Ever After

By donttouchmyfood

Rosie never really had to ask for anything that she received; she certainly did not ask to be a princess. She... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 4

35.6K 436 67
By donttouchmyfood

Dedication to @nacholuver4eva because she guessed last chapter's gif - 21 Jump Street!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rosie, you look even prettier than you did this morning." Louis commented from the driver's seat of his car we were in.

"Perhaps thats because I had just woken up when you ambushed me." I replied sarcastically.

On the radio, What Makes You Beautiful came on. I turned the volume up.

"No! Can we please change the station? I find it strange to listen to myself on the radio. It feels weird."

I laughed, "Well, okay." I changed the station to Cher Lloyd's 'Want U Back.' "Ah, I love this song. The grunts are basically why I love it, though."

He smiled, "Same!"

We sang along to the song, cracking up throughout all of it. The grunting is life.

"So, are you one of those guys that never tell the girl where they're going, or do you wanna tell me?" I asked. In almost every book or movie I've seen, the guy always refuses to tell where they're going for their date.

"Depends. Are you one of those girls who always want to know where they're going, or do you like the surprise?" He reversed my question.

Actually I was one of the girls who liked the surprise. It's not like I wouldn't find out in ten minutes anyway. "Surprises are nice, so I'm probably the latter."

We drove for a little while longer. Unlike almost every other situation I've ever been in, there wasn't any awkwardness or any awkward silences. We arrived at our destination and I was immediately confused.

"What is this place?"

"You've neer been to a drive-in cinema?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"...no?"

"Well, basically, it's like going to the regular cinema but staying in your car and watching on this massive screen."

"Yeah, but how do you hear the film if there are so many screens?"

"You turn your station to the station specific to the film you're seeing, and you'll hear it through there. I love it."

"Sounds cool!" I nodded. "But I thought you said we were going to get dinner?"

"Change of plans," he shrugged with a grin on his face.

We were seeing a double feature: Finding Nemo and The Odd Life Of Timothy Green. He let me pick, and I was a total sucker for children's films. I was confused as to why they were showing Finding Nemo since it wasn't hardly new, but whatever. We picked up popcorn, sweets, and drinks from the concession stand. We pulled into a parking spot in the lot for our film.

"I'm so excited!" I squealed. "When is it starting?" I was probably way too anxious. I couldn't wait any longer for the movie to start.

"We still need to go up onto the roof." Louis said, as if a lightbulb just went off in his head.

My eyes widened, "What?"

"We sit on the roof and watch the movie! It's fun. It's kind of chilly, so if you get cold you can borrow one of the many jumpers I seem to collect in my car, if you want."

I DO WANT! I wanted to scream out loud. I always thought it was adorable when a guy leant his girlfriend his jumper. Except Louis wasn't my boyfriend...and this was just a date. Was it even a date, though? Maybe he just saw me as a friend that he was going to see a film with. Did he? I really wanted to ask.

"Okay." I replied simply, trying to my cool. "But wait. Won't the roof like...you know...break if we sit on it?"

"I don't weigh as much as I look like I do." He answered jokingly. I laughed uneasily and he noticed that it was a serious question. "It won't break, I promise."

"Only because you promised..." I followed his lead up to the roof of his car. It felt weird to be on the roof. And it was chilly, like he predicted. I took him up on his offer for a jumper. It was big on me, but extremely warm. Not to mention that it was his...I was wearing his clothing! Time to die.

The movie started and Louis spread the blanket that he brought across our laps. I was freaking out. We were so close to each other! Did I smell? I mean, I had just showered before he picked me up, but I could've picked up a weird scent in the time between. And if I did smell, he would totally be able smell me. I could smell his aftershave or cologne or whatever. I always got confused between the two...thats besides the point, though. My heart was beating out of my chest. I wondered if Louis could actually hear my heart beating. I was getting warm, too, like I always did around cute guys. My ears felt hot. But I couldn't sweat in Louis's sweatshirt! It wasn't mine to keep and I was not about to release body fluids (sweat, of course...) all over it. Oh my god, could he feel how warm I was getting just through the space between our bodies? It wasn't like we were touching or anything, but was I giving off extreme body heat? See, this was why I didn't go on dates. I was too awkward and not normal and weird and tall (which has nothing to do with this, really) and ugh. And this isn't even a date, is it?

Then the impossible happened.

Louis wrapped his arm around me.

HE WRAPPED HIS FREAKING ARM AROUND ME.

How was I supposed to react?! He was touching me! He could now feel my body heat and my racing heart! I was actually going to pass out. And I really needed to fart, too...

But that would be a turn off, right?

****

It took me almost half the first movie to calm down. I was actually full on freaking out, but I realized that it was okay. Louis wouldn't have asked me out on what I was pretty sure was a date unless he liked me.

As the end of The Odd Life Of Timothy Green drew closer, I became increasingly tired. I yawned and cuddled into Louis, resting my head in the crook of his neck. It took me a lot of courage to do this, actually, and I was left wondering where it came from. He, in response, wrapped his arm more securely around my shoulders. I demanded of myself not to have a panic attack.

But then a thought hit me...did Louis kiss on the first date? Was he expecting to kiss me later tonight? I'm sorry, but having his arm around me was almost too much for me on the first date! Wasn't that a lot for a first date? Yes? Maybe? No? Where on Earth could I find a copy of a dating manual? But if he did try to kiss me, would I kiss back? I don't even know how to kiss! In books it seems like the character who has never kissed before magically knows how to kiss and it comes naturally. I doubt that happens in real life.

At the film ended, we got down from the roof. I stretched my arms out, releasing a big, unattractive yawn. Since I was wearing a crop top and I'd ended up taking Louis's jumper off, my stomach was revealed. I felt a little insecure when that happened, especially since Louis noticed. We drove home in a somewhat silence, but it wasn't really awkward. There would've been a lot to talk about, but I was just tired.

*

When we got back to the castle, he walked me up to the door. I smiled at his classic gesture.

"I had the best time tonight, Louis. Thanks so much for taking me!"

"You don't have to thank me; I had the best time too." He replied.

Maybe he wouldn't kiss me after all. But still, all alarms in my head went off and I couldn't think straight enough to know what to do. I didn't want to give him any more of an oppurtunity to kiss me. Even if he wasn't planning on kissing me, I needed to get out of there before he wanted to.

I quickly pecked his cheek before blurting out, "'Night, Louis!" I dashed in through the door, shutting it quickly behind me.

I groaned, leaning against the shut door. I mentally disciplined myself (it's perfectly normal, I swear) for ruining the end of a perfect night as I trekked up the stairs to my bedroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this was a kinda long chapter, I think? Please please leave your thoughts in the comments! I wanna know what you thought!

Oh, and sorry for the really slow updates! School is absolutely insane.

I have a favor to ask. This story is in the 1DWattyAwards. If you would like to, please vote for it! I want to win so badly ahaha :) it would be such a dream come true!

So that's all! Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter! Love you Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
143K 2.8K 48
"When you're young, everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not, it's just the beginning." We were ruined after I left her alone. She wa...
4.4K 163 18
Choices make life. Choose right, everything will fall in place. Choose wrong, you and the people around you will be challenged. But are there...
16.7K 598 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...