E Is For Enemy

By Haydenpumpkinchan

Monster attacks, missing students and the shockingly gruesome discovery of an evil corporation doesn't sound... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

735 39 35
By Haydenpumpkinchan

Karma's P.O.V.

The principals office was bigger than I remembered.

It was probably the same size, I was just feeling smaller.

Asano was gone.

Missing.

Just like that other kid...and he was still yet to be found.

Principal Asano was sitting at his desk, writing something down.

It was unnaturally quiet in the room. There wasn't even the ticking of a clock to help pass the time.

Finally, he set down his pen and looked at me with steely eyes, placing his fingertips together.

It was another moment entirely before he spoke.

"What happened?"

I don't know! I wanted to scream. One second he was here, the next, gone!

"On record," he added.

"He left class to go to the bathroom, and then I heard a scream, and when I got inside, the bathroom was a mess and Asano was...he wasn't there, sir." I said.

"I see." He continued to look at me, before glancing down at the papers at his desk. "I've alerted the students and staff to the incident in the boys restroom, they believe it was a busted water pipe that caused the mess, so please stick with that story. Now," He shoved everything aside and leaned close, and I could make out the hint of desperation in his eyes. "Off record, what happened?"

"There was another monster attack," I blurted out, thankful to finally get down to business.

"You saw it? What was it?" He grabbed a new pen and paper. "Tell me everything!"

I shook my head, angry and disappointed in myself. "I didn't see it, it was gone before I got inside. But I know it had to have been another monster, what else could it be? A busted water pipe?"

He scribbled something down. "Anything else? Anything at all you remember? The pipe repairmen will be here shortly, so we can't investigate the crime scene. I'm relying on your memory and observation skills, Akabane."

Well that sucks, because I was too distraught to remember anything other than the fact Shuu was missing.

"The mirrors were broken as well, so I don't know what to say to include that in our broken pipe story. Also, the windows. I think the creature got in that way." I said.

He nodded, writing fast. I craned my neck to see his notes, but for some reason he was writing in Russian, one of the few languages I didn't know. However, I picked one word out and memorized it for later. It was all the time I had before he suddenly stood up, tucking the notes under his arm.

"Well, I have quite a few phone calls to make, so please excuse me. If you still wish to stay at our house, I'll have Miriam make you a key. For now, there is a spare one under the flower pot. I know the place will seem emptier without my son there, but for now I think you and I need to stick closer together until he is found, safe and sound."

I stood up too. "Thank you. I agree. They maker bolder and bolder moves here, I think they're gearing up for the end."

"Unfortunately, Karma, I have to agree."

-

Later that night, I stood in front of the door to Shuu's bedroom, heart heavy.

It seemed like just yesterday we had our sleepover. Him giving me his clothes to wear, him laughing in the bathroom, us laying in bed together, talking.

"Because you're good, Karma."

I shook my head abruptly. Missing him wouldn't help find him. But I knew what would.

I raised one hand and lightly pushed on the door.

It slowly creaked open, and I scanned the room.

I half expected Asano to pop out and scold me for entering his room uninvited.

But he didn't.

It was empty.

I stepped inside. It felt wrong to be here without him.

I walked over to his desk. His computer was off, so I powered it on. The screen came to life, and displayed a box that requested a password.

"Hmmm..." I narrowed my eyes, leaning back in the chair in thought. "If I was an Orange, what would my password be?"

It took only one second of thought to crack it.

Akabanegetthefuckoffmycomputer

The computer unlocked and I quickly opened the internet browser. Going to google translate, I typed in the word I had recalled from Principal Asano's notes.

It detected Russian immediately and translated it to Japanese.

Success.

I was stunned, staring at the screen.

How could anything about that had happened be considered a success? Unless he meant the monster was successful in abducting Shuu, but as Shuu's father, that was definitely a weird way to word it.

I closed that page and opened a new one.

I typed in Markus K. Emri.

0 hits.

I expected that. The virus was still in effect to wipe away any trace of Creation Enterprises.

I instead typed in Creation Enterprizes.

0 hits.

I frowned. That couldn't be right, Shuu and I had found this page before! How could it suddenly be deleted? How could anyone know we had found it? Was it also bugged somehow? But if it was bugged, why not just delete it as well? No...whoever had wiped all the data about C.E. had clearly missed this page, then found out about it, and now had deleted it.

Only one person knew we had found it.

And I was alone in his house with him.

-

Later that night, I pulled the hood over my head, watching the dark building for any sign of life.

As I was expecting, there wasn't any. The library had closed at 6, and since it was almost midnight now, there wasn't even a chance someone was staying late.

Normally, a library probably wouldn't have any security cameras, but I knew this wasn't a normal library.

They were most likely just using the library as a front, and the real building was probably underground.

My bet was that the terrible experiments were still happening there, and that this was where they were keeping Asano.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was why they would want him of all people. What possible connection could he have with this terrible company?

Sure, I had my suspicions about his father being involved, but they were still just suspicions. Gakuho Asano was a monster of a human being, but was he really creating monsters? If that was the case, you would think he would want to keep Asano safe and far away from all this as possible, especially after already losing his wife. He said it himself, his son was the only family he had left.

