Melody 5 - Rising Stars

Door NeylaNeil

Five girls with one dream - get into a hot new girl group, storm the charts and revel in pop stardom! Can f... Meer

Melody 5 - Rising Stars
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (i) - Jadine
2 (ii) - Katya
2 (iii) - Amy
2 (iv) - Rhian
2 (v) - Molly
Chapter 3 (i) - Rhian
3 (ii) - Amy
3 (iii) - Molly
3 (iv) - Jadine
3 (v) - Kat
Chapter 4 (i) - Amy
4 (ii) - Molly
4 (iii) - Kat
4 (iv) - Jadine
4 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 5 - (i) Molly
5 (ii) - Amy
5 (iii) - Kat
5 (iv) - Rhian
5 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 6 - (i) Amy
6 (ii) - Molly
6 (iii) - Jadine
6 (iv) - Rhian
6 (v) - Kat
Chapter 7 (i) - Molly
7 (ii) - Rhian
7 (iii) - Amy
7 (iv) - Kat
7 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 8 - (i) Amy
8 (ii) - Jadine
8 (iii) - Kat
8 (iv) - Molly
8 (v) - Rhian
Chapter 9 (i) - Kat
9 (ii) - Jadine
9 (iii) - Molly
9 (iv) - Rhian
9 (v) - Amy
Chapter 10 (i) - Rhian
10 (ii) - Amy
10 (iii) - Molly
10 (iv) - Kat
10 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 11 (i) - Rhian
11 (ii) - Jadine
11 (iii) - Amy
11 (v) - Kat
Chapter 12 (i) - Amy
12 (ii) - Molly
12 (iii) - Rhian
12 (iv) - Jadine
12 (v) - Kat
Chapter 13 (i) - Kat
13 (ii) - Rhian
13 (iii) - Amy
13 (iv) - Molly
13 (v) - Jadine
Chapter 14 (i) - Rhian
14 (ii) - Kat
14 (iii) - Jadine
14 (iv) - Molly
14 (v) - Amy
Chapter 15

11 (iv) - Molly

15 0 0
Door NeylaNeil

--- MOLLY ---

Molly and the girls were gathered in the makeshift studio above the garage. Lena had just arrived and they were waiting for Amy.

"Shall I go and get her?" volunteered Molly.

Rhian was in no fit state to go - she looked drawn and upset; whether it was from a hangover or the roasting she'd gotten from her mum when she'd turned up with Jadine this morning, Molly wasn't sure. Everyone had heard their huge row in the conservatory. Eventually Amy's dad had intervened and suggested they both take some time to calm down. So Diane had headed into Woking, whilst Rhian had showered and then joined the girls for the band meeting, but she'd barely said two words about her mum or what she'd been up to last night; and all Jadine would pass on was that Rhian would tell them if and when she was ready.

Molly was also picking up some strange vibes from Kat. She usually greeted Lena warmly, but this morning she'd barely looked up from her from her phone when Lena arrived.

Just as Molly was about to go and see what was keeping Amy, she burst into the room and bowled straight over to her.

"So you're seeing Derren McKenzie, are you?" fumed Amy. "And I thought you said you weren't interested in him anymore?"

"Hey, hey, hey," said Jadine crossing over to them. "What are you on about?"

"Little Miss Innocent here had a major crush on our director and threw at herself at him when we were working together. When he knocked her back she assured me she was over him, but apparently last night they hooked up!" Amy rounded on Molly again and thrust her mobile into her chest. "Here you go! Loverboy wants to hook up again sometime!"

Molly clicked on her phone and stared at the text from Derren.

"Amy?" said Lena. "If Molly is seeing Derren, why are you so bothered?"

Amy looked caught out and didn't know what to say.

"It's fine," said Jadine, letting her off the hook. "We all know you've been seeing him."

"But I haven't," said Molly evenly. She wanted to stay calm, even though on the inside, she felt anything but! "Derren came to the dance studios last night and we bumped into each other. It was totally random. We spoke for about five minutes, he told me he's got a job directing a video for The Fierce Charlottes and then I came home."

"The Fierce Charlottes?" said Jadine. "How did he get that gig?"

"Apparently someone at their record company saw our videos and..."

"So he got it on the back of us?" fumed Jadine. "Great! Another one!"

Molly had no idea what Jadine meant and didn't have chance to ask her.

"Then why is Derren asking you out for a drink?" raged Amy. "You must have thrown yourself at him again or something."

Molly realised the time had come to tell the truth - the whole truth. She took a deep breath.

"Amy, I lied when I told you that I tried to kiss Derren at the showcase. He tried to kiss me and I knocked him back."

Amy remained frozen, so Molly hurriedly carried on.

"I didn't want to tell you the truth because I knew you'd been involved with him and I didn't want to hurt your feelings. I didn't want you to think that he could move on from you so quickly. But I don't expect you to believe me - it's just my word against his."

Molly couldn't believe she'd lost her sister and now she was about to lose her new band mates too.

"I understand if you want me to leave the band," said Molly.

Molly took everyone's stunned silence as her cue to leave. She took a deep breath and headed towards the door.

