My Dark Knight

Από _imperfect

In the era where swords rule, where women consider their modesty their greatest virtue. Where a man would kil... Περισσότερα

Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
NOT A CHAPTER

Chapter 49

138K 4.8K 933
Από _imperfect

Tristan raised his sword, plunging it in the stomach of his attacker. The weasel had decided to attack him from behind. Fool, even if Asher had not been behind him, the bastard would not have been able to attack him.

With the elegance of a serpent, Tristan struck his opponent. At the moment he fought with one sword, preferring to attack his enemies with an agility they could not match. Blood coated his torso, his tunic hung in tatters upon his person, a shallow cut above his cheek. Sweat coated his brow, he was an excellent fighter, but not an immortal.

The battle had raged for an hour or two, fatigue and weariness were making themselves known, but his men would persist. It mattered little that they had been been training since dawn, what mattered was protecting their people.

"Bastard!" Tristan growled as one of the men attacked Asher, causing him to whine. Lord Rivers sword sought retribution by removing the man's sword arm.

"I told you to rest!" Tristan snapped as he landed a kick to a burly man's side.

Asher stood closer in response.

Tristan ignored him as he concentrated on the battle. Lord Rivers fought three while Gerald held off two. His men seemed to be fairing well, nevertheless, the battle needed to end. He would not have any casualties.

"Who sent you?" Tristan demanded as his sword clashed against that of his opponent.

"Why should I tell ye?"

The man had a thick Scottish brogue, a fact which did not go amiss by Tristan.

"Scottish, are we?" Tristan asked, using his own brogue.

The man paled as he realized who he fought. Fear, itself, was one of the greatest weapons a man could yield. Destroying it's enemy without so much of a lift from his smallest finger.

"Laird Knight."

"Aye." Tristan grunted. "Now tell me who has sent ye. I shall consider sparing ye."

The man licked his lips nervously but continued to fight.

"I sell me sword arm." The man answered as if that should be explanation enough. Tristan was not to be vexed.

"Wrong answer." Tristan snarled as his sword ran along the man's throat, his head rolling to the ground as his body slowly followed in its wake. He needed someone forthcoming! That was the only way he would gain information!

A noise sounded throughout the field, the men began to retreat. Tristan's men stared in confusion. They could not attack from behind as cowards did, nor could they attack those who did not wish to battle. It was not the way if warriors.

"Capture them!" Tristan roared as he mounted Asher and went after the man who had seemed to be calling the rest back.

***

"Hurry yer arses!" Jack called. If these men did not hurry he would leave them, he had no desire to stay behind and have his neck sacrificed in the process. Nobility be damned.

He had gone to the forest just as Keith had directed him, an hour into the battle. There, he had found directions that would lead him to his mistress much quicker than he had anticipated. He was also left instructions to erase their path, a task he had preformed fairly well. Now, if only he could get away.

He was told to make sure none of the men stayed behind, he was to give them a tonic, making certain they wouldn't ever betray his mistress.

Jack watched the last of the men retreat into the forest, unaware of Tristan stalking him. He had a task to do, once that was completed, he would go to his mistress and she would reward him.

**

Tristan watched the man with eyes that of a crow. This man seemed to be the leader. Once he had him, it mattered little whether he had anyone else or not. Now, the question was, he didn't seem the type to love or be loyal to his men, why was he not only calling them back, but also waiting on them himself. Something did not bode well.

Tristan watched him from atop the tree, patiently waiting as a cat would for its prey. He would strike when the odds would be in his favor, not a moment before.

When the moment arose, Tristan took out his arrow and aimed.

Jack hadn't seen the arrow coming. It pierced his collarbone, lodging itself firmly in place. Jack screamed in pain, too cowardly to remove the arrow himself.

"Where are you going? You must help me!" Jack bellowed at the last of the men who left him.

He would make sure they all died! Leaving him at the hands of their enemies.

"I doubt your men would be much help to you now. They have all left. You are at my mercy." Tristan's voice rang loud and clear throughout the forest.

