Adopted by McBusted

By thatlittlenerdgirl

"Why would anyone want to adopt a 16 year old girl for crying out loud?" Melody Longed is a walking record... More

Adopted by McBusted
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Authors Note
Chapter 14
AUTHORS NOTE! PLEASE READ
Chapter 15
CHARACTER INTERVIEWS
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (The Final Chapter)

Chapter 13

2.1K 48 22
By thatlittlenerdgirl

I practically run to the dressing room with Leanne and she throws clothes at me. Looks like I don't have long tonight.

We are in the London O2 arena (did I really just say that?) and the second support act aren't performing tonight for some reason, so I have to speedy Gonzalez get ready for my bit in the show. Oh and Carrie is watching tonight with a load of her YouTube friends.

No pressure then.

I throw off my galaxy patterned dress and pull on the ripped black skinny jeans, red shirt and black and white tie Matt got me for my birthday. I slide my converse on my feet and tie them up before grabbing Davros (yes I named my guitar Davros).

I run to the side of the stage where the boys are already rocking out. The crowd is going absolutely mental for them, the OMFG zone is literally reaching for them.

I watch them play a couple of songs while sound people are attaching my radio mike and when they start to play Nerdy I get into my position. I'm behind Harry, on the platform where the DeLorean was sat. It's been moved now to make space for me.

After the second chorus, they don't go into the break and Doug talks into the microphone.

"Guys can you hear something?"

"I can actually,"

"What is it?"

"No idea, but come on get on with the song,"

They sing the next couple of lines and I run to the platform behind Harry.

"Just because your nerdy and your friends are thirty doesn't mean she won't swing your way!" I sing and the crowd goes absolutely mental.

I sing the next line while walking down the ramp and playing the chords on Davros. When I reach the stage all the boys are jumping about, except Harry for obvious reasons. The song finishes and then Harry speaks into his microphone.

"Erm, Mel, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at home, studying,"

"Thought I would come see this lovely lot again!"

"Wait again? I need words with Izzy..."

"Oh just get on with it!" And they start to play the opening chords to Transylvania. The audience go insane for Dougie singing the chorus as always. When the song finishes, they all run off stage except James and myself.

"Erm, where did they go?" I ask.

"I don't know. Shall we just entertain these then?"

"Sounds like a plan, what shall we sing?"

"Well normall this would be the part where I would say Who's David, but in honour of Miss Carrie Hope Fletcher being here, I'm thinking a little bit of Les Mis," There is a massive cheer at Carrie's name and I laugh as James starts to play the opening notes to little fall of rain. I sing Eponine and he sings Marius and the audience is completely silent. I take this as a good thing as when James sings the final note they erupt into applause. With that the rest of the boys come back on stage.

"There you are James! We've been looking for you!"

"Guy's I can't stay long, one more song with me maybe?" I ask and they all nod and we all begin to play Shine a Light. James and Dougie both wink at me. They haven't attempted the backflips yet, they wanted to wait till the O2. As the song goes into the bridge and Danny starts to sing slowly, the three of us pass our guitars to stage hands and then run up the ramps. I stand in front of Harry.

"If anybody sees her..."

And the three of us flip in unison. The crowd goes mental. When the song finishes I bow and salute before running off stage.

