The Blood of Olympus (Fan-Fic...

By wanderIess

{completed} ✓ The Doors of Death have been closed, Percy and Annabeth have been saved from Tartarus, but the... More

Chapter 1: Percy
Chapter 2: Annabeth
Chapter 3: Nico
Chapter 4: Jason
Chapter 5: Piper
Chapter 6: Leo
Chapter 7: Hazel
Chapter 8: Frank
Chapter 9: Reyna
Chapter 10: Percy
Chapter 11: Annabeth
Chapter 12: Nico
Chapter 13: Jason
Chapter 14: Piper
Chapter 15: Leo
Chapter 16: Hazel
Chapter 17: Frank
Chapter 18: Reyna
Chapter 19: Percy
Chapter 20: Annabeth
Chapter 21: Nico
Chapter 22: Jason
Chapter 23: Piper
Chapter 24: Leo
Chapter 25: Hazel
Chapter 26: Frank
Chapter 27: Reyna
Chapter 28: Percy
Chapter 29: Annabeth
Chapter 30: Nico
Chapter 31: Jason
Chapter 32: Piper
Chapter 33: Leo
Chapter 34: Hazel
Chapter 35: Frank
Chapter 36: Reyna
Chapter 37: Percy
Chapter 38: Annabeth
Chapter 39: Nico
Chapter 40: Jason
Chapter 41: Piper
Chapter 42: Leo
Chapter 43: Hazel
Chapter 44: Frank
Chapter 45: Reyna
Chapter 46: Percy
A Giant Thank You

Epilogue

5.5K 110 129
By wanderIess

Epilogue

            PERCY JACKSON proposed to his girlfriend on his birthday and their six year anniversary. It was at Camp Jupiter- she was fresh out of college, graduating from Columbia University with a major in architecture. They were having a party by the Little Tiber when he skillfully summoned the water, where the ring box had been. Lightning fast, he got down on one knee and popped the question in one breath, too nervous to be slow and confess his undying love for her, since she must have known for ages now.

            ANNABETH CHASE said yes without a second’s hesitation. She gasped, put her hands over her mouth and said, “Of course I’ll marry you, Seaweed Brain!” She then burst into tears, not caring about her friends standing just feet away as she threw her arms around Percy.

            They were married the following April at Camp Half-Blood. With the canoe lake shimmering in the sunlight behind them, they reminisced being tossed into that lake after their first kiss. Thalia stood as the maid of honor while Grover tearfully stood at Percy’s side, acting as the best man. The bridesmaids consisted of Piper, Hazel, and Clarisse and the groomsmen were Jason, Frank, and Leo. Everyone was dressed in a sea green, Annabeth’s request. (Though she would never admit it, she picked the color because it matched Percy’s eyes.)

            The amount of people who attended the wedding was astonishing. There were plenty of gods, which surprised Percy- Poseidon, Aphrodite, Hestia, Apollo, and even Athena came despite her disliking for Percy.

            When Percy and Annabeth finally kissed, Clarisse stood up in her chair and hooted. Sally Jackson and Fredrick Chase were crying in the front pew while the Stoll brothers promptly opened bottles of champagne, which they had skillfully stolen from the local convenience store. Although it was a bit unromantic to kiss while two adults were crying and Katie Gardner yelled, “Travis!” to her boyfriend of four years, it was still a nice wedding.

            Shortly after their wedding, Annabeth got a job in Manhattan. They were currently living in New Rome, which wasn’t a problem since the magical portals made going from across the country a breeze. It was irritating to Percy since she had to leave at three in the morning to make it to the city by seven in New York time, he was proud that she was designing the most beautiful buildings and statues.

            While the two had adjusted to married life quite well, big things were still coming.

            BIANCA SALLY JACKSON was born on July fifteenth; nearly a year after Percy and Annabeth had been married. Although Annabeth had kept her maiden name of Chase, she wanted her children to take on the last name Jackson. She was born with brown hair and foggy green eyes. They had decided to name her after Bianca di Angelo and Percy’s mother.

            LUKE CHARLES JACKSON was born on October seventh, a year and three months after Bianca’s birth. He was born with black hair and green eyes, a spitting image of Percy. Right when he was born, his gender had been kept a surprise, Annabeth insisted that they would name their first son after Luke Castellan. Percy agreed wholeheartedly, picking his son’s middle name after Charles Beckendorf.

            ETHAN MICHAEL JACKSON was born on September twelfth; just ten months after Luke had been born. He had jet black hair and blue eyes, the same color as Sally. His name was a bit more difficult, but they finally named him after two fallen heroes- Ethan Nakamura and Michael Yew.

            After their third child, Annabeth and Percy both decided to not have any more children. Three kids who were all three and younger was a hassle, even more so since they were growing up at Camp Jupiter.