"Show yerself, ye coward." Jack called, looking around him. He couldn't see laird Knight. And perhaps that was better. He was already paralyzed with fear, if laird Knight were to show himself...

"A coward is one who hides behind his people. I am merely taunting you." Tristan's voice echoed around the empty forest. The men had left, leaving destruction in their wake, the animals hidden away from the danger. No one would be able to save him now. Tristan wiped the sweat and blood from his brow before jumping down. As he did so, his men surrounded Jack.

"Be cooperative, and I shall think of sparing you, if not..." Tristan shrugged his shoulders leaving the choice up to him.

"Ye think ye have me, have ye?" Jack questioned, fear clouding his judgement. He would not die at the hands of Knight. He wouldn't.

"I will be asking the questions." Tristan said coldly.

He walked towards Jack at his leisure. One of the greatest weapons of all time was fear. And Tristan yielded that weapon all too well.

"Your name."

Jack stared at Tristan with hatred. Refusing to answer, refusing to be bested. He had something they required, knowledge. He would not give it up easily.

Tristan smiled. A smile which should have sent shivers of warning down Jack's spine. For that smile held not an announce of warmth, but rather, a man so cold, he was incapable of conscious thought. Removing anything and everything which dared to cross it's path, uncaring of the consequences.

Tristan stared at the arrow which had placed itself in Jack's collarbone. Before anyone could blink, the arrow was out and back in again. Jack howled in pain, falling to his knees. Tristan watched him without emotion.

After letting his suffer for a moment longer, Tristan bend down until he was eye level with Jack's gasping, crippled form, Tristan whispered without remorse.

"Next time I will not be so kind. Your name."

Jack gasped in pain, tears and sweat coated his cheeks. He had learned his lesson.

"Jack."

"Very good. Who sent you?"

"Fredrick and his mistress."

"Fredrick as in the Scottish thief?" Lord Rivers questioned coming up behind Tristan. Hatred and loathing covered his features. It couldn't be possible. If it was.....

"Get up." Tristan's voice was coated with such venom, even his men took a step back. Gone was the warmth which had covered his silver gaze that very morning, in their place were cold, lifeless eyes. Jack stood up, cowering under Tristan's gaze.

"Ay....aye." Jack stammered.

If it was possible, Tristan's gaze grew colder, his stance more dangerous.

"Gerald, go see where Alexander is. See if Sapphire is with him." Tristan ordered. Although his voice was flat, an under current of urgency laced it. There was no point of him assuming things which may not be. Sapphire would be fine. She had to be.

Lord Rivers and Tristan shared a look while Jack nervously licked his lips. They couldn't believe in the worst, not yet.

"How did you manage to enter my land?" Tristan questioned, he needed a distraction.

"We...we would enter one at a time. We have been planning for some months. Yer men would think them a lone traveler buying supplies."

Tristan nodded his head, his jaw clenched. They would all pay, slowly, painfully.

"Why did you have the men retreat? The battle was far from over."

Jack was growing pale. He should have fled when he had the chance.

"Keith had left a message for me. He said to go to the forest and there he would let me know when the men had to retreat."

"If the men had to retreat, why did you attack!" Lord Rivers growled, dread clawing at his heart. He knew the answer before Jack spoke. Terror and fear covered his features. Tristan had seen hatred, loathing, triumph, compassion, and love. But never terror. Fredrick would pay for bringing that emotion anywhere near lord Rivers, of that Tristan was certain.

"I know not. Keith said he had a task to tend to, the men, the battle was a distraction." Jack answered hastily.

Terror ran through Tristan's veins, working it's way towards his heart. No! No, it simply was not what he was thinking.

"What was the task." Tristan questioned, his voice eerily quiet, not betraying the turmoil which raged within.

"Keith wouldna tell me." Jack said as he clutched at the arrow still in his body.

"Who is Keith?"

"Fredrick's man."

Tristan waited with baited breath for Gerald's return. What was taking him so damn long!