"That was epic!" Leanne shouts as I run and hug her.

~~~~

Well that was it then. Last night on tour. For me anyway, the boys still have a few more shows in Ireland but I'm not going, mainly because I have other things to do. So therefore it is just going to be me and Izzy for the next week. Carrie said she might join us as well when Izzy has to go do stuff.

"See you guys!" I say stepping off the tour bus for the last time.

"It's going to be quiet on here without you," Dougie says.

"Yeah, cause it was me that was shouting and screaming when we played monopoly,"

I hug each of them and then wave them off as they drive off. I see Dougie flip me off out of the back window of the bus and I do the same back before making my way inside.

Izzy runs and hugs me and I hug her back tight.

"I've missed you so much!"

"You too,"

We pull apart and I look over to Carrie who is sat on the sofa with a cup of tea. She smiles at me.

"You ready for this afternoon then?" She asks and I shrug.

"I suppose so,"

"Come on it will be fine,"

"So do you two want some pizza before you go out?" Izzy asks and we both nod while she picks up the phone to ring for a delivery. It comes quickly and we eat happily. Once we finish I run upstairs to get a shower. I brush my hair out, do my makeup and then change into a pair of leggings and a checked shirt. I jog downstairs and smile at Carrie. We say goodbye to Izzy and then make our way to the tube station. This is gonna be good.

Later that night on the way back home we grab a costa. I do love a good costa hot chocolate. I haven't eaten since the pizza either so I get a ham and cheese paninni which I eat quickly. Myself and Carrie go our seperate ways so I walk down the street with my headphones in, which are blaring out  mix of musicals, McFly, Busted, My Chemical Romance and Olly Murs. Wow my music taste is varied. About halfway home one of my favourite songs ever comes on, Defying Gravity. It takes everything not to sing along with it, just to make sure I don't look insane.

So if you can't avoid me

Look to the western sky

As someone told me lately

Everyone deserves a chance to fly!

*SMACK*

'Well done Melody' I think to myself as I fall to the floor, hot chocolate spilling everywhere. I look up to see what I walked into. I was expecting a lampost or something to that effect but instead it is a tall thin boy with messy dark brown hair, a slight tan and deep chococlate brown eyes. Gosh he's good looking, but also he is quite familiar. He holds out a hand and pulls me up.

"Are you ok?" he asks.

"Yeah. Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," I mutter.

"It's ok, I rarely do," he laughs and I smile, "So what's your name?"

"I'm Melody, Melody Judd, and you?"

"Ah, I thought I recognised you, you're Carrie's niece aren't you? Well I'm Dan Howell, I'm one of Carrie's YouTube friends," he smiles. That's where I know him from. It's freaking danisnotonfire! It's the unstraightened hobbit hair, that's why I didn't realise.

"Oh yeah, I remember now! Carrie showed me on of your videos, it was good,"

"Well I like your videos too so I guess the feeling is mutual then," he laughs.

"Well that's good,"

"Do you, um, maybe want to go get another hot chocolate? Since I made you spill all of yours?" He asks and I nod. I mean it was sort of my fault for not looking where I was going but hey ho, I'd quite like to get to know him. We make our way to the nearest Starbucks. He orders a toffee latte but I stick to my hot chocolate. I'm not exactly a coffee person.

We sit and chat in Starbucks for a bit. I actually learn quite a lot about him, and I assume vice versa so that's good. In fact it goes quite well. But all good things must come to an end and of course, the enevitable happened. Just as we are about to walk out the door, who decides to walk in? Danny. Alan. David. Freaking. Jones. Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. 

"MEL! HI! Whose this you are with?" he practically shouts.

"Danny, what are you doing here? I thought you lot were flying to Ireland, you know, 2 hours ago?" I say, trying to aviod the question.

"Turn's out the flight was delayed, so I just came to grab us all a starbucks. So anyway back to the original question, who is this?" he says with a smirk.

"Oh this is Dan Howell, he's one of Carrie's YouTube friends," I say quickly whilst trying to escape. If he tells the boys I will never hear the end of it.

"Oh really mate, thats cool, I'm assuming Carrie has already-" He is cut off by the sound of screaming fangirls. Well that's a convinient exit. We leave Danny to fight off the fangirls alone, and then Dan walks me home. He is cute, and I think I might like him. I don't know why but I just get that feeling.

~~~~~~~

*Harry's POV*

"Iz! Mel! I'm back!" I  shout as I walk though the door with my case. The tour has finished now and I finally get to spend some time with my girls. Izzy runs down the staircase and I hug and kiss her. Gosh I've missed her so much. When we pull apart I realise Melody still isn't here.

"Where's Junior?" I ask

"Oh she's out with Carrie, they went into London I think."

"Oh, ok,"

"Do you want me to make you some lunch?"

"Yes that would be lovely Iz"

"Will pancakes be sufficient?"

"Of course,"

Iz quickly makes the pancakes and I eat them at speed. For the next couple of hours we just chill and hang out, watching a few movies. Melody doesn't arrive back until 7 o'clock, at which point I hug her tightly. I still worry as to why she was out so long but at least she's back, and she said herself and Carrie just went out shopping so I'm sure that they were fine. I guess it is just my fatherly instinct kicking in.

We spend the rest of the night watching films. What, I just got back from tour, I'm allowed to chill out! Izzy goes to bed at 11 and Melody isn't too far behind. I stay up for a while though, scrolling down twitter, eating food, watching some TV. This is like my typical tour chill out.

At about midnight I decide to go for a shower. I use the bathroom opposite Mel's room, since I don't want to wake Izzy up and by the looks of things Mel is still awake as her bedroom light is on. She's probably reading, knowing her. I jump in the shower and don't take too long. I am pretty tired after all. 

I climb out and change into the pyjamas I brought Again so I don't wake Izzy up. I'm a thoughtful husband. I open the door and sneak back to my room, but something makes me stop. Mel is talking in her room, I think she might be on the phone. 

"Dan, shut up,"

Is she talking to Danny? No she can't be, he kills anyone who calls him Dan. Who is this guy then?

--------------------------------

A/N

HEY GUYS! I AM SO SO SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE. I've had terrible writers block but I managed to finish this chapter in time for Christmas which I am so happy about. 

On another note, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 5,000 READS! I had never got over 1,000 for any of my stories before this one and I just can't get my head round the fact that this has been read 5,000 times! I just... ahhhhh.

Ok so hopefully I will be able to update soon and yeah... see you guys later

P.S. for the purposes of the story, Dan Howell is going to actually be 17 not 23... I know he is actually 23 but here I want him to be 17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 174 18
Lacey and Ryan's story from the beginning! Prequel to Life In The Wind.
643K 32.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
464K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
52.9K 1.1K 26
Not everyone gets a kick start at life, some people have to work their way up. That's the case for this young girl, who finds herself stuck in quite...