Kenzie's Time to Meet the Wor...

By CassidyBennet

With the help of her friends and family, Makenzie Huxton is destined to meet the world. More

~Cast~
Prolougue ~<3~
~1~ Old Friends and Risky Choices ~<3~
~2~ We Make a Mistake; We Make the World Ours ~<3~
~3~The Class Goes Tech Free ~<3~
~4~ I'm About to Break ~<3~
~5~ A Happy Day Turns Into a Crushed Flower ~<3~
~6~ Lashing Out, Jealousy, and Restoration ~<3~
~7~Father Figures and School Dances ~<3~
~8~ Lockets and the Truth ~<3~
~9~ Popularity. Oh, and Personality Changes ~<3~
~10~Parental Problems ~<3~
~11~ 1961
~12~ My Best Friend Becomes My Cousin
~13~ Arguments and Halloween
~14~ Skipped Breakfasts and Second Familes
~15~ Bullies and Screwups
~16~ Surprises and Last Minute Vacations
~18~ The Christmas Surprise
~19~ Game Night and a Revolution (Part 1)
~20~ Game Night and a Revolution (Part 2)
~21~ Birthdays and Surprises
~22~ He Shows Up (Part 1)
~23~ He Shows Up (Part Two)
~24~ Time Capsules and Newfound Information
~25~ Life-Changing Realizations and Hope
~26~ Fights and Accusations
~27~ Beanies and Sleepovers
~28~ Overprotective Family and Our Inner Selves
~Extra Chapter~ Orange is Better!!
~29~ Hurricanes and Questions
~30~ First Dates
~31~ Elections
~32~ Surprise Surprise
~33~ Until We Meet Again
~34~ Conversations and the Surprise Addition
~35~ Welcome Home
13k!!!! (and authors note)
~36~ Mean Words and Broken People
Important Announcement
~37~ There's Always Hope and Goodbye For Now
Prequel!!!!

~17~ The Little Brother Gives Me Advice

2.9K 58 16
By CassidyBennet

The first thing that Riley, Maya, and I did when we got back was try out for the cheer team. That didn't go well. "Well, another year we're not going to be cheerleaders." Riley said, waving her pompoms dejectedly.

We stood in the middle of the subway station. In cheer uniforms. You might say it was a bit embarrassing. By now almost everyone knew that my dad was engaged. Everyone had mixed feelings. Most people who had known my mom wondered how he moved on so easily.

"Why do you make me do these things? Pom-poms are stupid and pyramids made of humans freak me out. And what are these?" Maya asked, pointing down in confusion.

"These are your legs." Riley said slowly.

"Have you ever seen anything so white?" Maya asked in confusion, causing me to nod and play along.

"One time when I looked into the sun."

"These need to be put away. We have to go to Demolition right now and get clothes." Maya suggested, causing me to grin. I was never one to turn down a Demolition thrift shopping trip.

"I'm in... Because you know they're going to find out we took these things." I said, gesturing to the cheer uniform I had basically stolen.

"But my curfew's in fifteen minutes." Riley said sadly. Mr. and Mrs. Matthews had become much stricter with Riley's curfew lately.

"But they're having a sale." Maya protested.

"Vintage t-shirts." I added.

"Ooh, I do love t-shirts that other people have already loved."

"You are the only person I know that has to be home by seven." Maya told her.

"It's ridiculous. They treat me like a baby."

"Who?" We asked.

"Ma-ma da-da. It's time I was treated like the woman I am. I am going to Demolition!"

"That's the spirit!" We exclaimed then paused.

"You're not really coming, are you?" I asked.

"Nah." Then she stopped. "Wait. You know what? I am. I am old enough to stay out past seven o'clock." She paused before turning to us. "What's the damage for this, in your professional opinion?"

Maya thought for a moment. "Broken curfew?"

"Chump change." I said, waving it off.

"Whole thing blows over by Wednesday."

"Maybe Thursday depending on Topanga's mood."

"Worth it! Let's do this!" Riley exclaimed.

"Great! See you Wednesday." Maya said, and we walked to Demolition.

~<3~

"I'm late, I'm late, I know I'm late!" Riley said loudly as we walked into her apartment.

"Seven minutes." Her dad informed her.

"Say nothing."

"Keep walking." Maya and I reminded her quickly, trying to rush her to her room.

"No." Riley said. "This is a thing. Deal with your bad girl."

Topanga nodded, amused. "Okay, where were you?"

"Demolition. It's an alternative store. Where rebels go! And I bought this t-shirt I don't think you'll entirely approve of. Bleh!" I laughed, and Topanga struggled to keep a straight face.

"Edgy."

Cory frowned. "Wait, Riley, what's going on?"

"I am too old for a seven o'clock curfew. I reject it! Reject it! Reject it! Won't even respect it!"

"Didn't make the team again, huh?" Topanga noted.

"What do you think?" I said, gesturing to Riley.

"No!" She exclaimed.

Cory shook his head. "Every year."

"Okay, look, Riley, your father and I gave you a 7:00 curfew because we knew that even when you got all rebellious you'd still be home by 7:30."

"What?"