            That’s why their fourth and final child was a total surprise

            SILENA ZOE JACKSON was born on December twenty-seventh, two years after Ethan’s birth. She was born with blond hair and green eyes. Percy gave his last daughter her name by himself, naming her after Silena Beauregard and Zoë Nightshade.

            The first joke Percy cracked after bringing Silena home was, “Darn, I guess we’re not the Jackson Five anymore.”

            Still cranky with mood swings, Annabeth smacked her husband and said, “I’m not a Jackson, remember, Seaweed Brain? Technically you just became the Jackson Five.”

            Each child was extremely bright and showed sensitivity to the water at a young age. Bianca and Ethan were the two who mastered the water the best while Luke and Silena were extremely wise, just like their mother. Unfortunately for Annabeth, all four of her children picked up Percy’s sense of humor.

            And the couple still made Aphrodite squeal.

JASON GRACE proposed to his girlfriend at Disneyland. It was two days before Christmas and his first time at the ‘happiest place on earth’. With the fake snow sprinkling in his hair and the palace lit up, he finally just did it. He had been planning it for ages, with Leo’s help, and just couldn’t wait any longer. So he got down on one knee and asked her to marry her, simple as that.

            PIPER MCLEAN cried when she saw Jason go down on one knee. When she said yes and he slipped the ring on her finger, they kissed. His lips tasted like a Disneyland churro and Leo yelled, “Finally!”

            Their wedding was in May. It was on the beach in LA, right by where Tristan McLean lived. Since it was on the beach, Piper kicked away her heels, which had been donated by Annabeth and walked down the aisle barefoot. Her father got that crinkly-eyed smile and said, “Knew it, Pipes,” when he saw her bare feet, which were now coated in a thin layer of sand.

            Piper’s maid of honor had been rewarded to Annabeth while Leo was Jason’s best man. (Leo would never admit it, but he had shamelessly cried both when being told he was best man and during the wedding.) The bridesmaids were Hazel and Calypso (Leo’s idea) while the groomsmen were Percy and Frank. Since Silena was too young to walk down the aisle and be flower girl, Thalia carried her goddaughter down the aisle and threw the flower petals herself.

            Much to Jason’s amusement and Piper’s dismay, Aphrodite had planned the wedding. The dresses ended up being pink and there was an overkill of flowers. Although it looked like a Kim Kardashian wedding, it was still a lovely time. (It was a bit difficult because Aphrodite had to wear a disguise to mask herself from Tristan. Other than that, everything was perfect.)

            After the wedding, the two of them decided to live in Manhattan for half the year and New Rome for the other half. Jason helped at both camps, as did Piper. Jason took on a leadership role while Piper welcomed new campers into both camps and taught a fighting class for young girls.

            A year after the wedding, their lives changed drastically.

            REYNA THALIA GRACE and TRISTAN LEO GRACE were born on June thirtieth. Reyna was born at eleven thirty at night while Tristan was born at eleven forty-five, the two of them being born just minutes before July first, which was Jason’s birthday. They were both born with their mother’s dark hair and their father’s electric blue eyes. Jason named their daughter after his deceased former praetor, Reyna, and his sister. Piper named their son after her father and (to Leo’s joy) their best friend.

            That night, when midnight struck and Jason was holding Tristan for the first time, he kissed his wife and said, “This is the best birthday present ever.”

            When the fraternal twins grew older, they both were presented with the powers of their parents. Piper discovered they picked up a few of Jason’s powers when they were zapping each other with small electric shocks. They could both levitate in the air for short periods of time, which resulted in Tristan flying two feet and head butting his sister.

            Not only that, but Reyna picked up a trace of Piper’s charmspeak. When it was past her bedtime and Jason finished her bedtime story (it was a child appropriate story of how the seven put Gaea to sleep), she convinced him to stay and read the story again. Halfway through the story, Jason realized that his daughter’s voice had been honey sweet, just like Piper’s voice got when she was charmspeaking.

            After the discovery of the twin’s powers, it started a playful argument.

            “Babe, I think Reyna’s charmspeaking like you.”

            “That’s perfect, now she can show her future boyfriend whose boss.”

            “Gods, Pipes, why did we get married?”

            “Well, maybe it was just the Disneyland churros compelling you to propose.”

            “I hate you.”

            “I hate you more.”

            Even though Piper could still be sarcastic, Jason couldn’t stop loving her.

LEO VALDEZ found Ogygia five days after setting out from New York City. When Calypso saw him coming towards shore, she dropped a pile of silverware and gaped at the warship. Like a cheesy romantic movie, he jumped overboard, soaked himself in the warm ocean water, and ran towards her. She was running back at full speed. When they reached each other, the force of Calypso’s hug caused them both to tumble back into the water, engulfing them back into the water. It was then they had their first proper kiss without the fear of Leo leaving once more.