Just when Tristan could not take it any longer, heavy footsteps alerted Tristan of his arrival. Before Gerald could speak , Tristan had his answer. His face said it all. Tristan roared his fury, punching Jack unconscious.

"Alexander's unconscious."

"No!" Tristan bellowed as he made a move to attack Gerald.

"Her ladyship is nowhere to be found."

"Tristan! Stop!" Lord Rivers shouted.

"Stop?He took me wife! He took Sapphire! You want me to stop!" Tristan exploded, advancing on lord Rivers instead, not noticing his change of tongue.

"Tristan, you must think with a clear mind." Lord Rivers said. They needed Tristan's mind, his cunning.

Tristan punched Lord Rivers jaw, drawing blood.

"Sarding bastard. You want a fight? I'll give you a fight." Lord Rivers snarled. Tristan was filled with anger, he needed it let out, and lord Rivers would make certain he got what he needed.

The men stepped ahead to stop the two lords, but lord Rivers would not have it.

"Nay, he needs to get rid of his anger." Lord Rivers said grimly as he blocked a blow to his right arm.

Tristan kicked out, causing lord Rivers to fall to the ground before punching his stomach. He could see nothing but his bloodlust. They took Sapphire. How could he have been so stupid! He prided himself in his expertise in war, in understanding people. But now he had lost the one thing that meant the most to him. How was he supposed to wake up in the morning and not see her sleeping form next to him? Or how her face would be alight with passion? Or the way she would look at him, smile at him, with love. As if there could be no other for her besides him.

"Or the times he would laugh she would look like a child who was given their hearts desire, that is how pure her happiness would be. Why? Simply because he was laughing. Even if she were not the one to make him laugh. Or how she would eat to her hearts content. Not fazed by what others would say.

"How could he forget her smart mouth, her witty responses, the slight sadness which would enter her eyes when she thought of her parents or the fact that he did not love her. Love. Goddammit he could not bear to live without her.

"Stop him! He's going to kill him!" Gerald shouted as he ran to take Tristan off of lord Rivers.

"I said let him GO!" Lord Rivers snarled as they took Tristan away from him.

"Fight back!" Gerald screamed at lord Rivers. Blood ran down his chest. Gerald knew he had attained nothing more than a scratch during the battle. This was Tristan's doing and he would regret it when his senses returned. He could not have Tristan living with more demons.

Tristan bellowed his rage, pushing Gerald away from him as if he was no more than a pesky insect.

"THEY TOOK HER! HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO DAFT!"

Lord Rivers went towards Tristan, delivering a punch to his jaw. He was acting as a fool. Rather, a man who was in love.

"We will get her back." Lord Rivers promised, his eyes tightened with pain at seeing Tristan's anguish.

"I LOVE HER, GODDAMMIT!" Tristan roared as the fight left him, leaving him on his knees. He was a God damn fool! She had to be taken away from him in order for him to realize his own goddamn feelings!

"I love her. The only good thing that has ever happened to me. The only person who has ever loved me for being me. The only person to want me for me, they took her." His voice was a horse whisper, that of a man who had lost everything with no hope of getting it back, his expression bleak, hopeless, lost, his eyes broken, his soul shattered.

"Stop acting as a lass, we will get her back! As soon as that sarding bastard gains consciousness. I promise you, Tristan, we will have her back." Lord Rivers promised with conviction. They would get Sapphire back. He would not see Tristan so broken ever again.

"Right now we must plan. Get him to wake up, give the men an hour to rest and then we must set out."

Tristan stood up, giving a stiff nod. Lord Rivers was right, he couldn't sit and act as a lass. He had his woman to get back.

His men said nothing of their lords behavior, not thinking him cowardly for showing his emotions. For he was stronger than them, allowing others to see what he kept hidden.

"I need a bucket of ice cold water."

***

Andrew dug his heels into the horse's side, urging him to go faster. The men alongside him clearing his trail. Lady Knight sat before him, unconscious. The caves were a days journey, but because of the snow it would take them longer. Andrew looked towards the sky, the sun was beginning to set. He needed to travel a great distance before sun down. If laird Knight discovered him before he reached his destination.....

