Welcome to New York

By feverdreamhigh

โ› It's not that I don't believe in love, I'm a strong believer of it actually, I'm just deathly terrified tha... More

One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four

Three

611 28 28
By feverdreamhigh

He was breathing heavily and panting, as if he ran a hundred miles per hour. I could see sweat beads trickling down on the side of his head. His eyes are bloodshot and his usual piercing blue eyes that I once adore lacked of liveliness. They were dull. The bags underneath his eyes were quite visible.

He looks like as if he didn't slept for days, and from the look of his eyes anyone could tell he had been crying. Crying, like he just saw a loved one passed away before his very eyes. Loved one. Clearly, I'm not one of those to him.

Once he catched his breath and he was back to breathing normally, he wiped the sweat, that were continuously streaming down, with the back of his hand. He regained his posture and he was back to his usual charismatic self, that can fool anyone and make any girl swoon. I furrowed my brows at him and crossed my arms and positioned them on my chest.

I wanted to scream, yell and shout at him. I wanted to slap his face and tell him how dare he do such a thing, when I've been nothing but good to him. I wanted to do all sorts of things, I wanted him to feel the pain I was feeling. I wanted to let him know what it feels like to be heartbroken and feel betrayed.

But, I somehow I couldn't find myself to do it. It was like I still feel pity him, which I know I shouldn't be feeling at all.

Instead, I just gave him a stern look, trying not to flash any kind emotion on my face. I wouldn't want to show that I've been crying over him. I don't want him to show I'm weak and I don't want to let him think that my walls have been torn and broken down.

Because that isn't the case, I kept my guard and walls up since last night and I'm planning to keep it up when I move to New York.

I raised a brow at him to simply gesture and say what is he doing here, and he seems to get the message when he replied,

"Taylor, I know you're mad—"

Before he could even finish what he was about to say, I let out a scoff and rolled my eyes at him. He thinks I'm mad? Just mad? How could he just come here and knock at my apartment door and say 'I know you're mad?' Unbelievable.

"Mad? I think that's an understatement, don't you think?" I said, cutting him off and left his sentence trailing at the tip of his tongue.

"I know, that's why I came here to—"

"Came here to, what? Apologize, Again? And you really think I'll give you another one of your chances? Don't you think that's too much?" I said, not letting my stern tone waver from my sentence.

"Taylor, please just listen to me for a second—" He pleaded, his eyes were gazing into mine but I wouldn't let that fool me. He may look apologetic, but that's how he always looks like when he apologizes.

"Listen to what, Calvin? Listen to your lame excuse that everything was an accident? I saw it with my own two eyes, I saw what happened back at your apartment, I saw how your eyes were filled with lust with every touch that you made and I saw that you didn't even thought about me, you didn't gave a single fuck about what you were doing. And now, you're here to tell me to 'listen' to you?" I said and laughed without humour at the last part of my sentence.

Honestly, just by looking at his face, I already feel nauseous. It just sickens me to know that he's been touching another girl during our relationship.

And the question inside my head that's been bothering me since last night is still left unanswered. Why did he did that? Didn't he felt guilty? Didn't he felt a single ounce of remorse for what he did? Not even a little?

Well, I guess congrats to him for making it through without feeling any guilt or shame. And honestly, it hurts when you finally realized that you arent as important to someone as you thought you were.

I saw his muscles tensed up on what I said and I could see the veins on his temples growing out of frustration. He furrowed his brows at me with lines forming on his forehead, to make him look intimidating and frustrated.

"Let me explain—"

"Explain what? Don't tell me your excuse is because I wasn't giving you enough pleasure. I already heard that from you too much. And why are you even here? Why don't you go back to your brunette and snog the life out of each other."

I was about to close the door at his face and continue to wait for Karlie and pretend I didn't had this conversation with him, when he blocked the door from shutting with the tip of his black leather shoe.

I turn around and furrowed my brows at him, feeling the anger inside me starting to boil but I told myself he's not worth of my time.

"What do you want?" I asked, annoyance evident in my tone while he look at me with his eyes pleadingly.

"Taylor, please don't end this. You're not going to end our two year relationship now, are you?" He asked and he tried to grab my hand and take it in his, but quickly pulled it away.

"Let me remind you that you're the one who started it. Weren't you the one who cheated on me? And yes, I'm going to end this nonsense relationship that we had. So if you'll excuse me.."

I was about to shut the door, when I remembered something urgent I needed to do to him, before we finally part ways and never see each other again and mark him as somebody that I used to know. I slightly opened the door, making the gap bigger than before.

