Painting this canvas with the...

By Sarahsbabee

A young student with an idol who would do anything to know her until she finally gets to meet her thanks to h... More

Do dreams come true?
Why did I forget?
I accepted it
Don't leave
The worst at goodbyes
Classes
There is nothing as important as you are to me
Love me again
She's my girlfriend
In Italy?!
Surprise
She's crazy and I love it
It appears as though we're fucked, my dear
I feel so helpless
Stop that
You're with me now
Stay?
I love you, Paulson
Family reunion
I've missed you more
Explanations
Exam day
I love(d) you
Don't cut me out
You did it for her
Too little too late
I beg you
Reunion
We should go tell her
Let's just say I'm worried
Mom
Antibodies
I've missed you
Medical power of attorney
Doing things properly
I bet you picked up
Jealous
Whatever it takes
Our daughter
A good parent
better than therapy
I fucked up, doc
go home, doc
Chrysanthemums
everything black
That girl i met a while ago
highs and lows
1,2,3,...
change of air
one and only
in my head

THE date

778 28 3
By Sarahsbabee

I had rumbled around all day trying to get everything done for our date night that had turned to be more important than I thought it would because I didn't want to hide anything from her and ending up not telling her what was happening wasn't my intention so I was determined to show her how much I cared about her.
I was heading in the car and I was a little late on the program because it took me ages to get at my grandparents. I was supposed to borrow their car since I don't have one in New York and I didn't want Sarah to drive because I didn't want to tell her where we were headed.
I get in the car and make my way at Sarah's place as fast as I could. Once I manage to get there and find a spot to wait for her to come out I took a moment to check on everything.
Roses, checked.
Make up? I looked at myself in the little mirror of the car and check on my simple eyeliner and mascara and dark red lipstick ... oh well, that's the best I can do anyway.
Hair? Decent. With curls you never how they will come out after each shower you take.
My random thoughts suddenly got silenced by a breathtaking view of a gorgeous woman moving forward on the street looking for me not recognizing the car, so I stepped out holding the roses behind my back.
"Hey honey, won't you give me a kiss?" She asked and my cheeks blushed when I notice I was just standing there amazed by how gorgeous she was.
"Y-yeah, you look beautiful" I said giving a last check to her outfit and leaning in to kiss her.
"But what have you got back there love?" She said and tried to look over my shoulder but I managed to move first swaying my index finger in the air.
"Close your eyes first" I said and she did as she was curious to find out what i had been hiding behind my back.
I got a rose out of the bouquet and guided her hand on a thorn and then up on the smooth, delicate petals and she was now smiling "Oh a rose..." she said taking it from my hand.
"Actually in my country we have this thing we do not give roses in odd number... but the best thing is to give them in... dozens" I said and pulled out the other eleven roses.
"You bought me a dozen of roses..." she said smiling brightly I couldn't help but smile too "You're the sweetest human on heart, thank you honey they're beautiful" she said still smiling caressing the velvety petals.
"Oh thank you but you haven't seen the rest yet" i said and held the door open for her to get in the car.
"And... given the start, I can't wait for the rest" she said with a smirk.
"Ok but will you please put this on when I tell you to?" I said laying a blindfold on her lap.
"Uh blindfold, it gets intriguing... unless you're going to kidnap me" she giggled.
"Sort of" I giggled to and started driving.
"Don't you need something like maps or whatever..."
"Good try, but nope. I've studied every inch of the map, I perfectly know where to go" I said in a proud tone.
"Oh well I surrender then, I'll just wait" she said and we started chatting until I thought we were close and asked her to put on her blindfold which she did.
"I might get car sick" she said tightening the grip around her seat.
"Oh come on I'm not that terrible at driving even though I'm wearing heels" I said a little bit offended.
"It's not because of your driving silly, but because I can't see a thing" she laughed.
"Well your suffering is about to end missy because I'm glad to inform you that we're here" I said and finally stopped the car.
I helped her out and guided her through the path which was a little rocky and difficult for her to walk on without seeing.
"Okay okay, just a few seconds of patience hun"  I said while I checked if everything was set and at its place, everything was fine fortunately "Okay you can take the blindfold off" she swiped it up from her face and her jaw dropped at the sight of the place we were in.