Andrew shook his head, he would not think of that. He needed to reach the caves. He looked at the wound on her ladyships head. The blood had ceased to flow but the gash was a wicked one. If she stayed unconscious for the remainder of the journey it would do him good. He wouldn't have to worry about her constantly trying to escape, or worst, unman him. He had seen her practice. The lady was deadly.

When not a single soul was about, he would watch her spar with her uncle, trying to memorize her techniques in vain. It seemed with the rising sun, her techniques would change. It was a most frustrating matter. And the times she would duel with her husband, a part of him which was still human, would be embarrassed to watch them. Their battle of swords seemed too intimate for his taste, as if he was intruding upon them. He did not like to have a conscious. It was best if it were to be left for the dead.

Andrew watched the snow falling around him grimly. The horses were beginning to slow down, they were in need of rest. Andrew tried looking for a secluded area, but he already knew there was none. They would need to sleep in the open.

"Stop ye horses. We shall stop for the night, but we must travel before sunrise. I will have first guard. Doona start a fire." Andrew warned as he dismounted his horses, pulling Sapphire along with him.

"Tis a bonny lassie." One of the men leered, staring at Sapphire's unconscious form with perversion.

"Aye, and she is nay to be touched. I'll have ye head if I find out." Andrew barked. He needed to lady to be whole. Fredrick wanted her unharmed, untouched. And that was the way Andrew intended on delivering her. He could not jeopardize anything right now, he was far too close, far too close.

Cold, that's what she felt. She needed her blankets. The second thing to be registered in her minds eye was the hard ground beneath her, her bed was not this hard. And thirdly, her head was pounding. Sapphire opened her eyes only to squeeze them shut. Her head felt as if it would explode. She wanted to rip her hair out, the pain was excruciating. What had happened?

Sapphire slowly opened her eyes, biting her tongue in pain, her head would be the death of her. Slowly, she sat up, taking in her surroundings. She was in a forest, a forest covered in snow. That would explain the cold. But why was she here? And where was Tristan? Instinctively, Sapphire's hand went in search of her blade, only to come empty. Where were her weapons? This did not bode well.

Sapphire stood up, a wave of nausea and dizziness assaulting her. Two men lay fast asleep some distance from her. In the darkness she could not make out their features.

As another wave of dizziness washed over her, Sapphire reached out to grab a hold of a branch, her other hand going to her head, only to come back sticky.

Blood.

There was dried blood on the side of her face, leading upwards to her head. That would explain the pain, Sapphire thought with dry humor. Not only was she stupid enough to get herself kidnapped, but she had also gotten herself injured. Wonderful.

Anger, hot with vengeance, ran through her veins as she recalled precisely how she managed to hurt herself. Andrew. Once she saw the bastard she would make certain he paid dearly.

Lord! She was a fool to have followed him so easily. Sapphire cussed at herself enough to have put a sailor to shame. Nevertheless, she could berate herself later, she needed to flee. But first, she needed weapons.

Slowly, and quietly, Sapphire walked towards the sleeping men. Their swords lay beside them as they snored in their sleep, dead to the world. Sapphire shook her head in disgust, wincing when it caused her pain. She would need to be careful. A child's mistake these men had made. They should have been able to hear her approach, despite being in the state of sleep. Or at the very least, they should have awoken when she took their weapons. No matter, it was good on her part. She wouldn't need to kill any of them. Now, where was that bastard, Andrew.

Sapphire peered at the men's faces closely. All though they were very dirty, they were not Andrew. Sapphire wrinkled her nose, they smelled foul.

Sapphire walked towards the shelter of the trees. These asinine fools did not have the sense to set camp in a hidden area. Either they were ten times a fool, or extremely arrogant. Tristan would tear them to pieces.

Tears stung her eyes at the though of her husband. He would surely have noticed her disappearance by now. She was so very unkind to him this morn, calling him a brute and lord knew what else. Tears cascaded down her cheeks at the thought of not seeing him again.