His eyes sparked and lit up when I opened the door, it was like as if he got a toy that he wanted for years now. Too bad, since it'd be the opposite.

"By the way," I trailed off.

Before continuing what I have to say, I removed the diamond ring he gave me that doesn't matter to me anymore. I grabbed his hand and outstretched his palms. I placed the ring at his palm rather harshly and slightly pushed his hand away.

"Give this to your brunette slut, and don't ever show your ass to me again." I said coldly and gave him a glare before finally closing the door at his face.

Once I slammed the door at his face, the vibration and the sound of the door hitting the wall echoed inside the empty apartment. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for just a moment, processing what just happened a while ago. It's over. We're finally over.

But I thought quietly to myself, that maybe we were over a long time ago that I was just too blind and oblivious to see and notice it.

Nevertheless, this time we officially broke this off. And now, he's just somebody that I used to know. I sigh escaped from my lips and I opened my eyes.

The apartment was quiet, too quiet that you can probably hear a needle drop from the silence. Now, I'm suddenly wishing that Karlie will come home soon.

Although, I wouldn't tell her about my little scene with Calvin. If she finds out that he came into our apartment, he'll probably won't see the daylight after that. The thoughts of what Karlie might do to him if she finds out runs in my mind while I went to my bedroom to take out my luggage.

I got my black luggage and carried it to the couch, I must say it's quite heavy. Well, what should I expect? I'm bringing all of my clothes and belongings, and that's more than heavy.

I rested the luggage at the edge of the couch and I sat down at the other side. Raising my feet up and spreading them across the sofa until I was comfortably lying down with my head resting on the armrest.

I glanced at the circular clock that's hanging in front of the wall I'm facing, and it says it's already ten in the evening. I haven't even noticed that the time passed by this quickly.

The sound coming from the clock and the quiet hums coming from the air conditioner filled the quiet and silence of the whole apartment. Leaving the whole apartment into peace and tranquility.

Karlie doesn't come back after another hour or so, and I figured it wouldn't hurt if I doze off for moment while waiting for her. And it'd be great if I get some shut-eye from a long and exhausting day.

And without hesitation and doubts, I closed my eyes, blocking the light coming from the florescent bulb.

I was slowly drifting off to my own dreams and wonderland, and before I knew it I was out like a light.

"Congratulations, Mr and Mrs. Harris." The priest said once he pulled away from the kiss we just had.

We smiled at him, much brighter and wider than before. And somehow we couldn't wipe the smiles on our faces, we couldn't stop the giddy feeling we were experiencing.

Everything at the moment seems to be perfect, everything is at the right place and the timing was more than perfect. This is our special day, and this will probably be the most memorable day for the rest of my life. The experience, the feeling and the reactions just made it better.

I felt a tear escaped from my eye and it rolled down on my cheeks, powdered with foundation and makeup. I quickly wiped it away, being careful enough not to ruin or damage the makeup that was applied to my face.

Everything right now is just overwhelming. I never thought I'd be able to reach this stage of my life, yet here I am.

The priest nodded, gesturing us we can finally leave the church and go to the reception to celebrate two souls bound to be one for the rest of their lives.

He held out his arm for me to take and I gladly accepted it. I intertwined my arms with him while my other hand was holding the fresh bouquet of flowers that smells absolutely wonderful.

We walked down on the steps of the altar, with the brightest smiles on our faces, and we walked down the aisle with my veil trailing behind me.

I saw some of my friends cheering for me and some were in the brink of tears.

I glanced at my family, dad has the biggest smile on his face that I ever seen him put on and mom already has some tears streaming down on her cheeks while Austin gave me a joyful and cheery smile.

Everything was perfect, and I'd give away anything just to have this feeling and moment with me for the rest of my life.

But of course, nothing lasts forever..

The sound of a lock opening and the door creaking open, woke me up from my little escapade. I fluttered my eyes open to see the bright light shining directly on me. I squinted at the light and a groan escaped from my lips.

I sat up from the couch, adjusting my vision and eyesight to my surroundings.

Once everything was all clear and not a blurry mess, I glance at the door to see Karlie closing it and changing her heels into her comfortable home slippers. I looked at the clock and it was already midnight. I dozed off for about two hours, and I got a little carried away by my dream.

The dream I had was just, too surreal. That could never and would never happen to me. Me, a happily ever after? No way. I've already gave up of my happily ever after since yesterday, and I shouldn't be expecting that any time soon.