            Their departure was just minutes later. Calypso collected a few woven materials, a few crystals, and a small bag filled with personal items. As they went on deck on the Argo II, she actually started to cry. Leo put his arm around her, knowing how big of a moment this was for her. She had been stranded on this island for centuries and she was finally leaving.

            When they arrived back to Camp Half-Blood, Calypso was a bit timid around Percy and Annabeth. It was quite tense at first, but eventually their awkward gazes turned into conversations. Leo was thrilled that she was finally forgiving Percy for leaving and Annabeth for dating him.

            At this point, Leo wasn’t sure what Calypso was to him. They kissed and held hands but they didn’t hold a certain title. When he sat her down and discussed their relationship, she seemed confused. She was an immortal who had been shut out from the outside world for so long. The term ‘dating’ was a foreign concept to her. When Leo explained to her what it meant to date someone, she smiled and kissed him. “I guess we’re dating, Leo Valdez.”

            At Jason and Piper’s pleading, he went to the same boarding school as they did. They all graduated high school together, Calypso kissing him excitedly.

            One way or another, Chiron asked Leo to help him direct Camp Half-Blood. He accepted and Calypso was able to help out as well. Leo helped plan the activities, watch over the campers, help out demigods with quests, and talk about his own adventures in Greece.

            Eventually Leo bought an apartment in Manhattan for him and Calypso to live together. She designed the whole thing, the two of them spending a few weeks painting it. She would laugh and Leo would notice how beautiful she looked with the paint smudged on her cheek. He chased her around the apartment, finally trapping her and kissing her.

            Often times they would go exploring in the city. Calypso marveled at how beautiful it was. Sometimes she struggled with the new society she was living in, but Leo was always there to help her with confusing things.

            Leo made weapons for the camp, showing demigods how to skillfully craft things. The younger kids especially loved Festus, who still worked and was permanently alive. While Leo showed off what Calypso called ‘his toys’, she would be making fireproof clothing and armor for demigods about to go off on quests. When there was a quest involving a giant, she would help as best as she could since she was the daughter of a Titan.

            Every day, Leo still fell in love with Calypso. He loved how she would run her hand through her caramel hair and how her almond eyes would twinkle when she looked at him.

            Even though his first trip on Ogygia had not been peaceful, he wouldn’t have changed anything.

FRANK ZHANG was later called one of the best praetors Camp Jupiter had ever seen. After surviving one of the most dangerous wars in demigod history, he was kind yet was not patient with rude soldiers. Of course, he couldn’t have done it without his partner in crime.

            HAZEL LEVESQUE had become praetor at Reyna’s request. Although she wasn’t sure she was even a good fit for a leader, the election was in her favor. With her boyfriend at her side, she was more confident.

            The two of them were praetor until Hazel was sixteen and Frank had just turned nineteen. They stepped down and were allowed to move into the city although they had not served for ten years. (Being a demigod apart of the Prophecy of Seven did have its perks.)

            When Hazel was twenty-one and Frank was twenty-four, he clumsily proposed to her. It wasn’t planned- he asked her one night when she had helped a younger demigod who had fallen during training. She stood up, smiled, and the words tumbled out: “Marry me, Hazel. I mean… W-will you marry me? I swear I had something more romantic planned…” Hazel’s eyes had widened and she looked close to tears as she nodded. She shushed him by pressing her lips to his, an obvious yes.

            It was a small wedding, nothing fancy. About twenty people attended, including Bianca, Percy and Annabeth’s daughter. Even Nico attended, who had been quite busy as his father’s lieutenant. He looked exactly as he always had, so basically he still looked fourteen.

            After Hazel and Frank kissed, she could have sworn that Pluto and Mars were sitting in the crowd. But when she blinked, they were gone.

            SAMMY NICO ZHANG was born two years after the wedding. Frank let Hazel name their son, mostly because he was too busy being in shock that he actually had a kid. She named their son after her first love back in the forties and her brother.

            At first, Hazel doubted that her son had inherited any powers from her or Frank, but she was wrong. At the age of two, she found a cobra in their house- more specifically, in Sammy’s bed. She screamed until the cobra turned into her son.

            Not only that, but Sammy had a sixth sense, almost like Hazel did. He could detect underground tunnels and was just an expert of the underground.

            While Sammy was growing up, Hazel and Frank continued to live their lives normally. Frank was the head of the protection at the borders of New Rome, shifting into different animals at will to protect his home. Hazel worked at a small daycare in the city as well as working in the stables. Arion still visited though never stayed in the stables.

            Hazel had gotten what she always wanted- her happy ending.

COACH HEDGE lived at Camp Half-Blood with Millie and their several children. Everything was peaceful between them until one of their sons grabbed a golf club and screamed, “DIE!” at a fly.   

NICO DI ANGELO quickly adjusted to being a god. Most of the time, he remained in the Underworld and talked to those who had died. He visited many deceased demigods who were still in Elysium.