No! She would escape. Sapphire hurriedly wiped away her tears. Now was not the time to sit and cry like a helpless maiden. Yes she had made a mistake, but she was not helpless, it could still be rectified.

Taking her hair, she tied it atop her head, she would need to hurry. She had wasted too much time. Andrew would be returning soon. No doubt he thought these gormless outlaws would be able to take care of her. He had another thing coming if he thought her a damsel in distress. Sapphire thought grimly. Sarding bastard. She would make sure he paid.

Sapphire strapped the dagger to her hip while she clutched the sword in her hand. She needed to know where she was. Sapphire looked towards the tree. She could climb it and see where she had to go, giving herself a sense of direction. Simply looking at the tree made her dizzy. She couldn't climb the tree, she would cause herself more damage than good. She had to walk.

Once her mind was made up, Sapphire decided to go north. The bloody bastards had covered their trail. Maybe they were smarter than she had thought. No matter, she had to be smarter.

Sapphire walked deeper into the forest. She could not even hear an animal, much less see one. How much time had passed?

If it were the same day, judging by her blood it would be, then they could not have traveled very far. Add to that factor the snow, surely they did not make much progress. She could return home quickly. But then why hadn't Tristan come for her? He must have realized she was missing, unless they had traveled farther than she had expected. Never underestimate the enemy. These woods looked unfamiliar to her.

Sapphire continued to walk, what had been ten minutes seemed like days to her. Her vision was becoming fuzzy. Sapphire rubbed her temples. The mongrel certainly had a good aim. Sapphire kept on walking, unaware of the slight rustle of bushes behind her, or the figure who emerged, dagger in hand.

The man threw the dagger, patiently waiting for it to hit it's target in vain. Sapphire ducked in time, turning to face her attacker. She may be injured, but not immobile. Her quick reflexes had saved her life, but left her feeling dizzy. She had lost more blood than she realized. The injury to her head was not minor.

"A lassie has no business with a sword. Hand it over." The sleazy man from earlier said, indicating towards Sapphire's raised sword.

Sapphire's lips curled in disgust.

"Aye, this lassie can wield a sword much better than you can." Sapphire spat, her stance that of a warrior.

"It is not becoming for a lass to act as a man." The man sneered, staring at the rip in Sapphire's gown. Despite his words, he considered her anything but a man.

Sapphire stared at the curl of his lips, at the lust in his eyes. Fear froze her body in place, reminding her of a time not so long ago. Her hands shook, bile rising in her throat. His next words ,however, shook her from her despair.

"Give me yer sword and I will reward ye." His words laced with perversion.

"Like hell!" Sapphire snarled, surreptitiously removing the dagger from her hip.

"Ye have a foul mouth, wench."

"I would rather have a foul mouth than a foul heart. Kidnapping a woman." Sapphire hissed, the dagger behind her back.

"A wee woman is easy to take, not much to do. One blow will be good enough for them to be unconscious for days." The man said with a superior smirk.

Sapphire's blood boiled at his arrogance. She would teach him a lesson or two.

"Would you like to put your sword where your mouth is?" Sapphire taunted with a smirk of her own.

The man smirked.

"I like a woman who likes it rough."

"You sarding bastard." Sapphire snarled as she aimed the dagger at his heart.

"Women do not use such-" his words were taken from him as the dagger reached it's mark.

Sapphire stared at him with satisfaction. That would teach him to never underestimate a woman again, or any opponent for that matter. Unfortunately for him, that lesson had cost him his life. A pity.

Sapphire walked to his lifeless form, retrieving her dagger and wiping the dagger clean with his tunic.

Sapphire heard the sound pierce the night, but the mongrel who lay dead had taken most of her energy, she wasn't quick enough. As the arrow pierced her shoulder blade, Sapphire let out a small gasp of pain, falling to her knees. If the arrow were to be removed, she would loose too much blood. And if it remained, it would cause her more harm.

"I found her."

Sapphire shakily stood up, turning to face her attacker.