Although the smile plastered on my face in the dream was unbelievable. I never​ thought I could smile that wide and bright, not even in a dream. I sighed, knowing my ending wouldn't be like in those fairy tales that my mom used to tell me every night before I go to bed.

I shrugged the thoughts forming inside my head and focused on Karlie, who's settling down her bag on the kitchen countertop and making herself a glass of wine.

"He came here, didn't he?" She asked unexpectedly without facing me and continued pouring some red wine in her glass.

"What? How did you—?" I asked while I stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen marble countertop.

"Knowing Calvin, he'll obviously do that. He cheated on you twice, and I know what he'd always do when he gets caught. So back to my question, he came here?" She asked, finally facing me and she leaned her back on the countertop near the sink while I grabbed a stool for me to sit on.

"Yeah." I replied, so much for not letting Karlie know about my little scene with Calvin.

"And what did you do?" She asked and perked up a brow at me.

"I gave the ring back and told him to never show his ass to me again." I shrugged at the end of my sentence and Karlie let out a chuckle and sipped from her wine glass.

"That's good. Although if I was there, I would've slapped the daylights out of him."

I guess I know Karlie too well, I knew she was going to say that. With our six years of being best friends​, I almost know what she's going to do and say.

"What time is your flight, again?" She asked as she finished the wine from her glass just in one sip.

"Five, I'll be leaving here at about one." I replied and I saw her pink lips formed into a slight frown.

"You know, I'll miss you. We all will." She said and placed her glass on the sink.

"Don't worry, I'll call." I told her and got down from the wooden stool.

"Where are you going now?" She asked, her voice a bit distant and muffled when I went to the couch and unzipped my luggage and took out a maroon fitted sweater, jeans and my white towel.

"I'm going to take a shower, I wouldn't want to smell awful during the flight now, do I?" I asked her and I heard her chuckle echoed.

I went to the white tiled bathroom, I closed the door behind me and started to run the bath in the bathtub while I stripped down my clothes.

Once the tub was almost full, I hopped in the tub. Letting the lukewarm water hit and sink in my skin.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the tiled wall, letting my nerves ease down and relax for just this moment as I'm just hours away before I'll be stepping foot in New York.

After about half an hour, I drained the tub and stepped out. Wiping myself with the towel I brought along with me.

Once I was dried, I wore the clothes I picked out and when the tub was empty, I opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom.

I saw Karlie sitting on a armchair, holding and checking her phone. The blue light reflecting on her face and she seems to be focused on whatever her screen is flashing.

I didn't bother to interrupt her as I just fixed everything in my luggage, double checking if I forgot anything before I leave.

Once everything was fixed and I was sure I didn't left anything behind, I grabbed my luggage by its handle and grabbed my black leather sling bag.

I cleared my throat and Karlie teared her gaze off from her screen.

"I'm leaving." I said nonchalantly and she stood up from her armchair, slightly making it stumble.

"Let me accompany you." She offered but I shook my head in disagreement.

"No, I can handle myself. You need to sleep. It's nearing one in the morning and I bet you're tired. I'll just call you once my plane lands."

"Nope, not happening. I'm coming with you to the airport, whether you like it or not." She said sternly and I have no choice but to agree with her decision.

I nodded and I strolled my luggage, letting it glide by the four wheels attached to the bottom. Karlie grabbed her purse and we both exited our apartment in a jiff.

We walked to the empty hallways silently, since most of them are sleeping soundly in their own rooms and we wouldn't want them to wake up because of us.

Once we reached the elevator, Karlie pressed the down button and the elevator doors opened up immediately. We got inside, letting my luggage wheels slide along the smooth tiled floors.

Karlie pressed the ground floor, which is the lobby and when the doors closed I could feel the elevator going down.

"Are you sure you're gonna do this?" Karlie suddenly asked, I glanced at her and she kept her head low, staring at the glassy floors of the elevator and not even glancing at my direction to make eye contact.

"Yeah, I need to." I replied and the elevator halted and we landed on the ground floor. The doors opened and we exited the elevator, my luggage strolling and trailing behind me.

"But you've got everything you need here. You've got us, your friends, your job and the wonderful scenery displayed outside. Are you sure you want to let all of that go?" Karlie asked and I heard a slight ounce of hope in her voice, as if it was almost like she was pleading me and asking me not to leave and just stay.

"I'm sorry Karlie, it's just everything I look at reminds me of him. All the memories comes flashing back and I certainly don't need that.

I just need to get away to place where I don't see him or it doesn't remind me of him, and I think it'll be good for me if I start my life again." I said while we exited the apartment and we were back again to the streets of Colorado, but this time it was much calmer than a while ago.