"Oh this is adorable" she said and her eyes were racing from me to every inch of the greenhouse.
"Well... I was so worried you wouldn't like it" I sighed in relief while she did a tour of the room exploring it.
"Oh why?!" She asked surprised.
"I've never had the occasion of doing something like this for someone so I didn't know how it would have worked out. I guess that's what scared me"
"Well don't be, this is beautiful, you are beautiful, inside and out" she said encircling my waist with her arms and my skin immediately recognized her touch and warmth.
"Thank you for not being mad at me" I said and I gently kissed her lips. But maybe too gently because she quickly deepened the kiss.
"I probably would've done the same to protect you so I understand and seeing you like that today really touched me I just wanted to hold you and not say a thing" she said and she held me closer.
"Okay let's not ruin tonight thinking about it okay?" I said cupping her cheeks and she smiled and nodded.
"Okay you're right" she said so I helped her sitting and adjusted the chair for her "thank you"
"So... here's the menu but I need to tell you something first..." I said and she looked at me allowing me to go on "I can't eat nearly anything of what's on there... so I just asked them in advance if they could cook something specific so please don't feel bad for me whatever you want to eat"
"Okay honey but will you at least taste it from my plate?" She said and gave me the puppy look.
"I think I can" I smiled and she smiled back.
I looked away because I felt my cheeks blush and I didn't want Sarah to notice. She always gave me so strong emotions just by looking at me with her chocolate eyes, not to mention what she did to my heart when she talked to me. Her voice was something I could listen to all day and never get tired of it.
"So.. I listened to the songs you had told me about" she said bringing me back to reality and I was afraid I had no idea what she was talking about.
"Uhm..." I mumbled "oh yeah! Those songs... you did?" I asked her.
"Yes it took me an accurate translation and analysis to understand what the hell he was saying but I did and... I liked it" she said.
"Oh so you can speak Italian now" I joked and she chuckled.
"Definitely not that level yet" she giggled "I'm trying but it is so difficult... now I understand how people who don't speak English must feel like"
"Not exactly, because like everyone in the world can at least understand English while none gives a damn about speaking italian" I laughed "actually I don't know why you're bothering so much about it"
"And we don't know what we're missing 'cause it sounds so good in songs I would never stop listening to it if only I understood something" she laughed.
"Oh don't worry too much there's no need for you to learn italian, I am your living version of google translate" I said trying to imitate the registered voice.
"Oh shut up" she said playfully slapping my thigh "but seriously foreign languages always interested me, I think I'm not so good though"
"How do you know? You never really tried. You're good at everything you do so I think you would do well if you tried" I had said nothing in particular but her cheeks colored in a light pink shade. Our dinner arrived in the meantime so the conversation was paused for a moment but then she picked it up again from where we had been interrupted.
"Do... do you really think so? That I'm good I mean" She asked and I looked at her trying to understand if she was really asking this.
"I've never been more sure of something in my life" I said and a smile appeared on her lips.
"Thank you" she whispered and nodded "you know it's not that I need to be constantly reminded of what I can do... I think I'm confident enough but sometimes I need someone to tell me 'you're doing great keep working like that' so thank you for this"
"Sarah... you are beautiful, talented, a good person, you have the most wonderful and pure soul, everyone could tell this just by looking into your eyes. You have nothing to worry about, dear. And anyway I'll always be there to tell you that you're doing incredibly good and I'll always be your number one fan" I said and she bit her bottom lip smiling widely.
"I'm lucky to have found you" she said and made me blush this time "oh hey who's blushing now" she chuckled.
"I know but I can't help" I chuckled "it's insane the effect you have on me..."
"What is it like?" She glanced at me as she was probably curious to see me embarrassing myself.
"I... I don't know how to explain it but my feelings for you haven't been less strong than they were a few months ago, actually I would say they have grown stronger... it's like I wanna be with you in every way, not only physical but more emotional, I want to know every little thought that crosses your mind everyday, I want to listen to you talking about things that make you happy, because I love the particular way your eyes smile when your lips do, but mostly I want to hold you when you're not at your best and tell you it's okay to be scared sometimes. I want to celebrate your success but I also want to be there for you when you think life isn't smiling at you because it's much easier to be present and cheer when everything is fine but it takes love to stay when things aren't exactly perfect and that's what I feel for you..." I wanted to add something else but the thought had slipped from my mind so I just ended my little speech.
"That was really deep and meaningful and thank you for putting an effort into telling me, I feel the exact same way and you can bet I won't leave you now and I won't do it in future because you really are the only one I hope to find waiting for me at the end of every and each day" she said and held my hand with both of hers.
"As it seems to me this is a good moment there's something else I wanted to give you" I said and smiled.
I put a little box wrapped in a blue envelope in front of her. She didn't know what to say and I could clearly read a little embarrassment as her cheeks were of a bright pink and she covered her mouth with her hand.
"You didn't have to... This place, this dinner, your company, the things you said to me..."
"I know but I wanted to, I thought about you when I saw it so I had to have it" I said "well you can open it, it's not just the box" I chuckled.
"Okay... let's see then" she delicately removed the paper envelope and revealed the box. My palms were sweating and my heart was beating so fast it almost made me worry.
When she opened the little box and saw what was inside:

her reaction was slightly unpredictable because she mumbled something that sounded like 'oh my...' but I couldn't tell because her mouth was covered by her hand.
"Do you like it or...?" I asked because that reaction wasn't really what I had expected.
"Yes... I love it.." she sighed deeply but then a tear escaped from her eye.
"Oh Sar... then why are you crying?" I approached her but she just shook her head unable to speak.
"Please calm down, this was supposed to be a good night for us" I said hugging her stroking the back of her head "I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm sorry Sar"
"No... actually these... these were happy tears" she stumbled.
"Well you looked desperate actually..." I said backing a little to let her breathe.
"No... I... no one did this for me for a long time now, I don't even know if anyone has ever worked so hard to make me feel loved and it just overwhelmed me, I'm sorry I made you worry" she explained and smiled a little but her eyes were still teary and red.
"No don't be sorry I just did what my heart told me, I hope you understand how much I love you" I said and she was playing with the little heart and key of the necklace.
"So much to give me the key of your heart?" She smiled.
"That was the thought... if you want to keep it" I said and smirked.
"Yes but i can't do this alone" she said handing me the necklace so I gently placed it around her neck.
I let my hands indulge on her warm and soft skin softly tracing one of the little stars of her tattoo and the scar on her back.
Sarah turned to face me again she was now smiling, there was no more pain on her face and she looked so beautiful. She let her arms rest on my shoulders, her hands joining behind my neck.
"Well... i keep seeing occasions to surprise you so now that we're standing up.." I backed and put on some music from an actual cd on an old stereo they had at the place.
"Does it sound familiar?" I asked with a witty smirk.
"Is it 'New York'?? From that group you told me... oh no no wait, it's 'Love'!! But this is more than creepy Sylvia how could you know I was going to talk about it?"
"I couldn't. It was luck" I laughed.
"Oh you lucky smart ass" she said and slapped lightly on my ass.
"Come" i said offering her my hand that she took.
"Why..." she asked.
"I just want to dance to this with you. I will do you no harm, except if I step on your feet, I'm a terrible dancer" I joked.
She chuckled and shook her head starting to move with me. There was so much grace in everything she did I thought I would never ever have had half as much, it felt like her feet weren't even touching the ground but more as if she was levitating like some sort of angel.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" She giggled.
"That's just my face, sorry for the view" I joked.
"No that's not, there's something" she said analyzing me.
"Ok I'll be more specific: that's my face when I see the woman I love" I said and she blushed. I felt lucky to witness all that blushing that night because it didn't happen really often.
"You made this night more than special and I am really grateful for this" she said and smiled placing a kiss on my cheek.
"Sarah I-" It was so hard but yet so special to be with her.
"Yes..?" She demanded going on moving with me to the end of the song.
"I..." I wasn't sure.
"Sylvia, baby, what's going on?" She said smiling trying to reassure me.
"I... I've fallen for you so hard it's hard to breathe when you're not around..." when words came out of my mouth unexpected. Sarah chuckled as if she was expecting it.
"You make me feel so special..." she said rubbing my arm "I love you Sylvia... for real, you brought back feelings I haven't felt for a while. You made me feel alive again" she said and kissed me.
The song ended, our kiss didn't break but became rather deeper. Her hands were holding my cheeks to keep me still but I didn't want to move at all, in fact, there was no place I'd rather have been.
"What if we go home?" Sarah asked drawing little circles on my shoulder with her finger.
"Yes sure if you want to... Are you tired babe?" I asked smiling.
"Yeah... I mean I'm a little bit tired but this wasn't the main reason" she glanced at me and again my cheeks were probably of a bright red because I could feel the heat.
