difficult for me to sleep. I dwelled in my own thoughts missing the fact that someone entered the room. I was facing the wall with eyes closed.

Then I realized someone sat in my cot as it dipped behind me. When my eyes flew open in caution, the figure already lied behind me and an arm encircling my waist and pulling me towards him. I opened my mouth to shout. But then I recognised the known warmth of him.

Pratvik!

I rolled to my side facing him. I am so surprised now. Actually on cloud nine as I'm not expecting him.

His soft eyes glowed with love in that dim light. His lips were smiling at me. He pulled me even closer. I placed my head on his chest happily listening his heart beat as if it is saying 'I love you'. I let my hands snake on his back trying to close even a smaller gap seperating us. He kissed my head.

"I miss you." I can't hold it anymore.

"I know." His hands rubbing my back comforting me.

Then it hit me. We are in the hospital. I panicked and tried to pull away from him. What if someone enter as like Dr. Sharath?

"Easy dear! I locked the door. No one is going to trepass this time."

I blushed.

Then I looked at Ari's direction.

Calm down baby! I'm not going to do anything. Just hold you in my arms and sleep. Okay?

I blushed again. I know. He doesn't need to say that. I have no idea how he turn simple words into a different meaning.

I yawned.

"Go to sleep, sweetpie."

I didn't wait for him to repeat. I slept peacefully in his arms.

Next morning I woke at his absence. Where did he went? I scanned around. Then I saw him come out of the restroom, a toothbrush in his hand. Where did he got that?

"Good morning baby! You can sleep even more. Ari is fine!"

"Then why you left me early?" Control your word vomit Shakshi! I looked down after realized what I said.

He chuckled. I blushed.

"Here." He handed me a tooth brush, paste, soap, towel and his t-shirt and pant. Did he packed things for me?

I took them from him. And raised my eyebrow looking at his dress.

"I didn't find a store last night. I will get some dresses for you today. Adjust this time."

I smiled.

"I will go get breakfast. Go freshen up."

I nodded and headed to the restroom.

I convinced him a lot to go back to his work after completing our breakfast. He didn't go easy accepting my word. He didn't want to leave me alone. Me neither! But him sticking with me will go the rumors as a rampage around the hospital. Not like I want this to be a secret but don't want unwanted attention.

He left to his cabin after which Varun came. But he left soon to his class after asking about her condition and gave me some soothing words.

A nurse came after that collecting Ari's blood sample and checking her blood pressure. She informed me Dr. Sharath will come for rounds shortly.

Then I got this call from the receptionist to my phone. Odd!

"Hello? Ms. Shakshi?"

"Yes!"

"There is a visitor for you waiting in the reception."

"May I know who?"

"He said he is your relative. Can you come here?"

"Okay! I will be there. Thank you."

Who could be that? I checked on Ari and went down afyer informing at the nurse station.

I frozed completely when I saw tge person waiting there. Its my....

F-A-T-H-E-R!

******

Hi my dear lovely readers...

How is this chapter?

Next chapter is going to be a action one. Hope you don't miss that!

And I'm really sorry for making you wait this long for my updated. Just some life issues... But I 'm really sorry!!!😢😢😢

Please Comment. Vote. Share.

All love from my heart❤❤❤❤

And... Please follow me to get notifications on my update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1.3K 19
Vahi massom chehra Jo 2 saal pehle dekha tha Jo aaj bhi raat ko sone nahi deta. Vahi nili ankhe Jo 2 saalo pehle dekhi thi bilkul samundar ki t...
149K 8.2K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...
2.6M 120K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
713K 63K 36
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...