"Alright, I guess I can't do anything to change your mind now. But promise us that you'll call." She reminded me and I nodded along.

We stood there at the empty streets with a few cars passing by every so often, the boutiques and cafes that I walked passed by earlier were closed and the lights that covered up their whole store were turned off and the place was just left with white ordinary lights coming from the lamppost.

Karlie hailed a cab that was coming on our way and we got in, she told the driver to drop us on the airport and he followed her orders without hesitation.

The cab started to move and it was taking us to the airport in a gradual speed and we'll probably arrive in the airport in no time.

I looked at my window and leaned on my headrest, reminiscing the memories I had in this city while Karlie didn't utter a single word.

She didn't act like her usual cheery and bubbly self, instead she fiddled with her fingers and kept her head low, not even making a single eye contact.

After about half an hour later with nothing but silence filling the whole cab, we arrived at the airport.

The driver dropped us off at the entrance, I tried to pay for our ride but Karlie shook my hand away and paid instead. Once she paid, the cab drove away and when it was out of eyeshot, we faced the airport.

My flight was in terminal three and, luckily not many people were waiting for their flight. It wasn't crowded like the ones you see in movies, it was rather calm and quiet.

I heard a sigh and I turned to face Karlie and I saw tears welling up in the corner of her eyes. This is always the hard part of leaving, when it's time to say goodbye.

I gave her a weak smile and she managed to form a small smile even when her tears are threatening to fall.

"Don't say goodbye, cause it's not. God, why am I acting like you're dying?" She said and we chuckled and she wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand.

"I promise, I'll call when I've got the time. I'll miss you." I replied and I hugged her, with my arms around her neck while she did the same.

We hugged tightly, since this will be our last hug for a while. To be frank, it's quite hard for me to say goodbye to Karlie. It's because I treat her like my sister and she also does the same. We treat each other like family, and it's quite difficult to say goodbye to family.

"Alright, you better leave before I stop you from doing so and you've got a flight to catch. And say hi to Selena for me." She said and we pulled away from the embrace. I nodded and grabbed my luggage and strolled to the entrance of the terminal.

Before I got inside, I took one last glance back at Karlie, she gave me a small wave and I smiled in return before entering the terminal and to catch my flight to New York.

Small droplets of water are cascading down on my window and it's slightly drizzling outside. The chilly breeze coming from the air conditioner is making my body slightly shiver from the cold. And my body is starting to ache from my position that I've been stuck in from the last three hours of my flight.

The pilot just announced that we'll be landing shortly, and I honestly feel excited and nervous at the same time. And once we land in New York, it means I'll be starting and building my life all over again.

During the flight, I didn't got even the smallest amount of sleep because my thoughts were busy running and thinking what I have to do when I land in New York.

One thing I was certain I need to do was, I need to build up my walls and I need to keep my guard up. No more relationships, no more flirting with guys and no more happy endings for me.

I vowed to myself that I'll try my best to not get in any sort of relationship with a guy and I guess I'll try to never fall for anyone again.

I couldn't risk of getting another heartbreak, that's the reason why I left Colorado and the reason why I flew to New York.

My thoughts got interrupted when the plane landed on the runway, making the some people slightly jump from their seats. The pilot announced that we safely landed and we were already in New York.

I looked at my window since there was a flashing and blinding light that caught my eye. It was a sign designed in colorful and bright lights and anyone will be attracted by it's brightness.

I looked at the sign properly, trying to read what it says. When I managed to adjust to the brightness, I could finally read what the sign says.

And with the text printed in neon colors, it's says,

Welcome to New York

••

I know you guys are probably getting bored from the last few chapters, but hold on just a lil longer cause this is where the true adventure begins. And don't worry, Harry will make an appearance soon. And by soon, that means the next chapter.

So go on, you can continue reading the next chapter. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 1.7K 32
โ If we love again, I swear I'll love you right. . . โž โ”โ” When Harry broke up with Taylor, that was the only mistake he wished he hadn't done. The...
21.3K 629 21
"A relationship with no trust is like a phone with no signal, you just play games." [One Shot About Harry and Taylor]
38.1K 2.2K 72
"Just give me one more chance, take my hand and I'll take you to Wonderland." Honestly, I did not choose to go to Canada, it wasn't really the first...
185K 7.3K 30
Larry AU where Harry works in a bakery that the cute boy with the blue eyes comes to everyday. Harry flirts with him the only way he knows how, leavi...