            It was there that he found many heroes who had been lost over the years: Silena Beauregard, Charles Beckendorf, Ethan Nakamura (even he had achieved Elysium for trying to defeat Kronos when he died), Michael Yew, Lee Fletcher, and even Reyna.

            When Nico asked Reyna why she didn’t try for the Isles of the Blest, her answer was bittersweet: “I’m waiting for my sister, Nico. I also want to see my friends before I try for rebirth.”

            And even after everything, Nico never told Percy that he had been in love with him.

CAMP HALF-BLOOD exploded in size in the years that followed. Soon there were over one hundred and fifty campers attending the Greek camp in the summer.

            CAMP JUPITER also swelled in size, with nearly three hundred demigods living in the five cohorts. Thanks to Percy, Jason, Hazel, and Frank, the Fifth Cohort lost its bad reputation. More praetors were coming from the Fifth, which gave it a good name once more.

            After Reyna was killed, Octavian was put on trial in New Rome. The trial only lasted a few hours before he was sentenced to death for killing a praetor. There was not a sad soul after Octavian was killed. In fact, everyone was relieved that finally the tyrant was dead.

            The two camps held several festivals and activities every year to bring the Greeks and Romans together. The magical portals that Hecate designed ended up being quite popular, several demigods going through the portals each day. Many friendships sprung between the two camps. There was the occasional argument which didn’t last too long.

            Everyone had gotten exactly what they wanted. Everything was finally at peace.

The late summer breeze was warm as the demigods set down the hill. They passed the temples and campers, all donned in purple shirts. Many of the children waved to the older demigods, who smiled back. Of course everyone knew who these people were.

            The seven continued their walking. Behind them, their children scrambled to keep up. The four Jacksons were loud and easily amused, finding even a butterfly flying to be humorous. The two Graces were mostly quiet except for the occasional peal of laughter. The only Zhang was quiet and kept to himself. Leo walked alone, for Calypso had opted to stay at Camp Half-Blood today.

            At the edge of Camp Jupiter, nearly to the borders, was a statue. The statue was of a teenage girl. She was holding a spear and her braid looked to be flying out behind her. Although just a metal statue, her eyes seemed to be calculating and challenging. There was a praetor cape billowing behind her and several pins were pinned to her toga. There was a gold bracelet on her wrist. It had not been a part of the original statue, but had been added later since the bracelet had been previously hers. Behind the girl were two dogs- one made of the gold and the other made of silver. After their owner had died, Aurum and Argentum were as useless as statues, so they were added behind the girl.

            The seven sat down. Percy sighed and looked at the statue with a bittersweet smile. Annabeth closed her eyes as if sending a prayer to the gods above. Jason set flowers at the base of the statue, looking up at the statue, wishing for the girl to suddenly spring to life once more. Piper stroked the words which were engraved at the base of the statue. Leo nodded in respect to the statue. Hazel sat down, her lips moving as if she were speaking. Frank smiled fondly at the sight of the statue.

            The day was August first. The war had ended so many years ago, but the memories were still fresh in their minds.

            From behind them, their children were playing at the shore of the Little Tiber. Bianca and Ethan were summoning water at each other. Luke and Reyna were tumbling in the grass together. Silena, Tristan, and Sammy were all seated in a circle, talking excitedly to each other.

            The seven had survived and settled down with their families. Although they had survived, not everyone had survived the war.

            Jason looked down at the flowers he had just placed on the base of the statue with a small sigh. He looked back at the statue, knowing it was the anniversary of her death.

            “Long live Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano.”

A/N: the end.

the epilogue is dedicated to bluestar210.

the fact that this story is now over makes me so... bittersweet, I suppose. there are parts in this epilogue that are sad but I'd say 99% of this is happy.

on the side, I added the song 'Fix You' by Coldplay because it matches all the struggles the demigods had been through during the quest. that's why I gave them this epilogue, gave them this happy ending. I know that Rick hates epilogues because he likes to keep the future open, but I'm hoping that he makes it seem like everyone gets a happy ending.

thank you all for reading this story. I love you all.

if you go to the next chapter, there will be an author's note you should all read. :-)

I love you all, thank you so much for reading this story.

- Megan <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 2K 84
Annabeth and Percy are back from Tartarus, Reyna and Coach Hedge and Nico are shadow traveling to Camp Half-Blood to save the Roman and Greek Demigod...
61.5K 966 25
Percy and Annabeth are out of Tartarus and alive and the quest to stop Gaea continues. With Gaea nipping at their heels, she seemes to be throwing e...
107K 1.8K 54
If you haven't read House of Hades yet this will be a little confusing and will contain spoilers...
343K 5.7K 43
The Great War is over, and peace settles in both camps. Nothing much is left of both camps, and only few survived the War. But too soon, Gaia has fou...