"Hm.. Y-yeah, let's go then" I said and backed away from her. I paid and we headed back to the car, hand in hand, just the two of us.
"See? None bothered us, maybe this is the perfect place" I joked.
"Yeah probably, you've been amazing tonight..."
"Oh you ain't seen nothing yet" I gave her a flirty smirk causing her to laugh.
"Oh but just be serious for a moment" she laughed "I was trying to say something" she scolded me.
"Uh, sorry ma'am" I said and drove the car out of the parking.
"Yes... so what I wanted to say was..." she paused.
"Are you doing this on purpose, like creating some kind of suspense or something?" I asked playfully.
"Sylvia... just shut up, babe" she rolled her eyes "I was going to ask you if you want to come to a boring event I'll have to attend in a few days... like my girlfriend. How does it sound?" She asked and raised her brow in a concerned expression.
"Well... are you..." I was more than embarrassed thinking that I would have probably made a fool of myself surrounded by all those famous friends of hers "are you sure this is a good idea, Sar?" I asked and she surely noticed I was almost panicking.
"I wouldn't have asked you if I wasn't sure" She affirmed.
"Well... if you want me to come I won't say no but I want you to be 100% sure Sarah" I said still hoping she would've changed her mind.
"I'm sure... I've always been sure but I had never asked before because I didn't want you to feel embarrassed or whatever you feel but now... seeing you there... talking to doctor Lowen..." she said but she was interrupted.
"That's it then? You just... feel sorry for me? For god's sake Sarah... You should understand me enough to know that pity is the thing I can't stand the most" I tightened the grip around the steering wheel as I couldn't believe our date was being ruined like that.
"It's not like that at all... I don't pity you. It's a whole lot different... Sylvia, babe, just stop I need you to look at me." I stopped the car to the side of the road and turned to face her even though I couldn't hold her look.
"Babe... it's not about sympathy, or pity or whatever you want to call it. It's just that I love you and it made me understand I don't want to waste even a minute of the time I'm given with you. It was never about pity, please believe me when I say so"
"I... I overreacted maybe" I said as she was cupping my face. I couldn't escape her penetrating eyes.
"Yes... but still.. if you don't feel comfortable you don't have to do it" she said smiling softly "I would be running at your place as soon as it finishes anyway" she chuckled and bit her lip.
"No, I-I'll come with you... it's ok" I said smiling at her hoping I hadn't got myself caught in something bigger than me.
"You're really coming with me?" She asked containing happiness.
"Yes.." I chucked "I'll come" I answered.
"Thank you... It means a lot you're at least trying" she said softly rubbing my cheek with her thumb.
"I'll do my best, I promise" I chucked and started the car again.

Yes, it's me again, hope this sweet sweet kind of chapter pleased you because I really enjoyed writing it and also I feel like I like it so much to write this kind of soft, cute parts. 😍
When I think about the fact their relationship is really becoming something serious I wish this story could be endless but surely I'll try to make it as long as possible before it becomes boring and before you all abandon me and stop reading this. Anyway if you liked this chapter just let me know!
Love you all, see you on the next one 🥰👋🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 2.2K 28
A bunch of one shots of Sarah and some of her characters (not all are one shots...more like 2 shots haha) - Just some stuff that come into my head l...
96.1K 2.5K 36
📌 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐏𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒...
327 7 8
TW: abuse, eating disorder, mention of suicide, self harm and sexual assault. Y/n's life had never been the best, but she couldn't do anything to...
20K 1.3K 26
ღ "the view is gorgeous." you looked towards billie dean. "not nearly as gorgeous as you." she tucked a stray piece of hair behind your ear with her...