The exchange (camren) English...

By camrreeen

- THE EXCHANGE 1ST BOOK - The author of the story is @merari-cabello on wattpad. All the credits go to her! I... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Epilogue

Chapter 2

7.7K 169 38
By camrreeen

“Welcome love, make yourself at home.” Clara said to me opening the door.

I entered slowly, while my eyes captured every part of that nice place, completely different from the disorder that's in my house.

Here everything seems in order, millimetrically accommodated, even the flowers are part of the decoration of the room.

“Come to my room!” Chris said taking my hand.

“May I ?” I asked Clara.

“This house is my life” Clara said.

I smiled gratefully and let myself be carried away by that extremely cute child, who was taking me up the stairs.

Taylor was coming after us, laughing.

“Chris was anxious when he was told that he would have a new sister.” She said smiling “That's the only thing he's been talking about for days.”

“I was also very excited to come.” I said and smiled.

We enter a room of any child's dreams,
all kinds of toys exist in this place,
Chris showed me everything, as I wouldn't stay here the rest of the, in a reckless and hasty manner. When he was distracted with a cart, Taylor took me out of the room.

“You can thank me later” she said laughing, referring to the fact of having taken me out of that room. “I find you very brave... for the fact that you come alone to another country.”

“Ah, I'm already used to that, my sister is just like him, the only difference is that she's a girl. ” I said laughing.
“It was a crazy idea that I had.”

“Do you have siblings?” Taylor asked surprised, I think I did not mention that.

“I have a sister, Sofia.” I smiled at her
“she is the same age as Chris.”

“Oh, that's good!” she smiled
“It must have been something strange for you having to speak a different language.”

“At the beginning it was a little complicated, because I had to talk all the time and I am not used to it. But with practice, I think that soon I will be feeling like i am home, literally.”

“I will do my best to make you feel like home” she said and I smiled at her, I already worshiping my new ‘sister’.

Taylor showed me the rest of the house, then we went back to the room where I talked a little more with everyone.
-

“Can I call my mom?” I asked without shame. “Just to let her know that I arrived and I am okay.”

“Sure, yes.” Clara said and handed me the phone.

“Do you know how to call?” I nodded.
“Thank you.” I said, placing the phone in my ear.

“Hello?...” My eyes began to fill with tears as I heard my mother's voice.

“It's all right mom, I like everyone here.”
I smiled, feeling better when I was speaking Spanish again. I let a tear fall.

“I miss you too a lot. Give Sofi a kiss and tell dad I'll send him an email soon, I don't want to spend a lot on the phone...” I said chewing my lower lip.

“I love you too, mom. Kisses.”

I ended the call, still crying.
Taylor came towards me and hugged me.

I realized that everyone was there without any reaction, and I was forced to stop crying, I just smiled.

“Excuse me for that.”

“Oh, my love, you do not need to apologize!” Clara said and I smiled “Whenever you need a hug you can count on any of us.”

I nodded and thanked her, we didn't talking about any kind of things while we were having dinner.

At midnight Taylor and I were already lying in her room, when suddenly we heard an argument that came from the room.

“I only asked you to do one thing Lauren, one thing and you did not do it.” Clara said in a somewhat sad voice.

“Don't start, I'm not in the mood to listen to sermons.” Lauren said

“Stay still.” Clara ordered her furious.

“I warned you all week that you can't leave today.”  she said almost screaming.
“You knew that we would go get Camila.”

“It's okay, it's okay, you made it, alright” she said, without much importance.

“You smell like cigarettes Lauren” she said almost to mourn. “I asked you to stop smoking and do all those things, but it is clear that you don't listen to me.
And that's the last thing I checked if you did today. I demanded something and you didn't do it and it was not somethiny impossible to do... I just wanted you to accompany us to the airport.”

“HERE YOU ARE.” Lauren said to me

“I'm not Mexican, I had a life before I had to care about looking for her. Can you calm down ?” she said something severe, leaving me scared. “And do not start with the drama because of that or the cigarettes or whatever.”

“I can't believe you, Lauren. I'll give you a warning, if you get to treat her badly, our conversation end up being different.” Clara said.

Then, all they heard were footsteps going up the stairs and a door closing.

“It's always the same.” Taylor whispered in a sigh. “Excuse me for that, Lauren is a jerk.”

“Your sister?”

“Yes.” She said taking a deep breath.

“She is irresponsible, she is always annoying and she doesn't respect anyone, not even my parents” she took a pause.
“I think she is involved in something much worse than cigarettes or drinking.”

I was shocked, with such a nice family, all so sweet, how can she be so ‘rebellious’?

“I think she's like that because of me. ”
I said “because they force her to come.”

“It's not because of that, Lauren always makes a scene like that, and every night about something new. And the punishments are in vain, she stays the same”.
She was silent for a while, but continued “Ignore those things, fights between her and my parents are very constant.”

After all that silence reigned in the house, I was thoughtful for a moment.
I confess that I'm a little afraid of Lauren.
Then I ended up falling asleep without realizing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 35.4K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
46.4K 4.9K 33
The twenty five year old Jimin only had littlest dreams to achieve. He loved his parents even though they were poor. He had a boyfriend who was ready...
89K 3.3K 7
In a world where tattoos decide who your soulmate is, are Lauren and Camila both searching for their match. But what happens when you don't love the...
467K 16.1K 30
Her eyes were like a swirl of warm and sweet chocolate but her past wasn't as sweet as it is. Some chapters could be triggering, so please read with...