"I believe you," said Amy.

Molly could almost hear the other girls breathe a collective sigh of relief.

"I always knew something wasn't right about what you said happened at the showcase," continued Amy. "And when Derren and I sort of got back together, he wasn't exactly Prince Charming. He didn't want me to tell any of you we were seeing each other. Now I know why. He was still into you."

"And this is why mixing personal relationships with business never works," huffed Jadine.

"Oh Moll, I'm sorry," said Amy bursting into tears. "This isn't even about you."

Molly pulled Amy close and hugged her.

"It's my dad," cried Amy.

As Amy relayed what she'd just learned from her mum, the girls fell into an even deeper silence, punctured with consoling words and hugs.

"So I'm sorry," sobbed Amy. "But I can't carry on with the band."

All the girls were shocked. Not just about the terrible news about Amy's dad, but that Amy would even consider jacking in the band.

"No way, Amy!" said Jadine. "We've come too far together!"

"I know your dad going through a tough time," said Lena. "But I've got the band booked on the bill next month for the Soundscaper Rising Stars Festival."

"That's huge!" said Rhian.

Molly and the girls were shocked - Soundscaper was an online music sharing hub that was now so big, rumour had it that Google wanted to buy it. Five years ago they'd started organising an annual 'Rising Stars' Festival to showcase the best new music and within that short time it had become one of the hottestlaunch pads for aspiring artists in the UK.

"All the industry execs attend!" said Jadine.

"Exactly," said Lena. "And my contact at Riva Records says Glenn Davies will be going. He's on the look-out for a new female pop act."

"Seriously?" said Molly.

"And look at this," said Lena. She pulled out her iPad and opened the links to their uploaded songs and videos - their viewing figures had increased by at least ten times overnight.

"But how come?" asked Amy.

"Singspace.com and Halle Wise finally reviewed your mixtape - they love it!"

"Halle Wise?" said Jadine. "She's got over a million followers."

"Yep," said Lena. "And pretty soon, most of them will be checking out your music. And then telling all their friends. By the time of the Festival, your viewing figures will be sky-high too."

Molly and the girls were gobsmacked.

"I've got some interviews with some grade A music bloggers lined up for you this week - including Halle Wise," continued Lena. "Trust me, with the online buzz you guys are generating, those record execs are gonna be clambering over themselves to sign you. Especially now you've refined your live gigs and Rhian's almost gotten over her stage fright!"

"Is that why you had us play so many crappy gigs?" asked Jadine. "For Rhian's stage fright?"

"Had to work on it before you hit the big leagues," smiled Lena.

Jadine chuckled. "I've got to hand it to you, Lena. I'm impressed."

"Even though you were starting to have doubts?" asked Lena, with a glint in her eye.

"Nah," fronted Jadine with a smile. "I knew my gut instinct about you was right!"

All the girls, apart from Amy, laughed.

"Well, I wish you all the best with it," sighed Amy. "I'll do the gig tonight, but then I'm done."

All the girls turned their attention back to Amy.

"Not because of me?" worried Molly.

"No," said Amy. "I need to be there for my dad."

"But your dad wouldn't want you to miss out on this opportunity," ventured Kat, who'd been quietly sitting in the corner.

"I know you're not close to your dad, but I want to be with mine," snapped Amy.

Even though Amy was upset, Molly thought that was uncalled for and it clearly unnerved Kat. She tried to smooth things over.

"Amy, don't make any hasty decisions," said Molly. "You might feel differently in a couple of days."

"I doubt it," said Amy. "Look, I'm going. I want to see my dad."

And with that, Amy headed out the door.

"Fantastic," quipped Jadine. "Just when things are going right for us, everything goes wrong for us."

"We'll figure something out," said Molly, amazed by how Jadine could focus on business at a time like this, but then Jadine had never let family issues derail her. Jadine took it all in her stride whilst still giving the band her upmost attention. In fact, now Molly thought about it, she didn't think she'd ever seen Jadine cry - did anything ever shake her?

It was then that Molly realised she was just like Jadine - she hadn't let Georgia's anger towards her stop her from joining the band, whereas Amy had abandoned it in a flash to prioritise her family. Molly resolved to ring Georgia as soon as she could and wish her well for her relationship with Josh.

"Well, I suppose things can't get any worse," moaned Jadine.

Just then, Diane bustled into the room.

"Come on, Rhian," she trilled. "I've bought you a ticket back to Penarvon. We're leaving - right now!"

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

32.8K 361 102
Stray kids, oneshots, etc! straykids x female reader 18+ content only! You have been warned! None of the chapters are edited! So im sorry for any e...
2.8K 53 15
It's about one girl who becomes the manager of seventeen boy band , now let's see what happens between this girl and the whole group and let's see w...
110K 2.7K 30
Ever sense you were born your brothers wanted to keep you safe and happy. Your 7 brothers are all you have left when it comes to family. Your parents...
1.1K 29 19
(ONE DIRECTION - ZAYN MALIK) Jasmine kinda sorta maybe has five boyfriends. From five different towns. None of them know each other, so it works perf...