"Ye have a colorful mouth, yer ladyship." The man said in greeting.

"And an even better sword arm." Andrew said, stepping out besides him.

Sapphire sneered at him.

"Sir Andrew, what a pleasant surprise." Sarcasm laced her words as she smiled at him sweetly.

"Tis a pleasure." Andrew answered with a mocking smile of his own.

"Tis will be a great pleasure indeed when my husband's sword shall pierce your black heart." Sapphire said just as sweetly.

Andrew paled while the man next to him snickered.

"The lady is cheeky."

"What makes you think your husband will come after you?" Andrew taunted.

Sapphire's lips curled in disgust, a loose raven lock rested against her face.

"You must be very delusional, or arrogant, to think my husband will not come. But that is the point, is it not? You have no need of me except purely to my husband towards you. Bear in mind, you have greatly underestimated him." Sapphire said quietly. Her voice carried out strongly in the darkness, almost piercing it's stillness with the conviction of her words. She knew her husband would come, but he would not be bested. He was not immortal or unstoppable, but rather he was an honorable man. One who fought for and with what was right. He would not be murdered in vain, of that she was certain.

"Enough of this nonsense. Allen, bring her ladyship here." Andrew snarled.

Allen raised his arrow, only to be stopped.

"I will not have her injured."

"Because a stone to the head and an arrow to ones back is not considered an injury." Sapphire said sarcastically. She could barely stand, her head felt heavy, her eyes could barely make out the men standing in front of her. But she would not let them know of her weakness.

Andrews features twisted with anger as he turned on Allen.

"You attacked her with an arrow?"

"Why else do ye think she is still standing here? Ye honestly think she would make conversation with us if she has a dagger and a sword?" Allen asked incredulously. He had only known the lady for a little over half an hour, and even he knew she would have escaped by now if it were not for her injuries.

Andrew growled in frustration, stalking towards Sapphire.

Sapphire took a step back, sword raised.

"You are injured, my lady."

"You care if I am injured? How sarding kind of you. Poxy bastard." Sapphire snarled. If her uncle could hear her now, he would be quite proud of her. Aunt Kat would have swooned.

"Now, now. A lady does not use such foul language." Andrew said as he made a grab for her arm. Sapphire dodged, her dagger nipping Andrew's skin in warning. Sapphire kept an eye on the other blighter as well. The sudden action had the arrow going deeper into her flesh.

"Shite! Bloody wench!" Andrew cussed as he saw the thin trail of blood.

Sapphire stayed quiet. If she could harm Andrew she would be able to escape or at the very least wait until Tristan found her.

"Nothing to say, yer ladyship." Allen asked with a quirk of his brows. He found her highly amusing.

"Trade sides and I shall make certain you are rewarded handsomely."

The man chortled with laughter. The lady had wit.

"I can see now why ye are recherché lady. I am afraid I must decline the offer."

Sapphire shrugged her shoulders, wincing at the pain it caused her.

"Your head is on the line, sir."

"She is a polite one." Allen said, moving closer towards Sapphire.

"Conversation shall do you little good." Sapphire said as she aimed her dagger at Allen's leg. Suppressing her urge to sign in relief as the dagger caught in his upper arm. She had aimed without strength. He limbs felt heavy.

"Ye bitch."

"Hurts, does it not." Sapphire said as she raised her sword at Andrew. One down, one to go.

"My ladyship, this is a waste of time."

"Indeed it is." Sapphire said as she fought her eyes to stay open. It seemed fate was against her. No manner how much she fought, she wasn't able to control the fatigue which washed over her. Or the numbness which was beginning to pull her back to the darkness. Her last thoughts before the darkness claimed her were of Tristan's safety.

Andrew watched as her ladyship swayed before going limp. He knew it was a matter of time. He hurried towards her, catching her person before it hit the ground.

"Shite!" Andrew cussed as he stared at the blood which coated her back. The arrow was firmly lodged into her back. He didn't know how she had survived as long as she had, she had lost a great deal of blood.

"Thank God! The chit was being difficult."