Cory nodded. "Yeah. So when you come in here at 7:07 acting all dangerous, it's hard- " He laughed. "I'm sorry. I can't even keep a straight face."

Topanga started to laugh and Riley frowned. "What are you laughing at? I'm outta control!"

Cory laughed more. "Maya, Kenz, you couldn't keep her out any later than that? I mean, what kind of bad influences are you?"

"You're right." I realized. Maya turned to me.

"We gotta up our game." I grabbed two knickknacks off the fireplace, handing one to Maya.

"These will look great in our rooms." I said, before walking out the door with Maya.

"Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!" Cory yelled after us.

~<3~

"What up, weirdoes?" Maya and I chorused.

"Come on up."

"Red planet diaries!" Maya exclaimed.

"Ooh! Tonight's the season finale!"

I looked at Augggie as the show played. "I'm going to my room now. Riley, are you coming?" The small boy asked.

"Yeah yeah, just gimme a sec." Riley answered, obviously distracted.

"Can I come, Aug?" I asked, smiling.

"Sure Kenzie! Come see my surprise for Riley!" I smiled and followed him.

~<3~

"Kenzie?" Auggie asked as we sat on his bed.

"Yeah, Bubba?"

"Why are you never smiley anymore?"

I looked at him confusedly. "What do you mean, Auggie? I smile all the time."

"Yeah, but that's when everyone's looking."

I stared at the boy. "You are wise beyond your years, Auggie." We sat silent for a second. "You know, your Uncle Josh asked me the same thing."

"When did you see him?"

"Last week when I went on vacation."

"Well what did you tell him?"

"Well... if your mommy went away, and your daddy loved someone else... would you be sad?" He nodded. "Well that's how I feel."  

"You should tell your dad how you feel. That's what I would do." I stared at him again. "What?" He asked.

"You're a smart kid, Augster." He smiled. Then, I got a text.

'Where the heck are you? We had dinner plans. Come home right now.'

"Oh sh...arpie." I said, almost cursing until I realized who I was with. "I've got to go Auggie." I got up quickly.

"But what about Riley?"

"Try talking to her. You got this." I reassured him, before walking out the room.

~<3~

"Where on Earth have you been!" My dad yelled. I was sitting on the couch, as he stood in front of me, Alexandra on the side of him.

"I had cheer tryouts, then I did my homework at Maya's, then I helped babysit Auggie."

"When I said come home after school, I meant it!"

"I forgot!"

"We had a reservation!"

"You could have gone without me like you always do!"

We all went silent. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Think about it. It's always 'Stay at your friend's house, Alex and I have plans.' 'Oh sorry Kenz, I couldn't go watch you perform, we have plans.' When's the last time we did something together!?" He didn't say anything. "That's what I thought. Ever since mom died, it's like you're ignoring me. Like it's my fault."

"You look exactly like her. You don't think that's hard. If you hadn't had that fight with her... She would still be alive, Makenzie!"

My heart broke. "So you do think it's my fault." I stood up. "I'm going to bed."

"Kenz-"

"I heard what you had to say, Dad. I'm going to bed." I walked down the hallway and slammed the door. I could hear Alexandra comforting my dad, telling him how I was just being a brat. The moment I closed the door, I cried. Auggie was right. I did need to talk to my dad. I just got different results then expected.

~<3~
The next morning I woke up, washing my face, and leaving quickly, not sparing my dad a glance. I walked into the Matthews apartment, where Cory was cooking breakfast. "Smells good." Riley commented?

"What are we having?" Maya and I asked.

"Cory's breakfast special scrambled eggs!"

Riley gasped. "Seriously? You cooked the entire McScrambleface family?" She yelled.

"Yeah. Yum yum. Eat 'em up." Cory said, serving us all eggs.

Riley gestured to Maya and I's plates. "Those were Amanda's best friend. They used to come in through her bedroom window every night, and they'd talk for hours." Maya and I wrinkled our noses and pushed our plates away.

Cory looked at us before shrugging. "Okay."

Riley turned to Topanga. "That was mama McScrambleface. She used to look wow." Topanga pushed her plate away.

"Who'd I get?" Auggie asked.

"You got baby brother McScrambleface. He was my favorite."

Auggie gasped. "You monster."

Cory looked at all of us. "Out for pancakes?" He asked, and we all cheered. I love this family.

You guys don't even know how excited I am for the next chapter. (Home for the Holidays.) Some major drama's happening, and a few things that will be very important for the book. I hope you liked this. Anyone think they know what's going to happen?

~ Cassidy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

899K 13.5K 59
In which Joshua Matthews twin sister meets Lucas Friar's older brother and the two fall for each other. |Girl Meets World| |Oc/Oc|
60.2K 2.7K 24
❝ i'm chasing roller coasters. i've got to have you closer now. endless romantic stories; you never could control me. ❞ © httpriarkle | 2017 rewrit...
Duff By Tori

Fanfiction

20.9K 920 23
A Girl meets world story with a duff twist Duff Designated Ugly Fat Friend GMWAU
148K 3.7K 11
𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐘. ❝ i never thought i could feel like this, even after you've broken my heart. ❞ 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐎...