GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 20

280 57 0
By MireyaZachani

AJ'S.  POV

I wasn't in the mood to hand out with anyone actually. I feel like my pride has been tampered with.

Never in my life, have I ever thought I would be the one being dumped. I always love to be the one doing the dumping.

But after seeing Barry with Jenna, I couldn't stand it anymore. Of all the bitches in the world, it had to be that bitch.

I sat aside, ignoring the fact that I love to hang out with the guys and Tammy. But even at a beautiful bar like this, I needed my space. And the sight of them, just puts me off.

I feel like I'm paying for my mistakes. I really liked Barry. I did. Maybe is still like him because I'm still feeling hurt for what he did to me.

And the fact that he's still trying to make amends, wouldn't get to me. That's just how I am. Fearless.

I can relate with why Jenna had to do what she did. It all goes back to few years ago. And it all started with me.

I don't need any of them around me now. I need Melanie.
She's the only true friend I have right now. Lucas is a true friend but I can't face him now after what I did to him.

He's the only one who can speak the truth among all of us.
Him and Melanie.

Like I said, it all started with me.
But what I can't relate with, is why Barry had to fall for that slut.
Jenna has no friends. She loves trouble. She's crazy and  a complete backstabber.

I roll my eyes when Barry leaves the group and walks to my side.

"May I?"

"No. That seat is taken."
I shot back at him.

He stood there for a second and sighed. "By whom? I didn't see anyone there from where I've bee sitting."
He said and sat beside me.

I felt like emptying the content of my glass on his head and simply walking out on him.

"You know, it's not cool to sit all alone in a bar like this. People take advantage of lonely ladies."

I scoffed and shook my head. "Well, I'm sure you're big enough to know that I don't roll well with being at the same circle with my ex and his lover."

"She's not my..."

"Save it."
I cut in. "Save it for a fool."
I stood up to leave but he, held me back.

"If you would give me a second to explain..."

My laughter cut him off. "Explain what? I really don't want to hear how you were sticking it into her ass, Barry. You disgust me."
And I stood up to leave. He didn't stop me and I walked away.

What I didn't want was for him to see just how broken he made me feel. The image still stuck in my head and I didn't want to listen to him talking to me about what I clearly saw.

Like what they say; what goes around, comes around.

Melanie's POV💕

I was surprised to see AJ at the door when I almost thought that we were going to be robbed.

My aunt travelled to the east, thankfully. And as much as I tried to act like I was tough enough to stay alone, I wasn't.

I gave a sigh of relief when she smiled at me as soon as I opened the door.

"AJ."
I said.

She smiled. "Hey, sweetheart. May I?"
She said and I stepped aside for her.

I was still tongue tied when she stepped in and looked around the house. I didn't know what to say even after she turned around to look at me.

I shook my head, snapping back to reality.
"You're in my house."
I pointed out. "At the hour."
I added, looking at the time.
I mean, who comes to visit by 11:30p.m?!

She shrugged. "Yeah. What's up? Where's TJ?"

"Asleep. What's the matter, AJ?"
I could see that she was fully dressed. So she didn't possibly run out of her house all the way from the island to the mainland to see me, did she?

She sighed and sat on the sofa. I sat with her.
"I'm sorry, Mel. For coming at this hour. I didn't want to lodge into a hotel. I just wanted to stay far away from everyone. Can you let me stay here? Please?"

"Um...Why? What happened?"

"I want to be away from Barry. I can't stand him and his lover."

"Haven't you both worked it out, yet?"

She shook her head. "No. I can't talk to him. I don't want to hear how he was fucking her. They've been on for a long ass time. And I didn't know anything about it. Do you know how awful I felt when I saw that? And to think that, that bitch has been laughing at me behind. Just how foolish I have been with him."

Melanie sighed. "I still think you should talk to him. Get closure."

"Oh, I got closure, alright. I slapped him and ended the fucking thing we have."

I winced at her choice of words in the house. What I didn't want was for TJ to over hear us and ask me tomorrow what the word fucking means.

"Well, I can't butt into your issues with him. But I still think you should talk to him about it."

"Its all my fault. Jenna doesn't love him. She only wants to get back at me. But why will he hive in to her?"

"Get back at you for what?"
I asked.

She looked at me and bit her lower lip. "Its a long ass story, Mel. I don't want to bore you with it."

"Uh, no. Its fine. I can take it. Besides, you didn't come all the way here to look at my face, did you?"
I really wanted to hear something from her. Maybe that way, I can get a hint of what is going on among them.

She looked at me, like she was trying to decide if to tell me or not. Then she nodded.

I sighed in relief.

"You're right. I didn't come here to look at your face. I came to...have a place to sleep. Can I share your room, please?"

I blinked. Wait. What?

"Sure." I  said, fighting the urge to scream in frustration.

Okay, I love AJ and all the others. And I want to be able to help them whichever way I can. But I don't understand them and I'm trying to.

"You're a darling. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would do without you."
She said and gave me a kiss.

I smiled and led her into my bedroom.

~•°•~

I was still thinking about the Jacobs even after that night. Thank God, my aunt was away for a week, because AJ was staying for a week at my place.

Derrick was worried about her. He kept telling her to come back home, anytime he drove to my place to pick me up for school.

Yep. Derrick is officially my boyfriend. And man, you need to see how people stare at me in class now. Actually, me and Lala.

Lala keeps nagging about how Kendrick keeps treating her like a second choice all the time.

They had fought three times and made up three times. She keeps saying he has a secret, he doesn't want her to know about.

And all of a sudden I am thinking about my affair with Derrick. He hasn't said the L-word to me yet, but he shows it to me and TJ.

I didn't mention how very close he is with TJ now.

And Lucas?

He's still there. Always making me feel special too.

"Earth to Melanie!"
Lala said, pulling out of my reverie.

I blinked and turned to her. AJ was laughing at me.

"Sorry, what?"

"I have been talking for five minutes and you didn't hear a thing?"

I blinked. What was she saying for five minutes?
"No, I didn't get what you said."

Lala shook her head and stood up to buy a drink from the cafeteria.

I looked up to AJ who was frowning at her cell phone.

"You know, Derrick is worried about you."
I said to her.

"Yeah. I know."

"You know, he didn't do anything. It's Barry not Derrick."

"They knew about it. They all did and no one said a thing."

"Not Derrick. He suspected but he didn't know it was actually true."

AJ sighed and the shrugged. She took a sip of her drink and focused more on her cell phone.

"AJ?"

"Hmm?"

"What does Alpha mean?"

She laughed and shook her head.

"Don't do that. Just tell me what it means."
I knew she was going to tell me to brush it off.

"Okay. Remember the night I called him a Cannibal?"

I nodded. How could I forget the first time I met him?

"Well, it's like that. He has ladies wrapped around his fingers. They do his bidding. You know an Alpha? When you hear that, what comes to your mind?"

I frowned. The only thing that comes to my mind is...
"Physics?"
I blurted.

She laughed hard, such that people were looking at her.

Lala joined us with her drink and looked confused at AJ.

"No, silly. Not that kind of Alpha. The man-eating kind of Alpha. You watch werewolf movies, right? The wolf that tears a human apart?"

"Okayyyy."
I said, slowly. Still don't know where she's going.

She noticed my confusion and rolled her eyes.

"Okay. We all know that the Alpha in those movies tears human flesh. Well, just see it as the same with Derrick. But in a sexual kind of way. He eats p***y like the Alpha. Not just the female part, but most ladies tend to fall helplessly for him. So there; The Alpha."

My mouth was literally hanging open by the time she was done.

What are you shocked? He ate yours quite perfectly, didn't he?
A voice said in my head.

AJ put her hand beneath my jaw and shut my mouth.

Lala was laughing like what AJ just said was actually funny. Thankfully, I didn't tell Lala how he had eaten me in one of the rooms at Lucas's place.

If I didn't that, I would die of embarrassment right now.

So, I know I'm beating around the bush from the first chapter to this one. I usually don't do that and i have no idea why I'm doing it here.

But the really story begins from the next chapter and secrets starts to unfold little by little.

Please leave your votes and comments and don't forget to share.
Love,
Mireya💕

HAVE YOU READ MY FIRST STORY? DON'T MISS THE FUN BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST COMPLETED.

GO TO MY PROFILE AND ADD THE STORY TO YOUR READING LIST. TITLED: HEALER'S TOUCH

SEE YOU THERE😉!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 308 24
Everything about 17 year old Zoe Martin screamed goody-two shoes. From her pristine auburn hair to her designers shoes. She was every teacher's pet...
108 45 15
Hello everyone My name is Ada and this is my story, mostly. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you on your birthday when you think he...
300K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...
88 19 27
I have always been a planner. Never the girl to leap before look at the drop. The type to have a plan and then a back up plan for that first one. How...