"Difficult?! She is supposed to reach Fredrick unharmed." Andrew said as he pulled the arrow out of her back. Sapphire moaned in pain.

"Quickly bring me a needle and some ale. We are leaving posthaste."

"It is yet to be dawn." Allen complained.

"Aye. And two grown men were unable to watch a wee lass." Andrew barked. Fredrick and Corraine would have his hide if she were to be harmed. The wench was intelligent. She had known right away they were after Tristan. No matter, he would keep her besides him. She wouldn't be able to escape.

"A wee lass! A wee lass!" Allen said incredulously.

"She is nay a wee lass. If I had gotten too close she would have me balls."

Andrew grunted in agreement as he took the needle from Allen. He poured the ale over the wound. Sapphire moaned in pain. Andrew quickly stitched her up, not caring of the stitches were done neatly nor if it would leave a scar. He needed leave, now.

"Saddle the horses." Andrew commanded.

"What am I to do with him, Keith?"

"Leave him be. We must leave immediately."

***

"Ye are verra happy today." Fredrick said lazily as he ran a hand over Corraines nude form.

Corraine smiled in triumph. Too ecstatic to be upset about Fredrick whoring around with her.

"I am very pleased. Today is the day I shall get what my heart has desired for many years now."

"Yer heart has desired lady Knight for many years?" Fredrick asked with amusement.

Corriane's eyes flashed with anger at the tittle, an unrightfully gained tittle. One which did not belong to Tristan much less his whore of a wife.

"I want Tristan's destruction. In order to gain that, I must have his wife."

"That is if he loves his wife." Fredrick reminded her. Not at all pleased with her plan. It had too many flaws.

"Keith was very forthcoming with his information. And I know Tristan. He loves the wench."

"Ye never mentioned how ye came to know laird Knight, or why ye harbor such hatred for him."

Corraine stared at Fredrick, refusing to answer. Mayhap another round of whoring would satisfy his need to seek answers which should not be sought.

***

"But mother-"

"I am not your mother!" The woman snarled. Tired of the young boy who sat across from her.

"I hate you. I hate the moment you were born. You ruined everything for me! Do you understand? Everything. You're vile, your ugly. Just get out of my sight! Leave!" Anger and loathing clouded her once beautiful features. But a mother who treated her own flesh and blood as such could never be considered beautiful. She was the most horrible, the most ugliest person, anyone had the misfortune of meeting.

Tears stung his eyes, cascading down to his cheeks. His mother hated him. The women in the village loved their children. Why didn't she love him? What did he do to her? How could he make it better? He wanted her to like him. To play with him, to hug him.

"But mother, I-"

"Damn you to the pits of hell! Can you not go and die somewhere? People die every day, do mother a favor and die." The woman sneered. Oh how she hated this boy with a passion she did not know could exist. He was a rotten child. Just looking at him made her want to kill him.

"I said leave!"

He wiped the tears from his cheek, but more came from his innocent silver gaze. He simply did not know why she hated him so.

"Mother, what am I doing wrong?"

"Let us see, shall we? You're ugly, you do not listen. You play with animals. You associate with the likes of those villagers. What is worst is that you feel as if there is nothing wrong in the deed. You do not let your brother carry out his duties. Shall I go on?" The woman spat as she stood to leave. The boy would never listen.

"Do not follow me. Seeing your face today is enough for a life time."

***

Vote

Comment

Love you guys

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

2K 382 32
No one would expect those of the wealthy high society to mingle with the lowly and poor; not when it's for something as sacred as a marital bond. Lad...
1.5K 8 58
Once upon a time, there was a vampire. A mystical water brings fictional books to life on a faraway land called planet Verdamnt. Vampires emerge fro...
76.4K 6.9K 41
A thousand years ago humans landed on the shores of Clairval, seeking refuge from wars, famines and disaster and forged an uneasy truce with the wild...
775K 23.7K 10
Tristan couldn't help but chuckle. "Is that what it is? You want a fairy tale love?" "And some great sex." "I thought I was giving you that." There w...