I cleared my head, narrowing my eyes at the building from my perch on top of a hill, a few yards away.

I had to assume they had the world's greatest security system in place, and that meant I couldn't afford to mess up.

Which was why I brought the A team, aka the E class.

Minus Nagisa.

"See anything?" I called up to Chiba, who was perched in a high tree with binoculars.

"No movement on the ground floor, but if there really is an underground base, I won't be able to spot them with just normal lenses." He replied.

"What exactly is this place, Karma?" Rio whispered from beside me, tugging on my sleeve.

"Hey, you all promised, remember? No questions. You haven't forgotten the deal you all made with Asano, right? And after that whole incident at the dance, you guys owe me. So just shut up and do your jobs." I commanded.

"Yes, sir." Everyone quickly answered, giving me a salute.

I turned back and hid a smile. It felt good to have so much power.

"Looks like the scout team is back," Terasaka commented.

I looked up to see he was right. Isogai, Maehara, Itona, and a few others had been sent out earlier to make sure there were no guards around.

I didn't think there would be, since a normal library definently wouldn't, and it would be easier to have electronic guards like cameras and sensors anyways.

"No movement," Itona said, confirming my suspicions.

"Right, that means we can begin phase 2." I said.

"Wait, Karma!" Isogai stepped up. "I know we aren't allowed to ask questions, and you know we all trust you and your judgement, but we still worry and care for you. This seems really dangerous, even if I don't know all the details, and even though you're totally capable, please don't try to do anything reckless. Are you absolutely sure that you have to do this? There isn't any other way?"

If Shuu was in there, then yes. Of course.

"It'll be okay, I know what I'm doing." I assured them.

"But you're going in alone, and we don't know what's down there." Rio argued. "Just let us come with-"

"No!" I shouted, taking them all by surprise.

"No." I said, much calmer. "This is something I have to do alone and I really am sorry I can't explain anything. You just have to trust me. I'll be back tomorrow if everything goes according to plan."

"And if it doesn't go according to plan?" Someone dared to ask.

I just gave them a smile and headed towards the building.

-

It was easier than expected to get inside. But of course, getting underground would be harder.

I had already dropped in from the roof, thanks to a rusty air vent opening, and now I was faced with a tough decision.

Should I disable the alarm system?

If I did, I could move about freely without having to worry about tripping an alarm or being seen on camera.

However, if someone was monitoring it, they would know something was up if it suddenly shut off.

Additionally, what if the library's alarm system was hooked up to an alarm system in the underground location? And if I disarmed it, what if it sent off the other alarm? Guards would come running before I could even escape.

I grimaced at myself and my lack of rational thinking. If only Asano was here with me, then I could think clearly. I could already hear him, crossing his arms and tossing his head at me.

Honestly Akabane, you're a pathetic mess! Can't even make a simple yes or no decision without me there, he would say. One might even think you're in love with me, baka.

The thought made me smile, and I made up my mind.

I disabled the alarm easily. Even if it did trigger something else, I figured I would just have to move fast.

Which....might be a little hard when I didn't know what I was looking for.

I turned on my flashlight and scanned it around the room. It was circular and wide, with a staircase on the side leading up to a second floor. Shelves of books covered the top floor, and along the sides of the bottom floor. In the middle of the bottom floor was the librarians desk and some tables and chairs.

I decided to start from the bottom and work my way up.

-

After over an hour of searching, I had found nothing incriminating this library was a cover up for something more sinister.

At least I had been right to disable the alarm, nothing had happened and no one had come running for over an hour so I assumed I was golden.

Frustrated, I kicked the nearest desk and cursed. My theory had seemed so solid! We knew Creation Enterprises was back to it's old tricks and operating in secret, and this place had seemed like a prime hideout. Had I missed something? If only Asano was here...

I had never felt farther away from him than right now and the disappointment I felt in myself for failing to find him almost brought me to my knees.

However, my phone rang at that moment and distracted me.

I stared at the number for a second, not sure I wanted to answer.

Finally, I decided I should.

"Yeah?" I said casually.

"Karma," Principal Asano said curtly. "Where are you?"

"Out," I said flippantly.

"Come back to the mansion at once." He ordered.

"Why?" I asked, growing angry.

But all that anger vanished in an instant at his next words.

"Asano is back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 49 30
"๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ต, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ." โ‚Šหšโœง ๐™ . ๐™–๐™ ๐™–๐™—๐™–๐™ฃ๐™š โ โ•โ•โ•โ•...
453K 19K 52
(GUYS, COVER BY WONDERFUL @Satchiko-Ooji) Asano Gakushuu X reader "See you later my dear." That dear mini Satan said to you. You never remembered bei...
2.4K 212 26
โ˜†๊งโœฌโ—ฆยฐหšยฐโ—ฆKarma had always thought that no one knew. That no one paid him any attention. He thought that he'd done a good job. St...
69.9K 4.2K 64
It's a new school year for Karma and Gakushลซ, a new beginning, new classmates, new choices, and a new start. Gakushลซ at first wanted absolutely noth...